Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Death & Rebirth/End of Evangelion movies

Death & Rebirth/End of Evangelion movies
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Death & Rebirth/End of Evangelion movies Reply with quote
Yeah I know, Manga Entertainment lost the rights to the movies a few years ago and paid 2 million USD for the licenses back in the early 2000's. But I would love to eventually see them re-released and remastered on Blu-Ray soon. I mean, we should have the right to have access to three different endings to the series right? I wish these companies, especially Gainax put their fans first for a change. Seems Madman is the only Anime company I know of that actually cares about its fanbase these days.
Sethscar
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
But alas Madman gets all of it's stuff from U.S. companies...
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sethscar wrote:
But alas Madman gets all of it's stuff from U.S. companies...

Not necessarily. We have been licensing stuff directly from Japan for quite a number of years now. We just rely on the US for dubs.

Unfortunately The EVA movies and TV series are out of print, we would love to be able to renew them, but this simply isn't possible until at the very earliest after the final renewal movie is released. We appreciate everyone's patience, we too want to be able to release these.
The_Prophet
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sad At least it's not a definite no, looks like another 2-3 year wait though. Will Madman team up again with Manga UK or USA to release the dub?
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
[..] we would love to be able to renew them, but this simply isn't possible until at the very earliest after the final renewal movie is released.
I really question Starchild/King Records (or whoever owns the international rights to licence this now) reasoning behind this. The physical home market seems to be going on a downward spiral. Is there going to be a market after the final film is released? Itís bizarre that a lot of Japanese companies seem to favour protectionism of their own internal home video market over properly licensing and distributing their works in the west.
The_Prophet
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
How come Gainax doesn't want to license it outside of Japan right now?
rainbowchild1
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i don't see why they didn't try to re-release them before the sale of the frist rebuilds, to make through market and publicity on them? why not try before all of them are release and the market falls?

plus region 4 is impossible to find on the intertnet, unless you like bootleg copies.
So the new growing fanbase is deprived of all of Neon Genesis Evangelion possibilities.
Sethscar
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are legitimate copies available online, you just have to pay a premium for them.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: