Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The General Video Game Discussion Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 338, 339, 340, 341  Next
The General Video Game Discussion Thread
Author
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
madchild wrote:

It's... alright, honestly I don't think it's anything special, I find it difficult to follow and keep track of too. However I will give it a bit longer because everyone says it is so fantastic

It's brilliant if you like open-world/hiking sim type games. It's boring for everyone else. If you aren't hooked in the first 2 to 3 hours of playing the game, the next 20 won't change your mind. It's just more of the same.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
DUCKTALES! WOO-OO!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Typhrus
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thats a blast from the past! I can remember watching it as a kid. The way it plays from the trailer reminds me of the first paper mario game as well.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
DUCKTALES! WOO-OO!

Good ol Ducktales with Scrooge McDuck and his nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie...ah yes I remember it all too well.

I alway's know Scrooge McDuck's voice, it's Alan Young who was in Mister Ed the talking Horse.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Such a catchy theme song... Very Happy
FireAza
Kiichi Goto

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Uh, you guys ARE aware this is a re-make of the Duck Tales NES game, not some new adaptation based on the cartoon right?
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
FireAza wrote:
Uh, you guys ARE aware this is a re-make of the Duck Tales NES game, not some new adaptation based on the cartoon right?

Don't ruin their fun with things like reading comprehension and factual information.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dime_fan3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I remember the game being really hard. As most NES games were back then...

I have a new blog!

http://thirtypixels.wordpress.com
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I remember beating it on my first playthrough.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
FireAza wrote:

Indeed I am. But to me the most enjoyable thing about watching that clip was listening to the cartoon's theme song.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow. Bioshock Infinite. Dat ending.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
Bioshock Infinite.

I'm a few hours in and enjoying it a lot so far - I especially like the art style. It was a bit awkward at first though - I normally use inverted aim but after playing through The Walking Dead (which doesn't let you invert the controls for the reticle) my brain was stuck somewhere in-between. Razz
Mr. Wendal
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I watched my friend play bioshock infinite for a bit. One thing bothered me. You are bloody superman destroying hundreds of enemies an hour.

I used to really like games like that, but now I find myself liking games that are a bit more dangerous. Games that treat me like a regular person in that world rather than a god.

I've been playing Unreal World lately. It's an RPG about surviving the winter in iron age Finland. You can die from starvation, thirst, animal attacks, cuthroats, falling into your own spike pit, exposure, and more. One time a bear knocked me unconscious and then ate me. It's so much fun!

What I really want is for Skyrim to be just like it.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are mods for Skyrim that do that. Have a look at Frostfall.
Mr. Wendal
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had a look at frostfall as well as hunger mods. I plan to try them the next time I play skyrim. But the problem is the solutions to these new problems are just lying around everwhere just waiting to be picked up. So the mods do not introduce new challenges but rather annoying repetitive tasks.

What's really needed is a complete overhaul, changing the access you have to wealth, food and warmth.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm now several hours into BioShock Infinite and am absolutely loving it. It's been almost five years since I played the original only once but I'd have to say Infinite is the more enjoyable game. I'm keen to see where the story goes based on the hints I've seen so far - like the tear through which you hear "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" playing.
~:Sakura:~
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just started playing DC Universe Online.

Is alright so far, but I can't help but keep thinking - this feels and looks so much like Star Trek online it's actually confusing me. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kero-chan wrote:
[spoiler].

Dammit, I missed that one. I found the one for Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (which is also the music in the background of the Battleship Bay area), but not that one or Shiny Happy People.

I may do a much slower playthrough to try and get as many of the sidequests done as possible.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
I found the one for Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

I thought Cyndi Lauper went into stubborn mode and refused to give rights out to any of her music for some time now? Confused
Though I think I have heard her music in some of my TV Shows recently so I guess she's letting them again?
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
Dammit, I missed that one. I found the one for Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (which is also the music in the background of the Battleship Bay area), but not that one or Shiny Happy People.

What's odd is I'm pretty sure they're the original version of the songs, but the end credits don't list the original performers. I also thought that these glimpses into the future would be more central to the ending.

So yeah, I finished it just now. Fantastic game, with only one real complaint: the part where you follow Lady Comstock's ghost to the four tears. I suppose it was meant to serve a storyline exposition purpose but it wasn't much fun to play through.

While the game was great fun to play, I'd have to say the intrigue of the story is what made me tear through it in only a few days. Towards the end I got the inkling that Elizabeth was Booker's daughter and that he was Comstock. The brief visit to Rapture was a real WTF moment - do you think that was just a sly wink to fans of the previous games? I'd be happy to hear other people's interpretation/explanation of the ending.

I'm about to check out the "load chapter" function - hopefully that will let me go back for trophies like "kill X number of enemies with weapon Y"...
YRD9000
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Started playing Bioshock 3 yesterday and have so far heard Fortunate Son twice. "I don't think anyone's heard that song before"
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Started playing Hitman: Absolution on Sunday. This is the first game in the franchise that I've played and I'm enjoying it a lot. I've replayed the first couple of missions multiple times, messing around with how I can get through them and trying to complete the challenges.

On a stealth game-related note, I'm also really looking forward to Splinter Cell: Blacklist. I haven't played a SC game since the Chaos Theory but I like where the series appears to have gone since then. In Blacklist, there are three basic play styles that you are rewarded for, one of them being "panther" which is lethal stealth. I really think there should be a trophy/achievement for beating a level/the whole game using that play style called "Silent But Deadly"....
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished Hitman: Absolution today. A great game that is even better when you have the patience or restraint (or skill) to play it properly (ie: sneaking rather than shooting your way through).
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finally completed Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance on the hardest difficulty Revengeance mode, which is no joke.
So I managed to S Rank the whole of very hard and Revengeance mode.
Revengeance mode is like one or two hits and your DEAD instantly, but your Perfect Parry has a major POWER BOOST and does insane amounts of damage back to your enemy which is very cool.
But the final boss is totally "bat **** insane" (yes even Raiden saids this in one of the final cutscenes, which is quite funny) who can easily kill you in one hit or even just his aura explosion is bad enough.

I think I lost count of how many hours just trying to kill the last boss even on easier difficulties.
To get S Rank you need 'No Damage' or even 'No Kills' to get the most points.
But they're some mission you can still get S Rank and still take damage but you need to make up for points for Longest combo's and Zandatsu's. eg the Lobby mission R-04 which is purely optional extended fight if you didn't take the elevator straight away.

But the funny thing about MGR:R is that when you first play the game it's actually quite HARD even on 'Normal mode' because you don't have any upgrades or sub weapons to begin with so it makes probably the most HARDEST game play EVER.
Once you've played it for hours and managed to play Very Hard, you can S Rank with almost no problem at all since you have the weapons and sub weapons and even 'Wigs'(which can give you unlimited ammo, fuel cells, or even Blade mode everything) that are a great help.
Also playing it for hours I'm starting to get good at this game because you managed to get Perfect Parrying down to every enemy...well at times, but still manage to normal parry all attacks and getting 'No Damage'.

I even bought the Piggyback guide book for this game and it has help me quite a bit even with the VR Missions (Virtual Reality mission) which get harder with each mission.
So far I'm having trouble with VR mission 17 which is 'kill all enemy's with sub weapons', but the difficulty is very hard and you only have basic health and fuel cell levels.
Also with VR missions your weapons and sub weapons aren't fully upgraded to max...so its only basic damage which makes it hard.

I'm almost few trophy's away from Platinum this game but still have tones of 'Titles'(Achievements after finishing the game) to get which requires you to finish the game in certain amount of hours or how many alerts or how many body parts you can cut off totally.
Getting the 'Becoming a lightning God' trophy was a big achievement which is S Rank all of Revengeance was something to be proud of.
But I've heard the of new DLC where you can play as prequel missions for Sam and Blade wolf.
Also trophy's have been renamed because of the word 'God' in them...so 'Becoming a Lightning God' has been changed...but at least I received this title before going online and changing it.

My only concern is getting DLC trophy's when I don't even have any DLC for those games...which is REALLY annoying when you download update patches for your games on the PSN.
Every time you update your game with a patch you suddenly get MORE trophy's which you didn't even WANT in the first place...which makes it hard to get 100%.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Started playing Far Cry 3 over the weekend. Ubisoft has done a great job of refining and improving the design since the previous game. You could just about call it Far Creed 3 because it definitely borrows ideas from that franchise (for the better).
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just bought Mortal Kombat 9: Komplete edition (PS3 version which has the exclusive GoW Kratos)...and this is my first R18+ game well, unless you can count that Aliens vs Predator was R18+ but reclassified to MA15.

My Kombat review of the series.(where c's become k's) Smile

I have to say I've collected or should I say Kollected the first four Mortal Kombat games...but after that I've stopped getting anymore MK games after the number system stopped due to reason they've changed so many things about the game and storyline.

Mortal Kombat 1 to 4 were great games...well 4 no so much but, it was the first to go 3D...but it wasn't as great as the others.
But my favourite have to be MK3 because it had mad combo's(or should I say Kombo's) exclusive to each character.
Some may like the combo system in MK3 or some may hate it since some characters could dish out a 50% damage combo while others barely dish out enough damage with just basic attacks...you could say the balance was a bit out of wack for some characters.
Like for eg. Lui Kang could do a 7 hit combo set, while some could only do a 5 hit system combo set.
It was just some characters had better and longer combo set than others.
Yet character like Kabal could dish out a 56% damage combo after a jump kick, dash spin attack, ground blade as your opponent stopped spinning, 4 hit combo into a uppercut then jump kick attack into head fire ball attack...would have to be my ultimate killer Kombo for MK3. Razz

::MK4::
MK 4 was a bit out of balance but all the characters had the same combo, yet it doesn't mean the exact same combo would do the same amount of damage on all characters.
So the balance on all character were a bit out of wack as some characters seemed like powerhouses while some were nerfed.
Subzero seemed nerfed because he can freeze opponents, letting you do anything you wish after freezing them.
But MK 4 was the first game to introduce weapons that can be swung, thrown or even pick up your opponents weapon.
Also you can pick up boulders and throw them at your opponent.

Ok fast forward ahead to the rest of the Mortal Kombat games...what happened to Mortal Kombat games 5-8...come to think of it, what games were classed as MK 5,6,7 and 8...please remind me since I can't remember the title names for them...as I have to look them up since they didn't use the number system anymore.

I do remember titles like MK Deception and Deadly Alliance but for the life of me can't remember which came first or which is 5 and which is 6.
But from reading up a few sites MK deception is MK 6 and Deadly Alliance is Mk 5.
SO I guess MK Armageddon is MK 7 and I think MK 8 is MK vs DC universe.
But I owned any MK game after MK 4, but I think I played Deadly alliance for a bit.

SO finally up to MK 9 which was the most controversial game to be banned because of its over-the-top flesh and skin hanging from your opponents body after you've done decent amount of damage to your opponent...yes this game is certainly a blood bath or nightmare fuel.
But now we have a R18+ classification it's now time to grow up and have some horror comedy FUN. Razz

The X-Ray part is the horror comedy fun part of this game as it's over-the-top bone crunching (or should I say Krunching)X-ray vision beat down on your opponent when your super bar is full...I like to think of it as unleashing a Level 3 super like in games like Streetfighter game, because it does huge amounts of damage and takes time to build up the meter.

The fatalities are just pure 'nightmare fuel' horror which can be plain horrible and brutal to watch or horror comedy at its best.
I haven't gone into practicing Fatalities just yet or even witnessing all over them, as I've only just purchased the game to begin with.
But this is what MK is all about horror comedy at it's finest and it's certainly not a game to be taken seriously and yet the game was banned due to amounts of gore and it's just pure gore or 'nightmare fuel' as people call it.

The only thing that disappoints me or didn't exceed my expectations was I thought there would be more X-Ray attacks per person, yet there is only 1 X-ray special attack per person as a like a level 3 super.
But then again I didn't know much about the mechanics of this game when it was first released world wide.
But even in games like Street fighter where all character have 3 different levels of there super attacks.
Level 1 super, Level 2 super and Level 3 super etc. and each level does increasing amount of damage and extra attack movements for that character.
But Mortal Kombat isn't Streetfighter so it hasn't really gone into streetfighter mechanics with multiple levels of super bar.

Though MK 9 does have a 3 level super bar but the first two are for enhanced special which enhances your special attacks and then next level is breaker for parry counting and then of course level 3 for X-ray.
But I do think they could of done more with super meter.

As for extras such as Krypt which is unlockables I've yet to fully understand this just yet and what each part unlocks.

::Tag::
MK 9 does have tag fighting option which include tag assist attacks which are very basic tag in and tag out attacks, but THIS IS NOT TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT game as Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is probably the BEST EVER tag game I've played so far for a fighting game.
I haven't played much tag in MK but so far it seems pretty good for a MK game.
But since this isn't Tekken game where you can dish out a combo that can wipe out over 50% of your health bar in just one combo.
YES Tekken is VERY HARSH game and only for EXTREME fighting game enthusiasts.
Tekken can be a VERY UNFAIR game when you thing about it, as your human player opponent will not even let you stand up for one second just so you can block the next 50% damage combo that can decimate you in no time.
So are ALL TEKKEN expert players are just unfair scrubs that won't give you a chance to defend yourself, which is why my Love/Hate for game series like Tekken.

Though MK isn't Tekken, but if you get really good at MK tag I bet you can do some great tag combo's if you get the right opponents together...so it make take me awhile to master all characters and see which characters I like best.
But funny thing about games like MK is that I do not see them as top-of-the-line fighting games.
I see games like Streetfighter and Tekken as top-of-the-line extreme fighting games, as they're the most popular games when it comes to holding official Arcade Tournaments.
MK 1 to 3 were arcade games but as soon as it hit MK 4 it purely went straight to console and home gaming and stayed there for the rest of the series.
The series strayed away from the arcades and was no longer an arcade hit.

But will the Kombat Kontinue after MK 9 as it seems Ed Boon has just wrapped up with Injustice DC universe.
It seems Ed Boon has a thing for the DC universe now.
TheGreatNinjaFanBoy
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://starwars.com/news/electronic-arts-selected-for-multi-year-agreement-for-the-future-of-star-wars-gaming.html

Well then...

It could be okay. I mean, how bad could it be?
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
EA is doing away with online passes.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finished Far Cry 3 this afternoon. What an excellent game. Move over Assassin's Creed - Ubisoft has a new flagship title.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've just discovers something about Mortal Kombat 9 on youtube that I didn't even know was a hidden feature in the game.

Have you all heard or knew about "Toasty Boost" in MK9?
Put a thread bump if you did know about it...because I didn't even know about it until watching a youtube vid on how to do it.
Even the forum Testyourmight.com website has now has a list of every fighters Toasty Boost secret commands.
There so secret the game itself doesn't even list them in the command list.

You know what a Toasty Boost is right?
Well if you didn't know, it's when you do a 'high impact uppercut' to your opponent and you get a "Toasty" which includes a pop-up of Dan Forden head at the corner of your screen saying "Toasty". Razz

Well a toasty boost is a command you input after a "Toasty" that rewards you a full X-ray meter.
But the good thing about this game is that who ever does the Toasty, the toasty boost can go to anybody who races to input the toasty boost command first.
It's quite fun in versus mode when someone does a toasty and your both racing to input the toasty boost command first since only one opponent can get it.
It's even great in tournaments since getting a full x-ray meter would greatly help the outcome of the battle.

I've been watching a few MK9 tournaments online at testyourmight.com and every player pretty much relies on 'breakers' to survive.
I don't see any players ever use x-ray in tournaments because I think they think it's too cheap to win in that way.
Also I think it might anger a lot of other players if one opponent only relied on x-rays to win.
I think a true hardcore MK gamer is winning without x-rays or enchanced special moves and only using breakers to survive.
TheGreatNinjaFanBoy
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, E3 next week. Here's hoping there's some cool stuff to look forward to.
drae
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hoping for some news about FF Versus
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
drae wrote:
Hoping for some news about FF Versus

I heard Final Fantasy versus XIII was cancelled, but then again I've heard it's been renamed and up for PS4...hmm this game certainly been up in the air for a long time.
The Final Fantasy versus XIII has been renamed FFXV and will be exclusive to PS4.

I other news for PS3 and Xbox 360 gamers:
No more games for PS3 or Xbox 360 after 2017...yes 2017 is the end of the line.
So probably by then you probably already have a new console or your just deciding on what to get.
drae
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
FF Versus has transformed into FF 15, you will need a next gen console to play the game and it will be released when you're old, grey and dying of syphillis.

It also seems to be an action game. Like Kingdom hearts Sad
Sethscar
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The new Call of Duty game is like going blind; it's really crap, but you get a dog.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So anyway, Saints Row IV got refused classification.

Internet rage in 3... 2...
Sethscar
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had a feeling I'd been beaten to this. What a joke, I mean I sorta get it but seriously, why do we have an R18+ classification?
TidalWave_Jeannette
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Borderlands 2 question Reply with quote
I'm not sure about the logic here, but I wonder why the Crimson Raiders didn't hack the New-U stations so funds would be diverted to them? (Remember, when someone dies in Borderlands games, Hyperion takes some of your money.)
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sexual violence has always been a big "NO!" from the OFLC, so you know, not really a surprise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Typhrus
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yet one can still pre-order it from Steam.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also, State of Decay got RCed today.
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
State of Decay was one I was really looking forward to.
hopefully they can pull a Fallout 3 and change the drug names to something else to get the game past cert.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's a pretty clear history of drugs causing problems for games. Not sure why they'd try without changing the names, really.

It was said when the rating was introduced that drugs and sexual violence standards would remain as they were.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I loved Saints Row 3 and laughed hysterically at stuff like punching someone below the belt or hitting someone with the ridiculous sex toy melee weapon, but what the OFLC describe as being possible in Saints Row 4 is taking it too far. I say just remove the offending item from the game and be done with it.

The "alien narcotics" side mission could easily be fixed by changing the premise to a problem at the Saints Flow factory - a kind of throwback to the ad for it in Saints Row 3.
~:Sakura:~
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
So anyway, Saints Row IV got refused classification.

Internet rage in 3... 2...

Once I read that it was based on sexual based violence and reward based drug use - I wasn't REALLY shocked.
Although, pretty disappointing as I was looking forward to this game.

I wonder if they will start making small edits to content like that for the Australian market? Or would that be too difficult?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The name of the new Tex Murphy game has been revealed: Tesla Effect.
drae
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CD Projekt are promising to make the 'quest per pixel' ratio in Witcher 3 as 'high as humanly possible.' I can't freaking wait. I thought the Witcher 2 failed to reach the same heights the original Witcher did, which was disappointing, but the next game is already looking 50 shades of awesome.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm glad it's coming to PS4 because I really wanted play TW2 but don't have a 360.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
drae wrote:
Witcher 2 failed to reach the same heights the original Witcher did, which was disappointing, but the next game is already looking 50 shades of awesome.

I wouldn't say The Witcher 2 was EPIC FAIL or even a Failure as many people have purchased the game and many have played it...but no one has said it was an outright failure as that's just taking it a little too far criticism.

Sure there have been some complaints are about the fighting mechanics were different or more difficult than TW1 and people were struggling with the new system.
There were 'some things that were off' like certain Armours you collected served no purpose when you just got an even better armour the next Act.
So by the time you collected all the pieces of a "special armour" you realize it had terrible armour rating compared to the next Act armours which was easily purchased from a merchant.
SO this "special armour" wasn't all crack up to be, as it was sort of in the wrong act at the wrong time...or by the time you got the 'Last piece' it was worthless when you got it.
So the balance of Armour in TW2 was really off as you could just wait until the next Act to get even better armour than before.

Another complaint is that the game seems a little shorter than TW1 as it had shorter Acts towards the end, but it DID indeed have multiple paths that can be taken.
e.g In TW2 You could take the non-human's role or the human's role paths like in TW1 but this time you had even more multiple path per decision and each had consequences per decision.
Basically you had to play and finish the game multiple times per non-human and human roles to see how things ended differently...so I guess you could say more different endings.
Some paths seemed more 'selfish to Geralt's neeeds' than to actually been a hero to others or even save the entire nation.

That's one thing I always like about The Witcher series games is that you had to choose your choices very wisely otherwise you end up being an anti-hero than an actual hero...as there is no such thing as good or evil in your choices as it's either 'hero' or 'anti-hero' or in other words 'selfish' or 'selfless'.

::The story::
In each game you learn more about Geralt's background from the books, but surprising you start off with amnesia in TW1 so you have to go around 'finding yourself again' and learning who you were.
'Amnesia' - a concept added in a game so ones learning a character from the beginning all over again or to 'make fresh' to those who haven't read the books...it sounds cliché but funny enough it seems to work in TW1 if you haven't followed the books before playing the game.
If Geralt didn't start with amnesia in TW1 people would be confused and the story would be different as like start reading a book from the middle to end.
In TW2 you start by getting arrested and robbed of all your gear so you have to start from scratch and this time your on a revenge mission and also you want to clear your accused name.
So I can't say TW2 was all that bad storyline compare to TW1.

::Witcher 3: Wild Hunt::
I think what makes TW3 good is that we are going to see more depth of the Wild Hunt.
So we might see characters from the books that so far haven't made the games yet like Geralt's true girlfriend Yennefer or maybe even Ciri for that matter.
But I don't want to get my hopes up too high as to get disappointed but it seems this game will tie all loose ends to what happened to Geralt and the Wild Hunt.

Also you can look up on wiki on the term 'Wild Hunt'- a ancient folklore of a spectral group of Horseman...so it's good that games can bring out old ancient folk tales and make them interesting again.
drae
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't know which thread to post this in, but I just wanted to give a warning to the people on the forum.

Gamelane is a small, online game shop operated from Sydney. It used to be pretty good, with relatively cheap prices and extremely quick delivery times. Unfortunately, the shop has gone to the dogs.

Errors frequently occur with your order, and the people who operated the shop seem to have dropped off the face of the Earth. You can ring them but the phone is never picked up (I know there's people there, they just don't pick up) and they don't respond to their emails. A quick trip over to their facebook page will show a bunch of unhappy customers over the last 2 months. Speaking of facebook they haven't posted on there in months, and they seem to have disappeared from Twitter as well. This means if an error does occur with your order, it's impossible to get in contact with them.

The shop has completely changed for the worse in a very confusing and disappointing way. Doing business with them is quite the risk.

I blew $50 over at Gamelane, not enough to make me follow up officially, but enough to teach me a lesson with regards to being careful using online shops. That even shops which were trustworthy in the past can change.

Not many people use Gamelane, but I just wanted to post a warning just incase there are people on here who do. I'll be doing my shopping at ozgameshop.com from now on.

Page 339 of 341

Jump to: