Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Where are the other Transformers series??

Where are the other Transformers series??
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Where are the other Transformers series?? Reply with quote
Now i understand that the other series are owned by either Sony or Paramount but would it be too much to hope that Madman will try and get their hands on them some day like they did with Beast Wars and the G1 Japanese series.

I would love to see a decent Madman series set release (You guys treated the others brilliantly) with original Japanese audio and subtitles of "The Unicron Trilogy" - Micron Legend (Armada), Superlink (Energon) and Galaxy Force (Cybertron).

Or even a release of some of the series that i don't think i have even seen this side of the ditch like Car Robots (Robots in Disguise), or Beast Wars II (This series was different from Beast Wars and Beast Machines as it was Japanese and animated rather than 3D) and Beast Wars Neo. And i still find it odd that Paramount managed to get their hands on the new Transformers Animated series when its a Cartoon Network production and don't Madman have the rights to Cartoon Network DVD releases over here? Confused

Anyway i think i have used up my quota of brackets for the week, so how many of you guys out there think some more Transformers series given the Madman special treatment would go down well! Very Happy
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If we don't get the Unicron Trilogy or the Beast Wars sequel series' we should be praising Madman for that move.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think it's an idea, but eh alternatively RID would seem kind of kiddyish in some ways but then again Armada was a similar format as RID as a series.
Even though to me RID went back to some of the roots.
Like namely, no Minicons or energon based weapons or other stuff later series had.
Just combiners, normal Autobots, 6 changers, heck even had Fortress Maximus in the series later on.
Kirben
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The complete series of Transformers Armada was already released on DVD by Warner Vision.

Paramount still have the rights for Transformers Animated, Cybertron and Energon, with no sign of sub-licensing series. You could import the DVD boxed sets of each series, that have been released in the USA.

Disney still have the rights (under Jetix) to Tranformers: RID, although maybe it could be sub-licensed. You could import the DVD sets, released in the UK, although the video quality isn't that good.

Personally I would rather see Madman releasing something other than Transformers in their Retro line. Unfortunately the Retro line seems to have died off, other than more Transformers releases.
Tenko
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It looks that way, i was more talking about getting the series unedited and without the god awful English voice acting. Original Japanese with subs like the previous G1 Japanese releases. No one, here or in the states has released them with Japanese language track with subs to my knowledge.

I tend to stay clear of DVD releases without their original content as that generally means that the studio who has done the English dub has made changes and fiddled around with the story, changed names etc which i am not to fond of personally.

Was just a suggestion considering the next Transformer movie is out soon and all Smile
Kirben
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tenko wrote:
It looks that way, i was more talking about getting the series unedited and without the god awful English voice acting. Original Japanese with subs like the previous G1 Japanese releases. No one, here or in the states has released them with Japanese language track with subs to my knowledge.

The later series of Transformers don't seem that well liked at all, so I doubt Japanese with English subtitles DVD releases would sell well enough, even if Madman could get the licenses.

Tenko wrote:
I tend to stay clear of DVD releases without their original content as that generally means that the studio who has done the English dub has made changes and fiddled around with the story, changed names etc which i am not to fond of personally.

Totally agree, after seeing uncut versions of several older series (Macross, Tekkaman Blade). I would like to see uncut Car Robots myself, but I don't realistically see that ever happening.
Tenko
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's a shame really, its a bit off topic but when company's take a well loved franchise or series and release it on DVD in an unloving kinda way it does kinda of make you remember that its all about the money.

I am so glad there are company's out there like Madman and Shout Factory! that are themselves fans and in turn look after the fans of said series, sure its still about the money at the end of the day, but they EARN it. Unlike some other company's that release single discs, bare bones, no original audio or video tracks from country of origin and just throw it out the door. Then wonder why no one buys it in droves and labels it a bad series.

Anyway, rant over and back on topic. I have seen most of Superlink and Galaxy Force, and for a stand alone kind of thing as long as you don't compare them to the original, i thought they were great. At least in the same vein as Headmasters etc. The sales of which can't have been too bad considering the G1 Japanese sets seem to be getting a re-release in a complete format around the end of June along with Beast Wars.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tenko wrote:
Anyway, rant over and back on topic. I have seen most of Superlink and Galaxy Force, and for a stand alone kind of thing as long as you don't compare them to the original,

Do you mean G1 or Armada as original? Because neither of them were very good at all.

RiD had a pretty good, over the top dub.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SG-B
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found RiD to be a fun series. Would love to see Madman release it on DVD.

Incidentally, I think I have the first 8 eps of Car Robots with English fansubs on them. Might look for them later this evening.
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The good things I loved about RID was it introduced some great new designs, the Autobot Brothers, Team Bullet Train, Ultra Magnus and Optimus Prime's new looks not to mention Omega Prime.
Tenko
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gouki wrote:
[..]

Do you mean G1 or Armada as original? Because neither of them were very good at all.

RiD had a pretty good, over the top dub.

I meant the original USA G1 as original, and it may not be "good" compared to today's standards but as far as 80's childhood memories and the fact that it started it all, it is kinda hard to beat in that department. Then again i much prefer many old t.v shows and video games to what passes as decent entertainment these days Laughing

I have not seen Car Robots before, i just found the first four episodes in Japanese with English subs tho so tomorrow after work i may watch them and see what they are like.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tenko wrote:
I meant the original USA G1 as original, and it may not be "good" compared to today's standards but as far as 80's childhood memories and the fact that it started it all, it is kinda hard to beat in that department. Then again i much prefer many old t.v shows and video games to what passes as decent entertainment these days Laughing

Really, it's not good compared to any standards. A couple of episodes (such as Call of the Primitives) have some pretty nice animation, a couple of episodes even have a decent story and sensible character moments, but to compare it to a huge number of cartoons today and say it's better because it's old is ridiculous.

Hell, I can prove this with numerous episodes but I really only need to cite B.O.T.Razz

Quote:
I have not seen Car Robots before, i just found the first four episodes in Japanese with English subs tho so tomorrow after work i may watch them and see what they are like.

I only remember watching a few episodes, but found the silly dub with lots of G1 references alot more enjoyable.

And Scourge/Black Convoy? An awesome, awesome, awesome toy.
Tenko
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh by no means was i trying to say the animation or even story (what little there was of one as a whole, it was basically an animated promotional segment for the toys) was better than today's standards. It was personal opinion on the matter of fond childhood memories and my general love of the time period's cartoons in general.

I would much rather sit down even today and watch an episode of Transformers G1 or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Chip & Dale : Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales etc etc the list goes on, than today's "popular" cartoons. But don't get me wrong on that, i enjoy a wide range of cartoons and anime, old and new. It's the stuff that brings back fond memories and used to hype me up as a child, the stuff where my heart lives that will always win over the new stuff every time tho.

Its personal opinion which means agree or disagree i still win and you still win, as we both have our personal thoughts on the matter that no matter how hard one was to try it would not change Wink

On a more topic related note i watched some Car Robots the other night, and i am still not quite sure if i like it or not yet. The art style is quite easy on the eye, but i don't think i like the idea of Convoy (Prime) being a Firetruck Confused I like the bumbling Destrongers (Destrons, Decepticons), it is really lighthearted in that way, i remember the G1 Decepticons were pretty useless at times...but not that useless Laughing
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gouki is right RID Scourge is AWESOME in a box, I have him also, can't go past a dark coloured evil clone of Prime, with a personality and ambition.

RID as a series only place can get the series really is the Jetix sets from UK which is what I did last time I went overseas and saw them in fact.
And Gouki is right all the G1 references make it more fun.
Also there is Fortress Maximus along with the toy being the same, just in new colours.
We also have the Combaticons in this one, but they're just called Decepticons to tell them apart from the Predacons.
Yes those 2 sides are in this series, but they all fight under Megatron's leadership
The Autobots are just the Autobots, but they always expand their numbers somehow or another.
chinoonihc
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
All i wish for is to have the Headmasters and Super God Masterforce re-dubbed by the proper english cast, not that horrid crap that makes my heart bleed black.
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is pretty much zero chance of that ever happening unfortunately due to the shows being over ages ago and all that.
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm confused, can someone tell me what this is?

http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?releaseId=11738&method=view&webChannelId=1

Thank you

Is it just the collection of the headmasters, Masterforce and Victory series?
SG-B
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Creedy wrote:
Is it just the collection of the headmasters, Masterforce and Victory series?

Looks like it.
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
For a moment I thought it was the original G1 series but in it's Japanese form.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Madman's collecting a bunch of Retro Collection titles together in June; MASK and Voltron (both series together) for example.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
Madman's collecting a bunch of Retro Collection titles together in June; MASK and Voltron (both series together) for example.

Random combination.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
By both series, I meant both Voltron series. Obviously not MASK+Voltron in one package.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
By both series, I meant both Voltron series. Obviously not MASK+Voltron in one package.

Maybe you should have used "or".
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The thing I think is Madman needs new retro titles.
I mean there hasn't been anything new in a while and there are titles which could still be used.
Like Visionaries, GI Joe and other ones.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: