Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Whats your favorite scene

Whats your favorite scene
Author
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Whats your favorite scene Reply with quote
There hasn't really been much going on in the Kenshin forum lately so out of bordom I thought I'd start a new topic and ask everyone what their favorite scene or scenes from Rurouni Kenshin was/where. It can be from the manga, anime series or the OVA's. I'm not just talking about your favorite fight scene but favorite anything, fav joke, dramatic scene, whatever.

My favorite fight would be either Kenshin vs Saito at the begining of the Kyoto Arc. Or the battle at the Kamiya dojo during the Jinchuu Arc, Kenshins group vs Enishi and his "comrades".

For my favorite dramatic scene I would have to say is when Kenshin says goodbye to Kaoru before he leaves for Kyoto. Or the majority of volume 24 of the manga. When Kenshin follows the scent of White Plum (the perfume Tomoe wore) to find Kaoru's dead body left by Enishi during their first battle at the dojo. Then the effect her death has on everybody especially Kenshin.

For my favorite comedic part theres just too many.
Chichiri
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kenshin v Jinei, Kenshin v Saito, Sano v Saito (heh sano got his ass handed to him), the final battle v Shishio, esp when Saito Gatotsu's him right in the head.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
merric
Shinji Ikari

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My favourite scene would have to be when Kenshin learns the final technique. Great choreography (is that the right word?) and animation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Weis
Meryl Strife

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree with merric, when Kenshin is forced to learn the Amakakru technique from Hiko, it is animated very well and the music ties in perfectly.

Warning: Use with caution.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Requiem
Linn Syun-Rock Dreu Haider Jinto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
For fight scenes, either the "boss" fight at the end of betrayal, or the Entire Shishio fight sequence. As for dramatic... Kenshin's little monologue to Tomo after he kills her
Wing-Gundam
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Both of Kenshin`s fights with Aoshi (naturally) and also from the manga -

After Kenshin finds Kaoru`s dead body, but before he finds out that it is a fake. You can almost feel his pain oozing out of each page.
Nosaj
Usagi Tsukino

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
One of the things that stands out in my mind as making the manga unquestionably superior to the OAV is the look on Tomoes face here...

Chichiri
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, and my favourite comedy bit was when Saito met Misao. Damn that made me laugh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mesh
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My favorite part of Kenshin has to be the Shishio fight sequence from the end of the Kyoto arc
Evil
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
One of my favorite scenes is in episode 1 when Karou first meets Kenshin, he jumps to avoid her and slips, some good facial expressions funny, funny stuff.
Weis
Meryl Strife

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chichiri wrote:
Oh, and my favourite comedy bit was when Saito met Misao. Damn that made me laugh

I like the bit just after too when Kenshin and Misao are discussing what type of woman Saito's wife must be. "She must be like Buddha herself!"

Warning: Use with caution.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
darktruth90
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mine is the eps where Sano throws a party and they all get drunk and the part where kaoru pours sake for herself and drinks it and then laugh in front of kenshins face.

conversation's deep, when you talk to yourself�there's no way to cheat�cause you know you can't be no one else�
Tularis
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My favourite scene isn't even a battle or anything dramatic. Its when Sano is on his to Kyoto after Kenshin and he gets lost in a forest and wanders about for three episodes shouting and screaming that he doesn't know where he is. Of course, he then comes across Anji and the rest is history.

The coolest fight though would have to be the final one between Kenshin and Aoshi. There was no talking, no subtlities - Aoshi just went straight into it and fighting in close quarters is always an amusing thing to watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Miyuki
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I believe my favourite would have to be Kenshin Vs. Soujiro the second time. Volume 13 has always been my favourite because Soujiro is such a tragic character and I cried when during the Soujiro flashback episode "The Tragedy of a Stormy night."

Another favourite moment is when Megumi smacks some sense into Kaoru. "You'll never know how it feels to not even get a farewell..." ;_; Megumi plays the smallest but a very important role in the Kyoto arc and it made me admire her as a character.
Wandering to the edge of time.
akemi
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
darktruth90 wrote:
Mine is the eps where Sano throws a party and they all get drunk and the part where kaoru pours sake for herself and drinks it and then laugh in front of kenshins face.

which one was this? is it prior to the Kyoto arc?
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
akemi wrote:
darktruth90 wrote:

which one was this? is it prior to the Kyoto arc?

The end of the Tokyo Arc, episode 24.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: