Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Initial D, the anime, the manga...and the big boo-boo.

Initial D, the anime, the manga...and the big boo-boo.
Author
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Initial D, the anime, the manga...and the big boo-boo. Reply with quote
Okay. I watched the anime before I read the manga. When I read the manga, I couldn't help but feel a bit pissed off. The anime totally butchered the manga! The anime is good, but compared to the manga, it is just so...lame. They never put half of what is in the manga. I can't believe they ended the anime with those lame-ass OVA episodes, which were totally stanky, BTW. I also saw the live action movie, and was deeply upset to find that KT Takahashi wasn't even mentioned, and the outfits of The Emperors..... Shocked They looked like they belonged in a Guns N Roses music video! Also, the part of Chapman To...wasn't he, like, playing the part of Iggy AND Cole? They mixed up Iggy and Cole, and came up with some half-assed version of a lame-O Cole. Sickening! Well, talk to me, peoples. I wanna know if there are going to be any more Initial D anime episodes.

Later
Sac
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is.

Inital D 3rd stage is a movie or an OVA, while 4th Stage is the next actual series and is (or was, I've no idea. I've avoiding reading about 4th stage for fear of spoilers) screening in japan.

There's also Extra Stage, but that's just the older battles re-animated better.

No word yet on anybody in the US aquiring the rights, so it'll be ages until we get 'em here in Australia.
For your greatness will
silence them all
-Warrior Wisdom
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
George
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Initial D, the anime, the manga...and the big boo-boo. Reply with quote
grenade_lobster wrote:
The anime is good, but compared to the manga, it is just so...lame. They never put half of what is in the manga.

Not the first time.
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol. Iggy and Cole. It's funny that in this case, it's the manga (at least, the English version) that is the butchered one.
Sauce
Sakura Kinomoto

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol. Watch proper Initial D, not that dubbed Tak and KT drift your dream to the limit fhgwghads rubbish, then you'll see what's been butchered.

Prepare yourselves for the subjugation!
DXPetti
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Initial D, the anime, the manga...and the big boo-boo. Reply with quote
Yer its not good when whole race's are edited out of the anime...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: