Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

My top pick to watch in summer

My top pick to watch in summer
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: My top pick to watch in summer Reply with quote
Michiko & Hatchin

this anime has bright art and Summer feel to it being set in a south American type country.

what anime would you guys recommend for summer? post em up I wanna see.

edit: I also recommend Girls und Panzer or Shinryaku Ika Musume for any time of the year both fun watches.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Air TV is based around summer and has a very beautiful summer feel.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shuffle - plenty of fanservice but still a spring/summer feel for a lot of it.

Gunslinger Girl inc Il Teatrino - It has more of a feel of summer maybe due to it being based in Italy.

Sister Princess - Harem style brother with his sisters on an island.

Kaleido Star inc New Wings - It's Cirque du Soleil as an anime. It is bright and dark like summer and it's storms.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Summer Wars, of course. About half of the Ghibli catalogue is pretty summery: Totoro, obviously, or Kiki or Porco Rosso. [but not Ponyo, which is autumn...]

Hrm. In japan, summer is a time for ghost stories [long evenings -> time for storytelling, and the shivers can help you stay cool]. Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, say, or Dennou Coil. Maybe Hell Girl, but I think episodic shows work better for the winter. For the summer you want something with a plot to it, something where you can watch three episodes in a row without being worried you've just put the DVD player on title repeat.

If not ghosts, then fireworks: there's a little show from a few years ago, Oh Edo Rocket, that I'm quite the fan of. Don't know any other fireworks anime.

... Fireworks, summer, and ghost stories? Why, there's only one choice: Grave of the fireflies! Twisted Evil
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Uta Kata" is also a very summer-type series.
As is the previously mentioned "Hell Girl" (I recall watching all of season 1 in a sitting in summer, it feels very summerish despite an episodic nature in my opinion)

Another good one is the sort-of-sequel to "Someday's Dreamers" (I haven't seen the first, but I imagine it would be good too) "Mahoutsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora". heck, Summer is IN the title (by that logic I guess "Waiting in the Summer is another candidate)
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
As is the previously mentioned "Hell Girl" (I recall watching all of season 1 in a sitting in summer, it feels very summerish despite an episodic nature in my opinion)

Like I said, ghost stories. The problem with episodic shows -- well, monster-of-the-week shows, which Hell Girl essentially is -- is that if I watch more than one in a row I get bored by the 45min mark. If you don't mind the repititition then that's fine, it's just a personal thing.

I think last summer I burned through Ghost Hunt, which is structured as mini-arcs, I think two-to-four episodes long. Based off a novel series, each arc representing one story. I like it.

Or you could watch Heathy Naked Swimming Club Umishou. [yes, it's a real program. from the mangaka of sankarea...]
Hellion
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for the reply's iv seen most of them but the ones I haven't ill check out.

and yea hell girl.. I don't have a rating system for anime myself its either good or not. and hell girl is number three of a very short list of anime I despise.

I remember watching ghost hunt. needs more seasons for sure.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: