Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

When should we expect Part 5?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
When should we expect Part 5?
Author
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: When should we expect Part 5? Reply with quote
Apparently the US gets theirs in the end of July.
http://www.amazon.com/Fullmetal-Alchemist-Brotherhood-Part-Blu-ray/dp/B004W75BVU

I thought I would ask because of the massive amount of time between 2 and 3, then 3 and 4.
UncaBou
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also, will the set 5 with the box be released at the same time?
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
UncaBou wrote:
Also, will the set 5 with the box be released at the same time?

You would assume so. Volume+box releases are generally simultaneus with the volume-only release.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
We're now thinking of releasing the box with the movie instead. Make it a bit more deluxe and the actual last volume if you get where we're coming from.
UncaBou
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's not a bad idea, something I've also thought as an option but when is the movie expected? Either way I'm looking forward to something special from Madman for this special series.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice idea. That said, any chance of also getting the manga volume 11.5, being distributed at the movie? I assume it's the "manga-isation" of the story. It'd be nice to "complete" the series.
Dragon90101
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And/Or the OVAs?

The number of years it takes for the Internet to move past anything is way, way over 9000.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
We're now thinking of releasing the box with the movie instead. Make it a bit more deluxe and the actual last volume if you get where we're coming from.

In my opinion that doesn't really sound like the best idea.
Plus it also means we have to wait quite a while just to get the box D:
shane1000
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:

That sounds like a great idea ;D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
azn2newbie
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wait wait .. We're getting a box with Collection 5?

Does this include blu-ray aswell? Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
azn2newbie wrote:
Wait wait .. We're getting a box with Collection 5?

Does this include blu-ray aswell? Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Yes to the box and yes to the Blu-ray, but apparently no to the volume 5. Look for it with the movie.
Andy_ubio
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Iím in the same boat as Madchild...
I think releasing the box with the movie will be a lame idea. Funimation have said that they will be releasing it in spring(USA) next year. Which means even if they release it at the very start of their spring, so like March we still wont get it till most likely May, at the earliest April.
So if Madman decide to go ahead with this idea, it means we will have to wait almost another whole year to get the box for our FMA:B discs.
If you really wan to make it a bit more 'deluxe', why donít you release it with volume 5, like you said you would and just make it big enough to hold the movie for when it gets released... Like you did with the original Cowboy Bebop Box Set release.
That way you are almost making people buy the movie to complete the set and fill up the gap in their box. Also its not like people aren't going to buy the movie any way... FMA:B is like one of you premium and most popular releases. So I believe people will buy it not matter what.

So to some up my opinion on this matter... Stick with what you originally said and release it with collection 5, but still make it a bit more 'deluxe', by making it big enough to fit 6 discs so there is room for movie for when it gets released next year.
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd prefer a box with volume 5 as well. I don't think the movie needs to fit into the box, though I can understand why. With the first series, there wasn't room in any of the tins for the movie, and I think it looks fine on its own beside the tins (though that may be because I have the special edition which is bigger than your standard DVD case Razz).
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Count me in as someone who just wants it with volume 5, I don't want to wait another 12 months to get an artbox... Otherwise I would have just stuck with my original plans of buying the US releases.
In fact if no artbox is solicited with V5 I'm selling my Madman copies and will buy Funi's releases which come with artcards etc.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What about if we did it with the OVA?
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
What about if we did it with the OVA?

Weren't there multiple OVA's sprinkled throughout the Japanese BD releases? Would these be getting a dub?
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
As in, the OVAs as a seperate release, between collection 5 and the movie?

I don't think I really mind when the box comes, but having space for the movie (and OVAs) would be something I'd support.
Dragon90101
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think andy's idea of making it big enough for the movie when it comes out also would work well with the ova/ova's. I don't believe there are more ova's then could fit in a standard 2 bluray disc case, or in a standard slimpack dvd case. Same goes for the movie.

Of course there is always the idea of making a box for the first 5 parts, a special edition for the new movie like the first, then a tin/box that could house them all with the ova.

The number of years it takes for the Internet to move past anything is way, way over 9000.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
.... Let's be realistic here. There's going to be 1 box and 1 box only. We've decided to not do it with V5 any longer due to the impending release of the movie and future possible OVA volume. None of which are 100% set. We want the box to be able to accommodate all the volumes, so as such it's too early to tell if we did a box with V5.

So the choices really are now possible OVA or the movie.
SGD_Eirikr
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I like how conversation went to the box and skipped a timeframe for Vol5 XD

Ah, I wouldn't mind waiting until next year for the box. It IS just a box after all, and I'd rather it have the movie and OVAs like the nice box madman released last year for the first series, ovas, movie and supplementary material.
coldfire
Pants on head crazy

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
just an idea but maybe make the box with space for the ova's.
so enough room for 1-5 and movie and have an extra space for the future release or vis versus movie or ova
Even if their eyes are scorched.Even if their arms are writhing, they will never stop marching head,guided by the will'o the wisp.They will will their way and shoot at point-blak distance,the footsteps that have thrown life away, the trigger that brings death.,the 901 Anti-Tank-Trooper.
leewill
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also like the idea of getting the box sooner and leaving extra space to put the movie and/or OVA in later when they are eventually released.

If things aren't 100% set though I guess that wouldn't be very practicle so in that case I think it'd be better to wait on the box so we can have 1 complete collectors box that houses everything.
shane1000
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
leewill wrote:
I also like the idea of getting the box sooner and leaving extra space to put the movie and/or OVA in later when they are eventually released.

If things aren't 100% set though I guess that wouldn't be very practicle so in that case I think it'd be better to wait on the box so we can have 1 complete collectors box that houses everything.

Yeah I agree also, and it would help buying it all at once for poor people like myself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Honestly I'd prefer a box for V5,
Then if you really feel the need to give us one for the film and OVAs, just release them together in a slipcase or flimsy thin cardboard box.

Just my opinion and I understand if people disagree
Andy_ubio
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
We've decided to not do it with V5 any longer due to the impending release of the movie and future possible OVA volume.

This makes me a sad panda. Crying or Very sad
UncaBou
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, so many differing views. Bet you're sorry you raised this Sly (lol). This is what I like about Madman, the interaction with the consumers and the passion of the fans. Does everyone credit Wink
Before I say any more I'll state that either way I'll be happy to get a really - REALLY, nice box for this seriously favorite collection. Any additional art such as some cards would be nice but I'll stop fantasizing now and get on with it.
As I understand it, and correct me if I'm wrong, this will be a Madman only item, potentially making it super-duper collectable. Now those wanting the box with V5 are justified in pointing out there was a promise. Okay, perhaps not as big as Keating's L.A.W. tax cuts, but a promise all the same. The fact Madman is considering shifting delivery to the Movie or OVA proves to me that from a marketing point of view, boxes are always best with V1. Perhaps it's the retailers that have influenced this change of plan (for shelf space reasons), I don't know. Whatever the reason, at this point there is obviously an issue. Sly could have said nothing and Madman could have released a very basic item with V5, fulfilling their promise. Clearly that's not Madman's philosophy. (I know this sounds like a crawl but itís how I see it.) I'd rather wait for something special - dare I say it - a Full Metal Box... for a Full Metal collection.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pretty much the reason for moving it is to be able to get access to:

1) Better Art
2) More additional add-in materials
3) Additional O-Make materials not otherwise released outside of Japan.
4) Present an overall better limited edition product.

Yes, we did say originally that there would be a box with V5, however that was before the announcement of the Movie was even made available anywhere in the world. We jumped the gun so to speak.

If we are going to do something, we're going to do it properly.
UncaBou
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If timing of the OVA & Movie releases are close or together I suppose an option would be to bundle the box with both titles. Reading the above posts was the first time I became aware of an OVA for Brotherhood. According to Wikipedia there are 4 OVAs but no description as to the content or duration is mentioned. Although I considered it a must for my FMA collection, I would have liked a little more content in the original series OVA DVD. Is the Brotherhood OVA likely to be a Hi-def release (AKA Blue-ray)? It's probably way too early to say.
Renton7
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I understand the likelihood is low, but with a franchise as big as FMA you just never know.

What if there is a second movie? That will then look kind of silly having one movie in the box and one movie out of it. Why not just leave it as V1-V5 in a box, then the OVA and Movie out of it? It has worked before, for example Eureka Seven, Dragon Ball Z, Gurren Lagann. I do not believe Madman has ever bundled a box with a space for a movie before (correct me if I am wrong), so why do it now?

Either way give me a box for this series and I will be happy. However I still feel that it will be a little disappointing if something comes out in the future and it looks out of place (Eg V1-V5 + OVA + Movie 1 in the Box art, then Movie 2 outside). I guess there are a lot of what if's pertaining to this topic, we will just have to wait and see.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Renton7 wrote:
I do not believe Madman has ever bundled a box with a space for a movie before (correct me if I am wrong), so why do it now?

The Cowboy Bebop collection box set had extra room, not only for Best Sessions, but the non-Madman movie.
UncaBou
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Renton7 wrote:
.....What if there is a second movie? That will then look kind of silly having one movie in the box and one movie out of it.....

A valid point. I appreciate this is not a solution for everyone but my practice is to have almost all my insert covers in folders, which I find really useful when selecting a program for viewing. My Haruhi collection has both Season 1 & 2 stored in the original S1 box as I made room for the extra case by replacing the S1 cases with multi disc cases. I've done the same for other series when I've missed out on a box or none were available such as Ikki Tousen, Full Metal Panic and more.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
[..]

The Cowboy Bebop collection box set had extra room, not only for Best Sessions, but the non-Madman movie.

Yeah... that was a very different time back then.
Andy_ubio
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
[..]
Yeah... that was a very different time back then.

I liked those times. Very Happy
Ive still got that box and love it!

Also unless i am mistaken, we never did actually get an answer tot he topic/thread title... "When Should We Expect Part 5?"
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Andy_ubio wrote:
[..]

I liked those times. Very Happy
Ive still got that box and love it!

Also unless i am mistaken, we never did actually get an answer tot he topic/thread title... "When Should We Expect Part 5?"

After collection 4, before the movie. Probably.
Andy_ubio
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sound about right. Laughing
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
September
UncaBou
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
September

Perfect! I'll suggest it for anyone looking to buy me a birthday pressy!
krysinello
Kuu

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can't wait for September.

As for the box thing, bit of a shame, I personally would prefer the box, just for the series, as to me, the series is one lump lot, additional stuff are extras. Still as long as we get a box in the end, I'll be happy.
UncaBou
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
FYI -
I've created a new topic "A Case for a better Box" in "The Madhouse" in which I refer to the FMA-B box.

EDIT:
The topic has been correctly relocated under "Suggestions and Feedback".
Hagane No Renkinjutsushi
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This will probably make me buy anime again
coldfire
Pants on head crazy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
so has a decision been made on what we're getting?
Even if their eyes are scorched.Even if their arms are writhing, they will never stop marching head,guided by the will'o the wisp.They will will their way and shoot at point-blak distance,the footsteps that have thrown life away, the trigger that brings death.,the 901 Anti-Tank-Trooper.
UncaBou
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is the current ststus of the FMA-B box?
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still undecided as to whether we're putting it with the OVAs or the Movie. stay tuned.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any update on the box? Still coming?
Andy_ubio
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah im curious abuot that too!

I saw they mentioned something about it on FB not too long ago and they said that, yes it will still be coming...
But i cant remember what release they said it is now planned to come with... Whether they are now going to put it with the movie or the OVA. Confused
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It will come with the OVA/chibi shorts collection release as an option as that's the final volume to be released. The movie is expected around June and OVA shortly after
coldfire
Pants on head crazy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any artwork for the it yet? Still a box right not a tin?
Dragon90101
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
It will come with the OVA/chibi shorts collection release as an option as that's the final volume to be released. The movie is expected around June and OVA shortly after

Does this mean as the movie comes out earlier it will have space for the movie?

kyoujin
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
just curious, on the FMA:B OVA with collectors box store page, i noticed there is two different images for the product. One you see on the page and a different one when you click on that same image to get a larger preview. Is the one in the larger preview the confirmed box art?
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The larger one is the box. The picture on the page was an early cover of a collection; collection 5, I think.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: