Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Bleach Manga Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Bleach Manga Discussion
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Bleach Manga Discussion Reply with quote
Meh, it's taken me ages, but I thought it was about time to start a Bleach manga thread. Feel free to discuss anything about it.

EDIT by Slykura - JUST AS A FYI THE BLEACH MANGA IS NOW AVAILABLE FROM MADMAN
Aydan_Wharton
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Bleach Discussion Reply with quote
i have had good things about bleach i would like to see the show but i would love to see madman get bleach manga in!
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Bleach Discussion Reply with quote
Aydan_Wharton wrote:
i have had good things about bleach i would like to see the show but i would love to see madman get bleach manga in!

They won't.
Aydan_Wharton
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Bleach Discussion Reply with quote
CruelGenesis wrote:
[..]

They won't.

heres hopeing Cool
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Bleach Discussion Reply with quote
Aydan_Wharton wrote:
[..]

heres hopeing Cool

Erm, I believe Viz has the rights to releasing the manga, actually.
Bluesilverdragon
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone read the latest Bleach chapter (271)?

Everyone's getting beaten up. Someone come rescue the rescuers! *cough* Vaizards *cough* Wishful thinking on my part.
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Bleach Discussion Reply with quote
Hagane_Gir wrote:
Erm, I believe Viz has the rights to releasing the manga, actually.

Correct.

ViZ distribute manga through Australia themselves. You are still able to pick it up at any bookstore though, so it really doesn't matter if Madman get it or not (though they won't unless ViZ and MM get together).
Uniforce
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Bleach Discussion Reply with quote
CruelGenesis wrote:
(though they won't unless ViZ and MM get together).

*shudder*
i don't want to think of something like that happening.... not unless ViZ cleans up their act a little from what i knew of them before. but anyways, wouldn't the deal with funimation make that kinda hard anyways?
People always seek those things, and before they know it, become lost.
Fullmetal Alchemist
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah its already out in Australia which is a good thing and it saves me from importing...

Bleach Manga in Australia

I might pick up Vol1 one of these days when I have a bit of cash to spend
Ordered/Awaiting Arrival:
Gunner_Oz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got the first 17 volumes of Bleach, the art on the covers is so awesome in its simplicity Smile
Fullmetal Alchemist
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I went today to a Angus & Robertson store and they had a few titles but none that I wanted. I ordered Death Note vol1 and I had to put a $10 deposit on it. The lady said it would take 6 weeks and my face was like Shocked

I was going to get Bleach but I thought I'll get it another time.
Gunner_Oz, where did you get your Bleach Manga?
Gunner_Oz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Books Kinokuniya, its where I get all my manga. They've got the all 18 volumes of Bleach avaliable.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MM has a couple of titles that Viz has. The only thing is that they do it thru Chuang Ye. If they don't have the manga license then MM can't get Bleach.

The titles that MM have thru CY that are released in the US by Viz are Absolute Boyfriend, Ouran High School Host Club and Midori Days. Those are the ones that I know.

Just hope that CY does have or are getting the license for Bleach, otherwise MM won't have a hope of getting it out here.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
Fullmetal Alchemist
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hawkwintermist where do you get your Manga from? You have a nice Manga Collection from what I have seen.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fullmetal Alchemist wrote:
Hawkwintermist where do you get your Manga from? You have a nice Manga Collection from what I have seen.

Most of it's thru Kinokuniya in Sydney's CBD and I also go to King's Comics which is only a couple of blocks away from Kino.

King's Comics however are dearer than Kino's, so unless it's a title I'm desperate for, I'll wait the few extra days and get at Kinokuniya. It also helps that I have Kino's 10% discount card which comes in very handy.
^_^

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
Fullmetal Alchemist
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I looked at their prices and they look real good. Its a shame the stores were I live tend to over charge.

$17.95 is the cheapest I have found for Bleach and Death Note Sad
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've paid around that price for Gacha Gacha- The Next Revolution, Suzuka and Enchanter since they're trade sized graphic novels. Del Rey graphic novels are also dearer than the norm. GG and Suzuka are DR graphic novels.

Kings Comics charges nearly $20 for any Del Rey graphic novel like Negima, Kage Tora etc. I never buy DR novels from them because of that.

So where abouts do you live FA?.

2 months before seeing the battle between Ichigo and Captain 6. Very Happy I really want to see what Zangetsu's new form is. Very Happy

Fullmetal Alchemist
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hawkwintermist wrote:
I've paid around that price for Gacha Gacha- The Next Revolution, Suzuka and Enchanter since they're trade sized graphic novels. Del Rey graphic novels are also dearer than the norm. GG and Suzuka are DR graphic novels.

Kings Comics charges nearly $20 for any Del Rey graphic novel like Negima, Kage Tora etc. I never buy DR novels from them because of that.

So where abouts do you live FA?.

2 months before seeing the battle between Ichigo and Captain 6. Very Happy I really want to see what Zangetsu's new form is. Very Happy

Yeah I really want to start reading some Manga. The two series I really want are Bleach and Death Note.

I live in Perth. They are both available in Borders and I rang up and asked for the prices and they both sell for $17.95 which is a shame but ah well theres not much I can do.

Another thing I thought of doing was ordering from the Angus & Robertson Website because the prices are decent around 13.95 per volume and delivery is 6.50 for only the first volume of the order.

It would be best to order like 5-7 volumes at one time and even then it would cost you less, well for me it would than buying from Borders for 17.95 per volume.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's a shame you can't order it thru an A & R shop and have it arive at the shop to maybe cut back the shipping costs. Bleach is up to vol 18 and Death Note to vol 11. There are plenty of titles out there that could take to your fancy and further spread your costs.

Of course it means unleashing another addiction. Wink

Vol 19 of Bleach is due June and vol 12 of Death Note in July.

Fullmetal Alchemist
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hawkwintermist wrote:
It's a shame you can't order it thru an A & R shop and have it arive at the shop to maybe cut back the shipping costs.

Yeh thats what I did. I had to put a $10 deposit on Death Note Vol1 and I asked the lady will it be the same as the website and I think she said yes but the thing is she said I had to wait approx 6 weeks!

I said yeah ok because when it arrives all I will pay is 3.95 or 4.95 hopefully because if they jack the price up to 17.95 or more I will be furious because I could have purchased it from Borders for that price and minus the approximate 6 week wait.

Quote:
Bleach is up to vol 18 and Death Note to vol 11. There are plenty of titles out there that could take to your fancy and further spread your costs.

Of course it means unleashing another addiction. Wink

Vol 19 of Bleach is due June and vol 12 of Death Note in July.

Thanks for the info. I know it will become addictive just like purchasing DVDs which has become addictive to me lately. I just want Bleach and DN for now and then I might get some OP later down the track. Smile
Takkun
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do most A & R stores stock manga? I've never seen any in the local stores (though it has been a while). Are they more expensive there?
Fullmetal Alchemist
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Takkun wrote:
Do most A & R stores stock manga? I've never seen any in the local stores (though it has been a while). Are they more expensive there?

Some will but most times you might have to order some in if your after a specific title. I had to order DN vol1 in and I had to put a $10 deposit on it. Sad

Generally they like to overcharge although their website has decent prices for Manga. Im hoping my DN vol1 will cost the same as the website because I dont have to pay for shipping costs according to the lady I spoke with. I still have to wait a couple weeks though Sad
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Takkun wrote:

Most don't actually stock any but they can order them in for you.
Takkun
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
im probably too lazy to get stuff ordered unless im desperate for it. but thanks anyway.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey a Manga Bleach discussion....they should NOW have a Official Bleach forum section now since the manga and anime is out now.

But Yeah like some of you I do collect Bleach from Kingscomics or Kinokuniya....but KinoKuniya takes TOO long to collect...they're a week behind of release dates AS USUAL.

Not like Kingscomics which are always in on time of release...well 95% of the time...unless it didn't ship there for it would be a week late.

So far I have volume 1-18 all currently up date.

I just got some Bleach Gashaphons (Er...I think that's what you call those random figures in boxes) Series 4
You can buy them a Kinokuniya in sydney...there in the japanese books section where all the japanese manga are.
But also you can buy them near Market city in Chinatown
I got 4 of the 5 characters.

The best one is the one that matches my avatar ..Ichigo in he's hollow form with the Half-Broken hollow mask and the evil hollow eyes.

But this is a Manga discussion which is good since in the anime discussion people talk too far ahead of the manga and spoil things too early for manga readers.

Even though Bleach is bimonthly manga it's good that where catching up to the japanese manga...well slightly since there up to volume 26 now but I think volumes 26 to 30 have already been made but just not in print yet.

Some Bleach Fan sites mention chapter names all the way to volume 29 which means there just not printed yet I guess.
Bluesilverdragon
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Japanese have up to Vol 27 named Goodbye Halcyon Days.

Love that title Very Happy

I agree that Bleach should have a subforum... but that obviously hasn't happened (yet?).
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Volume 19 it has my avatar pic

Love this scene.

But instead of saying I'm nobody the english version saids "I have no name."

I notice too that the english manga mentions that volume 19 japanese version has colour pages but the english manga you can tell which where the colour ones by the different shades of gray.

But I'm not too disappointed about it I can buy the japanese version it I wanted to...but just for about 20 pages of colour...probably not.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vol 19 was good since you finally see Ichigo fight Captain Kuchiki and they go all out. It left me with a sense of anticipation though since the whole conspiracy about what's actually going on in the Soul Society is finally revealed in vol 20.

The good thing about vol 19 was seeing Ichigo's Bankai. Very Happy

exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
is ViZ really all that bad? i mean if they keep getting licenses they must be doing something right
Uniforce
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
exe3 wrote:
is ViZ really all that bad? i mean if they keep getting licenses they must be doing something right

ViZ = Half-Hearted translations, cheesy dialogue, multiple releases of the same content with a different cover and release schedules that span into the next decade.

well, that was how they were a few years ago, i don't know if they've changed much, but i'm getting Bleach, and i'm impressed that they've done as much as they have to change how they were.
People always seek those things, and before they know it, become lost.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
With Bleach, it's being released in the japanese mags in a weekly fashion and it's usually 8 chapters per manga release.

Vol 20 has come out and is pretty good.

SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got volume 20 two weeks ago of the viz or shonen jump editions if you can call it.

But japanese books are about eight ahead which means where catching up fast.
Dark()Shinobi
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
AVCON was on saturday and sunday. ended up buying five more volumes of Bleach lol. i whish i'd bought more tho, the shin tokyo stall was selling em for $11 each hehe. so only $55 for 5 volumes XD
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'm glad that Ichigo and Grimmjaw finally get to fight and it's a pretty sweet fight, even though Grimmjaws release is pretty lame and looks to have been designed specifically so that there could be a high speed battle with Ichigo Razz sadly ch284 was kinda boring again, though the hollow info was interesting, i should probably stop following bleach and pick it up again next year so that i have 52 chapters to read in a row Very Happy thats the ONLY way to truly enjoy Bleach Smile
sarsaparilla
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OMG Nel!
Amazing turn of events. Though kinda like the Yoruichi thing.
Basically this arc is no different than SS.
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
sarsaparilla wrote:
Basically this arc is no different than SS.

i disagree, while I see the similarities it's quite different overall
sarsaparilla
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well:
-Ichigo breaks all rules and brings buddies to go save damsel in distress
-Beats a few enemies
-Has found himself cornered facing a strong enemy
-Needs a cool chick to save his ass at a critical moment

Now i'm just waiting for Nel to take him away to do some intense training for 3 days or so. Wink
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
sarsaparilla wrote:
Well:
-Ichigo breaks all rules and brings buddies to go save damsel in distress
-Beats a few enemies
-Has found himself cornered facing a strong enemy
-Needs a cool chick to save his ass at a critical moment

Now i'm just waiting for Nel to take him away to do some intense training for 3 days or so. Wink

like i said, there are lots of similarities and i as well have thought the same thing at one stage but quite a lot of different things have happened
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have people still been reading Bleach? How awesome is the end of chapter 314??!!!!! Can't wait until chapter 315 hahaha

"Don't give me any of that 'Star Trek' crap. It's too early in the morning." - Dave Lister
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Smeg wrote:
Have people still been reading Bleach? How awesome is the end of chapter 314??!!!!! Can't wait until chapter 315 hahaha

yea, that as awesome! though I hope the others get out though, I want Ichigo to go back to being the main character
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oops, I should've moved this to the Bleach forum already. Sorry 'bout that.

Don't forget, spoiler tags! [spoiler] [/spoiler]
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the most recent chapters are sooooo hardcore! Very Happy back to classic Bleach where story is #1 Very Happy
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I feel they are just dragging on to the past arc's so that they can think about what will happen next. Although I love how they have done the past arc's Very Happy

"Don't give me any of that 'Star Trek' crap. It's too early in the morning." - Dave Lister
ichigo ten thousand
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Bleach Discussion Reply with quote
They Have Got The Manga Now Cool Exclamation
chutup
Banned

Location: , have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of disassociated knowledge will

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I see the past arc as kind of like a bullet in the brain of a leprous dog.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
chutup wrote:
I see the past arc as kind of like a bullet in the brain of a leprous dog.

what do you mean? I think it's great, especially after the Hueco Mundo Arc (which only got good at the end)
~shinigami~
Shana

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exe3 wrote:
[..]

what do you mean? I think it's great, especially after the Hueco Mundo Arc (which only got good at the end)

I think he is just a really patient and subtle troll.
chutup
Banned

Location: , have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of disassociated knowledge will

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
~shinigami~ wrote:
[..]

I think he is just a really patient and subtle troll.

I've said this before elsewhere on the Madboards but it looks like I'll have to say it many more times before it gets through to you.

People with opinions different to yours =/= troll.

As for this particular topic:
I.M.O. (that stands for 'In My Opinion') Bleach began sliding downhill like a zombie in a go-kart right at the point where the phrase 'mass hypnosis' was first used. It fell first through the inoffensively dull Arrancar Arc, flipped over on a stone called Nell Tu, and crashed headlong into a wall marked "Kenpachi vs. Nnoitora". Then somehow it got around the wall only to fall into a deep pit which is the flashback arc. Capeesh?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I've heard Tsubasa is ending soon, Death Note ended ages ago, Bleach is pretty much the only other manga I follow. Has anyone heard if it plans to end soon?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
End Soon?....theres no ending in site yet.
Theres still enemy's such as Espada around and Aizen still around so still quite a bit to go.

Right the moment the manga in the japanese versions is about #38 but #39 is still having chapter releases.

SO Bleach is definetely going past the 40 mark.

As long as doesn't go beyond 50 or 60 I would be happy but there's no guarantee.

I'm also collecting Naruto and is already in the 40's and heading close to 50.

If you look at One Piece it's already past the 50's it's almost ridiculously long...but luckly I don't collect One Piece...even though it's good at times.

Manga that starts to go beyond 30 it starts get too big really and then you start to panick and wonder when this going to end, because your bookshelf its getting too crowded with books and you start to wonder where am I going to put all my manga.

I know how some people feel when a manga series just goes on and on and you just start to want a short series instead of a long one.

Right the moment I'm collecting another two long series:
Berserk 33 volumes (on-going but slow)
King of Hell into the 30's in the korean manwa but english version only 23 volumes so far.

Bleach I'm only up to 26 in the english versions but the japanese is up to 38.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: