Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Does 00 get better?

Does 00 get better?
Author
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Does 00 get better? Reply with quote
I bought the first DVD+box back when it was released, I didn't care much for it, too much like a slightly better Wing which I found painfully boring, but everyone sings 00's praises, so does it get better or does it stay 'Wing redux'?
Thorge
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Much better. It takes several episodes of setup before it takes off. And from what I've seen of season 2, it seems to have more in common with Zeta than Wing.
sonar
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Infinitely. I think by episode 5 or 6 I was well into it, and by 10 I was thoroughly engrossed.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The series aint bad from what I've watched and like SEED/Destiny, the 2nd season starts up several years after the events of season 1. Unlike other Gundam series however, new Gundams are brought out to replace the first season models. Gundam Wing just continued without any real break timeline wise as new or improved versions are brought out.

It's worth watching the whole series just to see that. Get the rest of the first season and then start on season 2 and you'll see what I mean.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
Shawaazu
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think it gets better. Well, except for Marina, she gets more terrible as the series goes on, at least imho.
Andy_ubio
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah i agree with sonar.
I thought it started off really slow as well... But i recon from about episode 10 or 11(somewhere around there) It really started to pick up and it only got stronger and better towards the end of season 1.
Although i cant say anything about season 2 yet, as i havent started watching any of it yet. (i like to wait until i have the whole show before i start watching it.)

Although Im not sure what type of gundam fan you are. Myself personally, I am a huge Seed 'fanboy'...
So i geuss you can either take my recommendation or disregard it depending on your opinion of Seed. Lol.
(There are some hardcore UC Gundam people out there that hate anything thats not set in the Universal Century and Seed seems to be the series they target the most. Confused )

But if you already have already started to buy the series (1 dvd is a start Razz ) why not pick up the rest when they are cheap at the $10 make up sale.
SGD_Eirikr
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Andy_ubio wrote:
Although Im not sure what type of gundam fan you are. Myself personally, I am a huge Seed 'fanboy'...
I have seen Mobile Suit Gundam, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Mobile Fighter G Gundam, New Mobile Report Gundam Wing, 0083 Stardust Memory, Mobile Gundam SEED, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny and Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny Final Plus/The Chosen Future. I enjoyed all but Wing, mostly because I disliked the cast and found the overall plot tedious and boring. My favorites are the original and Zeta.

Andy_ubio wrote:
But if you already have already started to buy the series (1 dvd is a start Razz ) why not pick up the rest when they are cheap at the $10 make up sale.

When is this sale?

You guys have convinced me to atleast finish Season 1. Thanks for the input.
Andy_ubio
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SGD_Eirikr wrote:
When is this sale?

Check out this thread, it should have all the info you need about the upcoming sale.
http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=28398&start=0
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
After finishing season 2 I have to say that 00 is weaker than SEED/Destiny and Wing. Season 1 is pretty much a watch it once and forget series and season 2 has some good moments, but isn't as good as I thought it would be. Some eps are FF material.

I think the real lack in 00 is that there's no relationships being formed. In season 2 there's a couple, but in S1 is pretty much zip. It might seem a bit petty, but one thing I really liked in SEED/Destiny and Wing is that the Gundam pilots formed relationships in one form or another. That lack in 00 almost makes the pilots one dimensional despite their past experiences.

My sister told me on tuesday that she didn't like 00. She liked MSG, 0080, 08th MS Team, Wing and SEED, but that she watched the first 2 vols of 00 and didn't like it. She went and watched the final ep of S1 and didn't like how that played out either. She's going to finish off S1 and then give S2 a try since I'm giving her my R1 version but she's still dubious about it. I told her some spoiler material in S2 to get her interested again.

00 does get better in S2 and ends OK, but I'm really hoping that the movie will save it. Otherwise I'll have to conclude that 00 is close to being a dud.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: