Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

FMA Newbie!

FMA Newbie!
Author
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: FMA Newbie! Reply with quote
hey guys, I haven't started FMA yet but I think I should.
But what should I start with? in order what should I watch first.
Including movies , ovas and brotherhood !
Thanks in advance. . .
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Conqueror of Shambala is a direct continuation of the first series. The "Premium OVAs" for the first series aren't really part of the continuity, so it's best to watch them afterwards.

With Brotherhood, the OVAs take place throught the series. The Sacred Star of Milos isn't directly related to the series, and can be watched at any time.

As to which series is the best to watch; The first half of the first series generally follows the manga, but then diverges to tell its own tale. Brotherhood follows the manga to the end. The first 13-15 episodes of Brotherhood can seem rather rushed, as it's retelling the same stuff as the first half of the first series. It has a whole new first episode, though. It's really up to you which series to watch, but I think the general consensus is that Brotherhood is better.
Knight of L-sama
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually in my personal opinion its a toss up between which series is better. The rushed pacing in the first 13 episodes of Brotherhood does mean that a couple of significant events lose a bit of their punch (though that could have been because I knew what was coming and steeling myself for it) but the finale was more epic.

But yeah, first season then Conqueror of Shamballa

Brotherhood then the Premium OAVs

Sacred Star of Milos can be watched at any time theoretically but is best off NOT being watched. Ever
Aruki
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmmph, thanks so i'm going to start watching the first series,.. then the movie. Smile

Knight of L-sama wrote:

Sacred Star of Milos can be watched at any time theoretically but is best off NOT being watched. Ever

Is the movie not any good?
Knight of L-sama
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Personal opinion, no. The Sacred Star of Milos movie was pretty terrible. The story was rather blah (it felt like one of the early episodes of the original TV series stretched out to move length) the direction was full of questionable decisions (brining Roy in for the climax and then not showing any of what he does) and most damning of all given the high quality of both TV series, the animation was TERRIBLE!.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: