Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Thumbs up for Deluxe DVD collection..

Thumbs up for Deluxe DVD collection..
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Thumbs up for Deluxe DVD collection.. Reply with quote
Hi folks,

Id like to start by saying that the actual tin box rocks, the colours, shape and markings are pretty cool!

Id recommend that every fan watch the first 2 episodes in Japanese (turn English subtitles on) before watching the English episodes on volume 1 this will ensure that you have a good concept of what is going on from the very beginning.

If youre really game, check out the black and white episode before the first 2 colour episodes, but have a coffee before you kick it off!

Id also suggest that you dont watch the delete scenes until you have finished all 51 English episodes, as their relevance isnt critical.

So after flicking through the deleted scenes, Ive noticed that there are only the main scenes, rather than every delete edit. Now, this isnt too big a deal, but from what I have seen in comparing the VHS release, there are a few edits here and there which make the show a little darker (as someone mentioned in an earlier post).

However for now, I want to thank MADMAN for their efforts, as I can actually watch the first 2 episodes with subtitles, and do not have to take a crash course in Japanese! I didnt realize Atlas was there to steal gold, it makes much more sense now!

OK so where to from here?

Well, I will have a web site up, hopefully before Christmas or maybe sometime early2005, which will - list all the edits that MADMAN have not mentioned. From my initial look, these are tiny edits, eg. a few seconds extra of Tornados body burning up in more detail etc.. (as seen in the Japanese release of Robot Circus).

However, from what I can tell so far, there wont be much! If all goes well, and MADMAN appreciates my time and effort, they will allow me to post these edits (in AVI or MPEG format) online (but I will need fan support to get that happening!).

Cheers,

Atlas Omega.

Last edited by Atlas Omega on Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
winged_seraphim
Melfina

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I support you 100% this time, as long as you're positive about it all.
evaunit01
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good to see you've come around, with that attitude I'm sure you will get alot more support.

Racist and Homophobe extraordinaire!
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Thumbs up for Deluxe DVD collection.. Reply with quote
Atlas Omega wrote:
[size=9]Hi folks,

Id like to start by saying that the actual tin box rocks, the colours, shape and markings are pretty cool!

Absolutely! Top Quality packaging. Very Happy

Quote:
Id recommend that every fan watch the first 2 episodes in Japanese (turn English subtitles on) before watching the English episodes on volume 1 this will ensure that you have a good concept of what is going on from the very beginning.

These are very nice. Especially episode 2.

Quote:
If youre really game, check out the black and white episode before the first 2 colour episodes, but have a coffee before you kick it off!

I found this to be quite charming. Of course I've seen bits and pieces over the years of the black and white version. So it was cool to see a completed episode for once. The humour in it is definately Tezuka's style. Smile I'll be buying this set when Madman release it.
Sakuya
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
well it's good to see that the Astroboy boxset is well received.. a lot of ppl here put in a lot of time and effort to get that out.

oh god the subs are bringing me back nightmares.. hahaha.. man that took a long time to sub.
AUSTIN316
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sakuya wrote:
well it's good to see that the Astroboy boxset is well received.. a lot of ppl here put in a lot of time and effort to get that out.

oh god the subs are bringing me back nightmares.. hahaha.. man that took a long time to sub.

I was very impressed with the Japanese episodes and the subbing was mostly very well done apart from a few misstimed lines and of course calling "Ham Egg" "Harmaid" I also dont see why Atom was subbed as Astro, defeats the purpose of watching an ORIGINAL Japanese episode but I so love Madman for all their hard work and effort that must have gone into making this set as I can't imagine that editing the episodes that had edits to fit the English track was easy!!!!

Despite my faults, will I be forgiven?
Please tell me."

Hamasaki Ayumi - I am...
soma
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Picked my box set up last week for $158 at K-Mart minus an additional 15% for their clearance sale. Nice price.

Huge respect to Madman for what is a very tasteful tin box design, colours, packaging, etc. A true collector's item and I'm already a quarter of the way through the series... haven't seen these since I was a boy.

Props guys!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: