Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Kimba season 2

Kimba season 2
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Kimba season 2 Reply with quote
I know there is no GOOD english dub.

I know there is no nostaligia value...

..but people have to finish what they start, and there is still a good 26 episodes left. These 26 episode are only available as bootleg or in the most uncared for form.

Having done everything it can for astroboy and the first 52 episodes of Kimba it seels now that the only people left who might even bother with the remaining 26 episodes would be Madman.

I already contacted Right Stuf about it and they said they didn't have the rights. That only leaves Madman.

Time to make a tough choice Question
Kirben
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The English version was called 'Leo the Lion', due to legal issues.

Three volumes of the series have been released on DVD in Australia, but with only 2 episodes per volume.

Several volumes of the series were released on DVD in the USA, but with distorted audio. Check the 'Sequels & Movies' section of Kimba: The White Lion web site for more information.

I'm not sure there would be enough interest in the series, since it isn't as well known as the original.
CMoon
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kirben wrote:
The English version was called 'Leo the Lion', due to legal issues.

Three volumes of the series have been released on DVD in Australia, but with only 2 episodes per volume.

Several volumes of the series were released on DVD in the USA, but with distorted audio. Check the 'Sequels & Movies' section of Kimba: The White Lion web site for more information.

I'm not sure there would be enough interest in the series, since it isn't as well known as the original.

*nods* All of my comments were made in reference to those dvds. The sound is unlistenable. The dub (while accurate) is of the poorest quality. Honestly, I could easily get some of my friends to make a better dub than this. The question is, does anyone care, or is the significance of Tezuka's films only caught up in childhood nostaligia?
outerspacerace
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I care, I'd snap this up on day one if released properly here!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: