Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Anime Idol Competition Animania

Anime Idol Competition Animania
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Anime Idol Competition Animania Reply with quote
^_^ I thought I'd put up a forum about this.

What songs have everyone prepared for and how far along in it are they?
I've prepared Sen no Kotoba (FFX-2) and Real Emotion (FFX-2). All in Japanese of course ^.^

As a back up I've also prepared Mononoke Hime's Vocal Theme (the falsetto one... ^^; I'm meso-soprano so the song's good for me as a girl).

Anyone else?

I'm hoping this forum might help people organize so that double songs don't happen too much, since there's a max two people with same song rule.

(My entire group's going to be there fairly early during the day too, since we're at Artists Alley, so this might help people get an idea of which songs might already be taken.)
Cypher-Khan
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Anime Idol Competition Animania Reply with quote
Kabukiyasha wrote:
What songs have everyone prepared for and how far along in it are they?
I've prepared Sen no Kotoba (FFX-2) and Real Emotion (FFX-2). All in Japanese of course ^.^

Yanno, I was considering doing "Sen no Kotaba" Koda Kumi is awesome (unless you listen to her english version of the song... which is horrible). Still, far better sung by a girl, Koda's range 0wnz my own and dropping the song a couple of octaves isnt that great an idea anyway...

Alas, my dream of doing a song sung by a woman is shattered. (Tho, the temptation is there for me to do the Card Captor Sakura song... - That would be so scary that it was awesome)

-------------

Im really tempted to get up there and do "Forces" the Berserk song. Its a little higher than my usual range... (been a bass since I was 14) but its do-able... except I lack the abilities to "prepare" the songs (I assume this means taking out the voice of the original artist).

Other choices that interest me would be Shakkazombie's "Warm or Cold" (10 points for Japanese rap) or maybe a Gravitation song (tho, those are damn hard...)

----------------

Oh and I assume your version of "Sen no Kotaba" will be the game version (extended) and not the Orchestral version (my personal favourite)... right??
Kabukiyasha
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
^_^ It's the long version. But no, not orchestral, the backing music will be too difficult to find and I don't really like singing with words in the back, it's a bit unfair unless you absolutely couldn't find proper backing music.

I love Gravitation music, Nittle Grasper would be really nice if anyone pulls it off ^_-
mrgazpacho
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Anime Idol Competition Animania Reply with quote
Kabukiyasha wrote:

As a back up I've also prepared Mononoke Hime's Vocal Theme (the falsetto one... ^^; I'm mezzo-soprano so the song's good for me as a girl).

Ooh I like that choice =D1
Luciferian
Nanoha Takamachi

Location: Baulkham Hills ( the classy version of bogan ville)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Im really tempted to get up there and do "Forces" the Berserk song.

Oh such a excellent song, my friend would love to do a cover of forces, i myself almost have all the words down pact. Smile

If we could
Melt together and die together, that'd be
Real bliss.

No.1 Lordconan Fangirl STILL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Friezaess
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kabukiyasha wrote:

I love Gravitation music, Nittle Grasper would be really nice if anyone pulls it off ^_-

I've set it as a challenge for myself to one day perform Shining Collection ^^ Scary, don't you think? Wink

I'm debating whether to do Eden from Yami no Matsuei, or maybe something like Stone Roses from Weiss Kreuz. Hell, throw in some L'arc~en~Ciel for good measure Razz

Luv and glomps,
~Fri
Kabukiyasha
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
*Bows* ^^;

Don't know how it will be, I'm hoping to get my first two choices though because my team and I are dressing in Final Fantasy X-2 XD

The cosplay is so painful ne. So much work and time and effort and money ^^;

Thought a song from a series I'm cosplaying in will be good ne?

Shining Collection... ~ *Swoooon*
Cypher-Khan
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shining Collection...

Yanno, for some reason I cant seem to remember this song from the anime...

(forgive me... its been a long time)... but ha, there is no way I can sing this one. Too fast..

Ahh, here we go... "Sleepless Beauty" that was my favourite Gravitation song... - and if I were willing to practice I could pull it off.

--------------

Ha, Yeah, Forces is great fun.... Ive got two versions of it, but Ill stick with the usual. The only bit that causes me any problems is the damn "Hai Yai Forces Hai Yai Forces" - Its *just* enough to be uncomfortable if I sing like the vocalist.

-------------

Quote:
Thought a song from a series I'm cosplaying in will be good ne?

Especially if you are going as her in that dress from the Thunder plains... Im a huge Yuna fanboy... That FMV was absolutley brilliant... - (both in english and Japanese, naturally the Japanese one was better, lip sync was so perfect... and Koda Kumi as I believe I mentioned... is god)
Kabukiyasha
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
^_-
I'm going as Lenne, my best friend is doing Yuna.
Her hair is SO painful XD

I've put it down to Real Emotion and Sen no Kotoba. I've even learned the dance for it ^^; Obsessions are us.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: