Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The Ultimate Fullmetal Alchemist

The Ultimate Fullmetal Alchemist
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: The Ultimate Fullmetal Alchemist Reply with quote
personally i didn,t really get into the brotherhood series because i didnt really like the way it startwed and how they got rid of the suspense and drama of the frist couple of episodes by starting with a filler and it seemed rushed for almost half the series. One night watching the old anime i got the idea that what if we took the begining 24-25 episodes of Fullmetal (2004) and combined it with brotherhood it would be the perfect anime staying true to the manga like brotherhood was supposed to be. This is just my opinion fullmetal alchemist was the first anime i ever owned and the second manga i ever read so its kinda special to me, what do you think of my Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood 2.0 idea (just an off the top of my head name)
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd been thinking of pulling out my FMA DVDs and using the first series to replace the first however-many Brotherhood episodes. The thought I'd had was to base the resulting "series" on the manga, dropping the anime-original stories and making it the most cohesive that it could be.

That'd mean losing the Tringham brothers from the first series and MacDougal from Brotherhood, but incorporating the Youswell mining town and the introduction of Yorki, plus the train incident with the guy with the automail arm.

I really should pull out the early manga volumes and the DVDs so I can make a list. Unfortuantely, I think the first series juggled with the continuity a little, so it may not match up perfectly.
Sora Lawliet
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
eventhough there would be a few things were there are gaps with alittle juggling and some profesional editing they could easily pull off something
Knight of L-sama
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Fullmetal Alchemist Reply with quote
Sora Lawliet wrote:
what if we took the begining 24-25 episodes of Fullmetal (2004) and combined it with brotherhood it would be the perfect anime

Actually the idea is not entirely without merit, though I'm not sure if it would approach the realms of practical. But its worth pointing out that the first anime adapting most of the early manga pretty well to start with they didn't want to risk putting off viewers who had already seen them so they sort of powered through to the major divergence point.
Sleepless Beauty
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My sister and I have been thinking about taking the music from the original FMA and matching it up with Brotherhood eps... we both agree that the music in Brotherhood just doesn't add the emotion that the music from FMA did.
All the ghosts that broke my heart!
Sora Lawliet
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the music in the first FMA is just ammazing
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sora Lawliet wrote:
the music in the first FMA is just ammazing

I'm trying to sort out which composer did the best music, based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fullmetal_Alchemist#CDs. Was it Michiru Oshima?
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep. Oshima did the first series and Shamballa.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: