Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Love Hina Discussion/Survey

Love Hina Discussion/Survey
Author
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Love Hina Discussion/Survey Reply with quote
Any Love Hina readers out there?

I couldn't find a thread specifically talking about Love Hina, and since its such a great manga, I thought it needed one. (Watch as I get no replies and it burns down to page 8 in a week)

So first of all, I was wondering what is everyone's favourite volume of Love Hina, and what was the funniest/dramatic moment that you really liked in the series?

For me, my favourite volume was Volume 5 because we got to know almost all the characters quite well, while still being absolutely hilarious. And the by far best moment was Tama-chan's antics on page 171 of Volume 5.

So anyone else that likes Love Hina, care to discuss?

Manga - currently collecting: Kare Kano, Negima, GTO, Tsubasa, Comic Party, Ai Yori Aoshi, Gunslinger Girl
Princess_ Bijou
Usagi Tsukino

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I love The Love Hina manga.... my fave is volume 14......the ending......i cried like the little girl I am!!!
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm still reading it. finished vol 8 today and hopefully picking up vol 12-14 tomorrow to finish it off for me.

Anime News Network Australia
Cypher-Khan
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Heh, took me two days to read this one... and was definatley worth it. In retrospect, I probably could have done it in one if I tried hard.

As for favourite volume... umm... hmmmm, hard to say... but probably the one that sorta happens after he gets into Toudai but hes in the middle of the desert somewhere.

I thought thier get back Keitaro expedition was rather amusing.

But yeah,,, great manga
Schroedinger's_Cat
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been reading it since Madman started distributing it, so only the first two volumes so far.

I think it's great. But at this point is doesn't seem any different to the anime since it consists almost entirely of the girls beating up Keitaro.
Since everyone keeps saying how much better the manga is, I'll keep with it, but I still don't understand how it's different.
Raven Xavier
Usagi Tsukino

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i luv mutsumi
she's just like keitaro
and she's hot as far as anime goes
i hav read the mang and seen the anime
and i like the manga best
so much better
Midnight
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Schroedinger's_Cat wrote:
I've been reading it since Madman started distributing it, so only the first two volumes so far.

I think it's great. But at this point is doesn't seem any different to the anime since it consists almost entirely of the girls beating up Keitaro.
Since everyone keeps saying how much better the manga is, I'll keep with it, but I still don't understand how it's different.

Stick with it. While it starts out like that, around 4-5 it starts to explore the characters in better depth (along with some hilarious moments), and the big payoffs come around 9-13, where the series gets very interesting and fun (to me, anyway).

I think all Akamatsu manga's start out that way. From what I've seen of the 2 volumes of Negima, is a basic school romance thing. However, I've been told it keeps that basic idea, but it changes dramatically just after book 2.

Manga - currently collecting: Kare Kano, Negima, GTO, Tsubasa, Comic Party, Ai Yori Aoshi, Gunslinger Girl
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm just about to go read volume 14 now. I didn't get too much out of volumes 11 and 12, mainly because i got love hina again imported and after seeing it, it kinda ruined the major stuff that happened in the volumes. At least vol 13 was new and fun to read. I can't wait to read how it ends now

edit- i just finished it earlier. It was a good way to finish it off. I wanted to see more of Grandma Hina though, she was like there and then gone. Compared to the series, well I'd say the manga would just out beat it. But the anime has alot more replaying value. I enjoyed watching and reading the love hina series, now it's onto getting me some naru figurines hehe

Anime News Network Australia
Cypher-Khan
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Schroedinger's_Cat wrote:

They leave the country a few times.... - thats a little different... - but yeah... after about volumes 5 and 6 thats where the stuff in the anime ends... so everything else is new (and worth it).

Seta becomes an even better character than he was... and Keitaro manages to retain pride of place as my favourite character.
Foxi
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I'm only up to Vol. 3. They just got back after they failed to get into Tokyo U and went on the trip. It was funny, I like it, it's really fluffy, but in a good way.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: