Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

What where been missing in the edit Tv version

What where been missing in the edit Tv version
Author
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: What where been missing in the edit Tv version Reply with quote
I notice quiet a few things missing in the anime that have been cut out completely...either because too violent for Tv or just wasn't put in the first place.

After reading some of the manga I notice scenes missing.

1. How Luffy got he's scar under he's eye is not seen in the Tv anime.

Answer: Luffy cut himself with a knife to make himself look like a pirate....very funny scene in the manga but not shown on Tv.

2. Luffy vs Arlong fight was a bit short since it doesn't explain why Arlong's eyes changed to shark eyes when got mad.

Answer: The Tv version just shows he's eyes a different but doesn't give a reason that he's eyes have changed when mad.

3. Luffy breaking Arlongs nose is also cut out of the Tv version.
Answer: maybe too violent

4. Why Luffy trashed the room Nami created maps for Arlong was also cut short.

Answer: Nami was glade to see Luffy destroy the room she was made as a slave to create maps for Arlong was not really shown since the scene shows Nami crying with relief as Luffy destroyed the room so Nami wouldn't have to create maps for Arlong again.

5. Zoro (Zolo) cutting himself to give the enemy a handicap in the buggy the clown arc was replaced by letting himself get cut by the enemy.
Answer: I suppose cutting yourself can't be shown otherwise might encourage kids to cut them selfs to look cool.

6. Luffy getting revenge on the monster that took off Shanks's arm when he's older.

Answer: Luffy is now older and makes a vow to get revenge on the monster fish that took off shanks's arm...so Luffy on a boat goes out to sea finds the monster and does a Gum Gum Rocket punch to the monster fish.
This scene was also a test to see how Luffy got stronger and learn't to use he's new rubber strength.

Well blood is also cut from the TV version but that's no surprise.

Well if there more then keep them posting since I thought it might be an interesting topic since we do miss quite a few scenes.
ff7_freak
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Zolos, huge wound from mihawk
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The entire Little Garden arc, apparently
Raven Xavier
Usagi Tsukino

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
GIR(LET'S MAKE BISCUITS!) wrote:

O yeah that was one of my favourites too. I love those giants. Crying or Very sad
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Raven Xavier wrote:

O yeah that was one of my favourites too. I love those giants. Crying or Very sad

I havent even seen it, so im extremely angry about that! one day i will buy the japanese version, if i can find it
Raven Xavier
Usagi Tsukino

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Raven Xavier wrote:

I havent even seen it, so im extremely angry about that! one day i will buy the japanese version, if i can find it

Well there is allways ways of buying it in your local area by certain means not to be discussed here.
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Raven Xavier wrote:
Raven Xavier wrote:

Well there is allways ways of buying it in your local area by certain means not to be discussed here.

oh dear...
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Apparantly there was no scene where Zolo fights Arlong and you can see Zolo's wound from Mihawk bleeding after the fight with 6 armed fish guy knocked him in the chest and reopened he's wounds.

Usually Zolo should now have a slash scar across he's chest from Mihawk for the rest of the entire series now.

But I wonder if the scar will be visible in the Tv edited version.
Will the scar be shown or hidden from now on I wonder.

Any cuts or bleeding wounds are hidden and edited out.

Even when Nami stabbed her hand to make out she stabbed Usopp was carefully hidden and was not shown as her back was shown instead.
SO practically you didn't even know she stabbed herself until you saw the bandages around her hand afterwards.

But I was wondering why they left out the scene where Luffy got revenge on the monster fish that took off Shanks arm.
All Luffy did was punch the Fish which is the same type of scene when Luffy punched the Moo Monster fish in the Arlong arc.

But things are getting more interesting now to watch since I don't know much beyond the Arlong arc which is where the English Manga is up to.

SO you have to let me know WHAT where been missing.

Well enjoy the show even if it is a silly english dub.
Chibi
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check out opguide.bravehost.com
It's got all the changes up to ep. 58
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What about the change they made in the Buggy/Nami arc?
Where Zoro is about to fight buggy(on the roof of the tavern, to save luffy and nami), he cuts him into little bits, then Buggy pulls himself together and stabs him through his side. In the edited version it was changed to be stabbed in the back, but it looked more like a punch, There was also no blood.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's a heap of changes but you just don't know it until you either read the manga or see the uncut episodes.

I haven't been to that site yet of the changes up to ep 58 but I will check it out.

So far they have now shown Zoro scar now on he's chest when training in the snow...which I didn't know if it was a show or no show since before they covered it up in Arlong arc when he was hit in he's wound.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's been awhile since I got back to this but

Chef Zeff when stranded on an island with sanji actually ate he own leg so he wouldn't starve to death.

In the anime Zeff lost he's leg when trying to rescue sanji and got he's leg stuck in debre from a sunken ship so he cut he's own leg off.

Most of the changes with the anime is in comparison with the manga.

Manga is just TOO VIOLENT so they CHANGE HEAP of things thinking that it will offend westerners.

Sanji is actually smoking a cigarette NOT a lollypop...anti smoking laws I guess.

Eg One small character in one piece has black skin...thinking it's a gollywog but changed to pink skin instead so it won't cause racial issues.
I actually found this out a wikipedia site on one piece.

There many things also added to the anime that's not in the manga for example.
Luffy and he's crew are being chased by Smoker (a.k.a Chaser) and Luffy stretches he's arms to spring himself plus he's crew members to catch up to their ship out in the middle of the sea.
This scene is in the anime but in the manga the ship is still docked.

So adding MORE humour to the original story to keep people laughing I guess.

I also suspect the Uncut DVD's will mention the characters real japanese names I suppose.

I actually realies you can only see one eye of Sanji's ...he's other eye is always covered with hair but when you do see both eyes it's LOVE HEARTS...funny huh.
Jax92
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
>___> On kiddy TV that blonde chef dude's cigarette gets replaced with a lollipop and it doesn't show how zolo's childhood friend dies, it just says she cannot fight anymore or something.
Kimiko
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Definitive One Piece edit list (Comparison between Japanese anime and 4Kids version):

Some edits have remained in Toei's Japanese animated version anyway, such as the explanation of Luffy's scar and Zeff's leg, and the violence is toned down a little. Fillers are also added and Loguetown had some extra scenes for the anime.

The problem with 4Kids version is that they aimed it at a very specific and young audience. Japan and America have very different standards as to what can be shown on TV, and One Piece is regarded as an all-ages title in Japan. So blood, tabacco and acohol use would always be edited on American TV, unless it was shown on Adult Swim or something... Regardless of anything, there will always be something cut in the 4Kids version because the time constraints are different (The Average One Piece episode in Japan, including opening and ending, is 24 minutes. In America the ad-breaks are longer, so the episode is around 21 minutes.)

It's the characterisation and plot edits that really pain me D:. EG:

- In Sanji's fight against Kuroobi during Arlong Park, the lines where Kuroobi calls down Sanji's chivalrous attitude as being nothing but cheap talk are taken out. Obversely, when Sanji is beating Kuroobi his lines "You said my chivalry was naive? That I couldn't protect anyone?" are taken out and replaced with attack names.

- Usopp's speech during his fight with Chu is completely erased. Originally he was going to run away and lie to the crew about his battle. But, thinking about how much the other crew members ricked their lives made him re-consider "If I don't fight with everything I've got, there's no way deserve to be on the same boat as them!" Usopp's dream is to be come a brave warrior of the sea, and it's a very important scene in his character development. "I went to sea to become a real pirate! I'm going to fight so I can become a brave warrior of the sea! Those lazy days and silly pirate games... are all over!". All of that is cut, plus some extra lines I haven't mentioned.

- The episode where Nami bids farewell to her hometown is also cut.
Miyazaki
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What about the change they made in the Buggy/Nami arc?
Where Zoro is about to fight buggy(on the roof of the tavern, to save luffy and nami), he cuts him into little bits, then Buggy pulls himself together and stabs him through his side. In the edited version it was changed to be stabbed in the back, but it looked more like a punch, There was also no blood.

I remember that scene. They also cut out the bit where Luffy gets Buggy right in the 'Jatz Crackers'.

I also heard they replaced Kaya's Gun with a sling shot but still left her holding it with both hands.
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
One edit that I found to be quite funny was the part with Kaya and the Hypnotist guy...

In the sub she grabs the ring and tells him that she will kill herself if he dosn't agree to let the vege pirates go, but in the edit she grabs it and the hypnotist tells her that they are too powerful and will turn on her <_<
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are some many this changed that it IS hard to keep track of.

Even some scenes in the manga are not in the anime or just cut short in the anime or not put in at all or changed completely.

In the Arlong arc when Luffy trashes the room that Nami was kept in to create maps for Arlong wasn't explained in the anime that Luffy destroyed the room to break Arlongs hold on Nami.

In the anime this scene is just fighting and not much talking about the Map room.

In the manga Nami sheds a few tears and is glad Luffy destroyed the map room which she was kept prisoner in, so she could create maps for Arlong.

I understand what "Kimiko" was saying that somethings AREN'T explained in the anime like they are in the manga.

The anime is very limited to explaining things like Sanji fight scene in the Arlong arc when fighting against Kuroobi that attack names are put in instead of Sanji talking about how he fights for his comrades.

So there are small issues that are left out of the anime and are replaced but the issues isn't that big to notice unless you read the manga or have watched the original uncut japanese anime.

But most of us haven't probably haven't seen the original japanese version anime yet to compare anyway on differences of what they say.

I'm still waiting for the next arc to be shown on toasted Tv so when we can see more on as the show goes on.
Sac
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just a correction about Luffy's scar:

The origin of his scar is never dealt with in the anime, even the japanese version. It wasn't cut out, it just wasn't animated at all and I do believe it's never dealy with or even mentioned. Luffy just has it.

In the manga, it happens right at the start(After the small intro with Gold Roger).
Shanks crew are using Luffy's village as a base. Luffy wants to join the crew, but they don't take him seriously (As you'd expect, as Luffy is only 10.)
So to prove that he's serious (And also to prove how tough he is) Luffy stabs himself in the eye, causing the pirates watching to freak out.
For your greatness will
silence them all
-Warrior Wisdom
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
MMCRUNCHIE
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
1. I'm Gonna Be Pirate King
2. Roronoa Zolo: Pirate Hunter
3. An Unlikely Pair: The Pirate and the Pirate Hunter
4. The Passing of the Hat
5. The Circus Comes to Town
6. The Beast Breaker
7. The Desperate Duel
8. Who Gets the Last Laugh?
9. The Teller of Tales
10. The Bluff and the Bluffer
11. The War at the Shore
This episode was spliced with the original episode 12 by 4K!ds
12. The Black Cat Pirates
13. Good Pirates versus Bad Pirates
14. The Purr-fect Plan
15. The Long Arm of the Claw
16. The Cat's Ninth Life
17. The Scrub in the Shrub
18. Zolo's Pledge
19. King of the Busboys
20. Respecting Sanji
21. Recipe for Disaster
22. The Red Footed Pirate
23. The Better Swordsman
24. Pearl Jam
25. Stranded!
26. Here We Go A Ghin
27. Blitz Kreig
28. The Crack of Don
29. New Crew
30. The Mermen
Usopp and Sanji are added to the crew in the intro
31. Plight of the Navigator
32. The Marked Marksman
33. It Takes a Thief
34. The Belle of the Brawl
Also known as A Stolen Life
35. You Dirty Rat!
36. War of the Species
37. Arms Against Arms
38. The Comeback Kid
The 14 Arlong episodes were spliced to be 9 by 4K!ds
39. Wanted!
40. Rougetown
The 2 Buggy episodes pre-ceding this were skipped by 4K!ds
41. Switched Blades
42. Sanji Sizzles
43. Buggy's Back
The 7 Lougetown/ Roguetown episodes were spliced into 4 by 4K!ds
44. Fantastic Voyage
The entire Apis arc (7 episodes) were skipped by 4K!ds, and then this episode spliced 3 together while skipping the Laboon episode
45. Baroque Works
46. Luffy vs. Zolo
47. Escape from Misty Peak
48. Saving Nami
4K!ds skipped the entire Little Garden arc (consisting of 10 episodes)
49. Rabid Rabbits
50. Avalanche!
51. The Big Climb
52. Tony Tony Chopper
53. Freaky
54. The Impossible Dream
55. Defending the Flag!
56. Let's Get Ready to Rumble
57. The Once and Future King
58. Doc Rock
At this point One Piece took a winter hiatus on 4K!ds TV after a mere 33 had been skipped or spliced
59. Heading For Disaster
Premieres move to CN's Toonami block
60. Face Off
Chopper is added to the crew on the intro
61. Boogie Powder
62. Chasing Luffy
63. Oh Brother!
64. All Dried Up
65. Humps, Bumps, and Chumps
66. The Sand Trap
67. Tough Bluff
68. Kids of the Kingdom
69. Scorpion
70. Secret Beneath the Sand
71. Odd Numbers
72. Zero
73. Chase to Rainbase
74. Caged!
75. Kingnapped
76. They Call Me Mr. Prince
77. The Great Escape
78. Zero Tolerance
79. Off The Hook
80. Rebel Rousers
81. Two Bad
82. Extra Innings
83. Blow Up!
84. Trading Faces
85. The Weather Forcer
86. Bad Girls
87. Zolo Vs. Mr. 1

Just thought you'd like to know all of this because of the bolded stuff and the really, really bad names. All information was taken off the ANN without permission.
Let's all go and - kill some short handers
So they type out their damn words
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You managed to get all the episode names....I'm impressed I bet it took you awhile to find them all.

But why mention all episode names when you could of just mention which episodes or arcs were missing or changed...you didn't have to mention all episodes but good enough.
MMCRUNCHIE
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good QUESTION. I felt like naming all of them because the Japanese names are 200% better. But, I wasn't gonna name them because of the fact there's 271 of them!
Let's all go and - kill some short handers
So they type out their damn words

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: