Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

What comics are you reading? (Not manga)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
What comics are you reading? (Not manga)
Author
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Blue Monday wrote:
Even though I just got #3 today, I finally got around to reading Hawkeye #2 last night. Brilliant. Daredevil continues to be a great read as well. No Bendis/Maleev run, but still solid.

I'm going to be starting my aforementioned reread of Carey's X-Men/X-Men: Legacy stuff this weekend too. Looking forward to it. First up is Supanova's.

Note: Seriously, what's up with that (^) word filter on Super-novas?

That word filter is pretty dicky, Madman. A little sad, too.

I was always disappointed they never collected Carey's X-Men run in larger volumes. Considering the praise the run got, and the way it was plotted this would have made sense (plus I'm stingy and hate small trades unless they're mini's).

Finally got around to starting my Secret Warriors Omnibus. It's a good one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Blue Monday wrote:
Even though I just got #3 today, I finally got around to reading Hawkeye #2 last night. Brilliant. Daredevil continues to be a great read as well. No Bendis/Maleev run, but still solid.

I'm going to be starting my aforementioned reread of Carey's X-Men/X-Men: Legacy stuff this weekend too. Looking forward to it. First up is Supanova's.

Note: Seriously, what's up with that (^) word filter on Super-novas?

Supanova's

Methinks its that product placement thing invading our webz! I wonder what Madman's cut is...
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just seen that in new 52 Superman, Clark won't be working at the Daily Planet. Does anyone else think that this is a pathetic idea.
Blue Monday
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
His Jerry Maguire moment? Haha. It's funny for one thing - Integrity and substance died in mainstream journalism long ago. I think especially with newspapers.

Also, All-New X-Men looks like it may actually be pretty awesome:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/26/preview-pages-from-all-new-x-men-2-3-4-and-5/

From his New Avengers stuff, I know Immonen is a pretty solid artist, so hopefully we'll actually get consistent art through out.

Gouki wrote:
I was always disappointed they never collected Carey's X-Men run in larger volumes. Considering the praise the run got, and the way it was plotted this would have made sense (plus I'm stingy and hate small trades unless they're mini's).

Not to mention that I'm having a hard time tracking down a copy of Blinded by the Light at the moment. It's the book that immediately follows Super-novas. Never got it first time around, must've forgotten and now... Well, Amazon has them for prices of around $40.00USD and up. I don't want to have to shell out at that cost though.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
chris-of-penrith wrote:
I just seen that in new 52 Superman, Clark won't be working at the Daily Planet. Does anyone else think that this is a pathetic idea.

Not sure you know what pathetic means, but there we go.

A-Babies vs X-Babies may be the most adorable thing I've ever read. One-Shot of the year!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blue Monday
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haha, I'm going to pick it up. The Marvel babies variant covers are awesome too!
Blue Monday
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished up my re-read of X-Men: Super-novas. Brilliant, brilliant book. Bachalo art (Most of the time), superbly written characters, an awesome and unique team line-up, and a great plot(s)[?]. Should be plural, as it's three arcs that kind of run as the one, if you know what I mean. Oh, not to mention the fact that it's Rogue leading her own reactionary strike-force of X-Men, and Sabretooth's in it!

I've rambled on about this before though, so disregard, haha.

Read #3 of Hawkeye. Funniest comic I've read to date. I seriously had stitches and tears running down my face from laughing so hard, and difficulty catching my breath. It pulled on a joke from the first issue brilliantly, which made me read the dialogue in-character out loud, haha. Also, the art is great and Kate Bishop (The other Hawkeye) and the other chick in this issue are really sexy.

Anyway, I'll just leave this here:

Started the new Daredevil: End of Days limited series as well. It's Bendis and Mack back on DD, so what's not to like. As the title implies, it's recounting the story of Daredevil's 'fall from grace' and untimely death (Which is shown in one of the very first pages of the book). So far it's really gritty and has that awesome tone the entire Bendis run had on the title during his tenure. Looking forward to the rest of it, very much so.

Anyone else reading or read anything interesting lately? I'm going to try out the first FF trade next. It looks like a good one. I also need to continue working through The Stack.

And Bendis' other new X-book will be the new Uncanny X-Men title, and with Chris Bachalo on art? "I'M TOO DUMB TO FIND OTHER WORDS TO USE SO I USE THE F WORD yeah", says I. Here's to hoping for some crazy radical Cyclops action with the remaining Extinction Team.

Maybe...
Blue Monday
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OH GOD PLEASE YES!

"Looks like the cats out of the bag. Its me an Bendis on a new launch of the series. This was a tough one as i was really enjoying my time on WX but Brian asked for me to help him launch the new Uncanny and how do you turn down that offer. Launches are tough as there's a lot of ground to cover to get things rolling. Characters are re-imagined, writing styles adjusted to, locations established. Its a tough learning curve that typically takes a few issues to figure out and grow comfortable with. We're still very early into the creative part so hard for me to comment on exactly what to expect. The daring part is that the tone of the book--feels like, its early--will be a little darker. Characters powers have been 'adjusted" as a result of the Phoenix five fall out and I was asked to redesign costumes for the entire cast. Everyone. Plus, as of today, there are two "new" mutants. Its a big jump that I'm sure will turn a few off but, we're betting on, that most will welcome and enjoy. One thing that you can count on Is that Brian will always give you something worth reading. He never fails to be interesting. Launch is two issues in February. LMK how I'm doing.

Best!

CB"

Link.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So been checking out the new Marvel NOW! books.

So far I've been very impressed. Uncanny Avengers, All New X-Men, A+X, and FF/Fantastic Four are all pretty great so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Iron Man I'm not finding too bad, but the art, as expected from Land, is poor. Doesn't look as traced as recent work at least. Thor is also something I'll be watching as the first issue was great, but I normally get bored by Thor fairly quickly. Deadpool was interesting. But again, we'll see. Better than Way at least.

I won't be checking in with Red She-Hulk, Invincible Hulk or X-Men Legacy again though. They just didn't grab me.

Marvel NOW! isn't over just yet, but it's been pretty great so far and way better than the new 52.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gouki wrote:
Marvel NOW! isn't over just yet, but it's been pretty great so far and way better than the new 52.

Will wait for some of the NOW titles to be released in TPB. Interested to see what happens with superior spider-man.
Don't think I will ever bother with New 52, anyone know why its called new 52?
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
chris-of-penrith wrote:
Will wait for some of the NOW titles to be released in TPB. Interested to see what happens with superior spider-man.
Don't think I will ever bother with New 52, anyone know why its called new 52?

Because there was 52 new titles rebooting the DC universe.
Blue Monday
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gouki wrote:

Caught up with a bunch of these yesterday and this morning. I only just got back from a trip to Japan Friday before last (Went and saw Evangelion: Q), so there was a sizeable stack awaiting me.

Liking All-New X-Men a lot, even though we're only two issues in. Immonen's stuff is solid, and really impressed if he can keep this up being a twice monthly and all. As can be seen above though, the title I'm most looking forward to is the new Uncanny.

I actually really dig both the new Iron Man and Indestructible Hulk (Come on, man... It's Waid, haha!). Kieron Gillen is at the helm of Iron Man, which is great - He's definitely someone who's making his way up my list of favourite super-hero comic-book authors. As such, writing/dialogue is tight. Stark is Stark. Potts is Potts. And it kicks off with a story picking up the Extremis thread, so it's cool I can sink my teeth right in. If it continues in this fashion, I can see this run easily eclipsing Fraction's tenure. I don't mind Land's art either. Larroca's was really similar throughout Invincible, so Iron Man's art has basically looked like this for the past few years. Plus that new armour is cool.

Fantastic Four though?

I'll see how it goes over the next couple or so...

Guys, I also caved and read Batman The Black Mirror. I grabbed the deluxe hardcover while I was in Japan, and I don't usually do HCs (Tradewaiter all the way, mostly). The fact that the folks at Books Kinokuniya had laminated it perfectly helped sell it to me, hehe.

Best Batman book I've read and it's not even Bruce as Bats; it's Dicky-Boy, which only makes it whole more levels of awesome. It is Snyder's run on Detective before the DC New 52 reboot, and it has absolutely everything I love about Batman in it.
W0m6at
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've just finished reading the two prelim stories and book one of The Complete Nemesis the Warlock: Volume 1.

I'm actually thinking of dropping some cash on getting some of the 2000 AD graphic novels. Some of the indecision is finding the cash, and some is deciding which volumes/series to get.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yesterday I stumbled on the webcomic [url=misfile.com]Misfile[/url]. It's setup is that an angel misfiled a couple of teenagers' files; a boy's got put in the female drawer and a girl's had the last two years wiped. The angel got put on leave, so he's spending his time with the two girls until he can go back and fix his mistake.

There's a touch of Initial D in the series; the girl-was-boy races cars on a local road. And the two girls have to deal with their new situations, while maybe becoming attracted to each other.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone been reading any of the new Marvel NOW title and any of them good?
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is more good in Marvel Now than my budget can cater for unfortunately.

That said my current 'best book' is either Saga or Transformers: more than meets the eyes.

Everyone should go and read Glory though.
Blue Monday
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
chris-of-penrith wrote:
Has anyone been reading any of the new Marvel NOW title and any of them good?

Uh, let's see here...
    All-New X-Men
    Avengers
    Avengers Arena
    Indestructible Hulk
    New Avengers
    Superior Spider-Man
    Uncanny Avengers
    Uncanny X-Men
    X-Men
    X-Men Legacy
    Young Avengers

And other Marvel titles I'm not sure really count as 'MarvelNOW!':
    Daredevil
    Hawkeye
    Ultimate Comics: All-New Spider-Man
    Ultimate Comics: X-Men

Gouki wrote:
There is more good in Marvel Now than my budget can cater for unfortunately.

QFT. And considering the few DC and independent titles I also follow - That **** hurts the wallet, indeed.

Confused

Page 22 of 22

Jump to: