Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Big W: $18... everywere else: $30 :S

Big W: $18... everywere else: $30 :S
Author
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Big W: $18... everywere else: $30 :S Reply with quote
Help! i got the first 2 beebop dvds at big W for $18. they dont sell them anymore and everywere else i look its selling at around $30. were can i get em cheaper?
Weis
Meryl Strife

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You cant. Big W was selling them cheaper as part of an anime promotion during the release of the Animatrix. The promotion has now finished and you cant get them cheap anymore, unless a Big W somewhere has stock left over they havent restored to normal price.

Warning: Use with caution.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You might have luck at JB Hi-Fi. They still sell old anime for ~$18, so... good luck ^^;
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
JB-Hifi still have CB on special for $18.
Darkling
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw a single copy of Volume 5 at Big W Forest Hill for $16.82 (or thereabouts - my memory may be off), but at every JB Hi-Fi I've been to, they're selling the individual volumes at $32! Sad

At which JB Hi-Fi branches have people seen the DVDs for ~$18? Because I'd love to know!
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
JB Hifi in Highpoint and JB Hifi on Elizabeth St both sell them at $18.
Darkling
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, Tony. Much appreciated. I'll be checking it out as soon as I can. I've only seen the first two volumes so far, but on the strength of those, this is definitely a series I want to own. Smile
Mesh
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
k-mart has the box for $118
Darkling
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I've been tempted by the box (a couple of my local K-Marts have it for $127 - and that price comes down quite drastically when they have their '15% off everything' sales), but I don't have a 5.1 sound system, so I'll never be buying the Best Sessions DVD. Which means a permanent empty slot in the box.

Besides, 6 DVDs at $18 each (if that turns out to be achievable) comes out cheaper, box notwithstanding.
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you find the box for the price Mesh mentioned it to be, I'd buy it. If you will never buy best sessions, just put in an empty DVD case.
Darkling
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, yes, it seems as if I'm going to end up getting the box set anyway. JB on Elizabeth Street has the DVDs for $32 apiece again (*sigh*), and Highpoint is too far away.

*pries open wallet and ignores the moths flying out*

I should be able to scrape $127 together from somewhere. Damn my local Video Ezy for not having Volumes 1 and 2 there for me to rent *before* the last big '15% off everything' K-Mart sale. That would have made my life so much easier...
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It should take you 10 mins max to get from the CBD to Highpoint. The suburb it's in is not very far out from suburbs very close to the city.
MooGliSH
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:39 pm    Post subject: Big W Rules Reply with quote
I got Vol 1-6 and The Movie from Big W for 16.20 a peice ^_^

The Big W in Karingal Hub near Frankston, Vic should still have the DVDs but i can't be sure Rolling Eyes
MooGliSH
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Box Set Box Reply with quote
I was also if there anyway of getting the box from the box set seperately since i got them without box.

I seem to remember an offer for the NGE Box, is there anything like this for CB?

Or if you have a box you'd like to sell drop me an e-mail at mglemshr@alphalink.com.au Wink
Mesh
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Box Set Box Reply with quote
MooGliSH wrote:
I was also if there anyway of getting the box from the box set seperately since i got them without box.

I think it is possible to get the empty box from madman
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
With every perfect collection released (That's the whole series in one boxset) the empty box is available to buy. You won't find it available in stores like EB or JB Hifi though. You're best bet is to probably order it off the madman site. Smile
Darkling
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does anyone have confirmed sightings of Cowboy Bebop DVDs for lower than $20, or is it all just urban legend? I'm not much inclined to go chasing around all over the suburbs for DVDs that may or may not actually be there. Smile

Also, I'd need to be able to get all six for the lower price, or it'd just be easier to get the box.

Tony: A friend of mine checked out the Elizabeth Street store for me. I'm not crazy enough to try to park in the city while the Christmas rush is on. Highpoint's quite a long way from me, even driving. Have you seen the Bebop DVDs there at that price recently?
Pete
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where is Big W ? How to get there ? I want only volume 5. I love this story very much ( But my number one is Evangelion & never change )
Darkling
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw Volume 5 for about $17 at Big W Forest Hill (eastern suburbs, near Box Hill/Mount Waverley). This was last week, though, so it might not still be there. Will check it out next time I'm there (which should be tomorrow).
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darkling wrote:

Tony: A friend of mine checked out the Elizabeth Street store for me. I'm not crazy enough to try to park in the city while the Christmas rush is on. Highpoint's quite a long way from me, even driving. Have you seen the Bebop DVDs there at that price recently?

Highpoint I saw a few months ago, and they are still at that price. Most recent would be a month or two ago. They won't change back though, not until all the stock is sold, I guess.

I'm not 100% sure about Elizabeth Street's JB, I was there on Thursday, and I think I saw them in a sale display but I'm not 100% sure.
Weis
Meryl Strife

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well Christmas Rush and cheap anime could quickly lower the stock levels...

If you haven't got any of Bebop yet, you really should just get the boxset from Kmart or FBO.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Darkling
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
To sum up what I've found out (having sent my minions scurrying to Highpoint and back):

Highpoint JB Hi-Fi has Bebop Volumes 1 and 3 for $19. The rest of the volumes are the usual $32.

The Volume 5 that I saw at Forest Hill Big W for about $17 has vanished. (Someone obviously realised a bargain when they saw one.)

I hope this helps someone. Now I just have to take a deep breath and prepare to shell out for the box set. Anyone seen that for a bargain price? Smile
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I went to my local Kmart and didn't see the bebop box there at all.

Yeah, at highpoint they must have sold out of Volumes 2, 4, 5 and 6 and the new stock is not on special.
Requiem
Linn Syun-Rock Dreu Haider Jinto

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've seen the box at Big-W for $120 or so.
Weis
Meryl Strife

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
For $120, its only a little more than buying them all at $18 each plus you get a snazzy box. Though I suppose you probebly have to buy Best Sessions and the movie if you want the box to look any good.

Pete
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I want only volume 5 (under 18 $) Where is that store or who want to sell it. Which train or tram to go there? Which stop ? Who can help me ?
Thank you very much if you help. Wink
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Weis wrote:
For $120, its only a little more than buying them all at $18 each plus you get a snazzy box. Though I suppose you probebly have to buy Best Sessions and the movie if you want the box to look any good.

Empty covers do the trick. There's no reason to stress if you don't have best sessions and the movie. The movie DVD is worth it, but if you own the whole series, best sessions is a waste.
Darkling
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pete: Sorry, but as I mentioned above, the copy of Volume 5 that I saw at my local Big W has vanished. Perhaps someone else can point you in the right direction? FBO has it for $27.54 + $1.50 postage. That seems to be the cheapest on offer I've seen for individual volumes.
Weis
Meryl Strife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dont think Best Sessions is a waste. The 5.1 track on it is awesome and I think its well worth the money. Was good to go back and 'hear' how it should have been originally.

Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Weis wrote:
I dont think Best Sessions is a waste. The 5.1 track on it is awesome and I think its well worth the money. Was good to go back and 'hear' how it should have been originally.

It's not worth it just because it has 5.1. The Movie is 5.1 surround, I think that's enough to 'hear' how CB is originally. Razz

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: