Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Godzilla vs. Hedorah

Godzilla vs. Hedorah
Author
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Godzilla vs. Hedorah Reply with quote
Is Godzilla vs. Hedorah still coming out in April?
Chris
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeap sure is. Cool

VIDEO: Uncropped anamorphic film-PAL transfer
AUDIO: Japanese 5.1, Japanese mono, Eng mono
EXTRAS: Theatrical Trailer, Making of (filmed on 8mm), Karaoke video
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Chris, does "Destroy All Monsters" have the original Japanese track plus subtitles (it doesn't give the specifics in your catalogue). Apparently ADV got screwed over by Toho on their release, so I'm hoping Eastern Eye's version isn't dubbed only with no chapter stops like the R1.
Chris
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, it has a Japanese 5.1 remix plus the original Japanese mono audio

...and an English mono track for other people reading this. Wink
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
All right! Please keep the Showa era Godzilla coming. On the "Millennium" series, and because I bought the Universe R3 discs for most of them and haven't see any of Eastern Eye's, will "Tokyo SOS" have a title card which looks like this? I think the R1 releases use the Toho International English dubbed prints, and infinite wisdom they just superimpose English titles over the Japanese. Is it possible for Eastern Eye not to do the same thing, because it's as ugly as hell (I suppose it's up to Toho as to what materials they give you).
Chris
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nah, it's Japanese masters all the way from here... so no English captioning in any of the prints.
Dr.Slump
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply. I'm really looking forward to it.
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally watched this the other night. Has to be the most bizarre Godzilla film of that era I have ever seen (I've seen all the Showa films bar Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla now). The scene inside the club where the doctor's hippe brother starts drinking and sees the other club patrons with fish masks on is just so weird.

My other favorite scenes are where Hedorah's gas somehow disolves people down to their bones. The monster kills every living thing in it's path, except cats! What is up with that?! Godzilla flying, the hippe convention at the base of Mount Fuji and the theme song were great. But what was up with the animated sequences? Bloody weird and surreal at some points, but it's one of the more enjoyable films of the era. Think this going to become one of favorite Godzila films.
RussellMcGee
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Hedorah: Is this the AIP Dub or the International Dub? Reply with quote
Is this the AIP Dub or the International Dub of "Godzilla vs. Hedorah"? I ask because I noticed that another poster had said that the theme song was great, which suggests to me that the eastern eye DVD may in fact be the AIP Dub and not the International dub as the International Dub does not have the "Save the Earth" song dubbed in English. Also could you verrify the Dub on "Destroy All Monsters"? The Region 1 ADV release of "Destroy All Monsters" utilizes the International dub, which loses something in translation and the AIP dub is much cleaner and gives the film a more serious tone. Thanks for your time, regards - Russ

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: