Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Have you ever tried to play a 20th Century Fox Blu-ray...

Have you ever tried to play a 20th Century Fox Blu-ray...
Author
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Have you ever tried to play a 20th Century Fox Blu-ray... Reply with quote
...and find out it stops after the 20th Century Fox logo? Let me give you a few examples.

I tried playing the Turbo Blu-ray on my Kogan Blu-ray player but it stopped after the first logo. Yes, it's a Dreamworks movie (where the boy in the moon is earlier in the ident), but Dreamworks movies are now distributed by 20th Century Fox.

I also tried playing my new Robocop (2014) blu-ray, but it too stopped after the first logo. It seems the f**kers at 20th Century Fox have put a new kind of copy protection on the disc that states you have to connect to the internet before watching the blu-ray.

PS. Is there a way I can get the firmware on my Kogan Blu-ray updated to the current version? I had the player connected by wi-fi, but I can't get a firmware update.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is best asked in the relevant pre-existing thread rather than making your own thread just for the one question
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your Blu-Ray player isn't fully AACS-compliant. Update its firmware or buy a better Blu-Ray player.

(Or, better yet, extract the content from the disc into a non-restricted format so you never have this problem again.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another funny thing about Blu Ray compliant is also "HDCP"(High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection) which is also another thing listed under AACS-compliant.
Basically if you have a Blu Ray drive on your PC, and to be able to play BD on your PC you need to have a monitor that's HDCP compliant...otherwise you can't play Blu Ray at all.

When I first installed my Blu Ray recorder drive on my PC and ran the Cyberlink BD & 3D advisor test.
Which is a test that see if you PC is Blu ray and Blu ray 3D compliant and shows which of your PC components are compatible for BD.
Well my Old monitor came test back fail for HDCP due to not having a High Def monitor.
Well after that I went out and bought myself a 21.5" LED LCD High Def Monitor and now I can play BD.

Which is quite funny that in order to play BD you need your system to be 100% compliant just to play BD.
Though I can't play Blu ray 3D due to not having a 3D monitor but I don't care for 3D anyway.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: