Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Pathfinder - Into the Haunted Forest - Game Thread



Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Pathfinder - Into the Haunted Forest - Game Thread
Author
Message
kbz333
Kiichi Goto


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 5548
Location: lost in my own mind

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Listening to Rhea, Kaala sighs deeply. "He might not like it if i leave, I'm in enough trouble as it is already, but if you insist..."

She heads up to Cages' room with Ghost behind her. Pausing at the door, she looks into the room and sees both the strange markings on the windowsill and the substance on the floor.

Moving carefully towards the substance on the floor, she leans in for a closer look.

ACTION - Trying to identify the substance on the floor.
_________________
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment - Babylon 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looking around the others all were engaged in the investigation, It was time to let cage know what she had lernt, although not alot of usefull info he would need to hear it all to put the facts together.

Walking over to Cage "It's not much help but this is what I know so far"

...................................
Action: tells Cage the info she has
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari


Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 3414
Location: Galactica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krug goes upstairs with Kaala, ignoring her when she stops and continuing on.

"Ho, what Krug see here?"

Upon further inspection, it proves to be some form of footprint. But what kind?

Krug leans in closer to find out.

ACTION: I think it's a Survival check on the footprints, although I could be wrong.

OOC: You can tell that I'm in a rush, can't you? Krug's gotten through an entire post without wantonly breaking something.
_________________
Fight for love like a soldier.


Last edited by Soul Master Kaze on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kaala and Krug head upstairs.

Walking right past the substance that Rhea referred to (which was outside the room), Kaala spots the footprints and the markings on the windowsill.
(D20 -> 11 + 6 Perception = 17)

Krug sees strange markings near the window which appear to be the footprints of a tiny creature.
(D20 -> 13 - 1 Perception = 12)

Leoric speaks to Cage, telling her what little she knows. He nods, deep in thought.

CURRENT SITUATION:
Kaala misinterpreted the location of the mystery substance, though she found the footprints and markings.
Krug found the footprints. They are tiny footprints.


OOC:
Mystery substance was actually outside the room. Quoted from earlier mod:
Quote:
Rhea heads upstairs to Cage's room. She finds a small, dried, odorous stain in the floor in the corner near Cage's door in the hallway leading to his room.
Altered action to involve walking into the room and spotting the other markings.
_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea watched Kaala walk away, glad to see that the elf had taken her advice. Hopefully she would be able to understand the strange markings. Kaala was also followed by Krug, who had completly ignored young Allistaire who had been pawing at him with an enthusiastic grin. How rude!

Rhea approached Allistaire and spoke softly "Sometimes I wonder if he can understand common at all..." She flashed him a small grin. "What did you need his help with anyway? Can I assist?"
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari


Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 3414
Location: Galactica

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Krug see footprints! Krug wonder where footprints go!"

ACTION: Krug attempts to track the footprints.
_________________
Fight for love like a soldier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kbz333
Kiichi Goto


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 5548
Location: lost in my own mind

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seeing that she found the footprints and not the substance that Rhea spoke of, Kaala looked at the footprints more closely. "I wonder what creature made these." she whispered to herself and trying to remember if she might have a clue as to what made them.

Ghost sniffed at them trying to follow the scent.

ACTION - Kaala - knowledge on the footprints. Ghost - push to track.
_________________
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment - Babylon 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Both Kaala and Krug see that the footprints lead to the window. They appear to be the footprints of a small humanoid.


CURRENT SITUATION:
The footprints lead out the window. I shudder to think what Krug will do with this knowledge...


OOC:
I actually screwed up the footprints, so am kind of ad-libbing them (and not making checks due to having taken too long here already) Razz
I'm thinking of stopping the RP once the dagger has been found, due to apparent player (and, tbh, GM) disinterest.
_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea stares at Alistaire, who hadn't moved a muscle since Krug had walked off. Was he really that dissapointed? Had he even heard her? Or perhaps he had, and just did not care? But why... they had been quite friendly up until this point. Maybe he didn't want her butting into the conversation, despite it ending with the oaf's dissapearance.

"I...I'm sorry for intruding..." she said in a hushed whisper, quickly backing away from him. Looking around, it seemed as if no one else had moved for a while either. Had this place been put under a curse? Was she in the goddess's watchful eye, protected from the darkness that lurked here? Had they been petrified?

Rhea backed against a wall and started to cast a spell, hoping to detect what magic was at work here. If she knew what was happening, she might be able to help.

Action: Detect Magic, to determine why none of her party have moved.
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
At a loss for what else she could do to help Leoric address Cage again, he may have infomation she did not .he was lost in thought.
" do you want me to press anyone about there stories?"

..............................
Action talk to cage

OOC: I think everyone has been questioned allready? My chr found out nothing usefull so wont be much help sorry
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kbz333
Kiichi Goto


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 5548
Location: lost in my own mind

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turning to Krug, Kaala says to him "The footprints belong to a small humanoid. Do you want to go outside with me to try and track it or distract Cage whilst I sneak out with some of the others?"

Kaala and Ghost head downstairs with Ghost heading for the front door to track the scent of the creature. Seeing Rhea occupied, she goes to Leoric and informs her of what she found.

"So, do you want to come with?" she says to Leoric.

ACTION - uses push on Ghost. Asks Krug what he wants to do and asks Leoric if she go outside to follow the tracks.
_________________
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment - Babylon 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 3815
Location: On a quest to find something very precious.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seeing Ghost heading for the door again, Aron calls over to Kaala. "I think the Sheriff will notice"

She then heads upstairs to check the rooms for clues.



Action: reminding Kaala not to go outside and heading upstairs to check a room for clues.. (the suspect mercenary if she would know which that is.. otherwise random one that wasn't used by the sheriff or another member of her party)


OOC: Sorry.. it's not lack of interest as much as being stumped for what to do, meow.
_________________
Watashi Wa Nekomata

Play Star Trek Online or Star Citizen? The Ausmonauts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari


Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 3414
Location: Galactica

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krug jumps out the window after the footprints, continuing to track them.
_________________
Fight for love like a soldier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea detects a faint glow of magic coming from the direction of the stables. She cannot determine what it is.
(D20 -> 14)

Cage answers Leoric with "What have you learned so far?"

Ghost is confused by the scent of the creature, smelling it all around the inn. Ghost fails to open the door.

Aron heads upstairs, and finds a wet, odorous patch in the corner of the hallway next to the entance of the Sheriff's room.

Krug jumps out the window, and sees that the footprints lead toward the stables.

_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea notices an essence of magic drifting from towards the stables. Interesting, perhaps this was related.

Looking around she noticed that the place seemed a little more lively, though Aron had dissapeared entirely. But she had just been there a second ago!!!! Did she have a potion of invisibility? Strange, very strange.

Noticing the sherif talking to Leoric, Rhea uses this chance to attempt slip out the door unnoticed so she can investigate the trail of magic.

Action: Stealth check?
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Not much I am affraid, Sara the serving girl spotted both Grelm and Huckaby outside your room last night at diffrent times but that didin't sound suspisious to me as your room is in the main guest area and we all walked past it at some point to get to our rooms.
I am confused why Estele is even here , I can't recall seeing her before this morning when you brought us down to the main room and she said she was not here last night? why is she part of this serch?
I havent herd what anyone else has discovered"


She was about to tell Cage about Rhea's comment on what she found upstairs, when she thought she saw her making her way quietly towards the door,Its was hard to tell from this angle but mabye it was best not to mention it incase he then looked for her.

...................................................
Replys to Cage
OOC sry KBZ was talking to Cage so best not to respond =P
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari


Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 3414
Location: Galactica

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krug follows the footprints towards the stable. He goes inside the stable.
_________________
Fight for love like a soldier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kbz333
Kiichi Goto


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 5548
Location: lost in my own mind

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Noting that Leoric had Cage occupied, Kaala sneaks out the door behind Rhea with Ghost moving out ahead, scenting the track which appeared to lead to the stables.

ACTION - Stealth - sneaking out with Ghost, heading to the stables.
_________________
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment - Babylon 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 3815
Location: On a quest to find something very precious.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aron takes a close look at the strange resadue she found to try and identify it

Action: Examining the odorous patch trying to identify the substance or the smell.
_________________
Watashi Wa Nekomata

Play Star Trek Online or Star Citizen? The Ausmonauts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea attempts to slip out the door unnoticed.
(D20 -> 6 + 1 Stealth = 7)

Cage notices her trying to leaves, muttering "Excuse me a moment, ma'am" to Leoric, he walks over to the door, planting himself firmly in the path of Rhea, Kaala and Ghost.

"And where do you ladies think you are going?" he asks.

~~~

Aron examines the odorous patch, and determines it to be urine.
(D20 -> 12)

~~~

Krug enters the stable. He sees a an interior half-wall covered on top with hay-infused mud.

CURRENT SITUATION:
Rhea failed to sneak out the door. Kaala, being behind Rhea, also got caught. Cage has caught them both, and is blocking their exit, asking what they were doing. As a result, Leoric's action has been postponed (can be changed)
Aron discovered the stain to be urine.
Krug has found a half-wall inside the stable.

_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"I sense something in the stables.... something which has magical properties... it may be the knife... it may be a clue..." she replied, almost as if she was in a trance. She paused briefly, appearing a little more calm now, then continued.

"I ask your permission to seek out an answer. It feels to be close by, perhaps the stables. Should you grant my leave, this would be my destination and I would return to report what I learnt. However, I can understand if you do not trust me, if this is the case I request an escort, whether it be yourself or someone you trust..."
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 3815
Location: On a quest to find something very precious.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Taking note of the urine but not quite sure what to make of it Aron heads into the sheriffs room to look around.


Action: heads into the Sheriff's room to have a good look round.
_________________
Watashi Wa Nekomata

Play Star Trek Online or Star Citizen? The Ausmonauts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kbz333
Kiichi Goto


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 5548
Location: lost in my own mind

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kaala also answered Cage with "I have determined that the tracks are from a humanoid and Ghost is currently tracking that smell. We need to get outside to be able to track it properly. And as Rhea stated, come with or send some along with if you don't trust us."

ACTION - explaining to Cage why they need to leave the inn.
_________________
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment - Babylon 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari


Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 3414
Location: Galactica

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Krug find trampoline!" Krug cries, having no idea what a trampoline is, all thoughts of the footsteps forgotten. He climbs the half-wall and starts jumping up and down on top of the hay-infused mud.

ACTION: Krug stomps on top of the mud, trying to make it cave in. Assuming, of course, that Krug can get on top of it in the first place.
_________________
Fight for love like a soldier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watching Cage aproch the other made Leoric wince, this could get nasty. Cage already disliked there group and had been mad the first time we tried to leave.

She decided to move closer and get ready incase there was a fight and she was needed.
........................
Move to hearing distance of cage Rhea and Kaala
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aron enters the Sheriff's room. She sees an open window next to a dishevelled bed, and some footprints on the ground near the window.

~~~

Cage answers Rhea.
"You may take a look, but return once you've seen what there is to. I hope I don't have to point out the consequences of you running off at this point in time."

He answers Kaala with "You're not going anywhere - you've caused enough trouble."
He steps aside to let Rhea pass, but purposefully blocking Kaala's path.

~~~

Krug manages to climb up onto the half wall, and is promptly attacked by an owl. Krug notices it before it swoops him (D20 -> 13 - 1 Perception = 12). (Result: no surprise round)

MAP:

Unfortunately, the mapping app I use does not have suitable tiles for a stable, so I had to improvise.
The half-wall is denoted by the leaves.
The horses are, oddly enough, horses.
The grates on the ground denote where the door is. It is a double door. The rest of the stable is walled.
The bat looking thing is actually an owl, if you look really closely. (And close your eyes. And imagine really, really hard).
The owl is actually in the same square as Krug, but for visibility sake shown one square downwards. This is due to the owl being a TINY creature.


CURRENT SITUATION:
Aron found footprints and an open window. Nothing else of note has been seen yet, but further inspection must be done.
Rhea has been granted permission to check out the stable. It takes two mods to reach the stable from the inn's front door.
Kaala has NOT been granted permission to leave the building due to her past transgressions.
Allistaire is spinning on his head.
Krug has come under attack from an owl.

_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Could I accompny Rhea Cage? 2 sets of eyes are always better than one. If you don't mind Rhea that is?"

Having been close enougth to overhear the conversation this looked like the best cause of action, and if someone was lurking out there.....

....................................................
Action: aske to go look outside too.

OOC: moved into hearing range last move so I guess this is ok
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea bowed her head. "Thank you sir, I will report back on what I find." It seemed she was allowed to go, but Kaala was not. Kaala was still under house arrest after the incident last night, so it made sence for her to stay under Cage's watchful eye. She doubted he would be able to accompany her along either, due to the number of suspects who were inside the inn which he could not be left unsupervised.

Catching Leoric's comment as she departed, she replied softly "If the gentleman grants you permission to leave the inn, you are more than welcome to follow." Unfortunetly Rhea could not wait, she was worried about what this magic presence might be, so set off towards the stable.

Action: Moving towards stable
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 3815
Location: On a quest to find something very precious.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Considering the room Aron heads over to the bead to give it a thara inspection.

Action: inspects the sheriffs bed closely for clues.

OOC: Not sure if I'm wasting time or might find something new.
_________________
Watashi Wa Nekomata

Play Star Trek Online or Star Citizen? The Ausmonauts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aron finds markings on the Sheriff's bed, near his pillow, made up of short, straight lines. These marks are slightly tacky to the touch.
(D20 -> 13 - 1 Wisdom)
She doesn't learn anything more about these marks.

~~~

Cage does not allow Leoric to pass. "You tried to escape earlier, ma'am. You're not going anywhere until this is resolved."
Rhea heads towards the stables.

~~~

COMBAT:
Init Order:
Owl (17)
Krug: (12 + 1 Init) 13

The owl attempts to swipe Krug with both of its talons, striking him once.
Krug loses 2 health.
Uncharacteristically, Krug does not fight back.

CURRENT SITUATION:
Leoric has been denied permission to leave, being under suspicion of trying to escape earlier.
Aron has discovered markings, though no new information was found.
Rhea will reach the stable next mod.
Krug has been hit by the owl. Krug has 5 HP left.
The map remains unchanged.

_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari


Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 3414
Location: Galactica

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krug fumbles at his head, feeling the talons from the owl rake across his skin.

"Krug mean to do that!" he shouts to nobody in particular.

He draws his greatsword and swings at the owl.

ACTION: Draw greatsword (move) and attack the owl (standard).
_________________
Fight for love like a soldier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
As Rhea draws closer, she approaches with caution, not knowing what to expect when she arrives. She was aware that no footsteps followed her, it seemed that no one else had been allowed out of the inn. Fingers crossed she did not run into any trouble, though with Sarenrae's blessings she was sure to be fine.

Action: Approaching stable
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea reaches the stable doors, witnessing krug and the owl doing battle.

The owl attacks Krug, this time connecting with both talons. Krug takes 3 damage.
Krug draws his blade, and swings at the owl, hitting it. Hard.
(Attack roll: D20 -> 18 + 1 BAB + 2 Str mod = 21)
(Damage roll: not required)
The owl dies.

~~~

Back in the tavern, Lorkyhay screams, seemingly randomly, in grief, and charges past Cage to the stable. Cage follows.

CURRENT SITUATION:
Rhea witnessed Krug demolish an owl.
Krug has 2 HP left, and gained 135 XP.
Lorkyhay and Cage are running to the stables, they will arrive next mod.
If anyone else decides to follow them, they will arrive next mod as well.


OOC:
Didn't need to roll damage for Krug, since his minimum damage with that sword would still kill the owl Razz
_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea froze as she witnessed Krug destroying an owl. An owl! It was hardly a threat, was he just hunting it for fun? What was he doing here anyway? He hadn't been given permission, though she hadn't seen him leave the inn either. Strange, very strange.

"You should return to the inn at once!" she said, trying to add some authority to her tone, though with a naturally soft voice it didn't come out with as much power as she would have liked. "I don't know how you got out here, but if you don't hurry back I'm sure you will get into even more trouble..."

Rhea turned away from him, a little intimidated by the large an standing before her holding a blood drenched sword. To take her mind off the owl and to refocus herself on the task at hand, she began to cast her magic once more, trying to determine the general location of the magic she had sensed earlier.

--------

Action: Detect magic to find source
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
kbz333
Kiichi Goto


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 5548
Location: lost in my own mind

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kaala jumped at the sound of the scream. 'What in the name of the goddess?' she thought to herself.

Taking the chance she and Ghost slip out after Cage and Lorkyhay. She then gives the command to Ghost to scent out what he was tracking before. She noticed that Cage and Lorkyhay were heading to the stable.

ACTION - slipped outside and used push on Ghost to track the scent from upstairs.
_________________
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment - Babylon 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It all happened so fast , first the scream then everyone was running. she must hae gone on automatic because before she realized what she was doing her feet were pounding on the dirt heading for the stable with the others.

............................
Action: Follow cage
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 3815
Location: On a quest to find something very precious.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aron considers what she had found as she walled over to the widow following the footprints.. she looks out of the window to see if there's aything of interest.


Action: goes over to and looks out of the window.

OOC: *fewef* I thought I'd missed it. Razz
_________________
Watashi Wa Nekomata

Play Star Trek Online or Star Citizen? The Ausmonauts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krug ignores Rhea, standing there dumbly, as she turns and attempts to Detect Magic.
(D20 -> 1 Critical Fail)

She remembers the trail of magic leading to the stable, but when she attempts to redetect it, a small shockwave appears at her fingertips, knocking her over. She can tell she simly miscast the spell, and puts it down to the shock of Krug being... well... more Kruglike than previously demonstrated!

~~~

Aron looks out the window and sees Lorkyhay running towards the stable, crying out loudly, being closely followed by Cage, Leoric, Kaala and Ghost.

~~~

Kaala follows Ghost, who tracks the scent to the stable.

The group barges in to the stable, as Lorkyhay runs over to the corpse of the owl, sobbing loudly.

Noone witnessed Rhea's magical fumble, but she is sitting on the ground.

CURRENT SITUATION:
The miscast from Hell strikes Rhea, knocking her off her feet. Noone saw it - including Krug.
Allistaire remains in the inn, spinning on his head.
Aron remains in the inn, seeing the group run to the stable.
Lorkyhay is crying over the dead owl.

_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea looked a little stunned, what had happened? Had she lost her touch? She sighed softly, remaining where she fell. Not wanting to try again in case she screwed up worse, she figured she would have tosearch for the cause of the magical disturbance the old fashion way, by looking around. However, she was still intimidated by Krug who had not responded at all, in fact he hadn't moved since he cleaved the owl. It was....creepy...

Next thing she knew, someone had run past her and had collapsed beside the fallen bird, weeping. "Was that your pet?" she asked softly, looking up from the ground at the crying man. "Krug here was the one who took a blade to your bird, though I do not know why he would do such a thing..." She had witnessed it for herself and was not going to lie about what happened. Krug had been the one to end this creatures life, and the owner had a right to know what happened.
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hearing what Rhea had said Leoric wondered how Lorkyhay could have known the bird was injired when he was inside the inn at the time.

Turning slowely around to take in the details of the barn,was the dagger here or someone hiding?
.........................................
Action: look around a bit
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 3815
Location: On a quest to find something very precious.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seeing the group running Aron realizes something's a foot, she considers the front door for a moment but not wanting to miss the action she quickly gauges the height and jumps down from the window.

Action: Jumps down from the window
_________________
Watashi Wa Nekomata

Play Star Trek Online or Star Citizen? The Ausmonauts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Leoric searches around, but finds nothing but hay, people and horse dung.
(D20 -> 5)

Lorkyhay, between sobs, answers Rhea with
"I'm a sorceror. Scutter was my familiar. He probably attacked the big man there when he climbed the wall he was using as his perch...
I'll confess... I stole the dagger with his help! here, take it back!"
He scrambles along the bottom of the half-wall, and retrieves Brightflame.

Cage confiscates the blade from Lorkyhay, patting him on the shoulder.
"You've been punished enough for your crime. You're free to go"

He turns to the rest of the group.
"All of you with the exception of Kaala and Krug are free to leave."
Grabbing Kaala and Krug, he begins to lead them back to the inn so they can have a chat regarding the other issue. Neither resist.

~~~~

Aron jumps out of the window, landing safely in time to see Krug and Kaala being led back by Cage. Ghost is following them.

~~~

Upon entering the inn Cage announces to the remaining people "The dagger has been found. Grelm, you have a little meeting with me now. The rest of you are all free to leave. Thankyou for your cooperation."

Most people leave the inn after this announcement, however Allistaire remains, continuing to spin on his head.

~~~

Cage takes Krug, Kaala and Grelm aside.

"All of you, state why you should have the dagger. Silence will be an admission of having no true claim to it."

CURRENT SITUATION:
Freedom for all, although there is one loose end to tie up. This adventure is essentially finished for all but Kaala and Krug now, since we are NOT continuing into the forest, due to an increasingly obvious lack of interest.
This is Kaala and Krug's last chance to convince Cage that they deserve the dagger.

_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krug and Kaala remain silent.
Grelm simply says
"That dagger was mine. I'll admit that its a case of lost property, but I would much appreciate its return."

After a few minutes, and Krug and Kaala's continued silence, Cage comes to a decision.
He hands the dagger over to Grelm.

"You're lucky I don't arrest you all on the spot for the way you carried on last night. I'll leave it to Phineas to decide whether he'll press charges for the damage to his shroud. Now get out of my sight!"

CURRENT SITUATION:
Cage gives the dagger to Grelm, since Kaala and Krug both failed to say anything at all.
Everyone has been let go... for now.
Game Over


OOC:
If you guys like, feel free to continue RPing unmoderated. At this stage, my job ends Razz
_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:      

Page 7 of 7


Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum