Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The Dodgy/Bad Things Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151 ... 163, 164, 165  Next
The Dodgy/Bad Things Thread
Author
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My day at Supanova Perth was quite disappointing...
Firstly I wasn't able to get there until just after the signing session with Tiffany Grant and Yuko Miyamura so I didn't bother to take any of my DVD slicks etc. I had no idea there were going to have multiple sessions during the day.
So later in the day I walked past the Madman booth again and saw they were signing again, so I thought I might just buy another copy of 2.22 on BD and get it signed but of course they weren't letting any more people into the line. I was then told to come back in half an hour. So I eventually head back there(it was around 2:30) and they then said the next session would now be at 4:00pm but I had to leave...

It's not the end of the world or anything but it was mighty disappointing.
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
When they tell you to 'come back in 30 minutes', you never leave. It's just a ploy to make you go away.
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I know that now... Razz
krysinello
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have troubles waking up, takes 8 alarms usually to wake me over a 30 minute period.

Anyways my dodgy today was a car crash that happened out the front at 8:55am...

I had driving lessons at 9:00am (finally working on my license... yeah it's late in coming).

I think this is a sign (first time I drove a car, it broke down and had to be towed), so my confidence was a little shot, now this.
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
krysinello wrote:
I had driving lessons at 9:00am (finally working on my license... yeah it's late in coming).

Mate, I've had my learner's permit for a couple of years and have only done about 25 hours of the requisite 100 hours so I wouldn't worry. Razz
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CG wrote:

Mate, I've had my learner's permit for a couple of years and have only done about 25 hours of the requisite 100 hours so I wouldn't worry. Razz

Really? I was able to tackle all 120 hours needed on my learner's license in less than twelve months, and then pass my provisional license test during the recent flooding in NSW (it started right in the middle of my test).
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It took me ages to even get to 50 hours but when the only person that could drive with me that was convienent was my mum and she was working every day at the time.

Though once they brought in the whole 25 and over don't need to do log book requirements or hours, i was cheerin' Very Happy of course, i'm still on my L's currently but not for much longer Razz
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
OniV2 wrote:
Really? I was able to tackle all 120 hours needed on my learner's license in less than twelve months, and then pass my provisional license test during the recent flooding in NSW (it started right in the middle of my test).

Don't get much of a chance to drive and don't really have much motivation I guess.

Dad is a psycho when teaching you how to drive. For encouragement you get told how you're going to get hit and killed by a truck, to teach he just screams louder and you get directions like "pull up near the tree" despite the fact there is a million trees. So yeah, tend not to go with him much. Razz He did lighten up a bit once my brother was getting close to the end of his though but I'm still not too keen on it haha.

Mum is too often sick or just couldn't be bothered, I don't have a car myself so even I was to get my license I can't drive which doesn't help with motivation and, to be perfectly honest, driving isn't all that hard so I get bored of going around the same suburbs over and over 'cause my parents aren't keen on taking me in "traffic" (ie a road with more than one car on it).

So yeah, a bit of a pain. Turn 21 this year too. Razz
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My mother was different, she preferred to get it out of the way rather than putting it off. I don't have a father, and my mother works most of the time, so we'd just end up going on hour long trips on weekend. I think I ploughed through my first 60 hours in the first three months. All my mother really needed to do was show me how to properly accelerate the car from first gear without stalling. We got a driving instructor in to show me how to properly park, check my blind spot and the such.

I now have my Ps, but I don't own a car (and I live by myself), so I don't drive much these days. However, I can if I want to though, which was the whole point of getting me onto my Ps.
krysinello
Kuu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
In my case, we've never had a good car. Old car was a manual and I dunno how it was road worthy but yeah. So many problems, didn't want to learn in it. We have a newish auto car now.
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The other problem for me is the car too. Used to learn in my brothers car (he'd bought my parents old car and learned in that) but ever since he's got his P plates he's never home or won't let me drive or it's broken. And I think most of the problems with Dad stems from the fact I'm driving his car. Razz

In other news, one of my orders hasn't shown up. The parcel delivery people in my area are cheezels though so they've probably **** up somewhere. Contacted the company I bought the stuff from though so hopefully something can be sorted.

I WANT LUCKY STAR! D:
Spritza
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My little toe hurts : (

Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had my learners for 2 years and didn't have to record the hours that I drove because if I did I am pretty sure that I didn't have the number of hours that my sister needs who is currently on her learners.

My cat keeps crying every single morning when she is locked in the laundry and its interupting my sleep every single day and I am sick of it but not sure what to do to make her stop. She doesn't cry when she is in the same room as me but she likes to play with everything which makes just as much noise as her crying. The longest I have put up with her crying is currently at 5 hours, seems that she is building up her endurance to cry longer. She gets into everything as well, I need to buy a container to put her food in because she opens up the cupboard that I keep her food in and feed herself throughout the night going through her food faster then I should be going through it.
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CG wrote:
In other news, one of my orders hasn't shown up. The parcel delivery people in my area are cheezels though so they've probably **** up somewhere. Contacted the company I bought the stuff from though so hopefully something can be sorted.

I WANT LUCKY STAR! D:

Turned up today haha. Less ragey. Razz

In other news, had to get an MRI today. Quite an unpleasant experience. Luckily, I was only in the machine from waist down so my claustrophobia wasn't such a problem.

Problem was more because of the dodgy muscles in my left knee and leg. They kept on spasming because of how I had to have my leg sit - I kept on getting told to calm down. Was pretty much done when my knee involuntarily shot up for a split second but it was enough to ruin the last scan haha.
shane1000
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My best friends dad died which is pretty sad, knew him for a while as well =/.

http://pokemonblogger.com/forums/

;D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spritza
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been feeling a little off for the past few days.
Also been dreaming about work, I'm sure that's not a good sign.

speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dream about work on a near regular basis, though I think it's a relatively normal thing unless work itself drives you crazy.
Spritza
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems weird to me as I'm dreaming about current work (aka at work as if it was just another day) It makes sleep feel redundant! Razz

HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a very nasty cold at the moment. Rather stupidly I tried to go to work anyway, and collapsed on the train.
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Spritza wrote:
It seems weird to me as I'm dreaming about current work (aka at work as if it was just another day) It makes sleep feel redundant! Razz

I've had nights like that too, then at the end of your shift the next day or when you wake up you go "So was that in the dream or did i do that?" lol
zeonezeonly
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have gotten a random Invoice from JAA that i have no idea what its for Confused pain in the arse cose i have stuff almost ready for shipment but i dont actually know how much its meant to cost but im pretty sure it shouldnt be that much Confused
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, it turns out it's a chest infection I've got, with a risk of pneumonia.
Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Spritza wrote:

I have had that as well, especially when I was doing carrot sorting. Would work 6am - 6pm come home have dinner, fall asleep and dream about working and then go to work from 6am - 6pm. Felt like all I was doing was working during that point.

Had to travel for work today but couldn't take the car that I normally do because it had its window smashed in, mirror broken off and cd player smashed up Sad had to use another car in the work fleet.
Spritza
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Get well soon HB!!!
No one said it last time and you got even more sick Sad

Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Take it easy HB and I hope you feel better soon!

Play Star Trek Online or Star Citizen? The Ausmonauts!
krysinello
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pants ripped while playing Ping Pong at a family friends 90th... Luckily mum had an emergency sewing kit.
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Found out that I'm getting one 4 hour shift for the next fortnight. Cool, I'll totally be able to make do with the $80. Smile (As in that's the only shift I have for the fortnight...)

That, and for some reason a gagagoogoo Maccas hadn't charged me until today (I bought the Maccas Monday) so now I'm officially negative $4. Sad Checked my account and I still had a sufficient amount in the available balance so it's come out of nowhere. *sigh*
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Had an evening shift Wednesday that was supposed to two hours turn into three hours (was informed that it would be paid for four hours minimum) and stayed up afterwards for several hours followed by a call Thursday morning that woke me up at 0830 asking me to be in ASAP for a shift lasting until 1630, but when I had been at work a while was told that it would be finishing at 2200 Sad .

I didn't recover on Friday (no work but other appointments) and finally had a long sleep Friday night to Saturday...

Only 14 hours paid work next week /-:
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A friend of mine lost her job today. If anyone knows of any web design jobs going around the Wollongong(sp?) area, I'd be appreciative to know about them. She's just bought a new car, etc, and I'd hate to see her life wrecked because of her zealot bosses' felt like paying out on her like the self-important minor demigods that they are. Evil or Very Mad
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well... I still feel awful, for all I've been coughing up the last few days I still have a lungfull of crap, and my doctor's still concerned about pneumonia. Chest X-rays and blood tests tomorrow.
Tachikoma
Shiki Tohno

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
At work I inherited a fragile server to look after. The whole thing is held together by string, duct tape and a series of dodgy hacks. I haven't got much info to go in with. Worst of all, the server is mission critical, with sensitive data on it. No solid plan on how to approach fixing it, without taking the whole place down. Fun times ahead...
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh depression, thou art a heartless b*tch. It's like it goes, "Hey, we heard that you're having a hard enough time at the moment, so here's another bucketload of misery."
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had this weird feeling in the left side of head the last few days. It doesn't hurt. It feels sort of numb.
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, I managed to throw up at the physio today. First visit too. *sigh*

Didn't even do a whole lot either. Just a few stretches, she did a bit of a massage and I just hopped on a bike while she wrote out the instructions. Was fine with the exercise until I hopped of the bike and started walking and then the room started swimming around. The problem is I don't eat or drink in the morning so that's why.

Now I just look like a giant girl who can't exercise. Sad
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
About to go to an all night DVD marathon on little sleep, and feeling a tiny bit off (not bad enough to ruin my night though).

I wasn't worried about the sleep because I had set out a time in the afternoon to take a nap but I got too distracted by a game and lost all of my nap time so gave up as 30 minutes won't do much (Yes, I got distracted by Monsters Inc on PS2. Don't judge me D: )

Meh I guess I've run on less sleep before I'm sure I can manage. And besides, Pizza and sugary drinks will probably wake me up in no time Razz

My main fear is embarrassing myself with my problem of talking to myself in my sleep >.< (which is why I never sleep at sleepovers but this time I'll kinda have to)

Oh my other fear is my friends deciding to watch a terrible movie Razz which is why I always have my Bag-O-Films handy at DVD marathons
Andy_ubio
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Woke up this morning with cold. Crying or Very sad
Work sucked! I didnt do much cos i felt like death and ended up thinking i couldnt be bothered, so went home early... Im so having a sicky tomorrow.
Kimura
BT

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Andy_ubio wrote:
Woke up this morning with cold. Crying or Very sad
Work sucked! I didnt do much cos i felt like death and ended up thinking i couldnt be bothered, so went home early... Im so having a sicky tomorrow.

Sad How you feeling today bro?
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kind of sick of the random sleeping pattern i've had the past few days.

Saturday Night/Sunday Morning I only slept for an hour, thus being awake from midnight, having work at 8am till 3pm and back to bed at 5:30pm, woke up at 11pm, ended up sleeping again at around 7am after going to bed at about 4am, woke up at 4pm and was awake still a 8am yesterday, decided to sleep and got up at 2:30pm.

Last night I went to bed at about 10:30, woke up at 3:30am or so and been awake since, thank goodness i only have a 4 hour shift today but even then I don't start till 11am =_=

Have to find some kind of sleeping remedy that'll knock me out for a night and hopefully get my sleeping back in order.

On another note on Sunday morning when I started my shift, my right foot started being a little sore but progressively getting worse over time on shift and by the end could hardly put weight on it.

On the right side of said foot just before the heel section there is some kind of small localized soreness/pain. It's totally fine if I don't walk on it, as was the case on monday where I was barely walking at all but within about 10-15 minutes at my mum's house yesterday walking around i was starting to hobble again, so gotta get into the docs at some point this week I hope.
Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I could barly walk Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. I stood on a thorny plant and even though the thorn got my toe my whole foot was numb. Second time I have stood on that plant and same thing has happened last time as well. Foot still sore but at least I can walk properly now. Woke up with a headache this morning that made me feel sick and pain killers took a long time to kick in so stayed home from work sick today.
Andy_ubio
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kimura wrote:
[..]
Sad How you feeling today bro?

I'm a lot better today buddy. Smile
I was still pretty average yesterday, ended up sleeping most of the day away... But woke up a lot better because of it.
Definitely on the mend today!
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'M TOO DUMB TO FIND OTHER WORDS TO USE SO I USE THE F WORD unknown numbers. Got woken up this morning by a call at about quarter past 8 by an unknown number. Thought it might've been work but the number always shows up.

Probably a telemarketer or something. Mad
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The train I was originally going to catch into Sydney was early, so I missed it. Now I have to wait until 11:40AM until the next train, which will get me to Town Hall an hour after I had originally planned.
~:Sakura:~
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sitting at work so exhausted I might flop over and die.
AAAAAAAAUGH. Shocked

Can't wait for shift to end!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The computer I was repairings hard drive failed before I could backup the data Sad now all it does it clicks. It had a virus on it and I wanted to make sure that it was removed before I did my backup so not to infect my system.
~:Sakura:~
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Feball3001 wrote:
The computer I was repairings hard drive failed before I could backup the data Sad now all it does it clicks. It had a virus on it and I wanted to make sure that it was removed before I did my backup so not to infect my system.

Could try a restorer app. But usually for an entire hard-drive wipe, it could take a day to fully restore the thing. 24hrs worth of 'wait and hope it works' makes it unappealing...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had a HDD that started to click as well and it sort of fixed itself. One of the more unusual things I've experienced with computers. It was far healthier after it chucked it's wobbly too. Confused
Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My old external hard drive which clicked would only work at a certain angle. Had no luck getting access the hard drive of the computer I am fixing. Hopefully will have better luck tommorrow.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Head's playing up, I feel dizzy, I have tingles in my fingers and toes, and I'm tired. Very tired.
Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still cannot access the hard drive I was working on, have taken it into work to see if I have better luck on a different computer.
Kimura
BT

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darth Tallis wrote:
Head's playing up, I feel dizzy, I have tingles in my fingers and toes, and I'm tired. Very tired.

Sad Hope you're feeling better soon

Page 150 of 165

Jump to: