Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

What would you rather, fatpacks or collector's boxes?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
What would you rather, fatpacks or collector's boxes?
Author
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedfreek19 wrote:
Some are willing to pay a bit extra for something to look a bit better (than a fatpack would) on their shelf

Packaging is just as important when buying it as it will be on display somewhere

Agree with you there. Besides some of my boxes are sheer awesomeness. Of course most of those are R1 boxes, like my My-Hime, .hack//SIGN, Trinity Blood, Escaflowne and movie boxes, GSEED/Destiny, Flag and Rahxephon movie box that also holds the tv series.

A good looking box also gives greater exposure on the shelves and that also goes for when you go looking to buy a new series. Of there are course ugly boxes like the Gad Guard and Eureka Seven that MM did are a turn off, but still.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
redacidman
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I like both ways, though lately i lean more towards Fatpacks as they save space in the long run...

when you take into account of long running series of the like of dbz, yuyu hakusho, bleach, rurouni kenshin and others, fatpacks are a better option as in the space of 1-2 dvd cases you can hold 6-12 disc's,

yes the art work on the boxsets might look good but when space is an issue they wear out their welcome very quickly..
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Spacke is an absolutely HUGE factor for me and it is getting more so with everty new title I buy. I recently built a rather huge DVD shelf that takes up one entire wall in my hallway, and it comes no where near holding all my DVDs.

Going back to the GTO box, That is just one show in one box that, when compared to pretty much every TV show I own, is a massive "waste" of valuable space. That one box of TEN DVDs takes up (more than) the the same amount of space further down that is holding SIXTY DVDs.

This, coupled with the (comparatively) high prices, is what is making my DVD money go to MadMan's competitors. The more Fatpacks, and with them more reasonable prices, that MadMan release, the better the chances of them getting my money.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Timesplitter 01
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ever thought of buying less dvd's??????

Or selling some of the older ones that you dont watch that often????
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Or you get just get fatpacks which would allow you to purchase the same amount of DVDs without taking up too much space?
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Timesplitter 01 wrote:
Ever thought of buying less dvd's??????

Or selling some of the older ones that you don't watch that often????

ABSOLUTELY NOT!
I may need to have a shower and scrub my brain with a wire brush just to clean out that evil, foul suggestion. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Phoenix85
Ryuk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol

Sephiroth_FF wrote:
[..]
You must not shop around much. But the funny thing is, Shin Tokyo have all of the ones I mentioned. I thought you go in there?

I have seen the GTO fatpack already. The ones I've yet to see out of the list are .HACK//SIGN, BOOGIEPOP PHANTOM and REALBOUT HIGH SCHOOL. The latter may still be around for a while still since it doesn't seem very popular.

I don't shop around much, it's true, but mainly because I have bugger-all money to spend to begin with. And I DO go into Shin Tokyo! Damn, where have they been hiding these things??!! THE HUNT IS ON!!!
Sephiroth_FF
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Phoenix85 wrote:
Damn, where have they been hiding these things??!! THE HUNT IS ON!!!

They're right in the huge anime cabinet next to the counter. Laughing
^Kat^cassidy^
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How about for long running series such as Dragon Ball / Z and Inu Yasha, etc, how about a collector's box filled with fatpacks of the complete collections?
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If they did something to DBZ like they did the transformers G1 collection, i'd buy that up in an instant Very Happy
Mr popo
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
^Kat^cassidy^ wrote:
How about for long running series such as Dragon Ball / Z and Inu Yasha, etc, how about a collector's box filled with fatpacks of the complete collections?

But that would cost a fortune.
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I actually don't mind the Pokemon Wallets. They are fairly unique, easy to transport, look nice, and are very space saving. I am a little worried there might be some pressure added to the disks close to the spine, but I am sure that was taken into account when making them.

Does anyone actually have them?

I actually quite like the idea of the larger series such as DBZ, INU etc being sold in FatPacks, and then either the first fatpack, or final fatpack ciming with a Box that will hold all the fatpacks. They do that now with "V1+Box" so It should be not that dificult to tweak that to "FatPack 1+Box", so to speak. I am not sure selling the whole series in fatpacks + Box would be terribly sucessful, but I guess that would bepent on the logistics crunchers in the MadMan Offices.

That TFg1 Tin is the SHoneT! Very Happy I love that thing.
Mr popo
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I take pride in my massive DVD collection, I thought most of you madboarders would as well. The art box looks better so get it, who cares about space.

If space is such an issue and you are paying all this money for DVDs, then why not simply buy a bigger shelf. That is what I did and my bedroom hasn't looked better.
Phoenix85
Ryuk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I care about space, and so do a lot of other people, especially those who don't have any wall-space left for any new shelves, or those who cannot afford decent shelving.

I'm sure there's other reasons, but I couldn't be buggered to list them here.
Mr popo
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you can afford to buy all these collector boxes then you could easily afford decent shelving. Shelving costs as much as two or three collector boxes.
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
.. and another "let them eat cake" moment on the internet.

*Hands Phoenix a drink* just ignore them mate, its pointless. Here's to "simply" building an extension to our residents, cos that can only cost the same as a few hundred Box Sets, right?
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HeDanny wrote:
I actually don't mind the Pokemon Wallets. They are fairly unique, easy to transport, look nice, and are very space saving. I am a little worried there might be some pressure added to the disks close to the spine, but I am sure that was taken into account when making them.

I recently purchased the first one. Yeah, it's pretty cool. A bit more could have gone into the actually wallet design (for instance, having pictures of something on it) but it doesn't really bother me. It's even got 14 spaces to fit other discs in so I could make back-ups if I really wanted to.

Also, I haven't noticed any pressure issues (though I haven't exactly looked) but I'd assume it'd be at a safe level.

On a side note, maybe another possible idea could be that you purchase v1 in a fatpack and then via a subscription (either with MM or the store you purchased it at or something) you receive each disc to place inside pack. It's probably not a very good idea logistically though.
Mason
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Collector's boxes. Makes it look more collectable.
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr popo wrote:
If you can afford to buy all these collector boxes then you could easily afford decent shelving. Shelving costs as much as two or three collector boxes.

It's going to get to a point where you physically have no space left in your place of dwelling, well at least to a point where you can no longer properly display the said dvds without just putting them away in a box or something in your attic/shed.
sure a decent 6ft bookshelf is about $1-200 or spend a couple hundred on building custom built shelving but soon you are going to run out of space, depending if you live in an apartment/unit or in a rented house and you cant exactly renovate said place which in itself is quite expensive even if you did own your said place of dwelling

I'm nearing 400 myself (though a few of those are fatpacks/thinpack collections but vast majority is standard dvds) and i have (for now) still a few good options to consider but eventually its going to get to a point where space will become a premium (if i had my own way, i'd just have stuff built into the wall itself., whole walls lined with shelving that just open up from the wall like magic to reveal a section of dvds)
redacidman
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I feel you pain Speedy, I dread having to buy shelving, though I think i will have no choice in the month's to come if i keep buying anime, I just increased my r4 collection by another 20+ disc's...

all up i'd have over 1,500 mark in dvd's...

when you buy tv series in both anime and live action it doesn't take long to build up a big dvd collection..

I'd like to see all book style releases given an overhaul into fatpacks...

i detest who ever thought up that original concept...
Mr popo
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HeDanny wrote:
.. and another "let them eat cake" moment on the internet.

*Hands Phoenix a drink* just ignore them mate, its pointless. Here's to "simply" building an extension to our residents, cos that can only cost the same as a few hundred Box Sets, right?

I bought a massive shelf from Fantastic Furniture for about $400 and it hold about 1000 DVDs. You don't have to argue with me I am just trying to help.
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems a lot of you have rather significant DVD collections. How do you keep them all on display? I am really interested in your display solutions, mainly because, as I said, just one of my shelves holds and estimated 770 DVDs, it is almost full, and it takes up one whole wall in the Hall. That is one whole custom built wall dedicated to DVDs, and it is still not even close to enough. If I can't contain my DVDs to one room, I would love to know how other people with large (1000+) collections do it! I need moar pointers!

Another reason I like FatPacks, multipacks is they seem 'easier', more convenient to access. I really like being able to open the one case and having the dvd I am looking for there. It just feels less cumbersome and clumsy than individual DVDs in a box.

Does MadMan have any of those 6 in 1 Multipack sets? Those are definately the best getting around. Holding 6 DVDs in a standard case is just brilliant. Most of my non-anime sets are in these, and I just love them. In other types I always think the DVDs are going to come loose, but those 6in1 units seem to actually hold each other onto the middle clips, making them the only packs available that have more than just the middle clips to hold them in place.

I really wish the Catalogue had a FatPack quicksearch. would make spending my money so much easier! lol (on second thought... Smile )
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HeDanny wrote:
It seems a lot of you have rather significant DVD collections. How do you keep them all on display?

About 1/3 of mine is actually in a bookcase in my wardrobe so it really isnt on display as such, though if i could get something about the same height as it and the 3 shelves the same length as the bottom one and twice the depth, i really could store a fair amount of dvds then.

The shelving outside of my wardrobe is a 4 shelf unit which holds 2 rows of dvds per shelf and fits 27 standard sized dvds per row so in total around the space of 216 dvds as i have a few fatpack series. I've actually split mine in terms of organisation with top 2 being R1 and bottom 2 being R4 but seeing as ive been ordering more R1 imma have to go into R4 land =p, either thinking of getting another one of the same and putting it ontop of it but it wouldnt really be that safe unless i screwed it into it or something or buy a bigger one. Though what i really need to do is sort out my room and re-arrange it so i have more storage options.
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedfreek19 wrote:
...a 4 shelf unit which holds 2 rows of dvds per shelf...

Oh man, I hate having to store stuff doubled up like that. I know it obviously is not the case, but it just FEELS LIKE everything I want to watch is always in the back row, and you have to dig around to get to it. I also do not like the idea of half the DVDs hiding. Sad
Phoenix85
Ryuk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HeDanny wrote:
It seems a lot of you have rather significant DVD collections. How do you keep them all on display?

I don't. You know those 20-odd litre storage boxes you can get that're supposed to fit under your bed? I have those. At the moment two-and a half of them hold most of my dvds...if only because my cousin is currently borrowing about two-dozen of them... (large boxsets go on top of my desk shelves). Down here in town I have one shelf in my bookcase, books at the back, dvds at the front.

HeDanny wrote:
I really wish the Catalogue had a FatPack quicksearch. would make spending my money so much easier! lol (on second thought... Smile )

I went into Shin Tokyo today and saw some fatpacks: Orphen, GTO .Hack//Sign, Samurai Champloo, Heibane Renmei (spelling? I have NFI), Gundam Wing...and I'm sure there was another one, but it escapes me at the moment.

Or it might've been a dvd I saw in Ezy I'm thinking of. Went window shopping in my break today, and going shopping for real tomorrow. That Orphen pack shall be mine! Incidentally, I like the spine of the fatpack for orphen better than the boxset art.

EDIT:
I remember now, the other fatpacks I saw were Fruits Basket, Love Hina, a Tenchi title (forget which), I'm pretty sure the new Galaxy Angel collection is in the type of case HeDanny is talking about and both Kaleido Star series are fatpacks.
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Phoenix85 wrote:
a Tenchi title (forget which)

Its the original OVA series and Galaxy Angel A is in a standard sized DVD case with 3 dvds in it, Kaleido Star has always been fatpacks since madman released them too =D

HeDanny wrote:
[..]

Oh man, I hate having to store stuff doubled up like that. I know it obviously is not the case, but it just FEELS LIKE everything I want to watch is always in the back row, and you have to dig around to get to it. I also do not like the idea of half the DVDs hiding. Sad

Yeah i dont particularly like that either, more so when its single dvds infront and not boxsets but if i can store more, hey i'll take it, though ideally i'd rather have tall and skinny single row shelves so i can see everything at a glance
Timesplitter 01
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Phoenix85 wrote:
I went into Shin Tokyo today and saw some fatpacks: Orphen, GTO .Hack//Sign, Samurai Champloo, Heibane Renmei (spelling? I have NFI), Gundam Wing...and I'm sure there was another one, but it escapes me at the moment.

Or it might've been a dvd I saw in Ezy I'm thinking of. Went window shopping in my break today, and going shopping for real tomorrow. That Orphen pack shall be mine! Incidentally, I like the spine of the fatpack for orphen better than the boxset art.

EDIT:
I remember now, the other fatpacks I saw were Fruits Basket, Love Hina, a Tenchi title (forget which), I'm pretty sure the new Galaxy Angel collection is in the type of case HeDanny is talking about and both Kaleido Star series are fatpacks.

I havent seen the GTO fatpack???????? Is it legit?????

WTF, how is Samurai Champloo already fatpacked???????? Never mind found this

http://www.madman.co.nz/actions/catalogue.do?releaseId=6645&method=view&labelId=36&webChannelId=1

http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?releaseId=6645&method=view

[/img]
Phoenix85
Ryuk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Apparently the GTO fatpack has only just come out. They bloke I was yakking to in ST said they'd only just got it in for the first time recently, but also that it was moving fairly quickly. It looked legit to me, had all the MM logos/OFLC rating etc on it, and ST are usually pretty good about their DVDs being legit. (soundtracks are another story apparently...)

The Fatpack wave has begun!!
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So someone needs to start a Fatpack thread that we can keep updated, so those of us who are actually interested in ONLY the FatPack/Multipack etc titles can just click the link and see the titles. Of course that would entail an OP willing to update as titles are added, so.. too much responsibility or me. sorry, I suck like that. Embarassed

Or, you know.. madman could actually have a FatPack Category in the catalogue. Which yes I am, in fact going to mention every chance I can.
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HeDanny wrote:
So someone needs to start a Fatpack thread that we can keep updated, so those of us who are actually interested in ONLY the FatPack/Multipack etc titles can just click the link and see the titles.

This thread - http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=24024 though only sly can update it (or a mod? i guess) but its up to date though
FireAza
Kiichi Goto

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HeDanny wrote:
It seems a lot of you have rather significant DVD collections. How do you keep them all on display? I am really interested in your display solutions, mainly because, as I said, just one of my shelves holds and estimated 770 DVDs, it is almost full, and it takes up one whole wall in the Hall. That is one whole custom built wall dedicated to DVDs, and it is still not even close to enough. If I can't contain my DVDs to one room, I would love to know how other people with large (1000+) collections do it! I need moar pointers!

For single DVDs, I buy these DVD racks that Big W sell (though the local Big W has been out of stock for a while.. Grrr, I have DVDs that need shelving!). There's two great things about these shelves:
1) They're very space efficient, the bit of plastic the the DVDs sit on are barely a single mm thick, which means DVDs are crammed tightly together
2) They're expandable, simple snap another one on top of the other. This means you can make your shelves as tall as you want! Though I think the weight of all those DVDs starts to add up. Mine make a creaking noise whenever I add a new title...

For boxsets, I have a wooden shelf my granddad made. It's custom made for DVD boxsets, so there's only enough room for me to stick my fingers in and pull out a boxset. Though thanks to the JB 50% sale, it's now full, including the top of the shelf. I need a new solution. Despite that, I still much prefer collector's boxes Mr. Green
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
FireAza wrote:
[..]

For single DVDs, I buy these DVD racks that Big W sell (though the local Big W has been out of stock for a while.. Grrr, I have DVDs that need shelving!). There's two great things about these shelves:
1) They're very space efficient, the bit of plastic the the DVDs sit on are barely a single mm thick, which means DVDs are crammed tightly together
2) They're expandable, simple snap another one on top of the other. This means you can make your shelves as tall as you want! Though I think the weight of all those DVDs starts to add up. Mine make a creaking noise whenever I add a new title...

For boxsets, I have a wooden shelf my granddad made. It's custom made for DVD boxsets, so there's only enough room for me to stick my fingers in and pull out a boxset. Though thanks to the JB 50% sale, it's now full, including the top of the shelf. I need a new solution. Despite that, I still much prefer collector's boxes Mr. Green
By those racks do you mean those generic Plastic Frame types with shelves and parts to make up the levels?
If yes then I know kind of what you mean I used to have a blue one 4 levels high.
I expanded it, got a black a one and add 2-3 levels to it, the weight is adding just a little but it all holds together still, just got to be careful not to pull it extremely hard and fast.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
There will be about another 10 fatpacks upcoming in the next month or so. I will post a list soon.
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
10? far out, thats a fair amount right there.
Phoenix85
Ryuk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awesome, we're going to be spoilt for choice soon HeDanny!
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
There will be about another 10 fatpacks upcoming in the next month or so. I will post a list soon.

Can you at least tell me if Elfen Lied is going to be one of them? As I am thinking of purchasing this very soon, and whether it is fat packed or not may alter my decision as to when to but it. Thanks.
Chocobahn
Mint Blancmanche

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My shelf is already overflow with DVDs, Manga and whatnots. I have to store a lot of the stuff in boxes. I still have the MM's cardboard boxes from their 10th anniversary $10 sale from few years ago, and they are full as well.

Actually, looking around, I don't have that many fatpacks. I have some R1 thinpaks, though.

Go on, touch me. You know you want it.
Latest games sales figures, plus new, weird and cheap games.
Phoenix85
Ryuk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slightly off-topic here but...

Chocobahn wrote:
M I still have the MM's cardboard boxes from their 10th anniversary $10 sale from few years ago...

"A few years ago"?? what are you, time travelling?? It hasn't even been 12 months yet! Don't scare me like that!!
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
10th anniversary sale was end of 2006, so not quite a few yet but getting to a couple :p
Sleepless Beauty
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
^Kat^cassidy^ wrote:

Thats where things started to get complicated for me. I always thought i would want the collector's boxsets and so far this has proven to be true. I used to own a couple of R1 Thinpaks and ended up selling them because i was really unsatisfied with the quality and the fatpacks so far haven't really swayed me from my original opinion. However recently i've been wanting to start collecting Naruto and everytime i look at the collector's boxsets, i'm not looking at how nice the artwork is or thinking how ugly the fatpacks in general have been so far, what i have been thinking about is how long the series is and how its still going!

Then there's Bleach, and although i got them for $40 a pop instead of the normal 79.95, i'm starting to wish that i hadn't purchased almost the entire collection of Yu Yu Hakusho boxsets and that i had had a Fatpack option (as the cardboard is paper thin compared to what boxsets are now and quite flimsy). And its not about the money, because i will pay full price for boxsets like Gundam Seed, but so far i've been really lucky with sales (thanks EzyDVD and JB Wink ).

Huh, now that i think about it, i think the reason why i'm leaning towards the fatpack option isn't because of the visuals, the space problem or the money, but because it looks like i won't be waiting a million years for every single dvd of the series/season being released before i then have the option of buying the complete box. AND before anyone says it, NO i'm not interested in buying the single dvds or the R1 releases, not when i can have monthly fatpacks of Naruto AND support the local industry.

speedfreek19 wrote:
If they did something to DBZ like they did the transformers G1 collection, i'd buy that up in an instant Very Happy

Also i like what speedfreek19 said because it would hopefully mean not waiting an extended amount of time and still getting something that is aesthetically pleasing!
All the ghosts that broke my heart!
BroKeN
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would prefer the artboxes. Space is of no concern to me. I just like the look and feel of them.

How about making the boxes for the fatpack releases. Well, only a select few. Lets use Naruto as an example. I think it would be pretty cool to release a stand-alone artbox for like.. $20-$30. I personally would pay $30 for it and I'm quite sure a few others would. This way you get the best of both worlds.. Saving space AND an artbox.
Mr popo
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BroKeN wrote:
I would prefer the artboxes. Space is of no concern to me. I just like the look and feel of them.

How about making the boxes for the fatpack releases. Well, only a select few. Lets use Naruto as an example. I think it would be pretty cool to release a stand-alone artbox for like.. $20-$30. I personally would pay $30 for it and I'm quite sure a few others would. This way you get the best of both worlds.. Saving space AND an artbox.

It should be a limited edition item, then I would buy it.
^Kat^cassidy^
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My problem is we have DVD's and CD's and records and books and comics and.....
BroKeN
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr popo wrote:
It should be a limited edition item, then I would buy it.

Yeah even that.. I would buy it aswell. Only wish MM had the rights to do so.
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
We can only dream really.

That said there is always the option of making your own Very Happy
BroKeN
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedfreek19 wrote:
We can only dream really.

That said there is always the option of making your own Very Happy

Ehh, I guess so but I don't think it would have the same "effect".
10kindsofhappy
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fatpacks would be really nifty. As I collected the Inuyasha box sets, I swear they are taking up heaps of room in my cuboard Shocked Shocked.

So yes I am all for fatpacks. Besides, my anime is kept in the cuboard,

(I keep books and everything in cuboards becuase I want to protect them from UV rays, so they won't fade and turn that faded blue colour. I know its wierd Embarassed )

Besides I don't really have a chance to look at the artwork on the boxes anyway becuase they are sheilded from view.

Quote:

Yep, I have them and I agree they are great, You can store alot in those things ^-^

Follow me on Twitter ^-^
http://twitter.com/toxictwinkie
BroKeN
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
10kindsofhappy wrote:
Fatpacks would be really nifty. As I collected the Inuyasha box sets, I swear they are taking up heaps of room in my cuboard Shocked Shocked.

So yes I am all for fatpacks. Besides, my anime is kept in the cuboard,

(I keep books and everything in cuboards becuase I want to protect them from UV rays, so they won't fade and turn that faded blue colour. I know its wierd Embarassed )

Besides I don't really have a chance to look at the artwork on the boxes anyway becuase they are sheilded from view.

How about placing them where there isn't too much sun? It's not really weird at all. I always have my blinds up so yeah. Even thought I have a smallish collection, I've ran out of space.. Yet I will still buy the artboxes. My Dragonball Z boxes are taking up pretty much ALL of my room. Just missing 3 boxes.. Don't know where to put em though.....
10kindsofhappy
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I like them completly shileded away from the sun, because I get paranoid when I see my Dad's bookshelf and all the spines of the books are faded and slighlty sun damaged. Shocked Shocked and it got me thinking of storing away most of my things in cuboards, to protect them from UV rays.

Also whenever I went into a VideoEzy or Blockbuster they have some of there DVD titles near windows and they seem to become faded to the point where its that icky washed out blue colour Sad

Though you have a great point Very Happy "How about placing them where there isn't too much sun?" I'm just couldn't bear to even expose them to a little sunlight Embarassed Embarassed

I must be so paranoid...... Sad Sad or a bit extreme

Follow me on Twitter ^-^
http://twitter.com/toxictwinkie
fallenangelash
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
a little sunlight won't hurt.
i thought i was obsessed with my manga/books with little superficial bumps and folds, but my dvds and books are out on display Razz, unless your room is flooded with light all the time + in direct sunlight, then just move it.

Page 3 of 4

Jump to: