Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The Rating of Haruhi Suzumiya

Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Rating of Haruhi Suzumiya
Author
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Phoenix85 wrote:
What happened to ET?

(never sat down and watched it through myself. Thought it was a terrible film)

They replaced the the police officers guns with radio's. That's all I know, there was more though.. Society is so crap at times.
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Phoenix85 wrote:
What happened to ET?

Basically, about... seven? years ago, the OFLC dramatically dropped the cutoff between PG and G; it's pretty much impossible to get a G these days if there's any sense of... malice, I guess [that's why Totoro and Kiki's are G but Laputa and SA and Howl's are PG; there's people actively trying to do harm to the protagonists in the latter titles. I agree with the OFLC's judgement here, I think they did the right thing, but it's causing some problems for me personally at the moment, so...]

Anyway. ET was originally classified under the old guidelines, and got a G. Shortly after finishing the film, Spielberg came to the conclusion that it was too... scary, that there was too much violence and threat and malice to properly carry his point, so when technology permitted he reedited the film digitally to replace some guns with walky-talkies. But... that makes it a different work, and the new version had to go through the OFLC to get a new certificate. And, well. Even with walky-talkies, ET's a pretty grim work, as kiddy films go.

So. The old version? That's a G, certificates don't expire or [usually] get cancelled. The new version, though... that's a PG.
Phoenix85
Ryuk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Huh. I never liked that kind of movie anyway. Got put off them for years after watching the War of the Worlds in year 3 (NOT the Tim Cruise version btw)
Haruhi Suzumiya
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In terms of the rating of TMOHS, I think an MA rating is pretty well deserved.
Because some eps do get very sexual to say the least.

I am not the least bit surprised about the rating to be perfectly honest,
I sort of expected it to be that. It has all the hallmarks of a (mature audience) anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haruhi Suzumiya wrote:
In terms of the rating of TMOHS, I think an MA rating is pretty well deserved.
Because some eps do get very sexual to say the least.
You are joking aren't you? Very sexual? I don't what you were watching. There's not one sex scene in the whole series. It's the same rating as the films in the "American Pie" series which is utterly absurd. There's not even any nudity in the show.
Haruhi Suzumiya
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:

You are joking aren't you? Very sexual? I don't what you were watching. There's not one sex scene in the whole series. It's the same rating as the films in the "American Pie" series which is utterly absurd. There's not even any nudity in the show.

Why does everyone always think of "sex scenes" when anybody says very sexual Confused

Of course there were no sex scenes silly, I mean "very sexual" as in, all the unnecessary groping of Mikaru. You can't say it wasn't, I'll know if you think otherwise. Laughing You will get the death penalty if you don't agree with me hahaha! Laughing *laughs at the thought of actually giving someone the death penalty* "Would I use lethal injection or maybe the guillotine perhaps?
I'd like that see to make a comeback, that would be most pleasing.
How bout the "iron maiden" that would be a definite open and shut case lol!
I would proably go the electric chair, "all those shudders and squirming would be most amusing" JK.

your a good kid, I wouldn't give you such a thing *pats head*
"yes you are! you are a good thing you!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ether you’re on crack, or you sure have the basics to become Tallis’s apprentice. Wink

Play Star Trek Online or Star Citizen? The Ausmonauts!
Sleepless Beauty
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shinji 3.141 wrote:
Ether you’re on crack, or you sure have the basics to become Tallis’s apprentice. Wink

I'm going with crack! Razz
All the ghosts that broke my heart!
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
me too Razz
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haruhi Suzumiya wrote:
A whole lot of bollocks
I know you're just being a troll or you're just insane, but I decided to have a look at the BBFC site to see what it got, and it's the same story as Azumanga. So obviously UK kids can take animated characters groping each other more than Australian kids. There was a time when UK censorship and ratings were more oppressive than Australian ratings and censorship. Every other episode in the series either got a "12" or a "PG".
Haruhi Suzumiya
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:

I decided to have a look at the BBFC site to see what it got, and it's the same story as Azumanga. So obviously UK kids can take animated characters groping each other more than Australian kids. There was a time when UK censorship and ratings were more oppressive than Australian ratings and censorship. Every other episode in the series either got a "12" or a "PG".

Yeah your totally right of course! Some countries rate things differently in terms of anime and the like, America tends to over exaggerate in terms of rating classifications for films and animation.

At least the U.K. is on the same wave length as Oz now yeah?
I knew we were friends with them for a reason! lol!

Shinji 3.141 wrote:

I am over qualified to be the great ones apprentice if anything! ^_^
I have been known to be on drugs. But whatever, its more fun when people assume something that your not. Its far more amusing hahaha!

Sleepless Beauty wrote:

I'm going with crack! Razz

Its good to see I have the support of the people.
Now we just need to convert that to "worship" and then where
onto something totally brilliant .

Imagine the possibilities * I'm totally infatuated with the idea!*
What fun that would be!
Sleepless Beauty
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haruhi Suzumiya wrote:
[..]

Its good to see I have the support of the people.
Now we just need to convert that to "worship" and then where
onto something totally brilliant .

Imagine the possibilities * I'm totally infatuated with the idea!*
What fun that would be!

You misunderstand me... That wasn't support. Your going to have to do more than bounce off a few walls before I sign off on ya! Razz
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haruhi Suzumiya wrote:
At least the U.K. is on the same wave length as Oz now yeah?
Uh, no... You do know how to read don't you? I'll take it very, very slowly; the UK censors rated both shows at the much lower and less restrictive rating of "12", where as the Australian censors gave both MA15+ ratings which have restrictions placed upon them. So obviously they aren't on the same wavelength.

I don't why I'm bothering to reply though, you're just going to write something inane anyway.
Haruhi Suzumiya
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:

Uh, no... You do know how to read don't you? I'll take it very, very slowly; the UK censors rated both shows at the much lower and less restrictive rating of "12", where as the Australian censors gave both MA15+ ratings which have restrictions placed upon them. So obviously they aren't on the same wavelength.

Ah now I get it. I am one again in prime ditz form, I never cease to amaze my own clueless self. Laughing

thank you for that. It all seems much clearer to me now. Wink

Greoboruri wrote:

I don't why I'm bothering to reply though, you're just going to write something inane anyway.

Not straight off the bat, what sort of demented, freaky weirdo would I be if I didn't first give you a chance to explain yourself. Laughing

You explain things so well, and at a pace which I can understand.
Its exactly what I like to see in a normal
You, my well spoken, normal friend are hereby presented with the trophy award of...

"Haruhi Suzumiya's Most Knowledge Normal!"

Take it with honor my noble comrade, because I only give out awards like these once per day. Consider yourself an official buddy of Edward.
Haruhi Suzumiya
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sleepless Beauty wrote:

You misunderstand me... That wasn't support. Your going to have to do more than bounce off a few walls before I sign off on ya! Razz

You know you want to worship me with all your heart and soul.
You'll get a an official Haruhi Suzumiya Worshiper T-Shirt to welcome you to my ever growing and always brilliant, exclusive club!
You know you want to! Its what you have always dreamed off ever since you were a little one.

How bout I add you in my upcoming fan fic, with your permission of course, what do you say! But everything you say and do belongs to me!

Are you in or are you out? Choose carefully, because you'll grow crazier than you can ever imagine. Even more so then me (not likely!) Rolling Eyes

Hahaha!

Or I can just beat you just abduct you in the middle of the night, when you are sleeping, and send you off to a "kooky interrogation camp" where everyone speaks in riddles that always end up being the same lame answer, and have eyes on their hands and mouths on their legs.

Also they will continuously poke you with a cattle prod made out of cheap imitation puddy! (CHEAP IMITATION PUDDY!) and tell you every few seconds that it is the real thing, until you just want to scream "ITS CHEAP IMITATION PUDDY, DAMN IT! But by then you will have lost all will to live and eventually commit suicide with a rubber palm tree, but it does not kill you, it only makes you more irritated and frustrated, finally you will just run to the nearest hot spring filled with jellybeans (all the same colour!)
and drown yourself in a sea of red confectionery.

Your choice! Laughing
Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haruhi Suzumiya wrote:
Or I can just beat you just abduct you in the middle of the night, when you are sleeping, and send you off to a "kooky interrogation camp" where everyone speaks in riddles that always end up being the same lame answer, and have eyes on their hands and mouths on their legs.

Also they will continuously poke you with a cattle prod made out of cheap imitation puddy! (CHEAP IMITATION PUDDY!) and tell you every few seconds that it is the real thing, until you just want to scream "ITS CHEAP IMITATION PUDDY, DAMN IT! But by then you will have lost all will to live and eventually commit suicide with a rubber palm tree, but it does not kill you, it only makes you more irritated and frustrated, finally you will just run to the nearest hot spring filled with jellybeans (all the same colour!)

Over my dead body!!

*Shinji 3.141 appears wearing full Samurai amour and his noble sword 'Zephiris'*

You’ll have to go through me first!! Evil or Very Mad

*Shinji 3.141 takes up a defensive position in front of Sleepless*

SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haruhi Suzumiya wrote:
the nearest hot spring filled with jellybeans (all the same colour!)

Wait, a hot spring filled with jelly beans all of the same colour? That colour being red?

... I demand to know the location of these red jelly beans!

This clearly makes me the very best, like no one ever was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Haruhi Suzumiya
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:

Wait, a hot spring filled with jelly beans all of the same colour? That colour being red?

... I demand to know the location of these red jelly beans!

I'll only tell you if you become my slave and serve me forever until your all body becomes red jelly beans, and only read jellybeans!

Then I will eat you slowly, one red jellybean at a time, until you are so filled with hatred for red jellybeans that you will want green jelly beans only!

But I will not give them to you, unless you kill Shinji 3. 141 for me...

"enemies against enemies!" "Is there no other greater sight in the heat of warfare, unless its a red jellybean of course!" which none of you will get ever! THEY ARE ALL MINE! MINE I TELL YOU!!!! *laughs insanely with a mouth full of green jellybeans*

If anyone wanted to know why I did only talk about red and green jellybeans, I will tell you my diabolical little secret. IT'S NEARLY CHRISTMAS TIME! plus green and red symbolize Christmas cheer obviously!

Shinji 3.141 wrote:

Over my dead body!!

*Shinji 3.141 appears wearing full Samurai amour and his noble sword 'Zephiris'*

You devious little urchin! I will have your head, then I will turn it into a orange jellybean along with your little friend Sleepless Beauty
hahaha! Can anybody stop my reign of jellybean supremacy!?

"Not a chance" I am the jellybean king! king of the jellybeans, jellybeans are the king, kings are jellybeans! and so on and so forth.... Laughing

I have just thought of something interesting....

Q. Why do you think they rated the first two volumes of TMOHS MA 15+ and the last two only PG?

anyone that gives me a good answer will be given a massive 10% of my jellybean kingdom! JELLYBEANS! RED ONES!
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:
[..]

<asuka>Kimochi warui</asuka>
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haruhi Suzumiya wrote:

Q. Why do you think they rated the first two volumes of TMOHS MA 15+ and the last two only PG?

anyone that gives me a good answer will be given a massive 10% of my jellybean kingdom! JELLYBEANS! RED ONES!

Probably due to the groping and such that Mikuru receives.
Sleepless Beauty
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shinji 3.141 wrote:

Over my dead body!!

I don't think so... *Sleepless kneels as she reaches into her Kimono and reveals a wakizashi. Lunging forward, she unsheaths her weapon while declaring, 'THE CRACK MONKEY IS MINE!'*

Come Haruhi, I promise you a quick and clean death!
Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
*Shinji still in battel pose starts hearing saccades chirping behind him*

(Shinji, to himself) Well really I guess I expected that… Confused

This amour is broiling…

*Shinji takes of some of the amour and sits upon a bolder, where he watches anxiously as Sleepless and Haruhi engage in a heated battle*

Shinji to himself: Sleepless is very skilled but Haruhi has the powers of the weird side… I don’t know if I can bear to watch much longer, but I fear to look away… what if… Crying or Very sad No, why am I thinking like that, why am I worrying; Sleepy will win there’s no doubt about it… Sad

speedfreek19 wrote:

That’d be my answer to.

Haruhi Suzumiya
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedfreek19 wrote:

That was my first though as well, Its the most logical answer you can practically think of to why that is. ^_^

still you are not worthy enough to even look at my jellybean kingdom, let alone own 10% of it!

"I bid you good day sir!"
Haruhi Suzumiya
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sleepless Beauty wrote:

I don't think so... *Sleepless kneels as she reaches into her Kimono and reveals a wakizashi. Lunging forward, she unsheaths her weapon while declaring, 'THE CRACK MONKEY IS MINE!'*

Come Haruhi, I promise you a quick and clean death!

"Come and get it if you dare!" "You will feel the pain of a hundred thousand deaths upon you"

"If you choose to continue with your meaningless endeavor of stupidity"

"I can promise you that!"

*summons 5 clones of himself, each armed with a paper bomb*

"Ha you don't stand a chance loser!"

"I have the power of the paper sisters on my side as well as the power of the great *Agent Paper Herself* +Yumiko Readman+

"Ready to be sliced and diced into pieces?"

*Raises 3 paper familiars and a line of paper archers to his side*

"Once you are dead and lifeless"

"I will turn you into mindless anime plushie to do my bidding as I see fit"

*laughs uncontrollably* (knowing that victory for the invincible, haruhi suzumiya was only a few clicks away)
yonako-kitti
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Rating of Haruhi Suzumiya Reply with quote
thanks to the stupid rating my mums going to throw the dvd out....and my Azumanga Daiho dvd!!!!>__<
krysinello
Kuu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
WTF that sucks, maybe you could convince her to watch and decide for herself, I mean its not that bad, even the tiny bits of Mikiru harassment aren't that bad, it should of been M anyways.

The Australian classification board has been going down hill, I remember reading something about them giving a movie an R rating, people complained that it shouldn't of received it, it went to court, and there defense was, it had a sex scene, the judge then asked, have you seen the movie... the movie was reclassified an M, the sex scene was off camera, nothing shown. Can't remember then movie name though.

Anyways the classification board doesn't seem to even watch what they wait, they go by what they read it seems :S

And don't get me started on the board for game ratings D:
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: The Rating of Haruhi Suzumiya Reply with quote
yonako-kitti wrote:
thanks to the stupid rating my mums going to throw the dvd out....and my Azumanga Daiho dvd!!!!>__<

my mum has given up altogether on me and MA dvds Smile
and the shops let me buy them anyway so thats good

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: