Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The General Video Game Discussion Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 339, 340, 341  Next
The General Video Game Discussion Thread
Author
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition "unboxing" video. I typically buy the standard edition of a game but I have to say that's a mighty impressive product. Surprised
drae
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
EDIT: I accidentally wiped this post when I tried to quote it. I'm pissed, and I'm sick and I can't be bothered writing it out again. Feel free to laugh at me failing at the internet.

Last edited by drae on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah I kinda posted that before double-checking my order for the AU limited edition that doesn't come with the figurine. $150 is pretty expensive but I get the impression that the Tales series has fans enthusiastic enough to pay that much for it.
FireAza
Kiichi Goto

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys, go grab "Papo & Yo" from the Steam store, it's on sale for $3.74. It's a very powerful game, based on it's creator's experiences growing up with an abusive, alcoholic father.

You play as a little boy who befriends a giant creature called Monster. Monster is usually docile, but he has an addiction to poisonous frogs, which also send him into a violent rage towards you when he eats one.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
So anyway, Saints Row IV got refused classification.

A modified version of the game was rated MA15+ on August 2nd.
drae
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
“The Mannerites are a group headquartered in the Coliseum in Los Angeles,” said Findley. “They’ve found this book: The ‘Miss Manners Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior’. They made it their Bible. Good manners, in a post-apocalyptic wasteland setting, are the most important thing to them. They think, how can we be civilized? How can we bring back civilization except by being civilized? So that’s why they think that this is of paramount importance. Anything that goes wrong, like spitting in the streets or whatever, they see that as just a slippery slope down to complete chaos. It could be the wrong salad fork.”

“When you get into the level, there’s a Mannerite who’s up for execution for violating Mannerite law. The crime that he committed was coming to church in dirty clothes. That’s a capital offense. That leads to a whole thing about whether you save him or not and what that means. Do you save him, because that’s a stupid reason to kill somebody? And then violate their rules and make them hostile to you?”

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/01/a-day-with-wasteland-2/

Just a sample of the awesomeness called Wasteland 2. Just 2 months 2 go, just 2 months 2 go!

Then there's Project Eternity and Torment: Tides of Numenera being worked on. Good times to be alive for old-school rpg fans!
drae
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alert Alert! JRPG/RTS game in development with some serious talent on the team.

EDIT: The team includes award winning fantasy author yoko enoki, final fantasy artist kiyoshi arai, and living legend Nobuo Uematsu. It's worth checking out, and maybe supporting if you have the money?

A picture of Ruffles, an angel with amnesia.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/project-phoenix-japans-indie-rpg-feat-aaa-talent
TidalWave_Jeannette
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Hmmm... Reply with quote
...btw, did you notice Square Enix will be releasing an HD version of the first Kingdom Hearts? Not just that, but it will be the Final Mix edition!
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Along with HDified-port-of-a-port Chain of Memories and the cutscenes of 358/2 Days. They're also releasing Final Fantasy X/X-2 together for PS3 and seperately for Vita.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
This thread is now about Divekick.

If you don't know what Divekick is, then you should probably sell all your video game consoles because you are clearly not interested in video games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
This thread is now about Divekick.

If you don't know what Divekick is, then you should probably sell all your video game consoles because you are clearly not interested in video games.

If your going to do a crazy rave for it then I will do a silly rant against it.
I will talk about it badly in the most silliest way for a silly game. Laughing

For those against StorminNormin who raving Divekick...I suggest you KEEP all your consoles and pray that you NEVER hear or TALK about 'Divekick'...In the same way you might say "Rule #1: Do not talk about fight club" and Rule #2: YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB" when it comes to Divekick.
You will have quite a funny reputation in the fighting game community if your a tournament winner in Divekick.
It will be like saying your the first Jamaican bobsled team and you know how that went down when people first heard about that...a laughing stock.

Yes Divekick is a utterly STUPID and silly game...and your first impression makes you say that the hell is this...this doesn't seem like a fighting game but yet it looks like a fighting game? But then you first ask what is Divekick you say?
Divekick is a parody fighting game where you do only dive kicks...in sense a parody to fighting games where a lot of attacks are dive kicks in fighting games.
All you do in 'Divekick' is dive kick each other until someone gets hit...its a no brainer game...But what's the point of playing a fighting game if you only have 'one attack move' which you can easily guess what it is...a 'dive kick'.
All you do is jump and dive kick...and THAT'S IT.

It's just sudden death dive kicking each other...you can say its retarded and there's no point to it.
You would call it "A DISGRACE to all fighting games in that it's even considered a fighting game", because you only have one attack...and no fighting game is just one attack move over and over again.
You be considered a spammer in the fighting community for pulling off cheap one hit moves over and over again...in sense this game nothing but spams you.
You could argue it is not even full-fledged fighting game...then again it's not even half a fledged fighting game.
Any full fledged fighting games would at least apply more methods of attacks then just dive kicks.
You could say its a game for complete dummy's who can't even play Streetfighter. Laughing
You can call it 'I'm too dumb to play streetfighter so I'll just play Divekick instead'. Laughing
I've personally played fighting games for years but and this makes me cringe at the thought that people are stupid enough to make something like this and then try make a trend out of it, by making a strategy fighting game base on just dive kicks.
What's worse is that people rave about and spread news to their friends that it's great game, then you find out it's NOT so great at all and that you rather play streetfighter or some other fighting game.

Take my advice if you want to be good at fighting games and be considered a great gamer or a champion at fighting games then don't play this.
DO you really want to be a champion at dive kicking?
If your good at streetfighter chances are you win everytime playing this unless you going up against another streetfighter player...but then again why would an expert streetfighter player waste his/her time on a game like this when they can play...you guess it "Streetfighter". Laughing
If you LOSE in Divekick consider yourself a joke to the fighting community gaming world and be called a "fraud".
But then again who even uses the word 'Fraud' in the game fighting community against a loser who can even win 6 rounds.
But then again even if you come last in a fighting game tournament no ones really gonna laugh at you unless the people there are really bad sportsmanship or sore winners.
Hey I've even come first at a Dead or Alive tournament at work but at least I wasn't a sore winner to the losers.
Divekick game mocks you for losing as a 'fraud' can really get on your nerves.
As Mortal Kombat Shao Kahn taunts would say "HAHAhaha Don't make me laugh" when he easily defeats you...which at the same time annoys you and mocks you for losing...but considering this he's the main boss so he has the right to kick you around like a rag doll.

I can tell you this much experts or champions at fighting games will not be playing this game...unless they sink to a new low of 'boredom'.
Sure it's a laugh out loud game, but you have to be a complete dummy to want to pay for this game. Rolling Eyes

Now to end my sum up parody review of a parody game...you don't have to take this seriously since it is a silly game after all.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I received Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Tales of Xillia - Day One Edition in the mail yesterday. I'm disappointed that it seems all PS3 games now come in lower-quality cases.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rise of the Triad REBOOT...well you probably heard from GoodGame that the game is speed up so fast that it can make you sick. Laughing
Speeding the game up is almost pointless as you can barely even control your point of view or even your aiming cause your moving so fast your eyes probably can't keep up...no wonder it can make people sick.
Probably so much FPS that the eye can't even handle it which is just enough to make someone feel motion sickness.
Any game that makes you sick is probably not a great game.
Though some people like me can handle it more so than others but this new Reboot is totally ridiculous at these speeds.

But come to mention it I still have the old Rise of the Triad game from the 90's and I have to say it sure was a fun game back then, but it was quite difficult game to play in terms of enemy and traps all over place and finding the right weapons.
It was a bit of a Wolfenstein 3D rip off or sort of sequel to Wolfenstein 3D but with Duke Nukem 3D/Shadow Warrior like graphic quality but it did release before Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior.

But The weapons and power up were awesome thing about this game such as:
All the different types of rocket launchers from straight bazookas to heat seekers...it was a RPG fest game.
Split missiles
Heat seekers
Firewall missiles etc.

But the best parts were the hidden weapons such as Exalibat (named after Exalibur obviously) which is a baseball bat that shoots out exploding balls...and apparently it STILL in the Reboot but looks a bit different.
Charge the Exalibat and exploding baseballs came out at all directions...well in the original.
Also the Dark staff which shoots out an electric energy ball.
Yes there all back in the reboot.

The different power up modes:
I remember you could turn into a Dog mode and also 'GOD mode' which increases you in size and you can shoot energy balls from the palm of your hand that homes in on your enemy.
Also you can easily walk over any body and crush them with your feet...yes it was pretty cool power up that only lasted a few seconds.
There was also 'Mercury mode' which makes you fly and you can walk on air and get to areas which was hard to get to.

After grabbing a knife from a statue you could use the knife to cut yourself free from enemy's rope nets that were thrown at you to trap you and hold you in place as they kill you...it was the first game that had use of a side knife as a way of escaping enemy traps.
I was also the first FPS game to introduce double welding pistols if you picked up a second pistol.
The game also introduced a gas mask when around poison gas traps.
Even the reboot is still full of bouncing pads and spinning blade traps.

Though even though some of these modes are back in the reboot, it still makes me think that the original was quite special and one of the best FPS of its time, as it came up with unique ideas that was added FPS that wasn't around at the time.
Even though the graphics back in the day was simple compare to now, it was still quite a good game for its time and it introduced NEW ideas and new weapons that not other FPS game had come up with yet.

::El Oscuro the final boss you didn't know how to defeat::
The final boss El Oscuro who was head leader of the mysterious Triad Cult who was a Monk with strange abilities.
You didn't even know how to kill El Oscuro because every time you attacked him he would get stronger and more invulnerable and that attacking him actually HEALED HIM...like who knew?
The key to killing him was NOT to attack him.
Until he exhausted all his power he then changed into a multi-headed snake like thing (well multiple heads of himself linked together like a snake actually) and then you had to chase the snake like El Oscuro before he tried to get away.

Once you trapped him, you then still had to set traps just to kill him.
And Yet he still had that invulnerable ability that if you attacked him he would get stronger and stronger and duplicate more heads like a 'Hydra'.
Come to think of it he's ability was similar to a Hydra that killing one head grew back another and then only way to kill a Hydra is burning it alive with fire.
So you had to trap El Oscuro with fire so that it trapped and burned him to death...it was the only way to kill him and yet the game gave you NO CLUE on how to kill him...it was sheer dumb luck that you figured it out.
I wasn't until I accidently knocked a wall that trapped him in a room that set him up for the kill.
Lava like floor plates were uncovered to so that him stepping over the lava would slowly kill him.
Yes it was quite a tricky game, but most of the time I had to play with cheats on or unlimited ammo just to finish the game.
It certainly was quite a tricky game to play.

This new reboot interest me but the game speed is that waaay beyond crazy.
Whether the same bosses will be in the reboot is hard to say but I'm guessing that El Oscuro could still be the final boss since he is the Triad cult leader after all.

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:17 am; edited 4 times in total
drae
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm pissed off, I've been sick all day and I accidentally wiped my above post when I tried to quote it. Yeah, I suck, and I don't care.

Quote:

So I'm withdrawing my previous warning about Gamelane, but will say instead that if you have problems it may take a while for them to get back to you. I'm glad they're still alive, because their delivery times are great.

This was part of the above post which I stupidly wiped *points up*.

UPDATE ON SITUATION: I'm still wrestling with them, trying to fix up my order 1 month later. It seems like it takes a while to resolve any problems with them... primarily because they send, on average, one email a week. Might as well just use snail mail! Good luck trying to correct any errors with your order Rolling Eyes

I JUST WANT MY GAME Crying or Very sad
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just watched the Tesla Effect Comic Con trailer. Awesome.

I'd link it but it's backer-only for the moment. Available publicly tomorrow.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I restarted Splinter Cell: Blacklist about a week ago after my original save game became corrupted about two-thirds of the way through the game. I'm now past where I was four months ago and have enjoyed the game a lot.

Small tip: Charlie's prototype weapons seem to be the best in the game outside of DLC. I unlocked them pretty much ASAP and nothing else has surpassed them.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm now trudging my way through Dark Souls II. In this entry to the series FromSoftware have added a tally that shows the total number of souls you've acquired to date. The only thing worse than this would be knowing just how many of them you've kissed goodbye thanks to botched retrieval runs. Razz
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished the main story of Assassin's Creed IV last night. A couple of weeks ago, I finished Assassin's Creed III: Liberation. There must be something about odd-numbered main AC games. I never finished the original, and I stalled in sequence 6 of III. Finished all the Ezio games, though. Should get to Liberation HD.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
After approximately ninety-five hours of gameplay - including a few hundred deaths - over the past four weeks, I have finally finished Dark Souls II. Another excellent entry in the series that's just as epic and addictive as its predecessors. Come to think of it, the only series on PS3 that I might have put more time into is Assassin's Creed - and that's across five games compared to Souls series' three.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it worth getting a 3ds just for Zelda link between words and pokemon y/x. the smash bros, also looks like it will be good
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
chris-of-penrith wrote:
Is it worth getting a 3ds just for Zelda link between words and pokemon y/x. the smash bros, also looks like it will be good

Yes because #Hoennconfirmed
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got the Mission Impossible trophy in Dead Space 2 a few days ago. I'm happy with it even if I did "cheat" by doing an extra run on casual difficulty to pimp out my character in preparation.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is Bravely Default and Fire Emblem on 3DS, worth picking up?
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
chris-of-penrith wrote:
Is Bravely Default and Fire Emblem on 3DS, worth picking up?

They are both such must-haves and great games, you should feel bad asking this.Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bravely Default will make a Sound Horizon / Linked Horizon fan out of you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOtVEt-3L4Q

Great soundtrack from what fans of the game and Revo have told me.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Classification Board lived down to its reputation. Hotline Miami 2 has been refused classification "largely due to a scene that includes sexual violence." (PlayStation Australia's words on Facebook).
Sir_Jamesalot
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
The Classification Board lived down to its reputation. Hotline Miami 2 has been refused classification "largely due to a scene that includes sexual violence." (PlayStation Australia's words on Facebook).

It's for your own protection.
Adults are extremely impressionable and irresponsible enough to try to do these things.

I'm a rebel and picked up the very illegal "Phantasmagoria".
Got it from my dealer out the back of his van.
Sethscar
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sir_Jamesalot wrote:
[..]

It's for your own protection.
Adults are extremely impressionable and irresponsible enough to try to do these things.

I'm a rebel and picked up the very illegal "Phantasmagoria".
Got it from my dealer out the back of his van.

What?
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sethscar wrote:
What?

Meh. I just ignore him as much as possible. He seems to be out to stir people and get a reaction.
Sir_Jamesalot
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
[..]

Meh. I just ignore him as much as possible. He seems to be out to stir people and get a reaction.

Hey guys, what are we talking about today?
I have no idea.
Zer0enix
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have be revisiting a old love of mine from my childhood
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas picked it up for my Xbox360 for 5 dollars with the deal on gold special better grab it while you can!!
FireAza
Kiichi Goto

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bought Grim Fandango Remastered on Steam and I was wondering how long I would have to wait for it to finish downloading. About three minutes as it turns out, as this happened:

I do not miss Australia's internet Razz
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any other iDOLM@STER players here?
I'm doing another playthrough of im@s2 on my PS3 to pump myself up because my copy of ONE FOR ALL Best Edition just shipped.
This is both my third playthrough alltogether and my third playthrough with a variation of Project Fairy (Miki, Takane best girl and Hibiki). As much as I love Miki and Takane it'll be nice to finally play with some other characters next playthrough (did those three each time to unlock a good costume).
I'm doing quite well this round, but I'm still dreading my 9th playthrough to hit Level 10 in a flawless Hyper difficulty run Razz. But I'm confident I'll potentially be good enough by then, at least I hope...
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been playing the hell out of Hyrule Warriors on the WiiU.

Been alternating between that and Tales of Heart R on the Vita.

Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is probably best off in the PS3/4 thread but I really didn't know which one to go to and this thread seems more active:

I know I've previously answered this a similar question but does anyone know a good place to get Japanese PSN cards? I usually use Japan-Codes but all the places I find charge in USD which is an insane jump in price to the JPY equivalent.
Is there anywhere that charges in AUD or JPY?
Forgive me for grovelling, there's a sale on idolm@ster DLC and that stuff's expensive as hell as it is.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You could always get a Japanese address from somewhere like Tenso.com and order from Amazon JP. I don't know if they sell digitally or not, so you may have to wait (and pay) for shipping
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
You could always get a Japanese address from somewhere like Tenso.com and order from Amazon JP. I don't know if they sell digitally or not, so you may have to wait (and pay) for shipping

I have one of those, I just don't really know if I want to pay shipping twice for digital funds on top of the surcharge the sellers on amazon of the cards add on (Do Amazon sell their own? I only found resellers). I understand it's being picky but I just think it's silly- it's a principles thing.
Thank you though!
Angel_Cop_Fan
Kuu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pillars of Eternity Damm Hard Crpg game ever.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just finished my first playthough of Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed. I got it a bit over a week ago, so it's fairly short. At least, it seemed to be. But with four more routes and higher difficulty levels, there's still a bit to do. Plus all the collectibles to collect.

Makes me wish the first Akiba's Trip game was translated.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been on a bit of a Zelda bender. Played Majora's Mask on the 3DS a few weeks ago. Now I'm playing Twilight Princess on the Gamecube. Or rather, the Gamecube version via my Wii. Just beat Zant. For how badass he appeared throughout the game, he's really more like the Starscream of the Zelda series. Only more erratic. Not really a revelation, since he's a playable character in Hyrule Warriors, which I've also played a lot of.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm so embarrassed.
I'd been waiting months for this one iDOLM@STER DLC song I really liked to go on sale.
It goes on sale tomorrow so I was putting it into my cart so it would be easy to find and I accidentally purchased it at full price and now can't also buy the matching costume...
I actually cannot respond to myself right now Razz
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm getting Omega Quintet from the US. For some reason, I was under the impression it was a Vita game, but when I saw the DLC section of the US PlayStation blog store update post, I finally twigged that it's actually a PS4 game. I have a PS4 that needs games, so I'm not complaining.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
trying to decide on whether to get PS4 or Xbox one Confused
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
chris-of-penrith wrote:
trying to decide on whether to get PS4 or Xbox one Confused

I got myself a PS4 at Christmas and loving it.

Playing Shadow of Mordor, Assassins Creed: Unity, Mortal Kombat X...so far.
Might have to buy Witcher 3 on PS4 and PC since my PC needs an upgrade and can't handle it but will have to do with the PS4 version for the time being.

The only downside to PS4 is pay to play online with friends...but you need a playstation plus membership to do so.
But so far I've access most online content without the playstation plus membership...but it depends on the game what can be single player online.

I know with AC:Unity you can do co-op mission private which is single players, but the missions will be harder since their suppose to be 2-4 player missions.

Mortal Kombat X is a bit annoying that you can only unlock certain costumes in certain online modes.
But you can still connect online and play but technically your "online single player"...but you can still put points towards your faction.
Yes Mortal Kombat X has factions and depending on who wins each week you get Kombat Kard rewards.
Kombat Kard (card with a K) is your profile and depending what card or Kard you have it puts points towards Koins or FXP(Faction XP) or XP when you either win a match or do fatalities or stage interaction or play as a certain character...its up to you.

IF you decide on whether to get a PS4 or Xbox you still will get games have DLC for each of then and sometimes it can be annoying that you buy the game and STILL don't get all content unlocked.

AC: Unity, Shadow of Mordor and Mortal Kombat all have season passes and each have expansion packs.
Mortal Kombat X kombat pass which is the season pass is actually CHEAPER online than buying the season pass card at Jb Hifi or Ebgames.
The season pass is around $37 but Jb and Eb both have it around $44...like WTF that is a bit of a ripoff a few extra bucks.

But it also depends on what games you want to get as some games have exclusives like Bloodborne which is PS4 only.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since I've managed to get my Windows ME system going in normal mode, I can now start replaying Mechwarrior 3 and Summoner. ^¿^

For an old RPG, Summoner is still a pretty decent game and Mechwarrior 3 is fun as you can shoot up people to the chorus of screams. ^¿^ ^¿^

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got a ps4 yesterday wondering what some good indie games are to download?
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
chris-of-penrith wrote:
Got a ps4 yesterday wondering what some good indie games are to download?

There's heaps to checkout if you login to the PSN.
I have purchased Strider for both PS3 and now lately PS4...PS4 just has slightly more detail....hard to tell the difference though.

I have heard Transistor is another indie game which is good to play but I haven't purchased it yet since I waiting to Devil May Cry 4 re-release with Vergil, Lady and Triss pack.
Will be released this week.

When you get a PS4 for the first time...update the firmware straight away...as it improves stuff...but you don't need to be signed in to PSN as it automatically updates it.
You also have to check your downloads list every time your online in notifications as you sometimes get updates for games such as patches and stuff.
But also your DLC is listed here as well.

But I have to warn you once you sign up to the PSN your trophies can only be accessed and viewed "ONLINE ONLY".
I found this out the hard way when I first bought my PS4 last year.

But the PS4 isn't like the PS3 where you have the option to select to have your trophies online or offline.
I swear an future patch should be added so you can view your trophies offline.
One thing new is you can delete trophies that are 0% which is games you have no trophies for.
But you can't delete DLC trophies that are 0% which is bit of a shame.
For example you have shadow of Mordor which has two DLC packs and you also have those DLC trophies listed because you updated the games system file automatically when online.

But since you don't own the DLC you still have the DLC listed trophies in your trophies list. But for some strange reason you cannot delete those trophies even when you don't even own the DLC.

Another example I can get 100% platinum trophy for Shadow of Mordor but it still won't say 100% overall because of the DLC trophies.
Once I complete the DLC trophies it will say 100% overall.
But the main game will still say 100% but the DLC's will still be 0%.
Kinda of a pain the in ass when you have DLC trophies in the list but you haven't purchased the DLC yet.

So far I have downloaded and purchased expansion pass for Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
But also thinking of getting more DLC for Mortal Kombat X....there now Jason from Friday the 13th and Tanya pack now.
I already have Goro and scorpion cold war pack as it came with game.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finished the main game of Danganronpa 2 last night. I liked it, except for the thing regarding Chiaki. That hit me like Jurassic Bark. But I hope she makes an appearance in the inevitable Danganronpa 3.

But the reappearance of three (or four I guess, if you count Alter Ego) of the first game's survivors was a highlight. More Kirigiri is always good..

Junko also made a comeback. (It's hard to talk about the game without spoilers.)

Onto Island Life now, as well as reading Danganronpa IF.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
what games are people most looking forward to? For me most excited about fallout 4, Star Wars battlefront and ff7 remake
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
chris-of-penrith wrote:
what games are people most looking forward to?

Final Fantasy VII remake, I guess. No Man's Sky, that game with a female protagonist I can't remember the name of because I've only seen litle write-ups once or twice but looks intersting*, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III (although I haven't played the first two; I'm hoping they'll get rereleased) as well as the previously announced usual suspects, Uncharted 4, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III, Yakuza 5, Persona 5, Disgaea 5. There may be others I've forgotten.

EDIT - * Horizon Zero Dawn

Page 340 of 341

Jump to: