Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Which one...

Which one...
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Which one... Reply with quote
I've watched the first episodes of the following shows and I can't decide which ones I want to buy.

Mysterious Girlfriend X - the spit thing kinda grossed me out and intrigued me at the same time. The main girl character is interesting. My concern is since it's a romance show does it get filled with tons of filler and pointlessness? Does it end nicely?

Oreimo - I liked the first episode and have read the first 2 volumes of the manga and like it. Again, similar concerns with above - does it move along at a nice pace or does it fall off a cliff at some point?

Another - I liked Elfen Lied and like the gothic look of the show. Even though I've heard mixed things about this series, it reminds me of any Japanese Horror - like the Grudge, a bit silly but good fun. Does it get annoyingly stupid near the end or just funny stupid?

Yes all very different shows and genres here. Was hoping someone might be able to answer my many questions xD

Thanks for reading!

My Eureka 7 avatar was made by 'starshapedcandy' @ http://starshapedcandy.livejournal.com/?tag=animanga:+eureka+7
glitchhunter
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can answer that yes, Another does get annoyingly stupid. Some people seem to like it though. Don't know why.

Mysterious Girlfriend X is pretty good all through. Can't remember what the end was like but I'm sure it wasn't bad (or I would remember and be angry, lol). It shows the development of their relationship very well. I'd recommend this one.

As for Oreimo, it's not bad. I liked it at the start but kind of got over it. It's quite popular though, so you probably would like it.
Chii_123
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Glitchhunter for the awesome, helpful response Smile

Think I will be crossing Another off my purchase list and get Mysterious Girlfriend X instead Razz

I will stick with the manga of Oriemo for now.

My Eureka 7 avatar was made by 'starshapedcandy' @ http://starshapedcandy.livejournal.com/?tag=animanga:+eureka+7

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: