Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

I have a question *spoiler

I have a question *spoiler
Author
Spaurh Aron Sekpadao Letopanyu Peneju

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: I have a question *spoiler Reply with quote
You know in the last episode at the end just after spike kills vicious and then walks down the stair case to where the rest of the red dragons are standing. Does he die after he says bang or does he just collapse because he is exhausted? I've been wondering about this for ages. If he does die its going to suck because he was one of the maddest characters in anime and i hate it when they kill off the cool ones (eg Kaji anyone and Misato Sad). If anyone could answer that it would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Mattos on Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Himura Kenshin
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
He dies
Trunk's Girl
Madboard Mod

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: I have a question *spoiler Reply with quote
*!Lionheart!* wrote:
i hate it when they kill off the cool ones (eg Kaji anyone and Misato Sad).

Kaji anyone? Eh?
Requiem
Linn Syun-Rock Dreu Haider Jinto

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: I have a question *spoiler Reply with quote
Trunk's Girl wrote:
Kaji anyone? Eh?

Oh god no. lets not go through that again.

And as for the end of CB, I thought it was one of the best endings in an anime I have seen. One of the best things about anime IMO is that not all the endings are "and they lived happily ever after" sweetness and light.
Tularis
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree with Requiem that it was one of the best endings in anime ever. It was sad (the last four episodes or so all were) but in a way it was kind of fitting and I couldn't think of a better ending. If Spike had survived it wouldn't have sucked but it wouldn't be as good either. I remember when he was talking to Faye and she accused him of going to meet Vicious to die. His response though was that he was going there to see if he had ever lived. No way was he going to survive after a comment like that Razz

Spike was very cool, but he was destined to die. I'm just glad one of the other main characters didn't.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree, it was the best ending I'd ever seen. Perfect.

'Hard Luck Woman' made me cry alot. =/
Requiem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tony wrote:

I dunno... I think "Speak like a child" was worse, because it showed her what she lost, and how innocent she was as a child.
Mattos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll give it that, that it was an awesome ending but i still can't shake a feeling of sadness that one of the coolest (if not the coolest) character in anime die. i'm over it now, i wouldnt mind seeing a manga made showing what the other main characters are doing with there lives and how spikes death has affected them personally. I think that would be pretty cool. If not that we could make a fan made manga about it, that would be cool as well.
GinHebi
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well as long as he lives on in your mind it's ok? Wink

I agree with it being the perfect ending. Because now real diehard fans can pretend that Spike lives... And!!!....
Pretend that the military girl from the movie joins the crew.

Smile
oogi2000
Eikichi Onizuka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I agree with it being the perfect ending. Because now real diehard fans can pretend that Spike lives...

LOL.

oogi2000 shoots Spike again dead. Smile
GinHebi
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
oogi2000 wrote:

oogi2000 shoots Spike again dead. Smile

Fair enough.... BUT! Is he really dead? Razz
Mattos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you ask me anyone can believe what they want about it. It isnt proven that spike is dead sure he collapses and looks like hes dead but then again spikes been through worse and lived like in the movie.
GinHebi
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
AND in the series.... as he himself said....
"I've died before"
Mattos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So in conclusion Spike doesnt die he just comes back even stronger!! Twisted Evil
GinHebi
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OMG! Spike is a Sayan?
Mattos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep he sure is.
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Requiem wrote:
Tony wrote:

I dunno... I think "Speak like a child" was worse, because it showed her what she lost, and how innocent she was as a child.

That was also a sad episode for me. Had alot of meaning to Faye's character.
Fuhrur
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, Eva spoilers in the CB forum. Rolling Eyes

Spike dies. Accept it.

And why does the top of the building explode when Spike goes to fight Vicious? I never got that.
Mattos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I accepted that Spike died a while ago but heck we might as well have a joke about it. I can't help you on that question I havent watched it in a few months.
Requiem

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tony wrote:
Quote:

That was also a sad episode for me. Had alot of meaning to Faye's character.

I watched the last 4 eps of CB at NUAC tonighty and I changed my mind - Hard Luck Woman is sadder. And as for spike being dead, well you see the star go out, and the stylised picture at the end, not to mention the final message - "Your gonna carry that weight".

Oh, and anyone who mixes Cowboy Bebop with DBZ should be burned at the stake Smile
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You're right. Ed leaving just made it so much sadder. Especially the scene where Ein follows Ed. Many tears. Crying or Very sad

DBZ & CB? Are people out of their mind?
Mattos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
DBZ blows chunks!!!!!!! The only reason why I was talking about it was that I was caught up in the moment of things. No Spike is not a Saiyan but he still does come back even stronger. Twisted Evil Yeah Hard Luck Women was a really great episode and I love the song at the end Call Me Call Me. That song suits the episode really well.

BTW I didnt cry during that episode I found it sad but not sad enough to make me cry. Sad
GinHebi
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad Yeah... his star went out.... I forgot about the way cool indian guy.

"Bang!" *respect*
Mattos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok Peoples lets give Spike the one minute silence respect. Crying or Very sad

Is it over yet?

Do we have to start all over again?

ARGH stuff it you all know what I mean Spike will live in all of our hearts as one of the best anime characters ever. BTW I had completely forgoten about all the signs that were dropped during the series when I made this topic. If I had of remembered it all, it would have been obvious that he Dies. Atleast it was in a cool way.
jak
Melfina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: :( Reply with quote
I have to say i respect spike too much to think hes dead. e just needed a nap.......i hope...mabie...did he die....sniff. sniff.
“You must endure this loneliness. Man can never completely erase this loneliness because all men are fundamentally alone. Pain is something that man must carry in his heart, and since the heart feels pain so easily. Some believe life is pain”
Someone
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sad Vicious died too!!! Doesn’t anyone care about Vicious? (lol)
Tularis
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually, I thought Vicious was a great character and its a shame he wasn't in it more. The fact that he wielded a katana in an age where everyone had guns, and a robotic ugly-looking bird just added to his general coolness. I didn't care so much that he died because well, his a villian. He is expected to die! Razz I would have cared if he had kicked the bucket from someones hand other then Spikes, but them dying together (more or less anyway) is kind of fitting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
type
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Spoilers All the way through

Yes Vicious was definately a cool and underused character and his dub voice was probably one of the best. The whole gun vs sword fight sounds like a crappy idea, but it plays out brilliantly, short but sweet. Hollywood should definately take a look at the way that final battle (along with the one in episode 5) was done, as it has a certain air of realism to it, considering the circumstances. By the way, didn't realise that bird was a robot, must of missed that.

As for the death scenes of cool characters, I say bring em on, a lot of the best moments are the death scenes. One of the reasons Eva was great was because it killed off all the main characters, Rei's death was great, Misato's final scene was even better and Asuka's death scene was unbelievable (though it would of been better if she was actually eaten). Even a badly written show like DBZ managed to pull off some brilliant death scenes, Vegeta anyone. I guessing the writers were thanking their lucky stars that Akira brought all the characters back to life so that they could kill em all off again.

One of the main reasons Bepop needed an ova or another series is that we need some conclusion with Faye and Ed. Both those characters were underused throughout the show and they were denied a heroic final scene (okay Ed's last scene was great), but both will forever be remembered as wandering aimlessly, as part of the living.
GinHebi
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
will forever be remembered as wandering aimlessly, as part of the living.

Such is life. Why not use that for the symbols thread Wink
Someone
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I thought Vicious was a great character and its a shame he wasn't in it more.

Yeah I was also a bit dissapointed that the main antagonist of the series wasn't explored further. We knew he was like Spike, his equal opposite (if that makes any sense) because only Spike could kill Vicious and vice versa. But what gets me is why did they hate each other so much, which led to that final moment.
Was it because Spike quit the syndicate? Or did Julia somehow fit into this somehow.
My first impression was that she was the love interest of both the guys, but the series doesn't seem to explore that.
Requiem

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My guess is Julia. One of the common flashbacks is Vicious in bed with Julia, then of course you have Spike asking her to run away with him, her caring for him while he was wounded etc.
Tularis
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, thats pretty much the idea I got as well. Spike and Vicious were both in love with Julia and because of their common ideals they went from being best friends to their worst enemies. Spike leaving the Syndicate was only a small part of the equation, and who knows what would have happened if there had been no Julia. Vicious may have gone with him and they could have been cruising together with Jet and Co on the Bebop. (Unlikely, but eh.) The impression I got was that Vicious wasn't as grim or dark now as he was back then. Spike has flash backs of the two of them smiling, and it would have been good to see more of Vicious' personality from back then.

Ah well...
Allyourbasearebelongtous
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello all you pizza pocket loving ppl out there i have one thing to say and that is that all you base are belong to us .. move zig move zig. OK! Cool and that the good thing about anime is that if some one dies just rewind the damn thing till before he died problem solved.
Mattos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thats you isnt it adam?

If it is you blow chunks. You chunky blowing chunk. Cool
ili
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Spike, Vicious and Julia story is the basic backbone of Bebop.
Julia was with Vicious and one day Spike got injured at which Julia took it onto herself to help him recover. And during this time we can assume that they fell in love. You can see their entire history being played out in the end credits. Vicious caught them coming home together and then they sort of fell apart from there.
Spike asked Julia to leave with him but she didn't come because she didn't want to kill him, which Vicious had ordered her to do.
That's basically it. But it's really nifty because you are invited to piece the clues together yourself and make your own decision then as to what really happened.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mystery Man v 2.0
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allyourbasearebelongtous wrote:
hello all you pizza pocket loving ppl out there i have one thing to say and that is that all you base are belong to us .. move zig move zig. OK! Cool and that the good thing about anime is that if some one dies just rewind the damn thing till before he died problem solved.

YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY TO DESTRUCTION!

You chunky chunk blower.

Or something. What the other guy said.
Mattos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yay everyone rally together and lets go smite adam. Twisted Evil
Mystery Man v 2.0
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
*!Lionheart!* wrote:
Yay everyone rally together and lets go smite adam. Twisted Evil

*Points to Adam*

YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOR TIME!
Mattos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Laughing Great Zerowing pun Laughing

Lionheart shakes Mystery Man v 2.0 hand

Mystery Man v 2.0 can i add you to my msn list?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: