Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Arrietty UK? pfft!!!

Arrietty UK? pfft!!!
Author
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Arrietty UK? pfft!!! Reply with quote
I am a bit dissapointed that we are getting the UK version instead of the US

i was looking forward seeing Bridgit Mendler and David Henrie in it
but i dont even know any of the UK cast

Not sure ill see it now
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Let's put it this way-

The UK dub has a bunch of self respecting actors who have done some pretty good works.

The US dub has the "creative talents" of cast members of Beverly Hills Chihuahua and Wizards of Waverly place. And the trailer throws out all of the amazing soundtrack to play a pop song.

To each their own, and I'm sure the US dub won't be as horrible as I make it out to be, but I'm surprised people wouldn't prefer the UK dub without hearing either, also because it's based on a book that originates from the UK.

Either way, it's a great film and one of the better ghibli films from what I saw from someone who had the Japanese DVD- so it would be a shame for you to not see it because Madman went for the UK dub rather than the US dub.
Jaden1
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I could be wrong here, but I seem to recall Sly saying somewhere that we would be getting both versions on the DVD release..
Blue Hiker
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm guessing the US dub is owned outright by Disney, and so Madman may not have rights to it at all. The UK dub is probably the "official" one. Given the source material though, I reckon the UK dub is likely to sound more "correct".

madchild wrote:
And the trailer throws out all of the amazing soundtrack to play a pop song.

I reckon the US trailer is fantastic. It really doesn't matter that it didn't use the original soundtrack; it's an advertisement. This is normal. Honestly, the US trailer makes me want to see the film way more than the UK one.
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jaden1 wrote:
I could be wrong here, but I seem to recall Sly saying somewhere that we would be getting both versions on the DVD release..

I'd love that. If it's only one we get, then I think I'd rather settle for the UK one, but the more the merrier! Multiple dubs is the reason I still have two copies of the first 3 DBZ movies after all.

This clearly makes me the very best, like no one ever was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: