Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Pathfinder - Into the Haunted Forest - Game Thread



Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Pathfinder - Into the Haunted Forest - Game Thread
Author
Message
Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 3815
Location: On a quest to find something very precious.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aron reallises she should have known what the commotion was.. what else could it have been.

She returns o her room and retires to her bed for the night.


ACTION: tries to sleep in her bed.
_________________
Watashi Wa Nekomata

Play Star Trek Online or Star Citizen? The Ausmonauts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok I must be dreaming , Kurg bouncing off walls ,Talk of Ham , yep got to be dreaming so I better get back in bed where I belong.

............................
Thinks she is asleep still so gets back in bed for the night
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In the morning, you are woken by Cage, ordering you downstairs to the taproom. It is clear he is not in the mood for argument, so you do not argue, and head there quickly.

~~~

As the group enters the taproom, Cage pulls Allistaire aside.

“You are under suspicion of theft, child. Line up over there with the other suspects so we can sort this out.”

Being obviously given no other choice, Allistaire complies silently. In the line are Grelm Hammerlock (the mercenary who started the fight the night prior), a local human farmer named Huckaby Trent, a traveling gnome tinker named Lorkyhay Ganderhoddle, the barkeep, and a local witch named Estle Winterbloom, as well as Allistaire.

“Okay, now that everyone is here”, Cage begins, “we have a case of stolen property. The dagger which I confiscated from these two” he indicates Grelm and Kaala, was stolen during the night. "According to these witnesses”, he indicates a group to his right, “the culprit is likely amongst this lineup”

The witnesses group consists of one of the inn's serving girls, Doctor Phineas Krane, a travelling merchant named Jobe Flint, and a stableboy named tab. (All are human).

Cage seems baffled. “I slept with the dagger under my pillow, as I feared this would happen. The culprit must either be extremely stealthy, or have some form of magic at their disposal. If any of you have any information, or ideas, then feel free to speak up, or investigate, though I cannot allow any of you to leave the building until we discover the thief's identity.

He then sits down, deep in thought.

CURRENT SITUATION:
The dagger has gone missing.
There is a line of suspects, including Grelm and Allistaire, among others.
There is a group of 'witnesses', including Dr Krane among others.

_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DirtyTiger
Doraemon


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 40
Location: Bathurst, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allistaire lines up against the wall, pouting as me moves. "It weren't me though!! Really true. Who said they saw me there? Lemme plead my case!!" He pulls out the puppy dog eyes and the quivering lip, trying everything he can to show Cage that he truly is innocent. He might be a thief, but he'd never take credit for some-one else's work...

Action: Diplomacy to be given a chance to clear his name.
_________________
--
It can be shown that there are no boring numbers. Maths freakin' rocks ^_^

One Hundred Hundreds, A Blog On The Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 3815
Location: On a quest to find something very precious.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
With Allistaire being lined up and accused of theft, Aron not knowing quietly asked the group.

"does anyone know what happened or what's going on?"


Action: quietly talking to the group.
_________________
Watashi Wa Nekomata

Play Star Trek Online or Star Citizen? The Ausmonauts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"looks like the dagger went missing, but after the commotion in the hall last night I didin't hear anything else , did you??" replying to Aron

..................................
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Commmotion? All I heard was Krug's voice booming and a loud thud... what happened anyway?" she muttered quietly to Leoric and Aron, before speaking up.

"Investigate? Does that mean we have permission to look at the scene... that is your room?" she asked Cage. The sooner the culperate was caught the better, as they were now all being held under house arrest. She looked over at Allistaire, wondering why he of all people had been accused. He is just a child!
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"If you can prove it was someone else, go ahead." Cage answers Allistair's plea.

"If you think you can find something up there, then go ahead. Just don't leave this building." he says to Rhea.

CURRENT SITUATION:
No change.

_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Understood" she replied to Cage before turning back to Leoric and Aron.

"I'm going to check the scene of the crime, we may be able to find some clues as to the whereabouts of this knife. Until we learn more about it, we will not be able to leave." Rhea then made her way towards Cage's room...
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
kbz333
Kiichi Goto


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 5548
Location: lost in my own mind

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Knowing that it was useless to even try, Kaala stayed where she was. She threw a look at Allistaire wondering if he had really managed to do it or not.

ACTION - thinking and looking at Allistaire.
_________________
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment - Babylon 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"let us know how you go Rhea" Turning to the tavan owner " what happened after we went to our rooms??"
..................................
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari


Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 3414
Location: Galactica

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krug roars with laughter.

"Sheriff funny man!" he shouts inbetween fits of laughter. "Krug not need to steal what already his! Sheriff sleep with dagger under pillow? Krug surprised thief not take Sheriff's tunic as well!"

He points at Grelm.

"Grelm look like shady man." he growls. "Krug say Sheriff shake Grelm for while, see what falls out. Krug turn out pockets too, Krug have nothing to hide."

ACTION: Krug has pointed the finger at Grelm and emptied his own pockets to protest his innocence.
_________________
Fight for love like a soldier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 3815
Location: On a quest to find something very precious.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aron considers the situation and silently scans the room looking for anyone that 'appears' abnormally nervous or suspicious.


Action: looks for anyone that appears oddly nervous or suspicious.
_________________
Watashi Wa Nekomata

Play Star Trek Online or Star Citizen? The Ausmonauts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea heads upstairs to Cage's room. She finds a small, dried, odorous stain in the floor in the corner near Cage's door in the hallway leading to his room.
When she enters, she sees a bed, mantelpiece, and a small table, as well as an open window. The bed is unmade - clearly due to Cage's discovery when he awoke.
The open window seems slightly suspicious, though from the doorway it cannot be told if the window was opened by Cage in the morning, or used as some form of escape.

~~~

Cage replies to Krug with "Uh... thanks for your honesty" while Grelm gets visibly angered, and assaults Krug's ears with curses.
"Why would I steal something that rightfully belongs to me you great oaf?" is the only repeatable sentence that he utters. He catches Cage glaring at him, and quietens quickly.

The bartender answers Leoric's question with "Not much, that I know of. There was a bit of a commotion upstairs, though from what I understand it was that big fella sleepwalkin'"

Aron sees that everyone in the room appears slightly nervous, with the exception of Krug.

CURRENT SITUATION:
Rhea has discovered a small patch of... something outside Grelm's room.
Rhea has found Grelm's window open.
Grelm protested his innocence, only to be quietened quickly by the Sheriff.


OOC:
Cmon guys! Make some moves! Razz
_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Starting to get frustrated . At this pace we will never make it to the forest
To Cage "what is the point of this.. Trial? It's obvious no one here took it. Why hang around for you to wake up, the one responsible must be a distance away by now. I suggest you let us get on with our day. If we find the culprit I can assure u we will deal with them"

Leoric finishes with a huff and sits down at the counter, waving for a serving girl to bring her some breakfast

................................
OOC to hard to change font colour on my phone sorry
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea looks around the room. It was strange that Cage did not wake up during the incident, he must have slept like a fallen log after the commotion last night. It would take someone quite skilled to steal from beneath the pillow on which he slumbered. She hoped it wasn't Allistaire, surely he wouldn't have done something like that. He wanted to go on this adventure, why hold them up?

Making her way into the room, she approached the bed, though doubted she would find much of consequence. Cage had been sleeping here and she suspected he would have mentioned if he found anything else under the pillow. The knife was stolen, not replaced. Feeling a cool breeze, her eyes wandered over to the window. It was open, could the suspect have escaped out the window? Either that or it was how he (or she) made their entrance last night. She made her way over, wondering whether any traces had been left behind.

Action: Perception on window/area
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cage listens to Leoric's outburst, answering her with
"Once all avenues have been explored here, then we'll move the search out. If you're so impatient to leave, then you're welcome to have a look around, or talk to the witnesses."

~~~~~~

Rhea finds the tracks of a small humanoid beneath the Sheriff's open window. Also, on the windowsill, tiny dark marks made up of short, straight lines can be seen. They appear in pairs.
(D20 -> 14 + 6 Perception = 20)

CURRENT SITUATION:
Rhea found some marks. She does not know when the window was opened.

_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"very well cage, I will leave you to talk to the witnesses, I will serch the surrounding area. I will be back shortly and tell you what I find"

Turning to those in her party able to leave the building " would anyone care to accompany me? It could make this go quicker then We can all move on with our journey "

Walking over to the main door and stepping out into the early morning light , it was a crisp morning. She started to check around the side of the building.
............
Action: serch outside the inn.

OOC I am assuming if anyone comes too we would have aranged some kind of serch pattern Smile
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kbz333
Kiichi Goto


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 5548
Location: lost in my own mind

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hearing Leoric, Kaala turns to her and says "I'll go with you. I'm sick of being cooped up in here and the sooner this is resolved, the better." She sends a small glare to Cage for effect.

Motioning to Ghost, she goes to follow Leoric outside.

ACTION - Glaring at Cage and following Leoric outside to look for clues.
_________________
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment - Babylon 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DirtyTiger
Doraemon


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 40
Location: Bathurst, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allistaire turns to the stablehand and looks up at him. "So...You're a witness, huh? What is it that you exactly witnessed, then? I mean, you must have seen something of importance..." Allistaire grills him for all he's worth, trying to remain friendly at the same time.

Action: Question the First Witness (Stable Boy) and then use Sense Motive to determine the veracity of his statement Smile
_________________
--
It can be shown that there are no boring numbers. Maths freakin' rocks ^_^

One Hundred Hundreds, A Blog On The Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well this was quite interesting, she had found something alright, tracks. She doubted they would belong to Krug, or even Kaala for that matter due to the size. Perhaps this would clear them of theft?

Making note of the direction of the footprints, she turned her attention to the other markings. They were strange, though she did not know if they were recent. Were they made by an animal? Or were they related to the footprints? She leaned in closer, inspecting them closer.

--------

Action: perception on markings

ooc: I assume if she can see the footprints, she can see which way they are going? Please let me know Razz
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 3815
Location: On a quest to find something very precious.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seeing Leoric and Kaala planing to leave the inn Aron speaks up to stop them.

"A moment, we may not leave the inn, we will have to such inside."



Action: talking.
_________________
Watashi Wa Nekomata

Play Star Trek Online or Star Citizen? The Ausmonauts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aron's suggestion falls upon deaf ears, as both Leoric and Kaala leave the tavern.

Cage follows Kaala and Leoric outside, running in front of them as to block their path, hand on the pommel of his blade.

"What part of 'you're not leaving the building' did you ladies NOT understand?"

~~~~

Tab, the stableboy, answers Allistaire's query with
"The gnome over there, sir. I saw him creeping below the Sheriff's window during the night, while I was tending to the stables."

The gnome, Lorkyhay Ganderhoddle interjects this story with "I was merely taking a late night constitutional! This has nothing to do with me. Not at all!"

(D20 -> 19 = 5 Sense Motive = 24)
Allistaire finds nothing wrong with the stableboy's story, though gets the feeling that Lorkyhay isn't telling the whole truth.

~~~~

The footprints Rhea found lead nowhere in particular. A closer inspection of the markings reveals nothing new visually. Rhea racks her brain, but is not able to identify the origin of the markings.

CURRENT SITUATION:
Leoric and Kaala are in trouble. Kaala doubly so, considering she just broke two house arrest orders...
Tab has revealed he saw Lorkyhay outside. Lorkyhay himself seems to be not telling the whole truth.
Rhea could not identify the prints.


OOC:
The check required to identify something like this is Knowledge based, particularly since it was already a check to find the markings in the first place. I made the appropriate Knowledge roll, which failed, but will not reveal which knowledge it was so as to preserve a lack of player knowledge.
_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea, not noticing anything in particular about the mrkings turn around and made her way towards the exit of the room. It was time to report to Cage on her findings.

Making her way back downstairs, she discovered that Cage was no longer there, though most of the others present were still hanging around. Kaala and Leoric seemed to be missing as well. Perhaps they too were investigating?

She turned her attention to the suspects that Cage had lined up against the wall. It would appear that one of these people had stolen the knife, or at least Cage believed so. She then looked down, down towards their feet. She had witnessed footprints in Cage's room and suspected they belonged to the theif. She focused, trying to determine whether any of them could possibly match the footprints upstairs.

Action: Perception (?) on feet of suspects, to work out who are possible matches for the footprints she found.
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Letting out a sigh " I didn't realize I was under house arrest, with Rhea looking in the rooms it was logical to serch the area directly beside the inn. "
Turning on her heals she makes her way back to the main room. Muttering to her friend something about men on power trips as she opened the door again.
At least she could eat her breakfast now tho not enjoy it.
..........................
Action go back inside

OOC: missed the line about everyone not tonleave :p also getting the feeling Leoric is not a morning person
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyTiger
Doraemon


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 40
Location: Bathurst, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allistaire thanks Tab, and approaches Lorkyhay. "A late night constitutional?" He asks the gnome, "Are you quite certain it wasn't something else? You know..." He pauses, and looks at the sherrif, lowering his voice so that he is addressing Lorkyhay only "If you're honest now, it might not be so bad...But if you lie, and he finds you out...I just think that being honest is a better policy when there are crazy men with big swords about..." He smiles warmly at the gnome.

Action: Another diplomacy on Lorkyhay!! And another Sense Motive after that!! Wahay!!
_________________
--
It can be shown that there are no boring numbers. Maths freakin' rocks ^_^

One Hundred Hundreds, A Blog On The Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari


Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 3414
Location: Galactica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krug is thinking about ale. A little about hitting things with other things, but mostly ale. A stroke of inspiration hits him. Or it could just be a stroke.

"Krug have great idea!" he shouts. "Krug think maybe thief still here! Krug bring thief out with power of song!"

He climbs up on the bar and grabs a nearby extinguished candlestick to sing into. He launches into immaculate choreography and song. Probably a good thing that the Sheriff has gone outside, he thinks, still not stopping.

"DON'T CRY FOR ME, ARGENTINAAAAAA!" he screams into the candlestick in his best attempt at singing, then launches into a seventeen-minute sequence of vocal runs.

ACTION: Roll whatever you like, Krug's trying to use the Power of Song to bring out knowledge about the robbery. Razz
_________________
Fight for love like a soldier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kbz333
Kiichi Goto


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 5548
Location: lost in my own mind

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kaala sighs and glares at Cage with her hands on her hips. "Look, I don't take kindly to being kept inside for long periods and neither does my companion" she says motioning to Ghost.

"Besides, there could be vital clues out here that we might be missing. Who knows, you could have kept the dagger for yourself and are just blaming ht e rest of us here for it's theft so you can keep it without anyone knowing." She points a finger at Cage for punctuation.

Huffing loudly, she heads back to the inn where a terrible screeching noise could be heard.

ACTION - accusing Cage of hiding it and him then accusing everyone else of theft.
_________________
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment - Babylon 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"And I don't take kindly to entitled criminals" Cage gruffly replies as he follows her back to the inn. The twitch in his eye shows that he can barely stand being around her at this point.

~~~

Allistaire attempts to question Lorkyhay further, but is interrupted by a loud screeching wich can only mean one thing - Krug is singing.

Leoric reenters the inn to find Krug "singing".

Krug's singing manages to shatter one of the windows of the inn - just as Cage reenters.
(D20 -> 2)
One of the servant girls appears to clean up the mess, while the barkeep tries to keep himself calm - resolving to bring the destruction of property case up with the Sheriff once the dagger issue was resolved.

The excitement in the inn prevents Rhea from seeing what she's looking for.

CURRENT SITUATION:
Cage's opinion of Kaala has lowered - his attitude towards gher is now UNFRIENDLY, bordering on hostile. (Diplomacy checks now have a DC modifier of 20)
Krug shattered a window with his voice, throwing both Allistaire and Rhea off with their investigations.
The bartender is now UNFRIENDLY with Krug.


OOC:
Kaala has all but ruined her chances of EVER getting the dagger back. At this rate, she'll be lucky if her quest reward is simply her freedom!
_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari


Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 3414
Location: Galactica

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krug jumps down from the bar, slamming heavily onto the floorboards.

"Krug not sorry, but Krug not mean to break window. Krug pay for." He says, handing over 5 silver pieces to the bartender.

ACTION: Krug has paid for the broken window.

OOC: Can we please truncate this somewhat? We've been talking since before the break.
_________________
Fight for love like a soldier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea's ears filled with loud screaming like sounds, immediately taking her focus away from the task at hand. Next thing she knew, she head a loud crack and was covered in shattered glass. She dove onto the ground, her hands above her hear to shield her eyes from being pierced by the fragments. What on earth was going on? Was the inn being attacked? Rhea remained curled up in a ball, not wanting to get up in case more projectiles were being launched.

Action: Rhea is curled up in a ball under the window - believing the inn is under attack
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stepping back into the dim lit room Leoric is assulted by Krugs song once again, what was it with him anyway. she shudders a little.

The window smashed and glass flew everywhere just as Rhea walked in t's path, she had always seemed visibaly shaken at the sound of Krugs loud voice let alone his singing ,mayhap she was raised in a monistery where loud noises of any kind were frowned apon,now she looked terrified curled up under the window.

Leoric walked to her and placed a hand on her sholder and started to brush aside the glass, not wanting to make her feel embarrased she simply smiled and Said

"I was going to have a look around the outside of the inn but Cage stoped me, looks like the others are questioning the witnesses so with luck this will be souted out soon and we can be on our way. I can't belive Kaala or Krug would be involved in the theft and our lil friend over there would find it hard not to brag should he have pulled off such a impressive act" chuckling to herself a little at the last

"How did you go upstaires??"

.....................................................
Action: comfort Rhea, ask what she discvered
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krug pays for the window. The barkeep takes the money wordlessly, silently resolving to get someone in to repair the window after the situation is resolved.

Rhea curls up into a ball. Leoric goes to comfort her, and questions her about her findings.

Cage, as he returns, watches Krug pay for the window, and counts that issue as resolved. He returns to thinking about what could have happened to that dagger.

The rest of the room remains silent, stunned as to what they just witnessed.

CURRENT SITUATION:
Nothing new.


OOC:
@SMK:

_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"We were instructed not to leave the inn, after all had someone taken the knife it would be there chance to flee." Rhea got up from the ground, dusting the remaining shards from her robes.

"I was able to find several strange signs upstairs, though I would need to question Cage as to whether these signs were there prior. However, from my calculations it would appear that Krug and Kaala did not steal the knife." If only she could say the same for Allistaire, from what little she found he would still be considered a suspect.

"I suggest you speak with those present, see if you can find out more information." Cage mentioned witnesses... what had been witnessed and would that help?

Rhea moved to approach Allistaire. "Can I have a word..." she asked softly. "I need you to be honest with me... did you take the dagger?" She had to know for sure that he did not do it. She wanted to believe he was innocent, but the evidence she had seen didn't look good...
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 3815
Location: On a quest to find something very precious.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aron walks over to the nearest of the lined up suspects and asks them a question.

"Did you see or hear anything last night that seemed.. suspicious?"


Action: Asks one of the suspects (other than Allistaire) a question. (die role to choose which?)
_________________
Watashi Wa Nekomata

Play Star Trek Online or Star Citizen? The Ausmonauts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aron begins to question Doctor Phineas, who answers with

"I remained up late last night, trying to salvage my shroud when I saw the boy" he indicates Allistaire "walk in through the door, covered in blood and holding the dagger."

(D20 -> 17 + 3 Sense motive = 20)
Doctor Phineas seems unsure of his own story. Perhaps giving him a nudge would reveal more.

Rhea replies to Leoric, and begins to question Allistaire quietly.

No other information is revealed, since the rest of the party simply stand around.

CURRENT SITUATION:
Doctor Phineas saw Allistaire covered in blood, holding Brightflame, though he seems unsure of himself. Only Aron and Cage know this.

_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Leoric also approaches the line of
witnesses and attempts to see what she can find out, "could you tell me in your owne words what you witnessed"

............
Action: interrogate a witness that has yet to be questioned, or if none not yet questioned random die roll?
Sry it's a pain to check who is left on my phone Smile
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyTiger
Doraemon


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 40
Location: Bathurst, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allistaire looks squarely at Rhea and answers with honesty in his voice. "I promise I never done it...I'm not a coward!" Before turning back to Lorkhay, once more trying to convince him that it might not be so bad to be fully honest with him.

Action: Diplomacy and Sense Motive on Lorkhay once more, thanks Smile
_________________
--
It can be shown that there are no boring numbers. Maths freakin' rocks ^_^

One Hundred Hundreds, A Blog On The Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 3815
Location: On a quest to find something very precious.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aron listens closely to what the doctor sais, and felling his words lac confidence, presses for clarification.

"He was covered in blood? are you sure it was the same knife, Did you notice anything else?"


Acton: continuing to question Dr Phineas.
_________________
Watashi Wa Nekomata

Play Star Trek Online or Star Citizen? The Ausmonauts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea nods, glad to hear that Allistaire had not commited the crime. She believed him without question, now more determined than ever to prove his innocence.

She wanted to tell Cage about her findings, but what she had found would still keep Alistaire under suspicion. She needed more information, so she went to seek it. Rhea approached one of the witnesses Cage pointed out, a man who appeared to be a traveller (aka: Jobe)

"Good morning. I know you'd like to leave the inn and head off on your travels. My name is Rhea and I am trying to investigate what happened. Would you be able to help by telling me what you witnessed last night?"

----------

Action: Asked Jobe to describe what he saw.
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Leoric approaches Sara, a serving girl, and asks her what she saw.
Sara answers with:
"I saw both Huckaby and Grelm in the hall outside Cage's room last night, while I was checking the locks and windows. They were there at different times"

Grelm interjects with "I was nowhere near that room, wench! Who do you think you are?"

Huckaby also speaks up. "I was off me face ma'am! I was looking fer a privy!"

Leoric finds nothing wrong with either of these statements.
(D20 -> 4 - 1 Sense Motive = 3)
(d20 -> 16 - 1 Sense motive = 15)

~~~~~

Allistaire continues to speak to Lorkyhay, trying to find what he's hiding. Lorkyhay stutters and mumbles, but does not reveal anything more.
(D20 -> 3 + 8 Diplomacy = 11)

~~~~~

Aron inquires to Doctor Phineas more deeply in a friendly manner.
(D20 -> natural 20 CRIT!)
Doctor Phineas admits that he had imbibed quite a bit of elderberry wine and consumed a number of pickled crows' eggs, and might have just dreamt the entire thing.

~~~~~

Rhea asks Jobe what he saw.
"I caught the innkeeper hiding in the storeroom next to the sheriff's room. I..."
He is interrupted by the innkeeper, who bursts out with
"I work here, you dolt! I wasn't hiding, I was stoking linens!"
(D20 -> 13 + 7 Sense Motive = 20)

Rhea determines that the barkeep is telling the truth, but has no idea whether Jobe is simply mistaken or is purposefully hiding the truth.

CURRENT SITUATION:
More information has been found, read above for details.
Allistaire has effectively been cleared, though the only one with this information is Aron.
The only people to hear these conversations are the people involved in them - and they only hear the conversation they're involved in.

_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog


Last edited by Kalgar on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kbz333
Kiichi Goto


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 5548
Location: lost in my own mind

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kaala stands against a wall. There was no point even trying to question anyone, seeing as she was a suspect. Besides, Cage would probably lock her up for life if she even twitched.

ACTION - leaning against a wall, bored out of her skull. Ghost is lying at her feet.

_________________
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment - Babylon 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DirtyTiger
Doraemon


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 40
Location: Bathurst, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allistaire walks up to Krug, tugging on the significantly larger man's sleeve. "Mister..." He says, putting on his best pleading voice. "I think that man knows what happened but he /won't/ say anything." He motions to Lorkhay. "Any time I try and get him to talk he mumbles and avoids me and I just /know/ he did something bad and..." He starts looking at Krug devilishly, "I just /know/ that he'd talk if /you/ asked him..."

Action: Try and get Krug to get the info from the man. Maybe using some intimidation tactic Razz
_________________
--
It can be shown that there are no boring numbers. Maths freakin' rocks ^_^

One Hundred Hundreds, A Blog On The Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Are you sure it was the innkeeper you saw? Could it have been anyone else?" she asked, tilting her head. The innkeeper was not a suspect in her eyes. He ran this place, she doubted he would cause trouble with the sherif and risk the inn gaining a reputation for theft.

"Also, could you tell me what you were doing at the time? From what I recall the theft took place after dark, not a common time for people to be wandering the hallways...."
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turning her attention to the line of suspects Leoric aproches Estle as she had been very quiet this whole time.

"Excuse me but could you tell me where you were last night and if you have any infmation to add, remember anything you offer could help to clear your name"

......................................
Action:in a friendly way question Estle ,trying to gain her trust rather than accuse her.
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allistaire asks Krug to assist him in getting information out of Lorkyhay. Krug remains silent.

Rhea questions Jobe further. He replies, rather sheepishly
"I was going to my room, but I don't really know what he was doing. I'd forgotten about the entire thing until I learnt of the crime this morning"
(D20 -> 13 + 7 Sense motive = 20)

Estle answers Leoric in a croaky voice.
"I wasn't even here last night. Think back, I assume you were here. Do you recall seeing me?"
Leoric didn't get a good look at everyone in the room the night before, but does not recall seeing her then.

Kaala, Aron and Krug do nothing.

CURRENT SITUATION:
Jobe had no idea what the innkeeper had been doing the night prior.
Estle wasn't in the inn the night before, as far as Leoric can recall.

_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 3815
Location: On a quest to find something very precious.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aron thanks Dr Phineas for the information and walks over to Rhea.

"I was talking to Dr Phiness, he though he saw Allistaire whit the dagger last night but it seems he was inebriated and only dreamed it.

I don't believe he holds any more information"




Action: giving what she has learned to Rhea (and thous in ear shot)
_________________
Watashi Wa Nekomata

Play Star Trek Online or Star Citizen? The Ausmonauts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm now that I think of it I can't remember seeing her at all.
to Estle " then why are you even in this line up Estle?? "

..........................
Action: just talking
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea nods, "Thank you for your help. If you remember anything else please let me know."

She then turns to face Aron, who had approached her to share what she had learnt. "I am glad to hear it, though I know Allistaire would not have commited such an act. I am still worried that we have not discovered much in our search, there is still no knife and our list of suspects has not been officially shortened." She sighed softly "Keep asking questions, we may yet be able to unravel this mystery."

Noticing Kaala keeping to herself, Rhea made her way over to the elf. "The sooner we solve this dissapearance, the sooner we can leave the confines of this inn. If you do not wish to speak to those present, you may want to to head up to Cage's room. There were a few strange marks I found, but I could not make any sence of them. Perhaps you will have better luck than I? Just be careful on your way in, there was a strange substance on the floor and I wouldn't want you to slip."
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Estle replies to Leoric with
"Your guess is as good as mine." She leaves it at that.

CURRENT SITUATION:
Nothing new, except that Estle does not know why she was selected as a suspect.

_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:      

Page 6 of 7


Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum