Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Hanabee - New Australian Anime Company

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Hanabee - New Australian Anime Company
Author
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If they can keep releasing blu-ray collections with a RRP of $50 I may be swayed to buy more from Australia. Especially considering the cheap feel of most Sentai releases.
Knight of L-sama
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mmmmm.... Psycho-pass.

Okay, probably a bit too new, but I can dream.
Sabmabab
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
After seeing Hanabee announce Kids on the Slope, I decided to check it out on Crunchyroll. Before today, it's art style wasn't really grabbing my attention. After watching 4 episodes though, I realized how wonderful the animation is and the music is amazing. Count me in for the blu-ray!
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Knight of L-sama wrote:
Mmmmm.... Psycho-pass.

Cursing I didn't specifically ask Eric about this one. Forgot it was Noitamina until later.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fred Ni Narumon
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm hoping that Tales of Agriculture is one of the Noitamina series (the 2 anime seasons and the live action series)
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sabmabab wrote:
After seeing Hanabee announce Kids on the Slope, I decided to check it out on Crunchyroll. Before today, it's art style wasn't really grabbing my attention. After watching 4 episodes though, I realized how wonderful the animation is and the music is amazing. Count me in for the blu-ray!

That's interesting... Sakamichi no Apollon features Yuuka Nanri as Ritsuko Mukae:

kyoujin
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
if it has the Noitamina logo in front of it, then Hanabee have it

I though Siren released most of the noitamina titles?
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
Eric reckons they have some ridiculous number of titles to release between now and Manifest, most of them being Noitamina titles. I think you can bet that if it has the Noitamina logo in front of it, then Hanabee have it or at least have looked at it.

That means they've (potentially) got quite a few really good titles. And re: Psycho Pass, I dunno if Hanabee actually have that yet, but I'm pretty sure Eric's smart enough to snap that up as soon as he's able to.

kyoujin wrote:
I though Siren released most of the noitamina titles?

So far, yes. It's possible that when Eric left Siren, he took a relationship with the relevant licenser with him, if not a contract. Or maybe it's just that Eric was the only one there pursuing those titles to begin with. This is pure speculation, of course.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HimuraBattousai wrote:
So far, yes. It's possible that when Eric left Siren, he took a relationship with the relevant licenser with him, if not a contract.

Eric more or less confirmed this to me and Louis at one point.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
drae
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't know Hanabee had licensed Hakuoki! Where was I when they announced this!

Have I mentioned how much I freaking love Hanabee right now Very Happy
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari will be released on BD later this year. Interesting.
brocko
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bakemono in Bluray do want. It bums me out that they only have a DVD release of it at the moment.
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone have their Kids on the Slope BD? Does it have the same audio issues with the Japanese track as the US Sentai release?
Sabmabab
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
boredandlazy wrote:
Anyone have their Kids on the Slope BD? Does it have the same audio issues with the Japanese track as the US Sentai release?

Unfortunately yes. I was thinking otherwise since the case is listed as region B only, and the discs seems to be made by Hanabee themselves (the discs have Hanabee's logo and the PG rating logo on them). The content on the discs though seems to be the exact same as Sentai's from what I've seen so far.
kyoujin
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i wonder if hanabee would do anything about it if you emailed them, they seem more customer friendly than sentai. (though since it looks like they got the masters from sentai, nothing can be done i guess)
micpp
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2013-05-06/retailer/sentai-filmworks-recalls-kids-on-the-slope-bd-release

It looks like Sentai is doing a recall, not sure how this affects Hanabee's release. For what it's worth I haven't been able to find the local release in any shops or any websites apart from Hanabee's own site.
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's on the BigW website.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
micpp wrote:
For what it's worth I haven't been able to find the local release in any shops or any websites apart from Hanabee's own site.

You should be able to find it in JB Hi-Fi now (we got a copy from there a couple of weeks ago). It did get delayed until this month, so it's likely that you won't see large quantities of it until this/next week.
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
micpp wrote:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2013-05-06/retailer/sentai-filmworks-recalls-kids-on-the-slope-bd-release

It looks like Sentai is doing a recall, not sure how this affects Hanabee's release. For what it's worth I haven't been able to find the local release in any shops or any websites apart from Hanabee's own site.

And I just happened to cancel my copy from TRSI last night... Oh well, should be another Sentai sale shortly.
Timesplitter 01
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
boredandlazy wrote:
[..]

And I just happened to cancel my copy from TRSI last night... Oh well, should be another Sentai sale shortly.

According to my research it should be sometime mid to late June.

The Funimation sale should be coming before the end of May.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
oday seen some Hanabee titles, not really sure what there like are they good and what other series are they like? the titles are Bodacious space pirates,Bakemonogatari,Nisemonogatari and Dusk Maiden of Amnesia .
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, they're all good. Dusk Maiden of Amnesia is the weakest, but even that's pretty good.

Hrm. DMoA is about what you'd expect: good, but no surprises in terms of the-sort-of-show-it-is. Not a critique.

The best of the lot is probably Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari -- the second is a sequel of the first; watch them in production order or you'll be lost -- but they're the sort of show that not everyone would like. Extremely talky -- GitS Innocence talky, or talkier -- and the dialogue itself is... enough to get the MA unassisted by the visuals, and that's hard. It's just, look, large swathes of it are filthy.

The best description I've heard of Bodacious Space Pirates is "genderflipped star trek TOS".... it's not entirely accurate, but it'll give you a pretty good idea of what you're heading in for. Not a fanservice show.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Nargaun thanks for that, it helps a lot.
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nargun wrote:
The best description I've heard of Bodacious Space Pirates is "genderflipped star trek TOS".... it's not entirely accurate, but it'll give you a pretty good idea of what you're heading in for.

Certainly Chiaki is the Spock to Marika's Kirk, at the very least. I'll add that I got a very Martian Successor Nadesico vibe from it - not surprising, given the creative input Sato Tatsuo had on both shows.

Nargun wrote:
Not a fanservice show.

Which is kind of amazing, given that the novels it was based on were titled Miniskirt Pirates.
coldfire
Pants on head crazy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone else picked up dusk maiden?
I'm wonder if anyone else is have problems with the english audio?
Even if their eyes are scorched.Even if their arms are writhing, they will never stop marching head,guided by the will'o the wisp.They will will their way and shoot at point-blak distance,the footsteps that have thrown life away, the trigger that brings death.,the 901 Anti-Tank-Trooper.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nargun wrote:
The best description I've heard of Bodacious Space Pirates is "genderflipped star trek TOS".... it's not entirely accurate, but it'll give you a pretty good idea of what you're heading in for. Not a fanservice show.

Yep, Bodacious Space Pirates is it's own worst enemy in that regard. I put it off for ages thinking it was a fanservice show. Thankful to be wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, Hanabee have announce Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince with English dubs and subs.

Somehow I doubt that they will include the extras included on the Japanese volume 1 and 2 blu-rays (video clips of the OP1 and ED1, and a live event), but it would be great if they could be included.

Chiaki Ishikawa (lyricist of OP1 and ED1, singer of ED1) with Natsumi Kon (singer of OP1 and OP2). Met them both at Tower Records Shinjuku on 13 May 2013. Missed their live show in November 2013 Sad Sad .

Page 8 of 8

Jump to: