Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Signature Rules

Signature Rules
Author
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Signature Rules Reply with quote
There seems to be some confusion over the signature rules on the Madboards, so I'm hoping this should clear things up.

- First off, the big one: No images in sigs. We took a vote, and the general will of the Madboards community said they didn't want it, so we don't have it. Signatures that contain images will be removed, and users will be warned.

- Signatures should be no longer than the equivalent of four lines at standard font size. Lengthy signatures will be removed, and users warned.

- Type should be no larger than the standard font size. Using larger type will see your sig removed.

- Colour is okay to use, however if signature colour is deemed to be particularly obnoxious, it may be removed.

- Finally, the administrators reserve the right to remove a user's signature for any reason.

You are allowed to "pimp" websites or projects you're involved in with your sig. There's nothing wrong with this as long as it's not blatant commercial advertising.

Note that warnings sent via PM for signature violations generally won't count towards a ban or other form of disciplinary action. Repeat offenders may, however, find that they do.

While the admins and mods do our best to check signatures, we can't be everywhere. If you find a signature that violates these rules, feel free to PM an admin or moderator.

Please note that these are not new rules, merely a clarification of rules already in the Madboards ToC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just to clear something up that I'm sure will otherwise result in a hilarious thread in the Website & Forum forum:

If your sig currently violates these rules, then don't panic. You've been "grandfathered in". Your sig is allowed to violate the rules for now, but if you change it, then the new sig must be within the rules.

The exception to this is, of course, image sigs. Image sigs will, as always, be amputated with extreme prejudice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just letting everyone know that I am actually enforcing signature rules now. If you find your signature removed and replaced with the following message, this is why.

This message will appear in signatures if they are in violation of the above-stated rules.

[Signature removed due to signature rules violation. Please note that signatures should be no longer than 300 characters and four lines at standard font size]

Remember that we won't ban you for breaking these rules, unless you repeatedly break them after being warned.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: