Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
Author
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Reply with quote
Since Storm 2 is out now I decided to review it for people who haven't played it yet and also for people who have the game want to talk about gameplay and unlockables, items etc.

About Storm 2:

Storm 2 is shippuden so if you like Shippuden better than just PTS (pre-time skip) then you like storm 2.
I doesn't matter if you like both time periods both games storm 2 and storm 1 are reasonably good for playing out there time periods.

Storm 2 time period is from Naruto arrival in Konoha to the Battle with Pain's.
The good thing is that the game is set in chapter periods too and trophys are unlocked each time a chapter is finished in scenario mode.

Comparing Storm 2 to Storm 1 and which is better:
Well it hard to compare which is better as it depends on you and what you like as there are pro's and con's of it all.
Storm 1 & 2 both have awakening mode but only storm 1 will allow Ultimate jutsu when in awakening mode which is the bad thing about losing this in storm 2.
Since some character change in Awakeninig mode like Cursed second stage seal Sasuke can't use ultimate jutsu in that state, which is a little unfair.

Each character has one Ninjutsu and one Ultimate Jutsu and all have awakening mode which is like a BOOST or a 'strenght up' or 'speed up'.

Awakening mode is cool as Naruto completely changes into the 'four tailed' Nine tailed fox and I also 'six tailed' when in the pain arc.
I haven't tried all the awakenings yet as I've yet to unlock all characters

Ultimate jutsu clashing like rasengan vs chidori in storm 1 is gone in storm 2 as there is no clashing cutscene where you have to button mash to win.
Theres no running up walls or smashing into walls like in storm 1.
In scenario mode free roam there's no shuriken throwing to get items up high.
So everything seems a bit more 'Simple' this time around in scenario mode as you don't have to jump to high buildings to get items as everything is ground level.

Scenario mode is a little better this time than Storm 1 as missions are easy and not everything has to be achieve by certain "Hard" conditions like "Must defeat character with 10% life left".
Well some of this is still there but they made it a bit easier as unlock conditions are easier and better than storm 1 as it had S Rank conditions which where a bit too hard.
There still are S Rank conditions but it unlocks Ninja info Cards rankings.

::Characters::
The character select screen is pretty much split into Ninja and Rogue Ninja funny enough.
Team 7 Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura and even Sai and later Yamato.
Team Guy
Team Azuma
Team Kiba
Team Hebi (Snake) or later Team Taka (Hawk) (Sasuke's team)
The legendary sanin
All the Akatsuki well except for Zetsu from what I've heard as it's only up to the pain arc.
As for Pain only the 'deva' one is playable while the others are attacks and jutsu's.
Granny Chiyo
Team Gaara
Killer Bee
Lars (From Tekken 6)
4th Hokage in collector's edition DLC but maybe unlock by other means aswell...not too sure.
I did say some characters have two modes like Naruto and Jiraiya have sage modes for example but think this is classed as doubling of characters since their looks have changed.

But total 44 characters in the game.

But this topic can be about your likes and dislikes from this game and previous ones and comparing them.
OR
Trying to complete a mission or finding an item or just general discussions about the game.
Renton7
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't like the free roam aspect, it's not as "free" as it was in Ninja Storm 1. Also I am a bit disappointed that not all characters have Awakening modes again, for eg Tenten, I mean I understand we haven't seen her fight much in the series, but they still could have done something. However these are only small gripes with the gameplay that I will get over. Everything else is great, I mean the visuals, CyberConnect2 have really outdone themselves with the cell shading, and the background visuals, way better than the first game.

I'm not that far into the game yet, I just faced Orichimaru for the first time, and I have yet to go online, but I am definately enjoying it.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got up to introducing Sai into the game as I already finished the Gaara rescue chapter.

But true the quality is better than the first game as cutscenes and even free roaming and talking to people in the street is still good quality.
There are some differences people might hate that's left out of storm 2 that was in storm 1 but so far this feels like a new game but with the same features.
The game gets a lot more fun as you unlock more characters as you get to try them out for the first time.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: