Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Recommendations for new series to watch via Streaming

Recommendations for new series to watch via Streaming
Author
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Recommendations for new series to watch via Streaming Reply with quote
I have a crunchyroll membership but haven't made much use of it yet and the only shows I watch on it when I get around to it are Otome Yokai Zakuro and Sword Art Online.

I'm pretty much open to anything worthwhile but action and/or comedies are usually my go to at first, then swordplay type shows especially if they're set in a historical Japan (Rurouni Kenshin, Sengoku Basara and of the like).

I'm not as big on fanservicey shows as I once was so I'll prioritize them further down the list.
Knight of L-sama
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Of the current stuff, Strike the Blood, Arpeggio of Blue Steel and Beyond the Boundary seem up your alley.

Older stuff, there's Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse, Majestic Prince (it takes a while to find its balance), Girls Und Panzer, Heroman (really old by Crunchyroll standards) and of course there's Bodacious Space Pirates, but that's good enough that I'd recommend buying it outright.(Available on BD and DVD from Hanabee)
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well going off the "This-Season" titles I see on crunchyroll right now:

Nagi no Asukara is probably the best show this season. It doesn't really fit into your categories but I feel I should mention that.

Golden Time is another Romantic Comedy but it's definitely one of the better entries in the genre as of late.

Beyond the Boundary/Kyoukai no Kanata is pure beautiful action. Visual delight!

Stuff pre-this-season

Watamote is a great comedy, it's probably the only good example of cringe comedy which is probably my least favorite style, but it pulls it off when you see the main character suffer the way she does through sheer stupidity and social awkwardness. It's far from generic as it's just so damn silly.

AKB0048 (You didn't think I'd let this one slide did you?) is a personal favorite of mine which crunchyroll has. It's a surprise hit with a great story and some pretty fun action.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: