Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Diablo III

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Diablo III
Author
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
Just saving up 50K in the game takes a bit of work just by picking up junk and selling it.
Even if you do sell cheap items your only gain like 5 or 10 coin for common items.
Magic items you get at least over 100 coin.
Rare you get into a few hundreds but still it ain't much.

you do know the higher level the item is the more it sells right? when you hit inferno you will find that you get a lot more gold then you are now Goku...

I know your pain StorminNorman, a death for me is like 13-15k....
was going around last night with a friend, even with all the deaths I came out with 10k extra gold and a few nice items (a really nice neck my friend wants me to "sell" to him....)

back to Goku, you do know that white items are priced so low your not expected to pick them up and sell them right? blizzard when in beta said they changed it because they found people filling there packs with white items and found it wasn’t enjoyable. They even went to say that even after the sell cost reduction that they find people still picking up and selling the items they would make them worth 0…
they say the reason for white items is when you open a box/kill an elite they like the joy people experience when they get the “loot explosion” even if you have to shift throu the white POS’s
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Loot explosion? I think I know what you mean about enjoying loot exploding.

Downloaded the latest patch today yet it didn't seem to make much difference to me or even fix the cinematics for one thing.
I think it made improvements to durability and repair costs.
The amount of durability loss from 'Wear and tear' is different to durability loss from death...which is good that its reduced.
Nothing worse than having to pay alot of money to keep repairing your gear just from normal combat wear and tear when you haven't even died.

Looks like we might be getting a patch fix each time maintenance comes up.
Well Step-at-a-time fix but lets hope they fix everything eventually.

As for selling items always knew legendaries would be worth more when selling but didn't know about all items getting an increase in sell price the higher the item level...thanks for that.

I had some really painful deaths lately.
I once died TWICE by the same monster because I got STUCK TWICE and couldn't move a muscle and just died....NOT HAPPY JAN.(Sorry I had to put the yellowpages ad joke!) Laughing Mad

Then I died another time almost the same way AGAIN...GETTING STUCK and can't move...sheesh this is very bad.

Nothing worse than getting surrounded by a RARE and Champions at the SAME TIME...YEEESH.
One monster...you know the BIG SAND Dwellers ones with reflect projectiles ability...well I had One Rare with "Shields" and three other Sand Dweller minions also with shields chasing me....they're nasty and brutal even with shields those giants.
Having them reflect projectiles plus having shields is like having double protection for them so it makes them seriously hard to kill.

Then I accidentally ran into a pack of champions while still trying to outrun and kill the SandDwellwers..OUCH.
The champions had frost enhanced so they could freeze me solid so I couldn't move after they vortexed me while the SandGiants pounded me into oblivion while I was frozen solid...OUCH AGAIN. Mad

The third time I died (this was another time) was with those Spinning blade monsters.
I got STUCK into a corner with three of those spinning blade monsters and even frost nova froze them and I STILL COULDN'T MOVE out of the corner...I was FULLY STUCK even when the enemy was frozen solid.
Mouse clicking couldn't save me...potions were used and too slow for it to cooldown to use again.
I couldn't teleport out of there because I hadn't had it equipped and even my Archon+teleport ability was still recharging in cooldown mode.
I was stuck and had to die.
Trying to killing three champions on top of me and forcing me into a corner just wasn't going to end well.
The three champions had the plague ability what puts green poison at your feet so I think this stopped me from moving aswell and the blades keep pushing me into the corner so I was stuffed.
It was a horrible death of being hopeless and can't move...If I was hardcore I would probably be crying over me death. Laughing

The game is fun...but facing horrible deaths are just painful to watch and you just feel helpless to get out of it.

When I do get to play Hardcore I know I can survive normal mode easy but Nightmare mode will just bring tears to my eyes when facing elites...or maybe I just run away when I see them. Laughing
I think I might have to level up to level 40 on Normal when playing hardcore...just to be sure I got some beef in me when playing Hardcore.
Also I will probably have teleport ability at all times so I won't get stuck too much when in dungeons.
If its open field I tend to run in cirlces but if its dungeons it's hard to run anywhere for some breathing space.

Well it's live and learn.
One thing I have discovered is that the Wizards disintegrate ability can't be reflected by those sand Dweller monters...all other projectile abilities reflect back at you which is a bit dangerous to get killed by your own attack.
But finding which abilities are great against certain monsters is worth discovering too.
drae
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Blizzard has announced they will offer full refunds to all players who have yet to reach LV 40 ....

in South Korea Razz . Well actually, it's more like the Korean Government is forcing Blizzard to offer the refund (after they thoroughly raided Blizzard's offices) as they regard Diablo 3 a broken game, and they seem to have some pretty strict consumer protection laws over there.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/21/blizzard-to-issue-refunds-to-south-korean-gamers-affected-by-diablo-3-server-problems/
chippy
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
just for you goku
patch notes for the last patch
also are you still in nightmare? you do know hell the mobs have 3 ablitys extra and inferno theres 4?

OH and also someone last week (20th of june) 2 people finished the game on hardcore inferno. a mage and barbarian. look up Kripparrian and Krippi

----------------------------------------------
June 28
Items
•General

◦The drop rates for high-end items (items level 61-63) have been increased for Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty and Acts I – IV of Inferno difficulty:

■The new approximate drop rates are as follows:

■Hell – Act III and Act IV

■iLvl 61: 9% to 13.9%

■iLvl 62: 1.9% to 3.45%

■iLvl 63: 0% (no change)
■Inferno – Act I

■iLvl 61: 17.7% to 23.9%

■iLvl 62: 7.9% to 12.6%

■iLvl 63: 2.0% to 4.8%
■Inferno – Act II

■iLvl 61: 18.6% to 23.3%

■iLvl 62: 12.4% to 18.6%

■iLvl 63: 4.1% to 9.3%
■Inferno – Act III and Act IV

■iLvl 61: 24.1% to 27.1%

■iLvl 62: 16.1% to 21.7%

■iLvl 63: 8.0% to 16.3%
•Bug Fixes

◦Fixed a bug with several items that would allow those items to block pathing when dropped on the ground
Bosses
•General

◦Bosses are now guaranteed to drop at least 1 Rare item for players with 4 stacks of Nephalem Valor and at least 2 Rare items for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor
Bug Fixes
•General

◦Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur when a player was interacting with environment objects (e.g. opening chests or clicking on a lectern)

◦Fixed several additional game and service crashes
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I read about two co-op guys finishing Inferno with a Hardcore players...NICE!
I think one player was saying "Don't get cocky" after being picked up grabbed by Diablo after he got caught in the bone cage...I know the feeling as I got caught once in Normal but I did survive it.
Didn't even die once to Diablo even when playing Normal...but yet I only died once in Normal mode because I got Cocky. Laughing

I'm ACT III Nightmare as I was grinding a bit in ACT II for the 'Ancient Device'....YES, YES I know a lot of people are trying to get the Ancient Device achievement "Wheel of Misfortune" or even trying to get the Ancient Device to appear in the Desolate Sands.

I have got it 1/10 times so far and it was those Sand Dweller Giants appeared and I after I killed 2 of them I got a chest but didn't know if I could use the device again.
SO apparently each time is random and can only be used once...but to get the whole 10 achievements you have to use the device 10 times...so that can be a lot of reloading and each time will be random.

So that's a lot of playing in the Desolate Sands just for one achievement.
when you get it? just curious.

I'm level 50 so far and I managed to get my first legendary item of Bracers in Nightmare mode...what luck is that HAHA! Razz
Lucky for these legendary bracers it gives be 7% movement speed plus a few other stat increases but it's not what you call top-of-the-line legendary item.
It's a low level legendary which good enough just to get it.
The ilvl is 36 but for a Legendary you get more stuff on it.
The movement speed it quite a bonus for me this early in difficulty...since getting items with any movement speed is rare.

I do find that being lvl 50 I'm getting better gear but the chance of dropping a legendary in nightmare is very lucky.

I also found more account bound unique items which is part of the staff of Herding...YES YES GOOD I'm getting there to make it to the pony level. Razz

The Gemstone dropped in ACT III Ice cave...and so far what people said is true about that it does drop in an Icecave in ACT III.

But I think I'm missing one ingredient.
I have:
Mushroom ..Check
gemstone..check
Leoric's foot...check.
Wirt's Bell...check.
I heard about liquid rainbow...Don't have? which was suppose to be ACT II but didn't get it. Sad

I still don't know what the pages of the Black rock ledger do?
But I think alot of people don't know what the pages are for either.

I also have Weird items like:
Griswold's Worn Edge
The Clipper - "Don't drop it...you might lose a toe".
But whether these item are used for certain quests or not is still unknown.
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
I heard about liquid rainbow...Don't have? which was suppose to be ACT II but didn't get it. Sad

I still don't know what the pages of the Black rock ledger do?
But I think alot of people don't know what the pages are for either.

The parts for the staff are all rare drops, just keep going back to the correct area and it will drop eventually.

as for the pages, they are part of an Easter Egg.
the pages found near a boat called the Black Rock and each page is one of the following numbers.... 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, & 42
This is a reference to the TV show "LOST"
They don't 'do' anything.

SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Black rock ledger ain't really storyline spoilers...but yeah I heard that it may relate to the Tv show LOST...but whether you choose to believe it or not.

I could easy go back to ACT II but I spent so much time there grinding that I decided to move on and look for Liquid Rainbow later.
You could easily grind ACT II for achievements like getting blade of rakanishu and using it against Bashiok.
I managed to get the shrine of Rakanishu achievement but I didn't know I had to pick up the Rakanishu blade as I didn't know if it dropped or not.

I order to get the achievement for using the Rakanishu blade against Bashiok I think you just need to unequipped you primary skill to have it 'weapon only' and then just physically attack him with the blade to get the achievement...but i managed to miss all this as i didn't check my challenges...ah well I can easily go back.

Also I did managed to kill Bashiok but I didn't have the blade on me.

Also Ancient Device in Desolate sand is also worth revisiting.

But right the moment I'm glade to just get a single legenday item. Smile

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
No it is a spoiler, some people like to figure that sort of thing out themselves and not have the answer handed to them.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it Spoiler or Secret?
There's no answer to it.
chippy
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
a nice and intersting write up on MF and what it actully does

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/57939-ongoing-project-magic-find-and-its-efficiency-a-statistical-insight/
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That is very interesting read.

The way I always thought MF was this:
Each monster has their own chance to drop such item such as common/magic/rare/set/legendary.

Having 100% on MF doesn't mean you have 100% chance of getting rare items.
It just means you have more chance of the Monster dropping a certain item...but the item will STILL be a 'random chance of dropping' the quality items.

Some monster might have have a higher drop percentage when it comes to rare/set/legendaries.
eg Elites/Sub-Bosses/Bosses will most probably have higher drop percentage for rarer items.
So your more likely to get 1 rare or even 2 rare on Bosses.

But if your MF find is say 100%...Does that mean you will always get 2 rare items from the Major Bosses?...Hmm well it still can be a random drop rate.

Eg. When I killed Azmodan in Nightmare I didn't get any rare items even when my MF percentage was low.
SO if my MF was 60% or more, would I have gotten at least 1 rare if my MF was higher?
Well the answer is...Azmodan chance of dropping a rare would be higher because my MF percentage was higher...but there's still a chance that drop will be random quality items.
Like I might not get 1 rare but I might get more magic instead...so its still random.

I managed to get my first Legenday item in Nightmare ACT III even when my MF was low...and I killed an Elite.
So I think it was just random chance of 'LUCK' that gets you quality items from Elites

But then again what I say is not 100% proven to be true and I'm just interpreting from what others say.
Some what I say maybe true but yet to confirm which part of is true or false.
Just like the guy who wrote that topic...Some of the stuff he discovered could be pure random chance of luck in his findings.
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:

But then again what I say is not 100% proven to be true and I'm just interpreting from what others say.
Some what I say maybe true but yet to confirm which part of is true or false.
Just like the guy who wrote that topic...Some of the stuff he discovered could be pure random chance of luck in his findings.

The bolded is why he used a large sample size. while luck still plays its part, the larger he sample size the more accurate his findings become.

His conclusions match my own observations, high magic find means you find more rares over a play session.

With the Nephalim Valor Buff now ensuring a Rare off every elite pack when at max stacks it is now debatable if MF is worth itemising for. (you still should get more rares off non-elite packs with high MF)

Also re. your boss observations, they are slightly off.
The very first time you kill each boss you get a large bonus that makes it almost guaranteed that you will get at least 1 rare.
Any time you kill them after that first kill (for example if you kill them on another difficulty) you do not have that bonus so the chance of getting a rare is much lower.

Once you get to level 60 you start earning the Valor buff which greatly improves your chances of finding rares
chippy
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Viking wrote:
The very first time you kill each boss you get a large bonus that makes it almost guaranteed that you will get at least 1 rare.
Any time you kill them after that first kill (for example if you kill them on another difficulty) you do not have that bonus so the chance of getting a rare is much lower

you are exactuly right, bliz even said that first time killing a boss you get a bonus rare (sometimes I got 2) so there is that hidden MF improvment on first kills

you have to remember, MF say at 100% just means you have double the chance of quality x dropping, you will find that quality x % could be 0.001% so in end you just have a 0.002% of it dropping

I said earler Goku that there wore legendarys for all levels when you wore complaing that there wore not, and I still have yet to get one Sad I feel left out
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Viking wrote:
Also re. your boss observations, they are slightly off.
Any time you kill them after that first kill (for example if you kill them on another difficulty) you do not have that bonus so the chance of getting a rare is much lower.

Ah, I didn't know that...thanks for that.
That actually explains when I was playing Nightmare mode the bosses didn't drop great deal of gear the second time around.

I'm trying to farm ACT IV Nightmare for better gear so I can start Hell difficulty with decent gear.
But farming in ACT IV isn't easy since it's the smallest Act in the game, but also the Monsters are quite strong and it's hard to gain great deals of experience.

When you get above level 50 it takes a while to even level up.
Sometimes you need to level up because the monsters you facing are giving you a bit of a hard time.

One thing I find now is getting items that at least give you better MF.
But the MF items I do have are 'too weak' for me to survive ACT IV...it would be like sacrificing high level stats for higher MF percentage.
But having sacrificed some stats means I going to get KILLED more easy...so its a bit of a dilemma. Laughing
I just probably can't wait until level 60 so I can get NV which will help this.
Awex
Shana

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Blizzard permabans people running d3 in linux w/ wine

Mike wrote:

thats what u get for using a horrible OS, nerd

gotta love blizzard
and their forum users
chippy
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
bliz are takeing comments on MF switching, there proposeing 5 different ways to change the game...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6009371619#1

•Set a Magic Find Cap

•Slowly Adjust Magic Find Over Time

•Use your average MF% or your lowest MF% of the last 5 minutes

•Zero-Out Your MF% for 3 Minutes After Swapping Gear

•Gear Swapping Interacts with Nephalem Valor
Awex
Shana

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't see why they have to remove MF switching, its a perfectly legitimate strategy. I guess we really are still in beta
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Blizzard asking for comments on MF.

But in a 'joking' kinda way the first comment would be from a 'random somebody' who saids "FIX THE GAME ALREADY and stop messing with game mechanics". Laughing

Well it's true the latest patches have broken the cinematics from triggering in the earlier ACTS and so even the MAJOR cinematics aren't triggering at all and only the book cinematics are working in ACTs III and IV.
And now they want comments on MF
How about fixing the game first (which you broke on the patches) before you start messing with mechanics.
::Blizzards MF comments::

It would really be stupid to mess with MF in the first place. Mad
I understand the swapping gear thing as I even have a my own set of armour that give me 60% MF but it's NOT strong enough for combat in later ACTs.
SO you would swap back to more powerful gear to survive.
Like I said before you sacrifice high stats just for a higher MF and then swap gear back to get your powerful gear just so you can get your decent stats back.

But the problem is that some items with MF on them are sometimes terrible or over the place or sometimes not even good enough for combat.

I maybe not level 60 on all characters yet but I think 'Zero out you MF % for 3 minutes after swapping gear' is a bit crazy for Inferno...since your gonna get packs of Elites EVERYWHERE and so sometimes swapping a armour set could mean you will survive the next pack better...But it all depends on gear you find.
The only Con of this is that everybody gonna boycott it anyway and then gonna stand around doing nothing for 3 minutes just so they can get there MF back...so it's kinda pointless.

Slowly Adjust Magic find over time - is NOT going to help me anyway since I'm barely getting legendaries anyway.

I'm not sure about 'Use average MF % or your lowest MF % of the last 5 minute' though.

Capping MF - Capping is just bad game designing and I'm not level 60 yet and I haven't even seen the benefit of NV with high MF% items combined.

I hope they don't just rush into this and make things worse when I haven't even got to inferno yet...just give me a chance to play the game and enjoy it before you start changing stuff.

Another thing to note Option 3 which is about gear swapping for debuff for 3 minutes on MF:
eg If I had two items that BOTH had MF and I wanted to swapped to see the percentage difference it would be greatly be affected by a 3 minute debuff.
Then I WOULD have to WAIT 3 minutes to see the percentage difference...IT'S STUPID.
If you had NV buff also you would lose this too.
Your making people angry then making it FUN.

Best advice is "DON'T CHANGE A THING"
drae
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
When you make a masterpiece that gamers love and enjoy, the one thing that usually follows that masterpiece around are fanboys and admirers. Diablo II has a lot of fanboys and admirers. Diablo III was made by a different group of people and abandoned a lot of what made Diablo II a masterpiece. So when one of the Diablo II designers, David Brevik, echos comments made by the community on why people dislike Diablo III, the lead designer of Diablo III, Jay Wilson, said to “F*ck that loser.”

The entire interview is superb. Absolutely superb. Brevik keeps it civil but poignant, making points and bringing out things that gamers have been complaining about and suggesting to Blizzard to fix on the forums since the release of Daiblo III.

Now check out this image of Facebook chatter from the Blizzard South group and Jay Wilson's now meme-worthy “F*ck that loser.”

Well that was cheery.

The real kicker is that everything Brevik says is true and the criticisms have real-world reactions to them, specifically with the player drop-off rate, which was reported by several different independent firms at being close to 65%. Blizzard blamed the drop-off on a lack of end-game content, but I'm sorry, if you lose that many gamers within a two-month span and the general consensus amongst Diablo II fans and the lead designer is that your game is decent but heavily flawed, you need to come off your high-horse and realize that there are no long-term sales for a game like Diablo III unless you get to fixing.

I'd also like to point out that ARPGs and loot-grinding games don't need end-game content to keep players playing...heck, Borderlands, Torchlight and Diablo II are proof that as long as the loot is interesting and the grind is fun, gamers will keep lootin' and grindin'.

Of course, the other problem is the always-on DRM and the accompanying Real-Money Auction House -- both of which have caused Blizzard a number of legal problems in France, Germany and Korea -- and are the prime culprits for a lot of the outrage. That's not to mention all the other people who have had their accounts banned and their money usurped by shady Real-Money Auction House policies and still have no resolution to their problems.

Ultimately, I disagree with Jay Wilson. Despite selling 10 million copies on name alone and having a bunch of websites that don't really mean much anymore when it comes to representing the interest of the gaming community give your game high scores, there's still the reality that a lot of gamers aren't happy and everything that's wrong with the game stems from a problem Blizzard doesn't want to fix.

Jay Wilson saying to Brevik to “F*ck that loser” is basically Wilson telling the entire Diablo III community to go “F*ck off”. I'm also inclined to side a bit more with the guy who made Diablo a legendary name as opposed to the guy who helped bury that name under Real-Money Auction House: The Game.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-Jay-Wilson-Tells-Diablo-2-Designer-Fans-F-ck-Off-45895.html
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Diablo 3 expansion Reaper of Souls announced for 2014.

As always the past two Diablo games originally have only 4 Acts and usually there's a space left for a fifth Act when the time comes.

The new fifth Act will also include a new class 'the Crusader' character which is based on the Paladin class character in D2.

I could name my crusader characters off the Berserk characters e.g. since Farnese is the Holy See or Holy Iron Chain Knights, I could name my female crusader Farnese. Razz

Also the new cap level will increase to level 70 and now unlimited paragon levels.

---------------
Paragon levelling and Monster Power have been introduced since the games launch.

As you know Paragon level help increase magic find and gold find and also add a slight increase to all stats after reaching cap level.
SO far my Wizard is the only class to have reach level 60 with a level 12 paragon, which helps gives me over 300% magic find when I have 5 level of Nephalem valor.

A lot of people complain that they couldn't find any legendary items so they introduced paragon levelling to help your magic find.
So far I found at least 5 legendary items and I've even have received the 'SAME' legendary weapon twice from the SAME elite monster in the same area.
YES I managed to get two legendary items with the same name but they both have different properties to each other.
One rolled at higher stats to the other...unfortunately the weapons are only for a level 60 Demon hunter class and yet I don't have a level 60 Demon Hunter yet. Laughing
Which is the funny thing about any rare or legendary items is that you don't know if it suited to your class until you identify it first.

There's now a Monster power which also helps your magic and gold find.
Monster power as you know you can adjust monster power level so you can get more chance of getting rarer items...but the problem is that the monsters get twice as hard each time you adjust the monster levels.

I personally rather stick to MP0 but I will try MP1 just so I can find some more crafting plans.
Though I won't dare MP10 unless I'm fully equipped with level 63 items that give me a massive power boost.

I STILL haven't found ANY SET plans or set items which makes me wonder how on earth do you find them...then I found out that people have been using Monster Power to increase their magic find.

I'm still playing D3 to this date and planning on getting every single crafting plan dropped.
Jewel crafting plans are the hardest to find.
Though some choose to go to Auction house to buy rare plans and items, but so far I've NEVER even touched Auction house once.

I finally manage to craft the staff of herding but yet to have the chance to used it since I'm grinding inferno.
I took me ages to find liquid rainbow in the path to oasis area.
Zaven the alchemist very rarely shows up so he can open a door to the mysterious cave...and then you have to have the mysterious chest in the cave which holds the liquid rainbow...so the odd are against you all the time for finding rare items.
But the game is still fun.

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The best ARPG experience you can buy right now is Torchlight II with Synergies Mod.

Diablo 3 is an awful grind right now. Hopefully the expansion and Loot 2.0 fixes everything that's currently wrong with the game. Some of the new legendaries look nice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The main problem with D3 that getting items in D2 was SOO much easier.
Even set items popped up from time to time in D2 but D3 you can't even fine ONE set item and then your just lucky to find any legendary items.
I think I can count about 6 legendary items so far and MOST of them were ONLY found in inferno.
So it makes you feel that levels 1 to 59 were a complete WASTE because you can only get decent items until your level 60 and have enough paragon levelling to help your Magic Find.
Also crafting plans only drop in inferno so you feel the past 3 difficulty levels were a waste too.

::Grinding in inferno::
I tried Monster Power 1 in inferno and I have to say it's freaking rape and murder twice over...it makes me want to go back to MP0 its THAT BRUTAL. Shocked Laughing
The thought of MP10 scares me...My character will be like dead 10 times before you even know it. Laughing

The bad thing about Monster power is that you can die 6 times just to trying to kill ONE elite pack...its THAT CRAZY.
Even the normal monsters pack a punch and you feel like your shooting a BB gun at a tank because your only doing chip damage....you feel SO weak.

:Expansion pack::
Its so exciting to the point you can say "shut up and take my money"

Though I have to ask when the expansion pack comes in, how does this affect out level 60 characters who are already in inferno.
DO we have to go back to 'normal difficulty' just to do ACT 5 so we can continue on to the other difficulty levels?

But I've found a forum topic in Battle.net of all changes that will take place with the new expansion.

So far I've read there is paragon point system where you can choose to put your paragon points into any stat at anytime and you can make as many chances as you want.
SO it's best to play now and build as much paragon points as possible since it will reward you when you get the expansion.
Though a lot of people will question how will it affect there current legendary items since the new cap level is level 70 and so level 60 legendary items may not look so great until they get a level 70 legendary.

I've also read there's a new artisan that can re-roll the chance of 'random properties' and so forth so you can get 'another random chance' at better properties.
This will work on Legendary items so you might just get better properties the second time around on a legendary item when you do a re-roll.

Their also Nephalem trials too which I think may be something to do with multiplaying...I'm not too sure on this one but you get a random portal to a place or something for a challenge.

I can slightly remember when Diablo 2 released there expansion pack Lord of Destruction some players were affected and reverted back to certain character levels because on the installation of the expansion pack.
But all the changes from installing an expansion pack made the game so much better since it explore runes and rune words and so on in D2.
SO remember after the 1.10 patch in D2 you could use the Horadric cube to upgrade your rare and unique items in to 'exceptional' and 'elite'...well that was cool because you could get more damage out of weapons and also you could increase your armour rating from all your unique/rare armours.

SO this new expansion pack just may get players back into the game since there SO MANY new things that have been teaser.
Level 70 means more skills and more passive skills or all classes which is exciting. Very Happy
I do hope they make something more epic for the Wizard and something more on Archon abilities.
But I like to know but what new skill runes would be at levels 60 to 70 for each classes.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been playing D3 quite a lot lately and something is usually bugging me with the whole Magic find and finding "Set Items".

I already have 375% Magic Find and yet I get a lot of Rares and sometimes lucky to get even a legendary drop.
But set items are another story I like to talk about.

::Set Items::
Probably the most ULTRA RARE items in the game and yet people do wonder do they ever drop?
They look cool and also collecting the set gets you bonuses.
Has anyone here played D3 found a set item as a drop? or have you only bought them off AH.

I personally WANT Tal Rasha set for my Wizard.
You CAN buy the set on AH, but people there are so greedy you can't even afford it which is so ridiculous.
I would cost a 150K to 1.5 Trillion gold coins just to get one set of armour...its really not worth wasting your money on one item.
I personally have NOT EVER seem a green item drop and I do hope that I do get to get some in future.

SO far some people have about 6 characters and most of them at level 60 and yet have set items and legendaries when you check out their "profile" you can see what their characters are currently wearing.
But question is how did they get their loot? was it drop or AH?

::Legendary items::
I so far have 9 Legendaries items as of NOW and most of them only dropped in inferno of constant grinding.
Only first legendary item dropped was as in nightmare mode and the rest only dropped in inferno.
So grinding hell mode did seem like a waste of time.

SO far I've farm vault of the assassin and this place is very good to me as I have found 3 legendary items in this place and also this place has a lot of elite in this place.
I found 2 of the same legendary items called "Dawn" which is a demon hunter hand crossbow.
Both Dawn's have different stats but the first one I found had over 900 DPS while the second one had over 700 DPS.
So far I have given them to me demon hunter class but I can't use them yet until he's level 60. Very Happy

I now just yesterday I have found 2 legendaries but not on the same run:
Oculus Ring (around the desolate sand caves)
The Butcher's Sickle also found in the vault of the assassin.

I can probably name all the legendaries that I have but your probably won't be interested.

D3 console is out now and you can be offline which is good and all but seeing the reviews of it on Good Game did seem different compare to the PC version which seems a bit more powerful.
Trying to play group battles on console with one TV seems like a struggle.
As I haven't gone into group battles I do wonder how people manage their loot when everybody wants to do their own thing.

Also with group battles I do find the community would only want players who can do over 200K DPS to even 300K DPS when doing high monster power runs.

The only problem I'm facing now is trying to get loot that will take me higher than 30K DPS unless I stick to only level 63 items and also have set items.
But find any set items are the real problem.
I've learnt to get any high DPS in the 100K or more you need to focus on Critical Damage, Critical Chance and Attack Speed.
So my game play of finding loot is a struggle but it still fun grinding at times.
But I find some days playing for 5 hours straight and you STILL get nothing good and yet other days you get a legendary straight off the bat in the first minute of playing...it's quite funny how this game works.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Play the PS3 version.

Legendaries drop like candy. It's great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was wondering how the console version is fairing up to its expectations.
But for myself I'm not going to go out an buy the console version since I'm already playing the PC version currently as it is and still enjoying it.
I think people are buying the console version just so they can be offline.

Personally I don't mind being offline and all but I don't want two versions of the same game...and also I like playing with mouse and keyboard when it comes to the Diablo series.

I just found another Legendary last night surprising and that's my 10th legendary item...but it's a Monk class helm...ah well better than nothing.
It's funny that you can find legendary items for other classes when your not even playing that class.
eg. Finding a legendary level 60 items for a Monk or Demon Hunter class only items and yet your currently playing as a Wizard or some else other than that class. Laughing
I do have a two demon hunter class legendary hand crossbow weapons but have yet to reach level 60 with my Demon hunter to equip them...so in technically their still sitting in the Demon hunter's backpack 'waiting' until reach level 60. Very Happy

I swear you need to make as many class characters as possible so that IF you find any legendary items for specific class you can swap the items between your stash and character backpack.
My stash is completely FULL of potential level 60+ items. Laughing
So I swear I do need to manage my inventory.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
Play the PS3 version.

Legendaries drop like candy. It's great.

I just got a new PC but I'm hearing that the tweaked loot drop rates are pretty game-changing so I'll probably get it on PS3 after all.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have been having quite a bit of luck this whole week as I had 2 Set items drop for me.

My first ever set item is ShenLong's Relentless Assault fist weapon for the Monk and it's only a two part set as set of fist weapons.

My second set item is Zunimassa's Marrow chest armour which is 5 part set of the Zunimassa's Whispers set.
The good thing about this set it can be worn for the wizards and Witch Doctor's.
It's mainly for the Witch Doctor for the "complete set" but you can use it on a wizard as well, but you can't complete the set ,as you can only use items that aren't class set to Witch Doctor.
eg. For my Wizard I can use the chest armour, boots and ring only.
I this case it gives bonus to Intelligence and 55 to Resist All Elements.

I also have found about 13 legendary items and 2 set items in total.
I'm trying out all the other classes now and slowly getting them up to level 60 before the expansion comes out.
Among the legendaries I have at least 3 legendary items for Demon hunter and 2 are hand crowssbows and one a Cloak.
The cloak is The Inquisitor which apparently looks cool on a Demon Hunter.

I haven't even used the Auction house once but I have been checking it out and comparing the items you find and see if they're worth anything if I sell them.
I found the only things worth selling on AH are items that have High Armour rating and High damage rating.
So if you have armour that is high in number say for e.g chest armour that is 800 armour or more it would be worth selling.
Another example is weapons that are over 900 dps are worth selling.

But sometimes your just lucky just to get legendaries or set items that are over 500 or more.
So sometimes your legendaries aren't even worth selling which can be a problem if you need the gold coins to save up for Marquise gems upgrading.
I found a Ruby Marquise plan but the only problem is it takes 20 million gold coins to craft the gem. Shocked
I would take you weeks just to save up 20 million gold coins.
So the only solution is to sell items on the Auction House.

But I have to ask "What about console version? since you don't have Auction house then how the hell do you save up 20 million just to buy one single Marquise gem then.
Are Marquise gems still worth 20 million to make on console version or is it reduced in cost? or they mainly drop on hardest difficulties?
Only the console gamers can answer this question.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got three pieces of Natalya, a Manticore and the Demon Hunter ring set on Sunday.

PS3 loot lololololol.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
::Just on the Blizzard update::
The Auction House will officially and permanently be shutdown on March 18, 2014 as Blizzard have decide to remove it due to the new loot 2.0 system and reaper of souls expansion pack.

The AH was basically a "buy to win" policy and gamers like me prefer to play and hunt for great loot than to buy a cheap tactic to win.

So we will have until March if you still want to use it.
But most gamers are looking forward to the new loot 2.0 system and the expansion pack.
So this time we will get fair play to the dropping of loot.
I do prefer the AH gone as even now when you check it the best loot is too damn expensive and people are greedy with selling prices.
On average it would take 15 mil or more just to buy a set item or legendary item...which is enough to break ya bank if your trying to save up for gem upgrades or something like it.

::More legendary finds::
I just found another two legendaries yesterday...haha but I hope to get more set item drops.
I notice when I do a very long archon power up kills usually a legendary item drops from one demon in the crowd or a extremely rare plan that it need.
This game is still gets me going as I'm always finding something new.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
I got three pieces of Natalya, a Manticore and the Demon Hunter ring set on Sunday.

PS3 loot lololololol.

I manage to get another two more set items this week and last week.
I also have found the Natalya Embrace chest armour.
Yesterday I found Tal Rasha's Amulet.

I do know the Manticore crossbow...you can sometimes get this weapon with two sockets...if your lucky.
In this case you can equip a Emerald and a Ruby for maximum effect of damage and Critical Damage...probably one of the best Legendary DH weapon out there.

::PS3::
I played a bit of the PS3 version the other day and I have to say it is different with customizing your toon than the PC version.
You have to rotate your analogue stick around your toon to select which types armour or weapon you like to customize for your toon.
Where as the PC version you have a "Vitruvian man" layout of the toons body and you can see what armour and weapons that toon has currently equipped on each body part.

The PS3 does show an animated version what your toon looks like with equipped items on, but I prefer the PC version because it always has the "Vitruvian man" like layout and this layout has always been in all diablo series...so this is where I don't like the console version because it looks different.
The problem with the console version you have to go through the whole cycle of each body part to see which body part you like to change or improve.
I think customizing in PC version is more easier where as the console version will take you a while decide to pick which item you wish.

The thing that takes up most time in diablo series is 'picking at your loot' to see which is better and then discarding any junk or items that's worth selling.
But also freeing up as much space as possible since you can't hold everything...it's not like you have TARDIS in your pocket...though you wish you did.

I have to admit the controls on console analogue stick were simple and that you can use face buttons to interact and trigger buttons to attack.
Though I didn't get to play it enough to have all skills unlocked for each button as I was only a low level Demon Hunter.
The real test of the console version is when you have all skills unlocked and playing on the hardest difficulty and then seeing how well you can dodge those pesky elites and rare demons.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
I do know the Manticore crossbow...you can sometimes get this weapon with two sockets...if your lucky.

SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Impressive!!! Congrats on finding that!
You have two sockets which is lucky.
255 Dexterity which is very good for DH.
You attack speed could of been a little bit higher like 9%.
83% CD is great
But overall you rolled very well on 1498.3 Dmg...though I can't tell if that's with the gems, because usually on the PC version if you equipped gems it will say in 'White' the extra amount added to the item from the gems and there for the Overall Damage of the weapon will still look the same.

One thing I noticed with that picture it doesn't show in 'White' the extra added percentage of damage from the two gems you've added...if you know what I mean.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
4 Days to go until Reaper of Souls is released.
If you Install the game before 31st March you get Wings of Valor for RoS and Valla the Demon Hunter for the game Heroes of the Storm

But the good news is we now have Australian oceania server and so far this week I have tried it and the ping is amazing.
Average ping is 32ms.
Where as before ping was usually over 200ms and can get up to 1000ms on very bad days.
Some gave said their ping got up to about 3000ms which is extremely bad and the game is virtually unplayable.

I've once myself had a very bad ping and my character couldn't even move and so much rubberbanding.

I myself have pre-ordered the Collectors Edition and so I will be getting all the extra goodies with it.
I missed out on getting CE last time and so I missed out on getting the Angel wings.
But I wanted to make sure I get it this time.

The only thing that's a bit of a cash grab about CE is that you get extra 3 slots on top of the Standard Edition number which is 12.
So CE gets 15 slots while SD only gets 12.
Those extra slots come in handy for creating either new or HC characters or for using them as Mule characters to hold that extra stash.

There's so much more Crafting materials now that we need an extra Stash tab, and so far I have heard we are getting an extra 1 stash tab in RoS.
But we really need extra 2 stash tab as it would be better since there's a whole set of new items to collect.

I haven't stopped play D3 since Day 1 and keeping up with all the Blizzard news on the Blizzard forums

But there has been a lot of argument on who's going to get RoS and who's quitting for life on this game.
Loot 2.0 isn't that great so people are leaving the game forever or so they say.
But since with loot 2.0 item affixes have been reduced to maximum of 6 affixes.
Before on 1.0.8 patch we had set item leg gear that could give us 9 affixes.

So I say loot 2.0 is a bit of a kick in the pants when item affixes have been reduced.
The only thing good is that primary stat has been increased dramatically and that I've had items up to 700 Dexterity on some gear.
I could start another entire page topic just on drop rates and legendary/set items in 2.0 and also RoS, but some of the current legendary finds just don't feel that legendary.
So whether your getting expansion or not, your now forced into downloading 2.0 because PC version is always online and you need the latest patch just to play the game.

Also the Auction House is DEAD yes it's DEAD, it when down last week if you did not know.

Without the AH you must now find loot yourself and become a self finder and no longer have to buy to win option like the AH did.
I do think AH was only good for buying materials and gems.
But for buying gear...it was just WAY too expensive just to buy gear.
Some items were in like billions of gold price range.
Never in your life could you save up that amount of in-game gold from just farming.

I'm afraid people abused the AH as a way of earning money.
I hardly used the AH myself and found out people had over 100 millions of gold more than me.
Now the only way you can over 100 million is to sell heaps of gems and gear.
But also flipping which I will not go into as it just sounds almost terrorising AH as conning people out their gold.

I once did sell some gems and all of a sudden I earned about 5 million gold to which surprised me, since I would take me hours just to get 5 mill from just playing the game.

Well can't wait for RoS so I get my characters to level 70 and get a whole set of new gear.
Just from 2.0 the other day I found Cain's Fate plan and Born's Defiance set item plans.
Any sort of legendary/set item plans have been neglected since day 1, because the drop rate system has been very bad on crafting legendary/set item plans.
But at least plan drop rate has improved but I'll be the test of time on RoS gear.

So can't wait until 25th.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone who says loot 2.0 isn't great is a fool to themselves and a burden to others.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My monk has been kitted out in all rare gear and a legendary or two since about level 20. Not sure if legendary gear is more common at higher levels or difficulties?
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Legendary gear can now be found at ALL LEVELS now.

I've found two of the same legendary items but at two different levels.
e.g. you can get Nemesis Bracers at level 40 or even at level 60.
It just depends what level your character is currently at to when the item drops.

It's best to get legendaries at higher levels since the stats or affixes will be higher.

I have to admit since 2.0 I've found Cain's fate plan and Born's Defiance plan which are levels 23 and level 20 plans but when I found the plans I wasn't even level 20 when I found them...I was around level a 30 DH when I found Cain's Fate but found Born's Defiance with my level 60 Wiz.

Legendary/set item plans generally drop at anytime as long as your character is about the item drop level.

As for Difficulty drops there really no different.
e.g. Torment levels doesn't mean it drops any better legendaries but the drop rate could be higher at higher levels.
So it makes you ask is it worth farming legendaries at Torment 6 to Torment 1.
I have to admit I have one character on Torment 1 and find it very difficult right the moment since I STILL have level 60 gear on and yet I'm level 70 Wiz
I totally need a level 70 makeover LOL.
So I won't be doing level 2 to level 6 Torment anytime soon.
I think it will take us a while to adjust to higher torment levels with the new gear we have.

I do like Monk and so far around level 65 and just drop some set item fists for the Monk.
The fist weapons look like Street fight gloves that Ryu has.

Now have my Mystic at level 12 now and so far only tried Enchant a few times and it seems a bit of a pain.
You can only enchant one stat and only that one stat over and over again.
But the problem is that sometimes you keep rolling the same stat over and over again which just wastes money and materials.

Which is another problem for D3: RoS since money is kinda hard to get now.
AH is gone so you need to get a lot of gear that has huge Gold Find %.
SO far I'm using Spauders of Zakara which gives me all indestructible armour so I won't need to ever repair which is good for saving money.
I also found a legendary amulet which now gives me 90% Gold Find so these items are good for saving money.

You almost need to make a Gold Find build now if you want to earn money, otherwise crafting and enchanting WILL waste your money.

I've heard players with 200 million Gold now all wasted on crafting and enchant.
So these players do have gambling problems since they don't know how to save money.
But it does make you ask how the hell do you blow 200 million within a week since RoS release.
I only have around 24 million gold and these guys go through gold quicker than anybody else.

I still have to get back into the game and try out my other characters.
Haven't tried Crusader yet since I want to get my other classes up to level 70 first.

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: