Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

What anime are you watching right now?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 253, 254, 255 ... 270, 271, 272  Next
What anime are you watching right now?
Author
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just finished Corpse Princess: shikabane hime

Awesome show really enjoyed it two issues though

1. I wants more Laughing

2. the ending was going really well but they stuff it up in the last 5-10 mins of the show

I like at the end of the ova they put "the end" its a little thing but I like it
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Werewolfforhire wrote:
StorminNorman, I really cannot wait for the release of Eva 3.0 here (although AFAIK no release date yet for us), and Eva 4.0.

I think you might have slightly missed my joke there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
D'oh, you're right Smile

I'll blame the fact it was 2:30 in the morning here, and I thought i'd missed out on an announcement of the film's name (rather than it being a reference to the yellow goo/orange juice )Smile
Dr.Jackal
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched the first episode of Log Horizon.I quite enjoyed it, love the OP.
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:
"Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo (Evangelion: The New Movie: Q)"...
As for the story, I'm really baffled by the fan hate for it.

I suspect it's mostly a case of "it's vastly different from the TV series". Personally, I thought it was great, and I'm really excited to be going in entirely unknown territory for Evangelion for the first time in more than a decade. I've also shown the Rebuild movies to a friend of mine who's never seen Evangelion, and he was pretty impressed by 3.0.

Anyway, one episode in and Golden Time looks like it's the best of the season. Highly entertaining.

Kill la Kill looks okay.

Kyoukai no Kanata and Nagi no Asukara are both looking pretty good.

I've also been watching my Occult Academy Blu-Rays recently. Every bit as good as I remember it being.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Went to ReelAnime yesterday...

Garden of Words is impossibly beautifully animated, but I found it hard to connect emotionally to Makoto Shinkai's foot fetish.

Arise: Ghost In The Shell remains the best anime of the year.

009 Re:Cyborg is a well made film with great music, but it has some really... worrying socio-political themes that made it difficult to enjoy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Galaxy Express 999" TV 1 - 38. Yes, I bought the S'More box set. It really looks like they've ripped the streams from a website and slapped them on DVDs. It's pretty woeful looking, especially when you consider there's 10 episodes per DVD. That's HK bootleg (circa 2002) territory. Putting the insanity of the release aside, the series is quite good. It gets quite silly in parts and there isn't much plot being developed (Tetsuro and Maetel just travel from planet to planet), but it is quite fun. It's quite tragic in parts (for a show aimed at kids) and the writers often get Maetel in skimpy outfits or no clothes at all quite often, which is surprising and not like the films at all. Pity we probably won't get to see the rest of the series on DVD or BD in English anytime soon (possibly never).

"Galaxy Express 999: Eternal Fantasy". This is a prologue to never made two hour feature. I hadn't seen it for over a decade or more, but I like it a lot more than when I first saw it. I sort of wish they'd make another TV series. I think the film ties in with the manga Leiji Matsumoto was making the 1990's The Yamato appears right at the end which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

StorminNorman wrote:
Garden of Words is impossibly beautifully animated, but I found it hard to connect emotionally to Makoto Shinkai's foot fetish.
Wanting to become a shoemaker is considered a fetish now?
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:
"Galaxy Express 999" TV 1 - 38.

Was quite funny having never seen the series hearing used both on a television commercial and as the theme song for Animelo Summer Live 2013 on my last trip to Japan.

See here for the artist list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animelo_Summer_Live#Performers_13

Lots of well known voice actors amongst them.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:
"Galaxy Express 999" TV 1 - 38.

Was quite funny having never seen the series hearing used both on a television commercial and as the theme song for Animelo Summer Live 2013 on my last trip to Japan.

See here for the artist list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animelo_Summer_Live#Performers_13

Lots of well known voice actors amongst them.
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
u523 wrote:
If you've got time, head out to Oizumigakuen Station. It's covered with "Galaxy Express 999" stuff including the conductor who's inside the station. Some of the street lights around the station are also covered in little GE999 statues. Toei Animation is down the road and apparently Leiji Matsumoto lives in the area, hence all of the GE999 stuff.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched a few first eps from this season.

Coppelion: Nice looking series with an interesting premise. I'm interested to know where this goes, though the reason the main characters have to be high school girls is beyond me. Covering the T&A angle, I guess.

Golden Time: Could turn out to be a "wacky high school romance comedy set at college" but I'll give it some time to develop. The last scene of the episode is intruiging.

Walkure Romze: A horse (a mare at that) that loves to rip ths skirt of schoolgirls. Boobs and panties. Chestplate armour with boobs (lethally funnelling the jousting lance to the centre of the chest). I'm sure there's an okay story in there, yearning to break free, but I won't stick around for it.
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
Coppelion: Nice looking series with an interesting premise. I'm interested to know where this goes, though the reason the main characters have to be high school girls is beyond me. Covering the T&A angle, I guess.

In-universe, I imagine it's because they're genetically engineered and that's just how old they are at the time of the story. Why set the story when they're that old? Same reason 80% of all anime stars high school kids, I guess.

The Tragic Man wrote:
Walkure Romze: A horse (a mare at that) that loves to rip ths skirt of schoolgirls. Boobs and panties. Chestplate armour with boobs (lethally funnelling the jousting lance to the centre of the chest). I'm sure there's an okay story in there, yearning to break free, but I won't stick around for it.

I suspect you're giving it slightly more credit than it's due.

Non Non Biyori is a nice slice-of-life show. Very pretty scenery.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HimuraBattousai wrote:
In-universe, I imagine it's because [cut]. Why set the story when they're that old? Same reason 80% of all anime stars high school kids, I guess.

Mmm, yeah. Could have chucked in a boy or two, though I suspect they'd be tempted to introduce relationships if they did that. All-male? Or would that be cliche and sexist?
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
Mmm, yeah. Could have chucked in a boy or two, though I suspect they'd be tempted to introduce relationships if they did that.

Nah, even a cast of entirely one gender can't stop romantic relationships creeping in.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just started the first episode of Fairy Tail on Blu-ray. have been wanting to see this series for a while.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:
[..]

If you've got time, head out to Oizumigakuen Station. It's covered with "Galaxy Express 999" stuff including the conductor who's inside the station. Some of the street lights around the station are also covered in little GE999 statues. Toei Animation is down the road and apparently Leiji Matsumoto lives in the area, hence all of the GE999 stuff.

Thanks, I haven't ridden on the Seibu line trains much, but if I get the time I will visit there.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
my haruhi suzumiya boxset arrived yesterday

I was in a lazy mood and so got to and push though the endless eight arc

I certainly don't want to rewatch the whole of that arc for a long time

not as bad as the hype not much better either get dull very fast, I think it could have been achieved in 3-4 episodes

Honestly I dont like the opening or ending songs either after a couple of time they get very grating while the first season's I could listen to all day without problems
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Bodacious Space Pirates". Absolute trash, but reasonably fun trash. I got this overwhelming feeling that it was cobbled together from a list of popular (and somewhat clichéd) elements that otaku like (never read the light novels, so don't know how far the anime sticks or stays from them). Momoiro Clover Z doing the theme songs just added to my suspicions. Animation also looked rather cheap at times.
Timesplitter 01
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:
"Bodacious Space Pirates". Absolute trash, but reasonably fun trash. I got this overwhelming feeling that it was cobbled together from a list of popular (and somewhat clichéd) elements that otaku like (never read the light novels, so don't know how far the anime sticks or stays from them). Momoiro Clover Z doing the theme songs just added to my suspicions. Animation also looked rather cheap at times.

Urge to kill Greoboruri rising Twisted Evil
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Timesplitter 01 wrote:
Urge to kill Greoboruri rising Twisted Evil

Now, now, we can't kill him for his taste in anime... hoewever defective it clearly is.
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
HimuraBattousai wrote:
Now, now, we can't kill him for his taste in anime... hoewever defective it clearly is.
You have to admit it isn't the most original show out there. It's fun, but pretty bloody derivative. Then again over the years I've found my taste in anime compared with the wider anime fan community doesn't exactly gel.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just finished the last arc of Haruhi of the second season gotta say it made up for itself, even if the second season not as great as the first

the second last episode where kyon loses it was amazing

Also watched the movie......wow its been a long time since ive been left speechless. It is the best anime movie I have seen thus far

I loved every second of it and made up for the entirely of 2nd season

even if there is not going to be anymore Haruhi I am glad it left on a high note rather then a low one
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:
You have to admit it isn't the most original show out there. It's fun, but pretty bloody derivative.

Derivative of what?
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So it seems like Log Horizon is the first show to really get "people trapped in an MMORPG" right. Sword Art Online had an interesting premise but buggered up the execution in a big way, and .hack//SIGN, while interesting, should have been about half the length and felt like a 26-episode ad for the .hack PS2 games. But the biggest failing I feel both of them have is that they took themselves too seriously. Log Horizon hits the sweet spot of taking itself seriously enough, but not too seriously.

Greoboruri wrote:
You have to admit it isn't the most original show out there.

No, not really. At no point when I was watching it did I find myself thinking "this is just a knockoff of <insert show title here>"... and I've seen enough over the years that I tend to notice it when it's there. Sure it employs many plot elements and tropes that have seen use elsewhere, but so does basically all fiction.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HimuraBattousai wrote:

Indeed.

I thought Bodacious Space Pirates was great. Admittedly I was not looking forward to it in the slightest expecting a shallow, empty fan-service show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
slasher000
BT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i finished off ungo and really liked the prequel episode. ive worked on more of saint seiya and it is getting good. Ive also started on Suzuka and im enjoying it as much as i did the first time i saw it years ago.

now for the new shows that have started this season, to start with im going to mention i havent not liked any of them so far.

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova
: this show is about sea battles between ships and submarines and the ships take on a kind of human avatar form. from one i an understand the enemy ships are controlled by an unseen alien i think but i guess it will b explained later. there's quite a bit of 3D animation but after watching the first episode im liking it so far.

BlazBlue: Alter Memory : Based on the Blazblue games. The fights were interesting but a lot people think its going to be pretty bad. Im liking it tho.

Coppelion: 2 episodes in and its a lot better then i was expecting. the art is excellent and the concept of the story is great as well. Im looking forward to seeing how this one progresses.

Diabolik Lovers: This is completely different from what i was expecting even tho its pretty bad i cant help but laugh at how horrible it is. Ive also never seen a harem involving guys that treat the main female so badly before.

Diamond no Ace
: A new baseball series that is looking promising so far. The main character is an ace pitcher from his school in the country. in his last year in middle school he gets scouted for a school in tokyo. the animation is great and it has some good humor as well so im expecting good things from this one.

Freezing Vibration : Ive only watched the first episode so far but the new enemies it seemed to introduce are making me look forward to how its going to progress. and like the first season their clothing is so very very weak.

Galilei Donna : I had no idea what to expect from this one but after the first episode this is definitely going to be one of my favorites of the season. Its about 3 sisters who are the descendents of Galileo. from what happened in the first episode they have great potential the youngest sister seems to be really smart and a great engineer.

Gingitsune: This one is about a girl who lives at a shrine and the fox spirit that is the guardian of the shrine. the first 2 episodes were pretty interesting and i cant wait to find out how this one progresses.

Golden Time: Another series im looking forward to find out how it progresses. From the OP im expecting the girl to change who she likes and its going to be interesting to see how it goes. Also the tea ceremony club is crazy.

Gundam Build Fighters : This new gundam show is about building gundam plastic models and having battles with them on holotables. the concept is interesting and the animation is excellent. Its great to see all the old gundams and other mechs from the different gundam shows and the first episode featured the Wing gundam Very Happy.

IS: Infinite Stratos 2
: The second Season of Infinite Stratos. I really liked the first season and the second season is just as good. The first episode Ichika realizes how weak he is and it introduces a new character, the Student Council President who is going to be Ichika's personal training instructor. Also from a few things that were said, i think they will cover the schools festival which i think will be a lot of fun.

Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season : The second season of Valvrave was a bit confusing because it had been some time since i finished season 1 and there was a small time jump at the start. Im still looking forward to the way it progresses because i really liked the first season.

Kill la Kill : All i can say is this show is great. Art that resembles Gurren Lagann and a crazy story that makes me want to find out what happens next. Cant wait till episode 3 comes out.

Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season: I loved the first season and it looks like this season will cover the other members of the Generation of miracles.

Kyoukai no Kanata
: This one i knew nothing about. The concept of this one is that there are these monsters called youma and these people called Spirit World Warriors that hunt the youma. The main characters are a guy who is half Youma which makes him invulnerable and a girl with glasses that uses her blood as weapon. its pretty interesting and the art is great.

Little Busters!: Refrain
: Second season of Little busters and so far its looking good.

Log Horizon : This one is a lot better then i was expecting. I like the idea that the game world is based on real locations. Also i dont think people should compare it to other shows that involve being trapped in games like Sword Art and .Hack as each of them are completely different. they may have the same idea but there all very different.

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic
: The second season of Magi and its great right from the start. It seems Aladdin is going to go on an adventure by himself so i wonder how that will turn out. Also Aladdin is a real ladies man. Very Happy

Meganebu!
: This show is just weird. The only characters that are visible are ones that wear glasses so all the others are just shape like things. The first episode was about the glasses club trying to make xray glasses so they can see through women's clothes. If this show stays with this wacky comedy i think im going to love it.

Miss Monochrome
: I feel really sorry for Miss Monochrome. This is only a short series so the episodes are real short but what happens in these short episodes are good.

Nagi no Asukara
: This one is very different. Humans originally lived in the ocean and decided to move up onto land to gain more territory, this led them to be unable to live under water anymore. however not everyone left the oceans and the story focuses on a group of sea people and the town nearby on the land. it has a very interesting concept and the art style is very beautiful.

Non Non Biyori: This one is going to be a great slice of life and its very relaxing. Its set in the county and the main characters are the 4 girls who are the few students at the school.

Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru (My Mental Multiple-Choice Power Is Completely Ruining My School Romantic Comedy): This comedy is pretty crazy. The main guy has this ability that forces him to make 1 of 2 choices and he will be in pain until he makes the choice. Some examples of these choices are finding a porn magazine on the ground will you 1. bury your face in it and sniff it or 2. eat it. or another example is choose between exposing his top half or lower half in the middle of class. its really funny and i think its going to be one of my favorite comedy's this season.

Outbreak Company
: This show is about a portal to an alternate world found in a crevice. the main guy is hired to spread the otaku way in this alternate world. So far the first couple episodes were pretty good and im expecting good things from this one. Also i loved the attack on titan and other cameos that were in this series.

Samurai Flamenco: This is one crazy show. the show starts with a cop finding a naked guy in an ally. it then goes back to how that came about. The naked guy is a model who aspires to become a Super hero.

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! : This show is about wrestling and the main character is an idol who decides to become a pro wrestler after being mocked during one of her shows.

Strike the Blood
: This show is set in a world with demons and monsters. and the main guy is the 4th progenitor which has huge power. the fights so far have been pretty good and remind me of the fights from Blast of tempest.

Super Seisyun Brothers: Another short series that is about 2 sets of brothers and sisters and their daily life.

Teekyuu 3 : Season 3 of Teekyu and its just as crazy as the previous 2 seasons

Tokyo Ravens: this one is about Onmyoji magic. The main guy was supposed to become the next head of a powerful family but he has no talent. the first episode was interesting and i need to watch more to see how it goes.

Walkure Romanze: Jousting. I never expected to see an anime about jousting. After the first 2 episodes i think this is going to be your normal harem anime which jousting so i think ill like it.

White Album 2: I havent seen the first series but its not essential to understand this one which is good. It seems to be about the light music club forming a band to play in the school festival. the only problem is they dont have anyone to play in the band. Its got some good music and the art and voices are great as well.

Yowamushi Pedal: Another setting i wasnt expecting to see become an anime. competitive bicycle racing. The main guy seems like he is going to be a great character, an otaku with extreme stamina and he doesnt realize it because all otaku care about is the hobby. Ive loving it a lot so far.

Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. : The concept of this one is brilliant. The show starts with a group of heroes on an adventure to defeat the demon lord. Just before they reach his castle someone else defeated the demon lord first and the world became peaceful. The main hero couldnt continue to be a hero so he gets a job at a magical appliance shop. after working there for awhile a new employee comes and it turns out she is the daughter of the demon lord.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
slasher000 wrote:
Coppelion: 2 episodes in and its a lot better then i was expecting. the art is excellent and the concept of the story is great as well. Im looking forward to seeing how this one progresses.

I agree. It's good looking and the setup is intriguing.

Quote:
Galilei Donna : I had no idea what to expect from this one but after the first episode this is definitely going to be one of my favorites of the season. Its about 3 sisters who are the descendents of Galileo. from what happened in the first episode they have great potential the youngest sister seems to be really smart and a great engineer.

It's a bit early, but so far all I'm getting form it is inherited supergenius youngster who doesn't know how to operate her own inventions, and evil people after her for some reason. I'll give it a couple more episodes.

Quote:
Gingitsune: This one is about a girl who lives at a shrine and the fox spirit that is the guardian of the shrine. the first 2 episodes were pretty interesting and i cant wait to find out how this one progresses.

I don't often go for Japanese mysticism anime, but this seems nice.

Quote:
Golden Time: Another series im looking forward to find out how it progresses. From the OP im expecting the girl to change who she likes and its going to be interesting to see how it goes. Also the tea ceremony club is crazy.

Apparently similar to Toradora!, also by the someone working on this. I haven't seen Toradora! but at the moment I'm liking this. I quite like Linda. I think she'll become important. Did you see Miss Monocrome cosplayer in episode 1? Yui Horie (who voices Miss Monochrome) is in this as well.

Quote:
Kill la Kill : All i can say is this show is great. Art that resembles Gurren Lagann and a crazy story that makes me want to find out what happens next. Cant wait till episode 3 comes out.

Very nice. Also, vey absurb. In a good way.

Quote:
Miss Monochrome: I feel really sorry for Miss Monochrome. This is only a short series so the episodes are real short but what happens in these short episodes are good.

At first the "manager" was threatening to be incompetant. But it seems he can actually be a good manager. Miss Monochrome herself seems to lack cognitively, as evidenced by giving her fortune to her servant.

Quote:
Non Non Biyori: This one is going to be a great slice of life and its very relaxing. Its set in the county and the main characters are the 4 girls who are the few students at the school.

The slow pace is a good break from other series. I wonder if the lone boy student will ever get any recognition.

Quote:
Samurai Flamenco: This is one crazy show. the show starts with a cop finding a naked guy in an ally. it then goes back to how that came about. The naked guy is a model who aspires to become a Super hero.

I was going to watch this show, but I dropped it to reign in the amount of episodes to catch up on. I may watch it later. (Looking at my backlog, I doubt it, though.)

Quote:
Walkure Romanze: Jousting. I never expected to see an anime about jousting. After the first 2 episodes i think this is going to be your normal harem anime which jousting so i think ill like it.

I couldn't get past the fanservice in the first episode, so I dropped it.
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
Apparently similar to Toradora!, also by the someone working on this.

Same original author.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's it.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:
"Bodacious Space Pirates". Absolute trash, but reasonably fun trash.

You're dead to me.
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm a bit worried about Galilei Donna, it kinda reminds me a teeny bit of Girl who Leapt through Space.

Kyousougiga is magnificent-looking and plotwise seems to target pretty much exactly me: Kill-la-kill looks nearly as nice, but the story isn't hooking me quite as much.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Galilei Donna is basically Darius: The Animation.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
Galilei Donna is basically Darius: The Animation.

Oh, man, I remember poring over a Saturn Darius guide in an old EGM magazine over and over (the one with the Pocahontas and Killer Instinct 2 guide), fascinated by the art and style of the game. Definitely going to look into this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just started Haganai I think this one was a waste of money to be frank I am bored after 3-5 episodes

not sure if I will make to the end of the 12 episodes

I just got horizon and its looking much better at this point
slasher000
BT

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lostone1993 wrote:
Just started Haganai I think this one was a waste of money to be frank I am bored after 3-5 episodes

not sure if I will make to the end of the 12 episodes

I just got horizon and its looking much better at this point

not sure how you can not like haganai. i absolutely love it. the comedy is great and i love the characters. but i agree that horizon is good. a bit confusing but still great

ive worked my way through 26 episode of saint saiya so far and im enjoying it. i didnt enjoy it much to start with but now that the story has progressed a bit more im starting to like it a lot more.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
slasher000 wrote:
[..]

not sure how you can not like haganai. i absolutely love it. the comedy is great and i love the characters. but i agree that horizon is good. a bit confusing but still great

ive worked my way through 26 episode of saint saiya so far and im enjoying it. i didnt enjoy it much to start with but now that the story has progressed a bit more im starting to like it a lot more.

I still have to see either Horizon or Saint Saiya, having seen:

TERMINATED / Minori Chihara (Kyōkai Senjō no Horizon OP) both at Animelo Summer Live 2011 and 2012 and 2013, and:

ZONE//ALONE / Minori Chihara (Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere 2 OP) at Animelo Summer Live 2012;

Pegasus Fantasy ver.Ω / Shoko Nakagawa + NoB (Saint Seiya OP) at Animelo Summer Live 2013.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
seems like ive managed to get 2 dud's Sad
finished haganai it improved a bit, I am half way though horizon

honestly there is nothing wrong with them, I just don't like the style? anyway both remind me of heaven's lost property which I watched 2 episodes online and had enough. I do like the reference's in haganai though

slasher000 wrote:
[..]

hmm, you would not happen to like heaven's lost property would you ?

I found some comedy really good as for the characters I could say I only really liked two of them

Horizon is ok, though its something I really should have tried to find an episode or two. Before buying

To sum it up both are simply not my cup of tea.(Maybe i should say mug of coffee) Razz
slasher000
BT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lostone1993 wrote:
hmm, you would not happen to like heaven's lost property would you ?

I found some comedy really good as for the characters I could say I only really liked two of them

yes i do like Heavens lost property, i like all forms of comedy so there isnt much i dont like but some comedy's i like a lot more then others.

My Full metal Alchemist Brotherhood boxsets arrived the other day so i have started watching them and they look great on bluray.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished Horizon, while confusing it is really good, A little bit too silly(best way of describing it, I can think of) I started to really like it once the fighting began

not something I see buying the second season of, But definitely the more entertaining of the two I bought

slasher000 wrote:
[..]
My Full metal Alchemist Brotherhood boxsets arrived the other day so i have started watching them and they look great on bluray.

What is the difference between dvd and bluray ?, I know on bluray it is HD is that the only difference ? I have never seen the value in bluray personally
kyoujin
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lostone1993 wrote:

What is the difference between dvd and bluray ?, I know on bluray it is HD is that the only difference ? I have never seen the value in bluray personally

If your talking about the differences in DVD and blu-ray in general, you will get a lot of info from googling it.

Or if you just meant FMA, besides picture quality, the blu-ray also has a better quality audio stream
slasher000
BT

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lostone1993 wrote:

the picture quality is a lot sharper and clearer and the audio is a lot more clearer and sounds a lot nicer.

If there is a show on dvd and bluray ill always buy the bluray over the dvd version
kyoujin
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
slasher000 wrote:
[..]

If there is a show on dvd and bluray ill always buy the bluray over the dvd version

This. I wouldn't want to pay for a downgraded release of a show if there was a choice.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
kyoujin wrote:
[..]
If your talking about the differences in DVD and blu-ray in general, you will get a lot of info from googling it.

Or if you just meant FMA, besides picture quality, the blu-ray also has a better quality audio stream

I know the general differences, higher data storage, Highier quality movie's etc

I thought there might be something special with regards to anime. More special features something like that

slasher000 wrote:
[..]
the picture quality is a lot sharper and clearer and the audio is a lot more clearer and sounds a lot nicer.

hmm ok, highier quality

slasher000 wrote:
[..]

kyoujin wrote:
[..]
This. I wouldn't want to pay for a downgraded release of a show if there was a choice.

I still don't see the value but then again I properly don't the tv/sound system to take full advantage of it anyway

well thanks for answering my question slasher000 and kyoujin
Sethscar
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
lostone1993 wrote:
[..]

I still don't see the value but then again I properly don't the tv/sound system to take full advantage of it anyway

That right there is why you don't see the point, you quite literally won't see it lol.
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So Kill La Kill reminds me of nothing so much as Blazing Transfer Student.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYaUNzd78lc

This is a good thing.

Also, it's looking like all the episodes of Kyousougiga are going to be made up of thematically-connected vignettes, focussing on the why and leaving the what, when and how to implication.

... which, hang on, isn't that boogiepop phantom's structure? At least for the first half? Radically different in appearance, mind [boogiepop has a vivid colour palette of grey, beige, and occasional splashes of russet and even olive green, while kyousougiga is all subdued lemon-yellows and pinks].
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maxes Social Link with the Madboards and shares a tender moment with the Madboards... Razz

Persona 4. :3

The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darth Tallis wrote:
Maxes Social Link with the Madboards and shares a tender moment with the Madboards... Razz

Persona 4. :3

I'm playing Persona 4 (Golden). Very Happy

Social link rank up!
jeff
Linn Syun-Rock Dreu Haider Jinto

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been on holidays and spent some time trying to get through my backlog! Embarassed

Sword Art Online Anicrad Parts 1 & 2 on BD, a rather enjoyable show.

Campione! on BD a rather fun show.

Kokoro Connect TV on BD a rather fun show, ended up being a lot more serious than it first seamed.

Special A (dub version) a rewatch of this rather fun show this time with a dub.

Future Diary Part 2 and I thought that the first part of this show was crazy & bloody. Psycho Yuno certainly has fun in this half.

Eureka Seven AO part 1on BD, well certainly interesting so far. Since part 2 arrived yesterday I will watch part 2 soon.

And if my backlog wasn't long enough I felt like watching something older & delved into my pile of haven't watched for ages & watched Lost Universe, I like the small Slayers references in this show as it was by the same people.

Last night I watched Blood-C The Last Dark movie, got off to a rather good start. The wishy washy Saya that was in most of the Blood-C series is gone & she was more like the Saya of Blood the Last Vampire. The movie was good however the end seamed rushed and a bit of a let down, it was almost like 'oh we have to finish this and we only have x minutes left.'

R1 DVDs
Current totals DVDs = 3756, Figures = 430, Soundtrack CDs = 1466, Artbooks = 364.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lostone1993 wrote:
I thought there might be something special with regards to anime. More special features something like that

MPEG4 has specific optimisations for animated content which means it can be encoded with much better quality than on a DVD.

Even without a decent TV, you'll definitely notice a difference when ships fly off into the inky blackness of space, rather than the mess of black-with-dark-green-macroblocking of space that they fly to on DVD.

(Best example: Cowboy Bebop. The 'warp lines' effect is a hideous mess on DVD, and this is noticeable even on crappy old CRT sets. They look and move properly on Blu-Ray due to vastly superior encoding and more resolution.)
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jump back on board One Piece, up to collection 18.
Bleach season 2

Page 254 of 272

Jump to: