Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Evangelion 3.0 out 17 November 2012 [Japan]

Evangelion 3.0 out 17 November 2012 [Japan]
Author
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Evangelion 3.0 out 17 November 2012 [Japan] Reply with quote
Check it:
http://www.evageeks.org/2012/07/q-release-date-17th-november/

Looks like I'm going to take that November trip to Japan I was planning, haha. Srsly though - I wish my Japanese was better than it is...
Faz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haha, 2 years later there'll be a US release, then a few more months for it to get here.

CAN'T WAIT.

Here's hoping for its inclusion in Reel Anime 2013 though...
Blue Monday
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
"2 years..." I have a sinking feeling it may be something like that, haha.

Sad

I'll be there with the quickness for Reel Anime if it screens there next year. For sure.
Protocol7
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I thought the delays with the english dub were due to ADV not wanting to let go of that particular license after they took a tumble. With it now in Funi's hands we might see a minimal delay between J-release and it hitting stateside?
Blue Monday
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's to hoping...

Faz, you may have seen my post over on Eva Geeks but my partner and I decided on a November Japan trip. Dates; 16 through 25. I really hope they do a limited subtitled screening or something, haha. If not, I'm deliberating on whether or not to go see it whilst there.
Faz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Protocol7 wrote:
I thought the delays with the english dub were due to ADV not wanting to let go of that particular license after they took a tumble. With it now in Funi's hands we might see a minimal delay between J-release and it hitting stateside?

ADV never had any rights to the rebuild films. I can't remember exactly why 1.0 had such a weird release history, but most likely Funi sitting on their hands, or bidding wars over the rights. And even once Funi had the rights we still had to wait 1-2 years for 2.0, so yeah, hopefully they'll pull their fingers out this time, but nothing is certain.

Blue Monday wrote:
Here's to hoping...

Faz, you may have seen my post over on Eva Geeks but my partner and I decided on a November Japan trip. Dates; 16 through 25. I really hope they do a limited subtitled screening or something, haha. If not, I'm deliberating on whether or not to go see it whilst there.

I highly doubt there'll be any subbed screenings in Japan, that sort of thing has never happened before (IIRC), but you should still definitely go and see it regardless, it would be an amazing experience.
azn2newbie
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Evangelion 3.0 out 17 November 2012 [Japan] Reply with quote
Blue Monday wrote:
Check it:
http://www.evageeks.org/2012/07/q-release-date-17th-november/

Looks like I'm going to take that November trip to Japan I was planning, haha. Srsly though - I wish my Japanese was better than it is...

I'm coming with you! :p

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: