Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Madman not what it used to be

Madman not what it used to be
Author
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Madman not what it used to be Reply with quote
For me Madman has kind of lost its.... lets say spark

the madman store isnt as good when i first bought from here

im talking about losing the boxsets and also figures and collecatbles, also everything other than dvds are running or is out of stock and with no plan to restock

The 10th aniversery sale was awsome but i think that was the reason everything became out of stock and removing the items off the madman store never to be seen again

i know we will never see Boxsets on here again but atleast please stock up on more figures, collectables and otaku wear

p.s i'm sorry i complain alot, dont know if you all feel the same or not
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Honestly it's all retailers fault Razz

As for stuff going out of stock and never returning, that entirely depends on the license itself, as years go by, interests wane so depending on age of license and sales over the recent years (depending on age) licenses themselves may not be worth renewing.

As for collectibles, that entirely depends on availability too i guess but i'd like to see more Otaku wear too, or rather a variability on series but that would come down to actual license as well I would think? certain restricktions as far as rights?

But either way it'd come down to profitablility too.
Jaden1
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only place I've seen Otakuwear is in Shin Tokyo, which as expected, is an Anime store.
Other retailers won't stock such items as they simply don't see (or get) the demand!
I seem to recall JeansWest or someone selling the Otakuwear Transformers tshirts at one time, but they obviously didn't sell many or there would be more demand for these items.
As Madman is a business, and their CORE business is DVDs, then that's what they concentrate on.
The only way you'll convince Madman to start stocking more collectables/soundtracks/otakuwear is to buy everything they have.. and convince the rest of mainstream Australia that they need to do the same.. Otherwise, it's simply not worth Madman's expense to stock those items.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jaden1 wrote:

I seem to recall JeansWest or someone selling the Otakuwear Transformers tshirts at one time, but they obviously didn't sell many or there would be more demand for these items.

I think it was Jay Jays.
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
[..]

I think it was Jay Jays.

that's where I got my Decepticons shirt from. Which I'll probably wear on Saturday... Razz
Blaze
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's easy to say that Madman should stock more stuff, but whether people would buy a majority of the stock is a different story. You have to remember that Madman is a business (like it or not) and needs to consider stock that would make them profit. However, I'm sure they can arrange special orders if you email the sales department.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: