Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Bad Pressing For Gits: Sac 2nd Gig Vol 1?

Bad Pressing For Gits: Sac 2nd Gig Vol 1?
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Bad Pressing For Gits: Sac 2nd Gig Vol 1? Reply with quote
Hi all,

I'm in New Zealand, but I was told that I was better off posting this here.

As a Ghost in the Shell fanatic, I recently picked up the Official Log and the first volume of 2nd Gig. However, in the 3rd episode, just after Togusa says something like, "We should go an mingle," the DVD locks up. I tried it on 3 different DVD players and got the same result. Thinking it might just be a bung copy, I took it back to the shop and got a replacement. However, testing it out today I was horrified to see the same problem was present.

Does anyone else have this problem? Was it just a bad pressing with the disc? I heard the same thing happened with Azumanga Daioh Vol 5. If it is a bad pressing, what is the procedure to get this kind of thing fixed. I'd really like to get it sorted because I want to watch it and it's annoying because I can't.

Cheers,

Li.

EDIT: I was told I would be barked at if I didn't follow the exact layout of the How To thread. Sorry! It's late here, so I'm a tad too tired to get into the specifics of hunting out manuals to track down DVD player model numbers, but for the moment I can tell you that besides the 2 DVD players in this house, it locked up on both my PC and my Playstation 2. I couldn't tell you the exact time using those two methods as neither one of them has a timer. Sorry! Embarassed I'll try and be more technical tomorrow. I just wanted to find out if this was widespread.
coldfire
Pants on head crazy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mine works fine maybe its just dodge batch.
Even if their eyes are scorched.Even if their arms are writhing, they will never stop marching head,guided by the will'o the wisp.They will will their way and shoot at point-blak distance,the footsteps that have thrown life away, the trigger that brings death.,the 901 Anti-Tank-Trooper.
Balsnac
Mint Blancmanche

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ditto mine works fine, well there's a tiny pause for a second or so in episode 3 but it's so minor it's nothing. You probably just got a bad copy so your better of exchanging it.

Winner of the Madvivor Challenge: Round 1
Carrion
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mine dose both, I watched it using Real player and it locked up at about the same point ,i think, on one DVD player it pauses for a seconed and moves on, while on an other it stuters from then on for the rest of the DVD.
banksie
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can confirm this as being present on my copy of the disc, it doesn't cause my Dxr3 to crash but it does cause a very noticeable pause in the replay. I haven't tried it with PowerDVD yet...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: