Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Should I watch Astro vs Atlas or wait till I finish series

Should I watch Astro vs Atlas or wait till I finish series
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Should I watch Astro vs Atlas or wait till I finish series Reply with quote
Its a dillema! Does Astroboy vs. Atlas reveal too much?

Why did the US series leave this episode out?

Should I watch it now. Or wait till I've watched the complete series?
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
How can it reveal too much? It's the second episode, you're meant to see it before the rest of the series.

Why was it left out? Who knows. Most edits of the series seem to be removing violence, but Astro vs Atlas wasn't overly violent. Perhaps they wanted Atlas to be mysterious.

I suggest you watch the two subbed episodes, then move onto the series in English.
CMoon
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This came up on another board. There may be several reasons for the removal of the Atlas plot. One of which is simply that the Atlas plot is VERY dark--Livian has been dismantled at the end, Atlas is missing an arm and a leg. Atlas takes revenge on his own creator. That's certainly not the stuff of cartoons for the USA in the early 80's. But maybe more important, the show is called Astro Boy, and in those two episodes Atlas pretty much steals the show from Astro.

Perhaps it is also because the two episodes require continuity--and it seems there's nothing hated in the west more than necessary continuity between episodes.
Tsar
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wasn't going to watch the Atlas v Astro Boy episode until after I went through the series. But as it is taking me forever, and reading the above post I had to check out the complete first 2 episodes. The plots involving Atlas were fantastic. He certainly steals the show!!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: