Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

DRAGON BALL Z UNCUT: THE DEFINITIVE REMASTERED RELEASE

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
DRAGON BALL Z UNCUT: THE DEFINITIVE REMASTERED RELEASE
Author
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Curious if in the redubs they kept Bruce Falconner's music or took it out?
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mad Anime Fan wrote:
Curious if in the redubs they kept Bruce Falconner's music or took it out?

The sets have two English tracks. One with Shunsuke Kikuchi's original Japanese score and one with the dub's own music. The "Ultimate Uncut" redubbed episodes (Saiyan and Namek arcs) have some other guy doing the music, however Faulconer's music is present from episodes 68+ (that's near the end of the season 2 set).

This clearly makes me the very best, like no one ever was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I am aware that I was the last one to post in this thread and I hate to double post, but...

a) It's been about a week since my last post in this thread and...

b) Totally different subject of the post.

Funimation appear to have announced Remastered DBGT sets in 4:3. Now I know that unlike DBZ, DBGT has had a full uncut bilingual release here. But I have to ask, any chance that we might get these?

I'd totally buy it myself, as it'd at least give me a chance to watch the dub without wanting to rip my ears off because of Mark Menza. (Like the DBZ sets, they appear to have the Dub + JP music option.)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mr popo
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dragonball should be the priority.

ps make a different thread so people actually read it.
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr popo wrote:
Dragonball should be the priority.

ps make a different thread so people actually read it.

Just wondering, why should Dragonball be the priority? After all, we already have the whole series uncut with Dub + JP music.

Mr popo
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Because Dragonball is in a worst state than Gt, there are lots more dust particles on the screen and the audio isn't always very consistent. I can see more improvements that need to be made with DB than Gt

i also feel that it is a better part of the series and therefore should be seen in the best possible quality, but that is just me being personal.

I am not saying that Gt shouldn't be released though, I would sure as hell buy it should Madman release it.

Have you got a link to the site that you found this info on?
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:
[..]

The sets have two English tracks. One with Shunsuke Kikuchi's original Japanese score and one with the dub's own music. The "Ultimate Uncut" redubbed episodes (Saiyan and Namek arcs) have some other guy doing the music, however Faulconer's music is present from episodes 68+ (that's near the end of the season 2 set).
Ah that is good to know from the point Funimation started the dub they kept Bruce's musice then wich gave the series some renewed life in a sense.
Instel
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr popo wrote:
Because Dragonball is in a worst state than Gt, there are lots more dust particles on the screen and the audio isn't always very consistent. I can see more improvements that need to be made with DB than Gt

i also feel that it is a better part of the series and therefore should be seen in the best possible quality, but that is just me being personal.

I am not saying that Gt shouldn't be released though, I would sure as hell buy it should Madman release it.

Have you got a link to the site that you found this info on?

I'd have hoped you'dve learnt by now, but the way to remove dust particle and other such (totally natural, considering the age of the show) issues isn't to bleach the christ out of the best masters you've gotten in years to the point where details go missing.

It's an old show. It does not need to look 'new'. A proper remaster can be done if certian people are willing to allow it to happen and are actually bothered working towards it.

Dragonball's Audio is more or less the same as the new Z sets audio, regarding consistency, quality and accuracy (though a bit better, I must admit). The Z sets never, ever needed a 5.1 track because it honestly doesn't sound any better than simply putting a 2.0 track through some kind of filter/amplifier at a fake 5.1/prologic setting or whatever.
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Instel wrote:
It's an old show. It does not need to look 'new'. A proper remaster can be done if certian people are willing to allow it to happen and are actually bothered working towards it.

Oh, there's proper remasters... Not only of DB, but DBZ and DBGT too, it's just that Toei like to sit on what they have over in Japan without sharing it with anyone else. Razz

Instel
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:
[..]

Oh, there's proper remasters... Not only of DB, but DBZ and DBGT too, it's just that Toei like to sit on what they have over in Japan without sharing it with anyone else. Razz

There is no way of confirming or denying that FUNimation mightve had access to Toei's remasters. Toei have sold such masters, or atleast copies, to other countries before. Either way, there are better way of doing things.

It's just that no one seems to be interested.
Rakani
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am not sure if its a bit premature to be asking this, maybe you can give a heads up at a later date if theres no info sly.

Any chance that there will be a complete collection once all the seasons have been released? I know that the US release is not done yet for every season but I just thought id ask now, and if not ill ask again in 6 months time or something Razz
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You know there is one thing wich baffles me, why doesn't the english track have 5.0 sound?
When the Japanaese track does, I thought the previous DBZ dvds did have it?

Also I'm alright over the new fatpack ones, tv is ok for the width rate(Widescreen/ 16/9)
Mr popo
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
only season one ultimate uncut had 5.0 surround sound to my knowledge
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hm what did the old Madman DBZ sets have for sound?
Because it is kind of noticable to the music and the rumble of sound effects isn't quite the same as what it used to be.
Mr popo
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you viewing the episodes with the original japanese soundtrack or the English dub soundtrack? I noticed that the japanese soundtrack is considerably quieter than the English. I'm not positive what sound the original versions had.
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mad Anime Fan wrote:
Hm what did the old Madman DBZ sets have for sound?
Because it is kind of noticable to the music and the rumble of sound effects isn't quite the same as what it used to be.
I noticed that with the remastered movies. The old (Pioneer) release was much louder and clearer than the japanese track on the new discs.
My guess is Funi got a different audio master then Pioneer, or they were just lazy and never tried to improve it, or even worse soiled it to make the english much more awesome (which wouldn't shock me, as the japanese effects came over alot clearer with the 'english voices japanese audio' than they did in the japanese only track)

Anime News Network Australia
Malicious_Ninja
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes I noticed that, with the old history of trunks release-and thew new remastered edition.the sound is crap.

Falcouners music was very well done, I like hsi 'prelude to slaughter' track very much.Ithink he released his music on cd.
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure if he did for history of Trunks, but I have all the music to the main series though.

Page 9 of 9

Jump to: