Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

fafner complaint

fafner complaint
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: fafner complaint Reply with quote
hey i was wondering who puts the audio on the dvd's that madman produce because i am annoyed, i was watching a trailer for fafner and i thought that would be a great show anyway i rushed into jb hifi and bought it and took it home not taking time to look at the cover, pity i should have, anyways i got home and started watching it so i put my amp on and pressed play, watched it for a bit the voices were a bit quiet so i turned the amp up a little more and i couldn't hear the robots properly so i went into the menu and choose audio setup and then i looked at it and it wasd set to 2.0 i was shocked and annoyed, why would you make a series with such crappy audio i believe that people that have spent a bit of money on there home theater should be intitled to a nicer sound, i believe you should give the option of 5.1 or 2.0 like some dvd's have, i mean if you went out and bought a movie like war of the worlds or something with explosions and sounds you would be angry if it was in 2.0 which should be the same for anime , thanx very much
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
well that should teach you to look at DVD covers first :p

depending on the series and how old it is (but some newer ones are 2.0 as well i think) it depends on the availability of the audio i think and not all are done in 5.1

i think it depends on what it was originally recorded in so its not always "madman's fault"
Balsnac
Mint Blancmanche

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedfreek19 wrote:
i think it depends on what it was originally recorded in so its not always "madman's fault"

Very true, madman don't always have the option of providing great audio for a series, besides fafner ain't that great.

Winner of the Madvivor Challenge: Round 1
Meguel Sanchez
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
most anime is stil in stereo . . . at least that japanese audio is, and you can always use pro logicII or something it normally sounds alright
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Japanese, American, and Australian releases all have stereo only. Blame the Japanese; from the looks of things (I haven't seen it), this is a pretty standard TV show, so there probably wasn't much call for producing a 5.1 soundtrack in the first place.

As Meguel suggests, ProLogic II is your friend when it comes to anime (I'm assuming you have it, since you 'spent a bit of money' on home theatre).

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: