Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

DBZ on Cheez TV... when?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
DBZ on Cheez TV... when?
Author
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:03 am    Post subject: DBZ on Cheez TV... when? Reply with quote
I don't know if this has been mentioned recently, but I haven't been hanging around here lately. Anyway, when are the new episodes of DBZ coming on Cheez TV?

------------------
... *nostalgic mode* Ahh, do you remember the days when the great Hyper C and the legendary TeAk were in charge of the forums. The Madboards were fun times then.....
Degenerate
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
well they are currently playing the cell games, so they *might* just keep continuing from there by starting season 4 straight after then moving onto 5
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Like last year, probably sometime around feburary.

------------------
Tony
Formally Super Saiyan 2000. 6524 posts of alleged spam.
Join Up At Anime Inferno™ Forums Today!
SonGohan
Ranpha Franboise

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't trust Cheez TV! just hire out or buy the new episodes! Byt they should be on TV after Cell games because they did this last year they re showed frieza saga then played Trunks saga etc..

------------------
Bulma: I did too you little dwib! so you get your butt over here now we are going to namik!
Dr. Briefs: hmmmm...I better do somthing about that girls temper.

http://www.geocities.com/leo_liam25/onlineEvilindex.html?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Clever Son Gokuh
Melfina

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah Cheez Tv and their EXTRA CUT version of DBZ episodes.

Do what SonGohan said and rent out the new episodes from a video store. Especialy the DVDs, you have never seen DBZ completely until you see the UNCUT version. Besides by the time Cheez Tv gets all the rest of the 5th series the video stores would have the 5th season all out.

-CSG

Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Uncut dub has the dialouge cut though, so the original would be the best.

------------------
Tony
Kirben
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Last Cheez TV reported was new Dragon Ball Z episodes early February 2003, won't know more until late next week.
SSJ5_ShAzZ
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes i wondered about the same thing back in november and i worked it out back then ....

if they keep showing all the episodes through to the new ones then the new episodes will start on March 28

------------------
Willy: Ok Skinner, that's the last time you slap you willy around!
ssj_zorella
Rei Ayanami

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well Cheez has always but the new eps on at feburary, don't see if it should be any different.

------------------
--------
darkstar
Madwoman Bah, no one goes there...
BBA - Me a staff member ^^
Weis
Meryl Strife

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ssj_zorella:
Well Cheez has always but the new eps on at feburary, don't see if it should be any different.

Well they could stretch it out by showing all of series 4 again, which would prolong the series then continue straight onto series 5. I dont think that would have it at early Febuary though, probebly a bit later.

------------------
I HATE triangular chocolates...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
SSJ5_ShAzZ
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dudes i told u....

March not February!

------------------
Willy: Ok Skinner, that's the last time you slap you willy around!
ssj_zorella
Rei Ayanami

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, but I still don't trust them to keep running the eps in order. Remember last time? (or was it the time before?) where they just put on the new eps in the middle of the repeats they were showing.

I'm betting late Feb.

------------------
--------
darkstar
Degenerate
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really don't see Cheez starting series 5 without re-airing series 4. It would be very stupid.
Kirben
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
Yeah, but I still don't trust them to keep running the eps in order. Remember last time? (or was it the time before?) where they just put on the new eps in the middle of the repeats they were showing.

Actually Cheez TV have not stopped Dragon Ball Z repeats in the middle of a season before. Maybe you are thinking of Cartoon Network ?
Gohan SSJ2 Masenko
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
my personal opinion is, Cheeze TV suck. they re-air all the eps, coz they say new people wanna see it. That Saucks to me, if you didn't like it from day 1 then Bugga off. i have sent them hate-mail after hate-mail saying. "PUT BABIDI,MAJIN BUU AND FUSION ON" and they say sorry new people waNNA WATCH IT. so they should, but i haven't been getting up till 12 noon anyway so. pish

Peace out

Word up bro

------------------
Hercule:Don't mind the back curly things, it's for flavor.
Fat Buu:(eats food) ummm Buu ike your food.
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gohan SSJ2 Masenko:
my personal opinion is, Cheeze TV suck. they re-air all the eps, coz they say new people wanna see it. That Saucks to me, if you didn't like it from day 1 then Bugga off. i have sent them hate-mail after hate-mail saying. "PUT BABIDI,MAJIN BUU AND FUSION ON" and they say sorry new people waNNA WATCH IT. so they should, but i haven't been getting up till 12 noon anyway so. pish

Peace out

Word up bro

Of course they'll show series 4!! It would just be silly to air the episodes out of order if the entire point of starting at the beginning again was to get new viewers. The new viewers will want to watch every episode if they like it that much.

Also, perhaps some people do actually like the earlier episodes rather than the later ones. I know that at the moment I'm really enjoying the Cell Games because they aren't on DVD as yet (and they are my favourite episodes).

And, some things can grow on people. I know there are some things that I absolutely hated but now I like. Just because someone didnt watch DBZ from day 1 then that doesn't mean they shouldn't watch it at all.

You have to remember that DBZ has got popular as the series progressed, so naturally newer viewers want to watch the older episodes so they can catch up on the story.

Thats my rant for the day......

------------------
SSJ Vegeta to Stage 2 Cell : "You are Nothing!"
Wing
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
They should just stop what they are airing now and go straight into series 5 (episode 223). We should have seen series 5 last year, it sucks that we are this far behind. Series 5 started airing in September in the US!

Cartoon Network is currently airing late season 4 and will soon be starting season 5. At this rate, they will air season 5 before Cheez TV. This just isnt right. Cheez TV always airs first!

Cheez TV also needs to consider putting some decent new shows on instead of the crap they have now, like jackie chan. They should try airing Yu Yu Hakusho or something.
~Raven~
BT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Majin Cell:
Of course they'll show series 4!! It would just be silly to air the episodes out of order if the entire point of starting at the beginning again was to get new viewers. The new viewers will want to watch every episode if they like it that much.

From what I have heard they never showed all of Pokemon. It wasn't a good show... But they showed most of it. And how many times did they re-run it?

------------------
Formerly known as ssj4_Vegeta - Post count + 3246

Pen Pen and Bubba's Mad Adventure - Soon to be updated, Havoc watch out!

The Animétrix has come to an end. What happens now is up to... ME!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SonGohan
Ranpha Franboise

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ~Raven~:
From what I have heard they never showed all of Pokemon. It wasn't a good show... But they showed most of it. And how many times did they re-run it?

*tsk tsk tsk*
they didn't re-run it they just showed the "classic" episodes Razz
Also Cheez TV played Cell games again because of popular demand for the episodes. Back when they begun Trunks saga for the third time they had the choice of playing one saga the full way through! there choices of the saga's that would fit in before they got the rights to show the new season was Sayain/Frieza/Androids and Cell the choice was made as Cell games and they are going to run it the full way through due to popular demand over the other sagas. You could of voted at www.ten.com.au

------------------
Bulma: I did too you little dwib! so you get your butt over here now we are going to namik!

Kirben
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:

Cheez TV have shown all Pokemon episodes up until the end of season 4. The only episode not shown was the missing 'Beauty on the Beach' episode which was released later and was only shown in USA I think. Pokemon has been repeated so many times I have lost count.

[This message has been edited by Kirben (edited 14 January 2003).]
Degenerate
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I could never understand how you were supposed to become a pokemon master if you always let go of the few pokemon you catch.
Z Warrior
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SonGohan:
Don't trust Cheez TV! just hire out or buy the new episodes! Byt they should be on TV after Cell games because they did this last year they re showed frieza saga then played Trunks saga etc..

Heck year,the DVD's and videos are already up to fusion saga,but Cheez TV are still on cell saga,takes them almost a yeah to get new eps but I'm finsished DBZ and I mean the dub.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SonGohan
Ranpha Franboise

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would not be surprised if Cheez TV gets a smaller DBZ audience then normel because most of us have seen up to Union of Rivals!

------------------

Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
I would not be surprised if Cheez TV gets a smaller DBZ audience then normel because most of us have seen up to Union of Rivals!

Only people who have purchased the DVD's, and I'm not sure 'most' cuts it there.

------------------
Tony
~Raven~
BT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Degenerate:
I could never understand how you were supposed to become a pokemon master if you always let go of the few pokemon you catch.

It is why Pikachu never evolved... It seemed that Ash released all of his Pokemon when they became strong enough to do some real damage. I think he first released Butterfree (Fully evolved, high level), Primeape (Fully evolved, strong for a Primeape), Lapras (It grew really powerful while he had it), Pidgeot (He had it since the begininng... Only when it became really powerful and fully evolved did he release it) and I heard he got rid of Squirtle too. Squirtle was cool >_<

I remember all of this as I am both blessed and cursed with a great memory for minor details. >_<'

------------------
Formerly known as ssj4_Vegeta - Post count + 3246

Pen Pen and Bubba's Mad Adventure - Soon to be updated, Havoc watch out!

The Animétrix has come to an end. What happens now is up to... ME!!!
Degenerate
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
It is why Pikachu never evolved... It seemed that Ash released all of his Pokemon when they became strong enough to do some real damage. I think he first released Butterfree (Fully evolved, high level), Primeape (Fully evolved, strong for a Primeape), Lapras (It grew really powerful while he had it), Pidgeot (He had it since the begininng... Only when it became really powerful and fully evolved did he release it) and I heard he got rid of Squirtle too. Squirtle was cool >_<

I remember all of this as I am both blessed and cursed with a great memory for minor details. >_<'

He also got rid of that fire dragon one shortly after it actually started listening and obeying him.

But this is getting off topic.
Kakarot
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I HATE POKEMON for anyone who was interested. For now lets get back to DBZ (which is a hundred times better than pokemon)
What I heard is that season 5 should air in Feb but if SSJ5_Shazz is right and they air season 4, than that leads into season 5 then it should start on March 28th.

I know I havn't been any help but I thought I might add to the discussion.

------------------
We all wear masks.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I might be like last year around the 1st of febuary which is like first day of school for the year.

So I place my bet on 3rd of Febuary which is a Monday.

But I could be wrong that it could be march or it could still be a week later from the 3rd of Febuary which is the 10th of Febuary so around then stay turned and watch every Cheeztv segment until you get sick of Cheez all together...by then you might have your wish.

Otherwise just rent/hire or even buy the episodes like I did.
So far I've seen everything up to 5.10...well almost 5.12 by know

[This message has been edited by SS3 Son Goku (edited 15 January 2003).]
ssj_zorella
Rei Ayanami

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I figured u'd change ur name ssj4, Raven now uh? 'Tis not bad.

Son, if Pokemon is a classic, then why don't they show Technoman? They said it was a classic and I never got to see the last episode, stupid vcr -_-

------------------
--------
darkstar
OldFatherTime
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
WT????..... Pok...Poke...Pokeastickinyoureye .... DBZ boards???? "where's my gun"
nazaikari
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The new series of DBZ the cell games.

[B/]
one of gods prodotypes.Too weird to live.Too
rare to die

nazaikari
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The new series of DBZ is after the cell games.

[B/]
one of gods prodotypes.Too weird to live.Too
rare to die

Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Skipping series 4? Sounds silly.

------------------
Tony
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
I figured u'd change ur name ssj4, Raven now uh? 'Tis not bad.

Son, if Pokemon is a classic, then why don't they show Technoman? They said it was a classic and I never got to see the last episode, stupid vcr -_-

Please never mention Pokemon here ever again. Also last time I e-mailed Cheez just before they started DBZ they told me they wont be showing Teknoman ever again and they picked up this great new show DBZ instead. Yeah DBZ is cool but dammit we want Teknoman.
SSJ_Vegeta
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cheez TV will begin airing Series 5 in Feb.

They will also begin
Digimon Series 4
Pokemon Series 5
Sailor Moon Series 2

Cheez TV always start their new shows in February.

------------------
"The Sleeper has awakend"
--Vegeta--
ssj_zorella
Rei Ayanami

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Personbot:
[B] Please never mention Pokemon here ever again.[B]

Hey, I didn't start it

------------------
--------
darkstar
SonGohan
Ranpha Franboise

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
Hey, I didn't start it

We all know that secretly Zorella is obsessed with Poke`mon! mainly because Pikachu is a rip off of Vegeta!
They are both small
They both love a different species (Bulma and Ash)
They both travel in balls (Pokeballs and Sayain space pods)
They are both popular for no apparent reason!
NOW let the pokemon talking stop!

------------------

Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
God that Pokemon series is going to go for ages. They're making this one the longest. *Scream*

Anyway, good to see DBZ starting again at the same time.

------------------
Tony
ssj_zorella
Rei Ayanami

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
We all know that secretly Zorella is obsessed with Poke`mon! mainly because Pikachu is a rip off of Vegeta!
They are both small
They both love a different species (Bulma and Ash)
They both travel in balls (Pokeballs and Sayain space pods)
They are both popular for no apparent reason!
NOW let the pokemon talking stop!

I. Will. Kill. You. Painfully. And. Slowly. Somehow. Even. Though. The. Internet.

------------------
--------
darkstar
Degenerate
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is a difference between Pikachu and Vegeta though.

Pikachu is actually victorious in most of his matches. (Pikachu also does this in his orginal, unevolved form where as Vegeta changes 'forms' a number of times and still gets a whooping)

say's his piece and quickly runs from the onslaught of Vegeta fans

ssj_zorella
Rei Ayanami

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe so, but Pikachu is an idiot, and we all know that idiots always win for some stupid reason.

------------------
--------
Darkstar ~ Go yesterday.
BBA - Go now.
~~~~~SonGohan is a Snot-Nosed little kid~~~~ 2 days and counting~~~

[This message has been edited by ssj_zorella (edited 16 January 2003).]
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Degenerate:
There is a difference between Pikachu and Vegeta though.

Pikachu is actually victorious in most of his matches. (Pikachu also does this in his orginal, unevolved form where as Vegeta changes 'forms' a number of times and still gets a whooping)

say's his piece and quickly runs from the onslaught of Vegeta fans

The really sad thing is that its true. But, Pikachu tends to get his ass kicked the first time he fights any real apponents too. Unfortunaly in Vegeta's case that normally means death or near death cause they don't have special Saiyan hospitals everywhere. Razz
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's not the average rodent though.

------------------
Tony
ssj_zorella
Rei Ayanami

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, he's 2 feet tall.

------------------
--------
Darkstar ~ Go yesterday.
BBA - Go now.
~~~~~SonGohan eats worms for breakfast~~~~ 2 days and counting~~~
Kirben
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just spoke to Cheez TV on phone and they currently plan to continue the Dragon Ball Z repeats into season 4 until the new episodes arrive. The new Dragon Ball Z episodes will be shown as soon as they arrive, so the Dragon Ball Z season 4 repeats could be interrupted at any point. I just hope they don't suddenly switch to new Dragon Ball Z episodes without warning, they what happened with some of Pokemon season 4.

My guess is Cheez TV might have to wait until all of Dragon Ball Z season 5 is released before they receive it. Since the final 15 or so Dragon Ball Z episodes still have not been shown in the USA yet.

[This message has been edited by Kirben (edited 16 January 2003).]
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thats sounds like it could be the case. As mentioned earlier in this thread, series 5 will start on 28th March and the last of the series 5 DVDs will be released mid-March.
Basao
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm in fanboy central without a gun
Oh and by the way, I beleive someone was saying "if you didn't like it from day 1, then "bugga" off"? you fail to see they aren't out to please your personal interests, they are only out to make money. Plus when did you get into it? really, when? I know people in japan that have read the manga/seen the anime probably a LOT earlier than you, and they more than likely wouldn't insist you "bugga off" if you havent seen the ACTUAL first episode...

I think i prefered DBZ BEFORE the mass of ensuing fanboys came along and just wrecked it. Now people have a clear idea of what I'm talking about and it sucks! I don't mind the dub, its good for what it is (dubbed as a cartoon, not anime, hence why there is "dialouge cuts"), but really, I don't like it when stuff goes ULTRA MEGA OVER THE TOP GOOGLE 100% PLATINUM BENTLY thingy...

------------------
Basao means nothing

[This message has been edited by Basao (edited 18 January 2003).]
SonGohan
Ranpha Franboise

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have seen the manga and Japeniese versions before most Australians and I don't say buggar off. I think it is great that Dragonball is so popular. If it gets really poopular Akira Toryama may ignore GT and right his own manga for after Z! You also said that you liked DB before the mass of fans. So you are saying that you are the only one aloud to like DB or other wise it sux?

Also well done for making one post without swearing. And one Mod or Vet gives me a load for mouthing off a n00b then bite me!
..........................................................................................
*runs and hides behind Zorella*
she said it not me!

------------------

B-Zero
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
They should air YuYuHakusho or any new anime, that hasnt been shown on Cheez, and they need to give plenty of warnign when they show the new eps, so you dont faget.
:. . .l0st
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cartoon Network wont and can't realease seris 5 until Cheeze does this is because cheeze owns the right's to it and is why (apart from great demand and rightly so) it is airing the original DB ep'si cant remebere where i read it but i am sure as eggs that CN can't release it till Cheeze do
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: