Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Help me get some rubber suit action on!

Help me get some rubber suit action on!
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Help me get some rubber suit action on! Reply with quote
Hi all I was wondering was G movies are must haves, or at least would like to know what ones to avoid, I swear there are so many damn Godzilla movies it get confusing Laughing
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think it really depends on your own personal taste. I really can't do without;
Godzilla (1954)
Godzilla Vs Mothra (1964)
Godzilla: Invasion of the Astro-Monster (1965)
Godzilla Vs Hedorah (1971)
Godzilla Vs Biollante (1989)
Godzilla Vs King Ghidorah (1991)
Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla (1993)
Godzilla X Mechagodzilla (2002)
Godzilla X Mothra X Mechagodzilla: Tokyo SOS (2003)

Fans really seem to like Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters (1968), which I think is an OK movie, Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Monsters All Out Attack (2001), which I think was highly disappointing considering it was from the same guy who directed the 1990 Gamera trilogy, and Godzilla Final Wars (2004), which I think is a poorly scripted incoherent mess.
Eva 77
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh man... I loved Godzilla Final Wars. It's not as traditional as most of the Godzilla movies (more CGI than rubber suits) but it still has kick arse action scenes and heaps of monsters.

Sure the storyline sucked, but don't they all? I mean, I watch a Godzilla movie to see Godzilla blow stuff up and smash everything in sight, not for the story. Cool
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eva 77 wrote:
Sure the storyline sucked, but don't they all? I mean, I watch a Godzilla movie to see Godzilla blow stuff up and smash everything in sight, not for the story. Cool

There's got to be something, anything to hold the story together, unlike the poor scripting of that film. I have to believe in the human characters as well. If their dialogue is crap and they can't act, then it's just unbelieveable. Stuff like the 1990's Gamera films and even Mothra work because there's logic to the script, a decent story and characters which you can believe in, even though esentially it's films about destructive giant moths and fire breathing turtles. If not it's just a couple of monsters fighting and smashing cities up, and that gets dull pretty fast. You can't sustain a 90 minute movie (let alone 2 hours worth) like that, which is why Final Wars failed for me.
Max
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: My recommendations (10 Gojira films you must see b4 you die) Reply with quote
Note: There are still a few Gojira films I haven't seen, so I can't speak for those.

1. Gojira (1954)
2. Godzilla vs Monster Zero (AKA: Invasion of the Astro-Monster)
3. Godzilla vs Seamonster (AKA: Ebirah, horror of the deep)
4. Destroy all Monsters
5. Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla
6. Godzilla 1985
7. Godzilla vs King Ghidorah
8. Godzilla vs Destoroyah
9. Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah
10. Godzilla: Final Wars

Like Greoboruri said, it really does depend on personal taste; a lot of fans hate Final Wars, but I thought it was great as mindless fun. These are just the ones that stand out the most to me.
matthewgodzillafan
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
wierd, Final Wars Is Great my 2nd best film lots of monsters being defeated by the King Of Monsters. Also its Good to see the GINO be killed by the real Godzilla also lots of other fans think this movie is great.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: