Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Still suprised we never got G-Gundam

Still suprised we never got G-Gundam
Author
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Still suprised we never got G-Gundam Reply with quote
Mobile Fighter G Gundam was the first one dubbed after New Mobile Report Gundam Wing, kinda surprised of all the anime we've gotten, this one wasn't one of them.

I guess Seed did much better than Wing here, seeing as we got a lot of Gundam after that.
Andy_ubio
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm im not all that supprised. I still havent gotten through all of G-gundam. I have only watched the first 2 volumes. I honestly couldnt get into it at all. Whihc really supprised me as i like almost anything Gundam.

Does it actually get better?... I just found those first to volumes so repetative and a little bit childish.
SGD_Eirikr
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
^ When it becomes the fight against the Devil/Dark Gundam, it picks up a lot from being 'Opponent of the Week', but it's supposed be be kinda cheesy, that's it's appeal. If you have the whole thing, skip through to the final fight, it's in no way ment to be taken seriously.

It's not so much kiddy as it's cheesy. It's got a lot in common with Digimon Frontier, it is not meant to be watched in the same way as the rest of the franchise. Like how Digimon Frontier is meant to be watched as a toku series(And is a damn good one) and not a mon series, Mobile Fighter G-Gundam has more in common with a mon series than a Gundam series, and should not be taken the same way.

A good counterpart to it would be Zoids New Century, which is much the same in it's structure and G Gundam is just a bit darker in tone.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: