Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

madman being sold off

madman being sold off
Author
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: madman being sold off Reply with quote
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2014-03-06/funtastic-limited-to-sell-australian-distributor-madman-entertainment

wonder if this will help or hinder the release of anime and other films in Australia
kyoujin
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
will be interesting to see what happens
Sir_Jamesalot
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anything could happen.
kyoujin
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
NEWS: Madman Entertainment to be Sold Back to Original Owners

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2824679
leewill
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
From the look of things this sounds very similar to what happened to Funimation a few years ago.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's the original tumblr post.

This is pretty great news. Good luck to Tim and Paul and everyone at Madman!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good luck, guys. Hopefully this returns Madman to the customer focused, brilliant company they were. Or nothing will change at all and they'll still keep the majority of their focus on cosplayers and conventions and remain as terrible at interactions that they have for the past few years.

Sorry Madman, while you never fail to impress with your title selection, you've been disappointing on a number of other levels for a few years now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gouki wrote:
Good luck, guys. Hopefully this returns Madman to the customer focused, brilliant company they were. Or nothing will change at all and they'll still keep the majority of their focus on cosplayers and conventions and remain as terrible at interactions that they have for the past few years.

Sorry Madman, while you never fail to impress with your title selection, you've been disappointing on a number of other levels for a few years now.

Would love to hear what you mean by this. Could you provide some examples of how you think we can interact with you more?
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
[..]

Would love to hear what you mean by this. Could you provide some examples of how you think we can interact with you more?

Poor email respond time, slow at fulfilling online orders, ignoring questions tweeted at them and asked on Facebook, but taking the time to retweet endless praise towards Reel anime and the like, near abandonment of their own forums...

There are a lot of people who simply walked away from being customers of Madman and have no regrets. I am not one of them, but it's a little disappointing, as Madman used to be so fantastic at all of that, and on the ball with all of their customers and fans that I actively scoffed at people who imported the products Madman licensed because of it. Now it's hard to convince people otherwise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gouki wrote:
[..]
Poor email respond time, slow at fulfilling online orders, ignoring questions tweeted at them and asked on Facebook, but taking the time to retweet endless praise towards Reel anime and the like, near abandonment of their own forums...

There are a lot of people who simply walked away from being customers of Madman and have no regrets. I am not one of them, but it's a little disappointing, as Madman used to be so fantastic at all of that, and on the ball with all of their customers and fans that I actively scoffed at people who imported the products Madman licensed because of it. Now it's hard to convince people otherwise.

Regarding Email - Our team try to respond within 48 hours. Are you getting responses outside this window?

Online Orders - Something out of our control and we do put in a 2-3 day order processing window plus shipping.

Facebook and twitter - I beg to differ as we always respond within 24 hours on a week day, especially on Facebook. Can you point to instances where this is not the case? Us retweeting praise is not unusual when we are given praise surely? I pride myself in being able to answer these questions as quickly as possible, sometimes even instantly so I'm having trouble believing we are not answering questions.

Whilst I do not frequent these forums as much I still do check every so often and post where needed. Nothing serious that has risen on this forum that I'm aware of I have not answered.

We appreciate all our fans and are trying to adapt to interacting with them in as many ways as possible, but remember this, we are now releasing more titles than ever before and also doing more things to give fans experiences they haven't had in the past. Things like the Madoka Magica movie event, the Sword Art Online and Evangelion Art Exhibitions etc.

If you have more suggestions on ways we can change more I'm happy to listen to them.
Timesplitter 01
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gouki wrote:

Fantasista Doll is one of the most recent ones I have questioned why it was even licensed.

Sometimes my questions have been ignored as well or taken a long time to get responded to. I hardly post on the madman facebook page anymore besides trying to get Bakuman advertised a bit more with the madman facebook subscribers. I do want season 2 and 3 to be release in Australia.

Two most recent things I have bought from madman are Bakuman Season 1 (Decent Subs and possible season 2 and 3 release) and Blue Exorcist on bluray (because it was cheaper than the USA). Otherwise I am importing from the USA these days.

When i bought Bakuman from JB Hifi the girl behind the counter said she had never HEARD of the show but from the cover it looked interesting. Now if only madman would only put a bit more advertising behind it Razz
evil_kenshin
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
Regarding Email - Our team try to respond within 48 hours. Are you getting responses outside this window?

Similar to others I too have had e-mails in the past ignored until i've sent a 2nd email (and this is after a week+ of waiting)
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Were these queries regarding your order or something else?
evil_kenshin
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
Were these queries regarding your order or something else?

it varied, one was about an order inquiry and only after i sent a complaint that the first email was ignored was it replied to (in this case an order was forgotten to be processed by madman which is why i needed to send an email).
Knight of L-sama
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:

I'd say more communication via the main website's news section. Not all of us use Facebook (and quite frankly at this point in time I have no intention of ever using it. It seems to encourage a culture of over-sharing that I'm just not comfortable with).
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Enough examples, Sly?

The phone service isn't much better, the persona I spoke to on the phone most recently (should have gotten her name, sorry) simply tried and get me off the phone by saying "email us", until my partner spoke to her and said "no, they get ignored", at which point he was promised an email that day. And shock horror, nothing has come through yet. That was Monday morning.

And, no, it's not really acceptable to accept, retweet, and post endless praise when you can't be bothered answering emails and posts at the same time.

That's from people on these board, mate. There are people on other boards, other platforms, who won't even bother now. I'd be happy to provide evidence, but I'm not sure how Madman feels about post-board posting, and I'd rather not bring people who no longer wish to have anything to do with Madman into it.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gouki wrote:
Enough examples, Sly?

The phone service isn't much better, the persona I spoke to on the phone most recently (should have gotten her name, sorry) simply tried and get me off the phone by saying "email us", until my partner spoke to her and said "no, they get ignored", at which point he was promised an email that day. And shock horror, nothing has come through yet. That was Monday morning.

And, no, it's not really acceptable to accept, retweet, and post endless praise when you can't be bothered answering emails and posts at the same time.

That's from people on these board, mate. There are people on other boards, other platforms, who won't even bother now. I'd be happy to provide evidence, but I'm not sure how Madman feels about post-board posting, and I'd rather not bring people who no longer wish to have anything to do with Madman into it.

These are handled by different people across different teams. The social media people have no transparencies on the web sales team and the receptionist don't have transparencies on the social media team, but I do apologies on their behalf that you've had some bad experiences with them.

I will try and get to the bottom of why it does take so long for it to be turned around. You're right that it's not acceptable to have waited so many days for a response.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, Sly. Sorry if the tone came across as rude, sometimes it's just so frustrating, especially when having been a fan of Madman for so long (and part of the Madboards for almost thirteen year--Christ!), it does feel like a step down, but I do understand that the workload has increased exponentially with all the different avenues they now go down.
Tachikoma
Shiki Tohno

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My complaint is the death of the online community that thrived on here a few years back. Perhaps posting on forums is out of style these days. However, I blame how this place is being managed... which is a bit, how should I put it, nanny-ish.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: