Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

DRAGON BALL Z KAI

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
DRAGON BALL Z KAI
Author
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
To add my two cents, I've been ordering from Amazon for over two years now, and I've never had a single problem. Of course, all I've ever ordered have been DVDs and books as well.

And as said before, the Dragon Boxes have incredibly solid packaging.

Oh, also, watched the dub of episode 36 of Kai. Apparently it's the only new episode Nicktoons is airing this month. (They wanted to use it to get people to tune in for some new 5 minute football related show that was debuting afterwards, or something.)

New episodes start for real on October 20!

This clearly makes me the very best, like no one ever was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, Nicktoons broadcast has reached Goku's first Super Saiyan transformation. Goku actually refers to himself as "Son Goku" in the dub.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know this question has been asked in another thread somewhere previously and was not commented on but I was wondering if someone from Madman could comment on the possibilty of MM planning to do an ender box with the final collection of DBZ Kai when they release it (DVD/BD formats) similar to what they are intending to with FMA Brotherhood?
Bowie
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That would make my day.
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Travku wrote:
I know this question has been asked in another thread somewhere previously and was not commented on but I was wondering if someone from Madman could comment on the possibilty of MM planning to do an ender box with the final collection of DBZ Kai when they release it (DVD/BD formats) similar to what they are intending to with FMA Brotherhood?

Any comment please Madman?
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
An ender box would be awesome, or at least some kind of ender slip-cover.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So Kai will be ending with the Cell saga. Unsurprising really.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andy_ubio
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Really?
Does the Manga also finish at the at of the Cell saga?
This would make a lot of sense then.

On anothter topic Funimation has lowered the RRP of DBZ Kia on DVD and Blu-Ray and it looks like Madman is following suit.
DBZ Kai Collection 4 DVD
DBZ Kai Collection 4 Blu-Ray
Although unlike Funimation, who lowered the price of the new collection and the previously released collections, it appears Madman is only lowing the price of the newest collection so far.
Still its a start. Not paying $64.95 for each Blu-Ray is a step in the right dierection. Smile
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Andy_ubio wrote:
Really?
Does the Manga also finish at the at of the Cell saga?
This would make a lot of sense then.

No, but considering the fact that Kai and Kai related merchandise has pretty much been bombing in Japan, it is not unexpected.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr.Jackal
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gouki wrote:
So Kai will be ending with the Cell saga. Unsurprising really.

That is great, the entire Buu saga was just stupid and i hope it is erased from all future DB productions.
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll still buy the rest of the Blu-Ray releases. I could care less if the Buu sagas are cut out, most of it was filler anyway.

They should have started off with Dragon Ball (in high definition, the removal of filler and redone music) in Japan, not straight out with DBZ. I know that worked with U.S. kids, but that's because the USA has a pretty different culture. The Japanese seem to need something cutesy when something starts out in order for them to enjoy it (hell, the Big 3 started out all cutesy as well. If it's an early morning or late afternoon anime, it has to start cutesy).
SGD_Eirikr
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was holding out to see how far they went. No Buu, no Sale. I might get the DragonBoxes later down the road though. Sad, I wanted the series shrunk down to ~150.
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In other news! It seems that the Kenji Yamamoto score has been canned due to copyright infringement against third parties and that the few remaining episodes in Japan, along with future reruns, will have Shunsuke Kikuchi's score from Dragon Ball Z.

... God, this means I'm gonna have to buy the whole series AGAIN, doesn't it? Dragon Ball hates my wallet. DBZ singles, DBZ season sets, Dragon Boxes, Kai, Kikuchi Kai... Crying or Very sad

OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:
In other news! It seems that the Kenji Yamamoto score has been canned due to copyright infringement against third parties and that the few remaining episodes in Japan, along with future reruns, will have Shunsuke Kikuchi's score from Dragon Ball Z.

That's bullcrap.
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also, it seems collection 5 is being held back a month in the US. Perhaps due to having to replace the music? I wonder what'll happen with Madman's version of collection 4? The US version only came out just last week, so it managed to scrape by before this stuff hit.

I wonder how long the current versions of the current sets will last before being replaced with versions with the DBZ music?

Oh, and right, I'll give some actual links to this stuff here:
Infringement
Replacement
Delay
Daizex Forum Thread

OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Argh... but Kikuchi Shunsuke's score was so Dragon Ball-esque. It just didn't fit with the mood in DBZ.
Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:
Also, it seems collection 5 is being held back a month in the US. Perhaps due to having to replace the music? I wonder what'll happen with Madman's version of collection 4? The US version only came out just last week, so it managed to scrape by before this stuff hit.

I wonder how long the current versions of the current sets will last before being replaced with versions with the DBZ music?

Oh, and right, I'll give some actual links to this stuff here:
Infringement
Replacement
Delay
Daizex Forum Thread

I did hear about that. I have been waiting for all of the kai to be released and was wondering how this was going to affect the release of the DVD's
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you like Kenji Yamamoto's score, I suggest you import collection four from the US right now. The US broadcast on the CW's Toonzai block has switched over to Shunsuke Kikuchi now.

In fact, the first four DBZ Kai sets seem to have begun getting recalled due to the music from what I hear, so it's likely that by the time Madman get the fourth set out here it'll have the Kikuchi score.

OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:

In fact, the first four DBZ Kai sets seem to have begun getting recalled due to the music from what I hear, so it's likely that by the time Madman get the fourth set out here it'll have the Kikuchi score.

Already done my friend. DBZ Kai Collection 4 shipped two days ago.

If they're going to put Shunsuke Kikuchi's score back on, I want some Bruce Faulconer on those Kai collections as well.
Andy_ubio
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
How different is the Kai score to the DBZ score? I have only watched a few tv braodcasted eps of Kai and i didnt really take a lot of notice to the score.
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kenji Yamamoto is sort of a rock-classical mix.
Shunsuke Kikuchi tends to focus more on percussions and brass.
Bruce Faulconer tends to focus on rock and techno.

The differences in style are pretty apparent after doing some Youtube searches.
goku53
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hope they don't get rid of the insert songs i don't think frieza & sayian sagas had much infrindgement
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OniV2 wrote:
I'll still buy the rest of the Blu-Ray releases. I could care less if the Buu sagas are cut out, most of it was filler anyway.

Buu saga is not filler it's actually in the manga...but I think I know what you mean that filler stuff was added to the Buu saga.
But if you read the manga and watch the episodes you can easily pick out the filler stuff or extra extended stuff added to make the episode longer.
When it comes of filler Dragonball GT is 110% filler.

I really don't care about how far KAI goes up to in the manga but at least were seeing filler free stuff.

As for songs as long as they don't take out the song you hear when Gohan going SS2 after 16's head gets smashed.
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
Buu saga is not filler it's actually in the manga...but I think I know what you mean that filler stuff was added to the Buu saga.
But if you read the manga and watch the episodes you can easily pick out the filler stuff or extra extended stuff added to make the episode longer.
When it comes of filler Dragonball GT is 110% filler.

The Majin Buu sagas were some of the shortest in the manga, since Akira Toriyama was pretty much being forced to continue his serial at the time. He then had to extend the Super Buu arc and transform him into Kid Buu just so Goku could be the savior (and not Gohan, despite all that Z Sword stuff being so that Gohan could defeat Super Buu). Friggin' fanboys.
Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That was one of the things that I hated about DBZ, Gohan got all this character developement training to make him the strongest and then a few episodes later Goku is suddenly the strongest again with not much additional training.
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Feball3001 wrote:
That was one of the things that I hated about DBZ, Gohan got all this character developement training to make him the strongest and then a few episodes later Goku is suddenly the strongest again with not much additional training.

I hated that so much, Goku already saved the world in Dragon Ball why couldn't Gohan have some glory and kill Majin Buu. Personally I would have preferred the series to go like this.

Goku defeats Saiyans on Earth (essentially happened except for Gohan's, Krillin's and Yajirobe's help)

Goku defeats Frieze (Only because it was meant to be this way, I wouldn't have minded if Vegeta defeated Frieza as it could have been shown as Vegeta's "redemption")

Don't think I should include the Androids, Garlick Jr, Frieza and King Cold.

Gohan defeats Cell (Best moment in DBZ history after Goku turning SSJ for the first time. I think Gohan should haved soloed this fight)

Gotenks defeats Buu (I would have loved for this to happen as Gotenks had the power to do so but didn't and look what happened, the fight was dragged on longer then it should have been.)

I think that with this series of events every main character in Goku's family at least defeated a main antagonist.

EDIT: I forgot to include Gotenks and I also wrote that the best moment in DBZ history was Gohan turning SSJ when I was meant to write Goku turning SSJ.
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chika Akatsuki wrote:
Don't think I should include the Androids, Garlick Jr, Frieza and King Cold.

Well, this was technically Vegeta's 'redemption'. For once his family is the most powerful in these arcs. Piccolo also gets his time to shine when he mirrors Imperfect Cell and Androids 17 and 18 in power.
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OniV2 wrote:
[..]

Well, this was technically Vegeta's 'redemption'. For once his family is the most powerful in these arcs. Piccolo also gets his time to shine when he mirrors Imperfect Cell and Androids 17 and 18 in power.

That is true, as Vegeta is the big hero when Goku is fighting Android 19, along with Future Trunks saving Earth from Frieza and King Cold.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
FYI you don't need to mention Garlick Jr saga since its filler so it won't be in KAI.

I didn't find the Buu saga bad at all, even if it's the last saga it's still better in the manga than the anime since all the filler stuff and fight scenes that drag on too long.
But really it could've been worse so, but Akira Toriyama want a villian so powerful that even Gods couldn't even defeat him.

I really don't care who was the strongest at the end of the Buu saga...doen't really matter as long as someone came out alive.
Think about it the Earth is destroyed and only two fighters (Goku and Vegeta) in the whole world plus a Human wrestler (Mr Satan) can only take on the Universe's most fierce enemy (Kid Buu).
The odds are stacked against them and you would use any method to win.
But technically Goku didn't win it was the power of all humans and life in the galaxy that defeated Kid Buu.
I don't want to sound fanboyish or anthing but that's just how it all turned out...whether you liked it or not...but I can't say it's the worst saga.
I find fillers worse than anything.

So even if fillers are cut out it would show how DBZ was ment to be.
9 volumes of KAI does seem a bit short but well see how it turns out.

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well this sucks
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Majin Cell wrote:
Well this sucks

Some of us already imported it, with the original musical score.
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
So... According to what I read in one of Daizex's Kai threads, Dameon Clarke has apparently said on Facebook that he's coming back to play Cell!

Edit: And here's the link to where he said it!
https://www.facebook.com/behindthe.voiceactors/posts/206992539339964

alphamone
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am honestly wondering what cartoon network will do when/if they decide to play it. I ask this becuase from what I have seen of the nicktoons tv edit, it possibly still has enough violence in it to give it a pg rating, but the fact that it has far more violence cuts than the tv edit of DBZ would create an interesting disparity.

Although, I can say with 99.99999 percent confidence that they wont get the toonzai edit, which manages to be even worse than the edits when saban was funding funimation (the original dubs of the sayain and namek saga), in both terms of WTH would they edit that, and the actual quality of the edits. (including an audio edit that seems to have been done late enough that the masked lines were still in the closed captioning)
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If Cartoon Network were to air it out here, it would most likely be the Nicktoons version I reckon. I doubt the level of violence in it would be that big a deal considering that the Australian Cartoon Network is the same Cartoon Network that showed the latter half of One Piece season 3 uncut after it was cancelled in the US.

alphamone
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
/edit
never mind, got the muisicians confused.
SIMMO_G_001
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: dragon ball kai Reply with quote
i think dragon ball z kai is only good on manga thumbs up
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
idk if any of u know the answer to this, but will there be another dbz kai movie after the 8th volume?
LordCrumb
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys,

Trying to find out if Collection 4 Blu-Ray has the original music, or if it was already replaced by the time it came out here in New Zealand..

if anyone has it, can they please let me know?
LordCrumb
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
don't worry, bought off Ebay instead.

** Also got an email from MadMan confirming it is the replacement music.

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: