Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

New Gundam Series Announced - 'GUNDAM AGE'

New Gundam Series Announced - 'GUNDAM AGE'
Author
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: New Gundam Series Announced - 'GUNDAM AGE' Reply with quote
Bandai announced plans (13/06/11) for a new Gundam Series to start airing in Japan late 2011. (most likely October)
The series is going to be titled Mobile Suit Gundam Age.

The information that has been revealed so far:

The project will be directed by Susumu Yamaguchi and will be co-produced by Level 5

The plot:
The new series will be set in a new timeline with three main characters piloting the Gundam AGE-1 each at a time fighting against an unknown attacking enemy to defend Earth in a "One Hundred Year War" an apparent homage to the One Year War of the first Gundam series. The series is set in A.G (Advanced Generation) Year 115, and as the war's name implies, its storyline is set to span across one century.

The first pilot is Frit Asuno, who developed the Gundam and its AGE SYSTEM that allows it to "evolve" and gain access to its three forms from experience in battle, Normal Form, the faster SPARROW Form and the more powerful TITUS Form.[2] The second pilot is Asemu Asuno, Frit's child, and the third and final protagonist is Kio Asuno, Frit's descendant who inherits the Gundam.

Heres a look at the promo video which has been released.

It appears that the 3 protagonists seem to be mainly portrayed as kids/teenagers.

What re peoples thoughts?

Its looks very different to what im used to for a Gundam series. Especially when you look at how the previous modern series have looked.

The style and feel to me definitely seems to be like a bit of a through back to the original Gundam series. With a little but more of a modernized retro character design.

Although there does seem to be quite a few inconsistencies in character design, from what i have seen. Some character look more modern and what might be seen in Seed or 00

and then there is this

which looks like its straight from the 60's or 70's... Very Astro Boy-ish

So far, there has been a lot of negative responses from fans around the internet (just look at the comments in that youtube video) from what I have seen...

None the less the concept of spanning a show across 3 generation and a 100 year time line seems very interesting to me and Im very intrigued to see how they handle the story.

Fingers crossed it this new series is successful.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I would give that series a miss. 1 Gundam, 3 generations over 100 years doesn't inspire confidence that it'll be any good.

Even 00 had generations in it, but it was moved to the background to keep with 1 generation. That is unless you read the Fereshe manga with the older generation Gundams and pilots in it.

Would hate to see how long the new series would be esp due to the generations, 100 years and 1 Gundam concept.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
Andy_ubio
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im actually really curious to see how they go abut the 100 year story idea.

I wonder if they will take full use of the 100 year timeloine and jump inbetween timeframes or if it will mainly spend most of the time in 1 generations timeframe (most likely the youngest) and then use the other 2 generations as like an introduction and backstory for the series.
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Andy_ubio wrote:
Im actually really curious to see how they go abut the 100 year story idea.

I'm guessing 49 episodes will focus on one year, and then the 50th episode will skip ahead 99 years to show the results of the heroes' labour.
SGD_Eirikr
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
phantasy star tried this, it didn't turn out very well.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: