Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

A Buying/Selling sub-forum?

A Buying/Selling sub-forum?
Author
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: A Buying/Selling sub-forum? Reply with quote
So yeah, what do we think? I mean, I understand that this sort of thing can be a bit iffy but I think with the community we have it'd probably work.

I know they do this on another forum I used to inhabit and it worked quite well. They had restrictions in place so that it wasn't just anybody signing up and ripping people off. I believe they used a combination of post count (which was contentious) as well as for how long they've signed up for.

Personally, I know I'd use it a bit. I've got gear that I wanna get rid of but would rather just give it away or sell it to somebody on here rather than chucking it on eBay or something.
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll support this suggestion. I've also been a member of other sites that had a buying/selling/trading subforum, and it always seems to work out fine. It just needs to be monitored often (with payments being restricted to Paypal and in-person, or something).
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't mind this idea either, it generally seems to work elsewhere but one thing to remember is this is an official forum for a company that distributes and sells their own product, so it'll be entirely up to Madman staffers to say yay or nay really.

I don't see it happening as it's more than likely outside of the scope of what Madman wants.

In the event of something turning sour, Madman would have some kind of liability seeing as it happened through their forums, unless they state that everything is done at each user's own risk and will not be held responsible or something but in the end, there are other ways of going about it.
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Obviously you'd have some form of disclaimer absolving MM of any fault if something does go wrong.

The other forum was a company forum too and they seemed to be alright with it. It was a bit different, sure, but users ended up selling older games and that sort of thing so I don't think there'd be any problems in that regard.
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd also like this, since I have a few sets that I'm sure someone here may buy but I can't advertise... However I do understand why Madman wouldn't want to do this...
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm almost positive this has come up before a few times and MadMan has said it will never happen. For both Legal and Business reasons. Yes, they are different. Razz

I think there is also a part in the T&C saying this is not allowed?

Bring Back Anime Inferno!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HeDanny wrote:
I think there is also a part in the T&C saying this is not allowed?

Yeah, it is but I was hoping they'd change their minds. Smile I do recall this coming up a few years ago now that I think about it haha.

Otherwise, being able to advertise eBay postings or something shouldn't hurt if we can't have private selling? It doesn't really affect Madman in a legal sense either I wouldn't think.
Timesplitter 01
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think only people with over 1000 posts should be able to participate. Give or take that means 200 members are able to participate.

Or 1500 posts which means 140 members are able to participate
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The legal ramifications of being able to trade is too complicated to work though. We're also a company that sells products to you the consumer so it seems a bit odd that we'd allow sharing/trading to occur in a marketplace style on our own forums.

Sorry guys, this will never happen.
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
The legal ramifications of being able to trade is too complicated to work though. We're also a company that sells products to you the consumer so it seems a bit odd that we'd allow sharing/trading to occur in a marketplace style on our own forums.

Sorry guys, this will never happen.

Thought this'd be the case. Thanks for the reply - and a definitive answer - though! Smile

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: