Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Dragonball's Future

Dragonball's Future
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Dragonball's Future Reply with quote
ok so this is going to be a fairly long question, just wanting to know if anyone has heard if there is going to be any new series to the dragonball legacy i know that AF is fan made and not real and i know Hoshi is an arcade game people are getting confused with a new series. so is there anything else?

also the digital remastered history of trunks and burdock father of goku is it full screen or poorly cropped like the orange box sets and is it region 4 coded like the dragon boxes as i want to order the tin case from America? And is there going to be episodes of burdock and plans to eradicate the super saiyans on dvd i know they released them with an xbox game as extras but i would like to add them to my collection without an xbox or the game.

thank you for your patience
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's going to have recycled releases on new formats for the next several decades.

FUNimation aren't going for the cropped route anymore. Any future release is pretty much along the same strand as Kai when it comes to quality and aspect ratio. It'll likely be multi-region as well, like all previous DB releases.

No, the extras will probably not be released without DBZ: Raging Blast 2. They did that as an incentive to buy the title. It helps that it's a good game, too.
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The manga ended back in 1995 and Toriyama has shown no desire to do any manga beyond one-shots since, Dragon Ball GT ended in 1997 and with the exception of a few recent specials and Dragon Ball Z Kai, which was only a recut of existing material and was cancelled after Cell anyway due to poor merchandise sales in Japan, there hasn't really been anything new since.

The "Remastered" Trunks/Bardock specials are indeed cropped to 16:9, the only 4:3 release in English being the original singles. Although as OniV2 said, Funi have learnt from the whole 16:9 fiasco and as such when the next future release comes along, it will most likely be in 4:3 as intended.

... Also, there's a gag manga called Dragon Ball SD by Naho Ooishi running in Japan's "Saikyou Jump" magazine at the moment, but it's just a rehash of the original story for the most part with an occasional new joke thrown in.

This clearly makes me the very best, like no one ever was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I'm not sure about the regions but more importantly, how much of a collector are you? There is going to be more dragon ball z in a new form called 'dragon ball z kai' which involves no fuller and much better adaption. As for gaming and toys, there are ultimate teknikaichi (i don't know how to spell that, but you get the picture) and other games in that series. There are plenty of action figures and plush toys and if you haven't collected all the manga, get it now! There have been other appearances of dragon ball z in Akira's other work (like in blooper format) but as of now, the series has ended and not much has been done about it. Hope I helped in some way.
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
vegeta_yaz wrote:
There is going to be more dragon ball z in a new form called 'dragon ball z kai' which involves no fuller and much better adaption.

You're a bit late. Kai has already finished airing in Japan, finished airing in the United States, has almost finished airing here, and has already been completely released on DVD and Blu-Ray.
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, I'm not too late! There is gonna be more kai episodes not just 8 DVD's! Apparently when I asked someone replied and said there would be more! BooYA!
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kai only goes to the end of the Cell Games.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
vegeta_yaz wrote:
No, I'm not too late! There is gonna be more kai episodes not just 8 DVD's! Apparently when I asked someone replied and said there would be more! BooYA!

They lied to you. But seeing as you're kind of gullible (let me, guess, around 13, just discovered Dragon Ball, never seen anything like it before?), I can't blame them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
*Gasps* How did you know my age? Ok, ok maybe I am gullible but still. I was reading on this website and it mentioned that there was going to be a majin saga on kai. Like there was going to be another volume after vol.8. They shouldn't lie...it creates confused people.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kai ended. Almost a year ago now, and there's been no news of a revival. There's not Buu sag for Kai, only for the manga and original Z anime.

Just use this website for Dragon Ball news. You won't find a better, or more accurate, one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A year ago? Omg where have I been? I'll check that site out...and get back to the original z for the but saga.
Sethscar
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
vegeta_yaz wrote:
Omg where have I been?

I think everyone on this forum is asking themselves the same thing right about now.
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Indeed, but why don't they want to continue the majin saga and stuff on kai? Looks like i'm gonna have to get the separate series again.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Because Kai simply wasn't making enough money, so they ended it.
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh I didn't know that. Well I guess that's all to it. btw how did you guess my age? Am I just too gullible and people get that impression?
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guessed your age because you've started making a rash of posts in the DBZ forum, you have DBZ inspired name and you're kind of gullible.

All that says thirteen year old just disovering/rediscovering Dragon Ball and other anime.
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh ok, when you put it like that it makes sense. On your profile it says your a student? So my turn to guess...your either yr 12 or a uni-student? correct?
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
****, I need to update that then.
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol ok. So obviously that was a while ago?
Sluga
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have recently purchased all of the dragonball series, dragonball z dragon boxes, and gt i have no interest in the games or toys. My next question would be the movie collection packs i can not find them in a region 1 and 4 only region 1. the atomicmovies website sent me out some telling me it was region 1 and 4. I had to return them because they did not work. Did they release them with region 4 hard coding or just region 1.

also to add kai will not have majin buu saga as kai is based on the manga, not the company that took over to create majin saga.
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok. About the region 1 and 4 collection. It depends on what shop or online store you purchased them from. If the website was american, then there will be a change in region (their region is 1) also the type of DVD/Blu-ray system you have and what region it's set to. My laptop is all the same when playing DVD's. It only tolerates region1. So maybe you can talk to a professional person about the set regions, but other than that, the website you were looking at is probably misplaced the regions.
Sluga
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
its a ps3 console so its a little more stuck into region 4. it looks to me like america has released the 3 movie pack collection where as australia has released all movies in one pack. it being digitally remastered is it like the orange bricks or have these dodged the bullet on crap remastering?
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Probably option two! I was told by someone that kai was already finished because it wasn't making enough money. So nobody was interested in remastering because too many changes had been made, apparently and that it was cut shorter.
Sluga
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah thats what i thought too, just that i havent heard much about the remastered movies so havent got the faintest idea of the quality before i rush out to buy it.
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have 7 volumes of kai (all I need is the supposed final volume) it's pretty good. I mean in my opinion I like it, but I like everything dragon ball z so I don't have any issues with it. It's cut out all the 'meh' parts in it, has more action and no fuller. The definitions (screen ratio's) and stuff are much better. So really it's up to you. I think you can view a trailer somewhere but yeah, before buying it, just check it out first.
Sluga
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah no worries, ill have to do more searching. im not really interested in kai at all, i like all the filler and the original script bad or not. i dont like kai's intro and the background music, its constant and too disney for my liking but thats my opinion.
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I only heard by someone about the 'no filler' but what is that? is it like added speech and stuff? Disney Razz I guess it's all up to the viewer.
Sluga
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah instead of powering up for like 5 episodes they shortened it, the script is different and theres no blood. it reaally depenes on the person. i like all the filler. annoying power ups and all
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh ok. Does the same go for GT? like it being remastered and all?
Sluga
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i dont think there going tto do that to gt because it wasnt created by the same persson who did the dbz manga, thats why dbz finishes at the end of cell. they have remastered gt in full screen from the original but if they do the same thing as kai i will be very surprised
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh ok. So the remastered was only in screen resolutions. I could have sworn they made a remastered version, looks like I was wrong! Razz
Sluga
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
it also has original japanese audio etc etc. but i stumbled across a survey the company is thinking of doing dragon boxes for either dragonball, dbgt or the movies.
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok. So there is a lot that differs between the two types. And the original Dragon ball z (from memory) had more extra scenes and stuff in it.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
vegeta_yaz wrote:
I only heard by someone about the 'no filler' but what is that? is it like added speech and stuff? Disney Razz I guess it's all up to the viewer.

@Vegeta_yaz so you can understand what filler is and by all means it won't be a small answer:
No Filler means no 'anime only' episodes so it's only Manga based episodes only.

Kai is based on the Manga(comic book) based storyline or the 'Main plot' episodes that matter to the DBZ universe.

When DBZ was made back in the day in Japan they made Manga based plot episodes and sometimes they make 'anime only' episodes called 'Fillers' during which allowed for the manga to get ahead in production.
But sometimes filler or 'anime only' episodes are just 'Bonus' episodes to keep you entertained while the manga is still in production.
Sometimes they're 'Filler episodes or Filler Seasons' like Garlic Jr saga which is purely anime only saga episodes just to fill in time while the manga is in production.

Filler episodes don't relate to the main storyline as they're just extra bonus episodes to make the series longer.
Since filler are generally FAKE plot storylines or episodes since sometimes they don't relate to the main plot.
Also fillers NEVER appeared in manga so therefore they're either 'FAKE' or 'Made-up' or 'Extended' storylines that are not 'Original' to the Manga plot.

It's hard to say they're considered FAKE unless you considered the Manga to be as 'Original' as possible.

But sometimes saga's like Garlic Jr saga is too big to be a 2 hour 'movie' as so there for they make it into a filler saga.

SO if your collecting KAI then you're getting the Official Manga based storyline with No added filler.

If you pick up any manga volume of DBZ you will notice the filler episodes aren't in the manga.
Also you will notice GT does not exist either, since the manga finished at the end of the Buu saga which is Volume 42.

Also DBZ movies can also be considered fillers too aswell since they're 'anime only' based, because the storyline is outside the main plot...but you probably already knew that.

Fillers = Extra stuff basically that is anime only.
Sluga
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
also just to correct majin buu was not part of the original manga, the manga ending for dragonball z was the end of the cell saga and thats why kai ends there instead of continuing as its staying truer to the manga. so you will not see majin buu in kai.
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh I get it now, thanks. In the beginning I actually didn't have a clue what kai was but then (after talking to my Japanese friend) she said kai meant remastered.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sluga wrote:
also just to correct majin buu was not part of the original manga, the manga ending for dragonball z was the end of the cell saga

No. You are wrong.
Sluga
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
go do your research!
Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sluga wrote:
go do your research!

Manga does cover Majin Buu sags as stated.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sluga wrote:
go do your research!

Kid. Listen to me: the manga does include the Buu saga. It always has (well except for prior to it being written in the mid-90's).

The only reason it wasn't in Kai was because Kai was cancelled before it could reach it.
Sluga
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
firstly im not a kid, this discussion is to talk about the future of Dragonbsll z. If you want to argue go somewhere else or join a debate team i dont care what you do stop acting like a child.

secondly i do stand corrected, my research about majin buu in manga was not the correct resource.

and 3rd in my opinion kai sucked anyway so its not a surprise that it had been cancelled, you cant changed a series and cut things out of it, add new drawings so it jumps from new to old, add some different voice actors and annoying music then to expect people to take to it. Some people like it thats fair enough they are entitled to their opinion. just a shame the earthquake in japan did so much damage, guess it was a sign when they kept on delaying episodes after the event.
Sethscar
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sluga wrote:
If you want to argue go somewhere else or join a debate team i dont care what you do stop acting like a child.

Huge call from someone who can't even type/spell/correctly utilize the English language, while presenting his opinion as fact then indirectly blaming the Japan Earthquake on DBZ: K
Blue Monday
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sluga wrote:
go do your research!

SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sluga wrote:
you cant changed a series and cut things out of it, add new drawings so it jumps from new to old, add some different voice actors and annoying music then to expect people to take to it.

People watched Funimation's dub of the original DBZ, didn't they? Razz

/rimshot

This clearly makes me the very best, like no one ever was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
OP has requested the thread be closed as it's gone too off topic.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: