Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo.

Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo.
Author
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo. Reply with quote
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2011-08-26/3rd-evangelion-remake-film-to-open-fall-2012

Australia probably wont see a DVD/BD release until 2013 or even 2014, but it's something at least.

Last edited by SVanD on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
SGD_Eirikr
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh good. I hope 4 is still included with it, it should be, it's still named Kyu/Q/Climax.

I also hope when 3/4 come here, Madman reissues the card sleeves for 1/2 or does a nice box for those of us who are waiting on it be finished before purchase.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
About bloody time, really. (Yes I understand all the, erm, troubles Japan has had lately, but this should have been announced with a release date shortly after the second movie was released.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blue Monday
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Really need to get my act together and watch 1.0 and 2.0,
SVanD
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some interesting info about Eva 4.0;
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2011-12-31/final-evangelion-remake-film-to-open-in-2013

2013 is not as good as the simultanious release with 3.0 they originally promised but it could be worse
Faz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SVanD wrote:
2013 is not as good as the simultanious release with 3.0 they originally promised but it could be worse

It sounds much better to me, this way instead of getting 2 half movies screened together, like what happened with Rebirth and The End Of Evangelion, we'll be getting 2 full length films.
azn2newbie
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
For the lols.

http://animeafterlifepodcast.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/1311988144416.jpg?w=630
Faz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Information slowly trickling in from Japan:

OH GOD ANNO, WHAT BEAUTIFUL INSANITY HAVE YOU UNLEASHED UPON THE EARTH???
kyoujin
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Storyline Spoiler

according to some of the Japanese forums there was a huge change in the storyline compared to the original, something like a 14 year time skip, but the characters still look the same physical age, because apparently being an Eva pilot halts the aging process
SVanD
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
So it's been a few days since Reel Anime started. Has anyone got anything to say about this film?

I know there's plenty of hate for it on the net (cry fanboys cry) but I really quite enjoyed it; this was the first of the Rebuild movies to actually give us what Anno promised. A "new" Evangelion.

Looks like the time-loop theory is debunked... At least I hope it is.

The original series has been dead to me for a while -as in watched to death by the end of the 90's. Whilst what was remade for Rebuild looked unreal, I'm glad we're now in the second half and hip deep in a new story.

Funimation announced the dub cast on ANN on Friday; so this time nect year before we can buy the DVD huh Wink
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I haven't seen the third but I'm glad it's a new story, it's well known that there were issues with how the story was told last time due to budget and Anno's personal issues.
And honestly considering I have enjoyed the rebuild titles so far but hated the series I think I will happily embrace something different to the series which is (as we've all seemed to agree on) what the rest of the internet seems to hate about it.

Though I've been told it's VERY confusing unless you've seen End of Evangelion (no idea why as they shouldn't be that connected) which is a shame because that's the only original Eva I never saw...
SVanD
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmmm, I don't know if I buy that; about it only making sense if you've seen End of Evangelion. I will agree it is confusing.

There appears to be a lot of missing story between the end of 2.22 and the start of 3.0. It kinda leaves the audience in the same place as Shinji -not knowing what happened. This can be a good think because it leaves you guessing- provided they intend to answer some of the more burning questions in 4.0. If not, then Anno is doing the same old "foreshadowing for no reason" thing he did in the series.

I like to forget the original series happened when thinking about Rebuild- the aftermath looks similar to the events of End of Eva but not the same. like most things in Rebuild. Given that 3.0's timeline is years after, it looks like we're past End of Eva and are speeding towards an ending that doesn't involve choking and crying on a beech.

Only time will tell I guess.
Sethscar
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The original series was what got me into anime and I have held off obtaining it via other means in favour of a cinema release. I legitimately have no idea what to think, a four letter word beginning with "F" comes to mind followed by "ummm...right". That being said I will kick in the door of my local JB HiFi at 8:59AM the day the blu-ray is released then sprint home and re-watch it a million times in an attempt to figure it out
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SVanD wrote:
Hmmm, I don't know if I buy that; about it only making sense if you've seen End of Evangelion. I will agree it is confusing.

I watched it with some friends (who had just watched the first two a matter of hours before) the other evening, At least two of three of us (including myself) agreed that it was actually not very difficult to understand, if anything we had more issues following 2.0.
I also quite enjoyed it, although I had/have some notable issues with it but a lot of that stems from how much better it would have been if it was what the original post-2.0 preview promised.

It is a shame they didn't keep the ongoing thing of some sort of mix of "Beautiful World" playing over the credits (though the new song's lyrics were so fitting that they made me sad instead of the actual film) and as much as I really love the poster for 3.0 (possibly even more than 1.0/2.0's similar posters) I would have liked those posters to keep the theme they were doing too. But those are minor problems that don't affect the film in any way of course.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: